HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Where is Killer Carlson? Where is Trottier? REUNION THREAD

Old
05-09-2013, 10:54 PM
nyscene

vCash: 500
Trots is back! (At least for one post)

The series is ours :beer:

Hope you pop in more often. You usually had some nice tidbits of wisdom to share.

nyscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:57 PM
nyscene

Btw, do any of our posters go back to the old sports-boards days? I remember that being one of the first isles boards I regularly posted on, before it abruptly shut down. After that it was espn and Stoney's lounge for a bit, before settling here.

nyscene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:13 PM
mitchy22

Just figured I'd pop in and say hello the boys who made some enjoyable reading/debating/commenting in the past. Definitely miss more than a handful of posters, but I don't blame anyone from stepping away from these boards. I walk away for chunks at a time, as well (for both time and sanity reasons.)

Mitch

mitchy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:15 PM
mitchy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyscene View Post
Btw, do any of our posters go back to the old sports-boards days? I remember that being one of the first isles boards I regularly posted on, before it abruptly shut down. After that it was espn and Stoney's lounge for a bit, before settling here.
I posted on the Don Cherry "boards" on AOL before they were even really "boards". Then, they became more of an actual site, but the transition sucked. I found my way to here, and I'm not even sure how that happened.

Funny side note while talking about the past - my ghetto web page while I was at the University of Delaware in the mid-90s used to show up in the top-10 on Webcrawler if you searched "New York Islanders". It had a big picture of Palffy and just a rant or two about myself, hehe. (I wished I saved the content. That'd probably be really funny for me to go back and read now. I cringe sometimes when I look at the **** I used to type in the past. That probably even includes up to yesterday. )

Mitch

Old
05-09-2013, 11:28 PM
Seph

Send a message via AIM to Seph
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trottier View Post
The mind-blowing patience of NYI fans is finally being rewarded. (I particularly think of Crew with that comment!) Good luck to you and your team (but not your owner!).

- Trottier
Great to see you post again! Even if it is only to be the one. I miss having your insights and posts around here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Carlson View Post
Thanks for the kind words, Seph. My old co-mod! Hope all is well with you, comrade.

Absolutely. I'm sure he'd still hate Snow and Wang but would absolutely be enjoying this series, as we all have. I tried a while back to reach out to Darth via email but have not heard back from him in quite some time now.
Indeed, things have been good. Hope the same for you!

And I dunno, I could see Darth actually liking Snow's patient, perhaps to a fault, approach. It is what he always wanted to see us do.

But everyone hates Wang, that one goes without saying

Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:26 AM
TROLLPOSO

Quote:
I belonged to the email Isles List run by David Strauss, that came in email or digest form. I chose the Digest version as it otherwise cluttered my email inbox. Played inline hockey with them several times at the coliseum and in garden city. Good times.

Last edited by TROLLPOSO: 05-10-2013 at 05:42 AM.
TROLLPOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:53 AM
doublechili

vCash: 350
Quote:
Bones - right here. Jerry (Killer) alerted me to this thread, so I figured I'd revisit HF for the first time in eons. Not bothering reading through the thread, as Killer said that the usual silly suspects spewed their venom and they were never worth my time...but for the rest of long time NYI fans here, I send sincere good wishes. Regardless of tonights' loss, this series is far from over. And. clearly the team has arrived. They possess a certified world class talent in #91 and a ton of young depth. This playoff experience, regardless of how long it lasts, will be invaluable moving forward.

The mind-blowing patience of NYI fans is finally being rewarded. (I particularly think of Crew with that comment!) Good luck to you and your team (but not your owner!).

- Trottier
Hey Trots, thanks for checking in. I hope all is well. I miss your presence on this board.

Despite the woes of the past 20 years, there are now a handful of players on this Isles' team that would do your namesake proud.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:11 AM
macleod50

Quote:
Yeah we actually met for a game at Dave and Busters a long time ago. It was me, KP, PecaIsGod, and a few others.

Those were two very good boards.

macleod50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:18 AM
Fantom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchy22 View Post
Just figured I'd pop in and say hello the boys who made some enjoyable reading/debating/commenting in the past. Definitely miss more than a handful of posters, but I don't blame anyone from stepping away from these boards. I walk away for chunks at a time, as well (for both time and sanity reasons.)

Mitch
There were time i would go missing for a few months. Sometimes you get busy Etc.

Fantom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:58 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
I miss trottier's insight and darth. Goin way back with them to the talkaboutsports days

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:01 AM
Strummergas

Good to see Trots and Kvashinator12 make an appearance! I hope you both are enjoying this run as much as the rest of us on this board.

Strummergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 02:50 PM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Regardless of tonights' loss, this series is far from over. And. clearly the team has arrived. They possess a certified world class talent in #91 and a ton of young depth. This playoff experience, regardless of how long it lasts, will be invaluable moving forward.
Trotts, glad to be wrong about this #91 based on the pre-draft concerns. This guy is far from the Brad Boyes player some people thought he might become - kind of ironic in a sad way

Quote:

- Trottier
Patience? Is that what you call it?

Stock·holm syndrome noun \ˈstäk-ˌhō(l)m-\

Definition of STOCKHOLM SYNDROME

: the psychological tendency of a hostage to bond with, identify with, or sympathize with his or her captor
Origin of STOCKHOLM SYNDROME

from a 1973 robbery attempt in Stockholm, Sweden, during which bank employees held hostage developed sympathetic feelings toward their captors
First Known Use: 1978

Last Known Use: Charles Wang and the New York Islanders fan base.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublechili View Post
Hey Trots, thanks for checking in. I hope all is well. I miss your presence on this board.

Despite the woes of the past 20 years, there are now a handful of players on this Isles' team that would do your namesake proud.
That handful is the reason the Isles have made the playoffs and won two games against the best team in the East.

Let's grab two more wins on the weekend and keep it going!

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 03:16 PM
mitchy22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
There were time i would go missing for a few months. Sometimes you get busy Etc.
Wise move.

Mitch

Old
05-10-2013, 03:48 PM
Darth Milbury

I'm glad to see Trottier, KC, Tom Liodice, and the rest here again, but the guy I really want to hear from is Oleg Kvasha. Man,do I ever miss Oleg.

Darth Milbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 03:53 PM
Doshell Propivo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
I'm glad to see Trottier, KC, Tom Liodice, and the rest here again, but the guy I really want to hear from is Oleg Kvasha. Man,do I ever miss Oleg.
Hey! You're back. Did you take a wrong turn driving Czerkawski to the airport and get lost!?

Doshell Propivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Bones45

Quote:
no way we are losing Game Six, now that Darth has arrived.

NO ****IN' WAY.

Bones45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kvashinator12 View Post
I miss trottier's insight and darth. Goin way back with them to the talkaboutsports days
I was on Talkaboutsports too. Good times.

I was under another handle then and here too.

Actually first came Strauss's list, then Cep's list then AOL boards then Talkaboutsports.

Board veterans all over.

Bert Marshall days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:43 PM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
32K posts! How on earth does anybody get 32K posts? No wonder you disappeared, your fingers fell off.

Old
05-10-2013, 05:02 PM
redbull
Expect more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bert Marshall days View Post
32K posts! How on earth does anybody get 32K posts? No wonder you disappeared, your fingers fell off.
You got it wrong Bert. Like Chuck Norris, Darth does NOT use his fingers to type!

redbull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:55 PM
DaMick
at least we got D

Send a message via MSN to DaMick
Quote:
Quote:
Bones - right here. Jerry (Killer) alerted me to this thread, so I figured I'd revisit HF for the first time in eons. Not bothering reading through the thread, as Killer said that the usual silly suspects spewed their venom and they were never worth my time...but for the rest of long time NYI fans here, I send sincere good wishes. Regardless of tonights' loss, this series is far from over. And. clearly the team has arrived. They possess a certified world class talent in #91 and a ton of young depth. This playoff experience, regardless of how long it lasts, will be invaluable moving forward.

- Trottier
Quote:
Nothing grandiose is needed for tonight. In the words of Al Davis...

"Just win, baby.-Killler
Ah i miss you guys on this board....

btw Great series...

05-11-2013, 02:17 AM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Carlson View Post

Ever? Anywhere? You need to get out more.
!
That's what my wife says.

Dave's a killer. Dave's a mess.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:39 AM
Bert Marshall days

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
You got it wrong Bert. Like Chuck Norris, Darth does NOT use his fingers to type!
LOL haha

I don't get it.

Old
05-11-2013, 07:53 AM
Kvashinator12

Send a message via AIM to Kvashinator12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strummergas View Post
Good to see Trots and Kvashinator12 make an appearance! I hope you both are enjoying this run as much as the rest of us on this board.
I am definitely enjoying the playoff run, and really glad to see some old friends make their way around here again. Glad to see my fellow Blue Hen darth make an appearance, and also Trotts, KC, and a few others. Most of us have been talking hockey for well over a decade now, and through all the downs things are finally looking up. Win or Lose tonight, very proud of the way this team has played this year. That being said they are winning tonight.

Kvashinator12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 09:01 AM
islescoop

Yahoo msg board

It was a small group of regulars, but any of the old yahoo posters in here?

islescoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Killer Carlson

Because someone asked me nicely on Twitter...

LET'S GO ISLANDERS!