Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Chieftans22*
#FreeSeguin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Tuukka ****ed up with his vapor lock and gave a dead team life...its ok to admit it. He will rebound.
This is true. He absolutely gave them life.

After the life was given, however - the Bruins should have smacked the hope back to it's corner. And they had their chances.

Old
05-23-2013, 09:57 PM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOKER 192 View Post
This inability to close out series has to cost him at last 1M SO 5M - five years, let's see you close out a series GOD DAMMIT.
1 man team?

Old
05-24-2013, 02:58 AM
Oan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka Time View Post
1 man team?
Sure, didn't you know that goalies are the ones who close the series? Other players just can't close the series, so that job is absolutely on the goalies, and no one else. Rest of the team can basically stop playing at the point when it's time for goalies to close the series.

Old
05-24-2013, 06:41 AM
Yeti34

That was easily Tuukkas worst game. I don't know how people can defend that abysmal performance.

Old
05-24-2013, 06:45 AM
du5566*

Tuukka played bad last night but he is a great goalie and people need to stop bringing up 2010 and/or reading too much into one game. Also I would like to remind folks that Tim Thomas had some real stinkers in the 2011 Cup run. People tend to just remember the finals and act as if he was that dominant for the entire playoffs, which is simply not true. Stop hating on Tuukka!

Old
05-24-2013, 07:04 AM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Tuukka ****ed up with his vapor lock and gave a dead team life...its ok to admit it. He will rebound.
I keep reading that, but what about the team playing in front of him that had supposedly snuffed the life out of the Rangers on previous ocassions? Are they so fragile that they couldn't still keep two 1-goal leads after that error by Rask?

I also remember a Bruins team that appeared to have little life going into the 3rd Period of the 7th game against the Leafs. And I didn't particularly view it as the Leafs letting the Bruins back into that game; the Bruins fought there way back into that game and the Leafs simply didn't respond likewise. I'm not sure the same didn't happen last night; the Bruins didn't put the Rangers back in their place after they supposedly got a little life.

Old
05-24-2013, 07:11 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by du5566 View Post
Tuukka played bad last night but he is a great goalie and people need to stop bringing up 2010 and/or reading too much into one game. Also I would like to remind folks that Tim Thomas had some real stinkers in the 2011 Cup run. People tend to just remember the finals and act as if he was that dominant for the entire playoffs, which is simply not true. Stop hating on Tuukka!
Rask 2-8 in clinching games. 34 goals against in those games. Closed out series 4-3, and 5-4 in OT. Thomas clinched series, 4-1, 4-3 OT, 1-0, 3-0.

Rask will hopefully be fine, but don't biatch at people for being concerned..especially with that track record.

Old
05-24-2013, 07:58 AM
Daishi

Quote:
Rask 2-8 in clinching games. 34 goals against in those games. Closed out series 4-3, and 5-4 in OT. Thomas clinched series, 4-1, 4-3 OT, 1-0, 3-0.

Rask will hopefully be fine, but don't biatch at people for being concerned..especially with that track record.
Wow. Like those 'statistics' would have much or anything at all to do with how Rask or Thomas play in clinching games. The Bruins are a weird team in that when they're outplayed they'll still make it to game 7, but also when they are outplaying their opponent themselves they also somehow can't close it fast and drag it to game 7. In game 7's they're around 50-50. In reality nobody cares how many clinching games you lost if you won the last one that counted.

Old
05-24-2013, 08:11 AM
Kaoz*
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:

Of more concern is that .890 sv pctg he's sporting in those 10 games. It's still a small sample size but it would seem that when the pressure is on Tuukka has more holes.

I love me some Rask, but you can't help but be concerned about it. That said Tuukka is still young in NHL goalie years as most tend to hit their stride around ages 28 to 30. You can compare Tuukka's struggles to other solid young goalies such as Price, or even go back and compare them to Timmy's (who's own ability to close out a series was severely questioned just previous of and right up to the Bruins cup run due to game 7 losses to Montreal and Carolina just previous). He needs to learn to deal with pressure and adversity just like everyone else and may just not have had to the time to acclimate yet.

Old
05-24-2013, 08:17 AM
Scotto74
Back in Blue!

Quote:

This is the reason I have said all year that Tuukka has not proven to me yet that he can handle the playoffs. Last night was bad and I hope that it's now out of his system and he steps it up with a shut out tomorrow night. I want him to prove to me he can do it deep in the playoffs and when the pressure is on. I want him to do that and be the Bruins gaolie for a long time.

so far he has not sold me.

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Old
05-24-2013, 09:06 AM
Tuukka Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
This is the reason I have said all year that Tuukka has not proven to me yet that he can handle the playoffs.
11 playoff games this season. 7 against a very offensively skilled team in Toronto.

He was the Bruins first star according to NESN and many others after round one. He has one bad game out of 11 and he hasn't proven he can handle the playoffs? My God.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:10 AM
patty59

Quote:

No kidding, most people had the same concerns with Thomas and he proved everyone wrong.

We need Rask to stand tall Saturday, I think he will, but there's no reason to jump on someone for doubting him.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:13 AM
Scotto74
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka Time View Post
11 playoff games this season. 7 against a very offensively skilled team in Toronto.

He was the Bruins first star according to NESN and many others after round one. He has one bad game out of 11 and he hasn't proven he can handle the playoffs? My God.
no he has not proven he can handle going deep in the playoffs. he has been to the 2nd round twice and he caved the first time. This time he was good up until last night.

I am not looking at just this season I am looking at his career. I am not saying I don't think he can do it because I do think he can. I am saying he has not proven it to me yet that is all.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:17 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
No kidding, most people had the same concerns with Thomas and he proved everyone wrong.

We need Rask to stand tall Saturday, I think he will, but there's no reason to jump on someone for doubting him.
The thing with Thomas though, is he was down in two series 3-1, and played some pretty good hockey to get them to game 7's,..then we know what he did in 2011.

I honestly think you can easily win a Cup with Tuukka as your goalie...but I do think he has some concentration issues when he has a cushion.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:22 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
Of more concern is that .890 sv pctg he's sporting in those 10 games. It's still a small sample size but it would seem that when the pressure is on Tuukka has more holes.

I love me some Rask, but you can't help but be concerned about it. That said Tuukka is still young in NHL goalie years as most tend to hit their stride around ages 28 to 30. You can compare Tuukka's struggles to other solid young goalies such as Price, or even go back and compare them to Timmy's (who's own ability to close out a series was severely questioned just previous of and right up to the Bruins cup run due to game 7 losses to Montreal and Carolina just previous). He needs to learn to deal with pressure and adversity just like everyone else and may just not have had to the time to acclimate yet.
not sure why some people get such ******** when something like this is said...

Old
05-24-2013, 09:22 AM
northeastern

i think people are trying to hard to find a reason why tuukka ****ed up on that one goal. I think he slipped... it will happen. did it suck hell yes, but what is anyone going to do.

Tuukka will rebound. People are trying too hard to make this into a career ending error.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:25 AM
Scotto74
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
i think people are trying to hard to find a reason why tuukka ****ed up on that one goal. I think he slipped... it will happen. did it suck hell yes, but what is anyone going to do.

I do not think any of the other three goals are on tuukka at all. he played okay hockey aside from that first goal in my opinion. a lot of errors throughout the lineup.

Tuukka will rebound. People are trying too hard to make this into a career ending error.
the steal from Chara and wrap around was on Tuukka. Goalie should always cover the side of the net when his players is coming around. Always. That one is on him as much as Z. Tuukka was lazy on that play for sure.

People are not trying hard to find something to fault him with. When you slip and fall on your ass and let in a goal when the puck is going less then a mile per hour thats the goalie fault. There is nothing you have to "find"

as far as career. Tuukka has fadded in his only other apperace in the 2nd round so why would you not be concerned?

Old
05-24-2013, 09:28 AM
skillhockey

The first goal was bad ice, 2nd goal was all Chara. **** happens, rask played good otherwise.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:28 AM
Fair Warning

I think we can all agree Tuukka Rask is a solid goalie.

But let's be honest -- that first goal last night looked like something out of a bad mini one-on-one match.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:31 AM
BoyntBergie

He gave up an awful goal and he combined with 2 other teammates to give up a fairly bad goal. Happens to all goalies at times. The true test is how he bounces back. I'd say he responded fairly well the rest of game 4, game 5 will be even more telling.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:34 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post

The thing about this year and last night is that Tuukka doesn't have to get by some Philly scrub one more game. He has to go out and outplay a goalie who is known for stealing games. I wouldn't be worried but I don't like the dynamic of going up against such a good goalie in this position. If anything I'd rather be faced with winning 1 more game against a good team with an average goalie than beating and average team with a good goalie.

Lundquist needs to be dominant or just be better than Rask in 2 more games and he will have put Tuukka in a seriously scary and bad spot which will ultimately alter his career should the Bruins not win this series. A potential game 7 is a frightening thought.

Guarantee if we lose Saturday you will see Khudobin threads.

Rangers got 2 goals they didn't deserve at all after they were virtually dead and buried and eliminated from the playoffs and that falls on the goalie. Those goals were embarrassing, if it was soccer I doubt a player would have gotten credit for scoring and each would technically be own goals they were so bad.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:37 AM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
the steal from Chara and wrap around was on Tuukka. Goalie should always cover the side of the net when his players is coming around. Always. That one is on him as much as Z. Tuukka was lazy on that play for sure.

People are not trying hard to find something to fault him with. When you slip and fall on your ass and let in a goal when the puck is going less then a mile per hour thats the goalie fault. There is nothing you have to "find"

as far as career. Tuukka has fadded in his only other apperace in the 2nd round so why would you not be concerned?
I'm not concerned just yet. I understand your concern based on his record, but I think we have a more mature Tuukka now. What I don't understand is the people making excuses for his crappy play last night.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Pie O My

that 1st goal was a gong show, but looking at the long term the issue isn't with Tuukka, the issue is with 33. His running on fumes is having a ripple effect on the PK. Not feeling good about game 5.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:46 AM
Scotto74
Back in Blue!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
I'm not concerned just yet. I understand your concern based on his record, but I think we have a more mature Tuukka now. What I don't understand is the people making excuses for his crappy play last night.
I have a very slight concern but still think the Bruins win this tomorrow night. I just really really like Tuukka as a goalie and want him to be great. He just has not proven to me yet he can do it in the 2nd round because he was part of that epic fail against philly.

I don't get the excuses either. He was bad last night. Show me a goalie that has not had a bad game in the playoffs. But when he is bad you call it bad.

Old
05-24-2013, 09:52 AM
KrazyLegs

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastern View Post

Actually, I don't think anyone has said anything remotely close to that.

Closed Thread