HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Nazem Kadri, time to step it up

Old
05-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Diatomic
~~~ NAZEM KADRI ~~~

vCash: 500
Love Kadri. I hope he works on

1) Faceoffs
2) Consistency <-- ?? Not sure how you work on that but it's a must for him

Would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see a line composed of

JVR - Kadri - Kessel

IMO that's a real top pairing. Big Bodies Power-forward, Young Playmaking Centre and Elite Sniper. Wow.

Diatomic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:43 PM
blueNwhite89

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeafsWantStanley View Post
Love Kadri. I hope he works on

1) Faceoffs
2) Consistency <-- ?? Not sure how you work on that but it's a must for him
I would argue he was our most consistent offensive threat all year. Second only to Kessel if anyone.

blueNwhite89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:36 AM
anonymousleaf
Rookie User

with Kadri i think what's most important is his strength and skating....when i watch him play he tends to fall a lot! (not sure if hes trying to draw a penalty or if a brisk wind picked him off his skates). But if his skating improves (its good right now) combined with his increased strength i really think it can add another dimension to his game in terms of driving the net/ board work and really giving him that extra gear against tight checking teams. The Boston series was a good example..Kadri would have been far more effective throughout the series if his legs didnt give out on him every time a boston player would lean on him

anonymousleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:39 AM
rdawg1234

44% is piss poor for faceoffs, should be in the high 40's at worst after a while.

lots of centres arent great at faceoffs, but the top centres in the league are at least capable of 47% or more, most are 48-51% kind of guys which is where he should be.

rdawg1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-18-2013, 12:50 AM
Stephen

Quote:
Originally Posted by anonymousleaf View Post
with Kadri i think what's most important is his strength and skating....when i watch him play he tends to fall a lot! (not sure if hes trying to draw a penalty or if a brisk wind picked him off his skates). But if his skating improves (its good right now) combined with his increased strength i really think it can add another dimension to his game in terms of driving the net/ board work and really giving him that extra gear against tight checking teams. The Boston series was a good example..Kadri would have been far more effective throughout the series if his legs didnt give out on him every time a boston player would lean on him
Yep, Kadri does seem to fall a lot. He needs to improve on lower body strength. His legs look downright spindly, and even as a slender guy he does look a little top heavy proportionately.

Stephen is offline   Reply With Quote