HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bozak/Hamilton/Komarov should be replaced for a try.Call up Greg Scott.

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-06-2013, 10:44 PM
  #1
leafspring*
 
leafspring*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,361
vCash: 500
Bozak/Hamilton/Komarov should be replaced for a try.Call up Greg Scott.

This line-up has some jam or not enough jam and needs it.

Bozak (the face off specialist) won 12 lost 17 and is playing small and slow. The time for Colborne in the 2 slot is now and Bozak needs to sit.No matter what his previous accomplishments have been.He is ineffective in this series and he is not winning faceoffs.

Hamilton is not effective and i would have much preferred to see him called up earlier in the season. We need more speed and grit than he can provide it seems. Taking him out would/should be a easy call.

Komarov's ineffectiveness got him 7 minutes tonight and i would rather give them 7 minutes to McLaren for intangibles Leo can't bring to this series.The bruins have been told to basically ignore him and take the hits he dishes. He is ineffective.

I would think Colborne would really like to succeed against his old team if Carlyle were to insert him in the line-up in Bozaks place or second line.Bozak is playing very stupid play-off hockey with a lack of grit that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Colborne big body center in for Bozak.

Greg Scott speedy fiesty energy winger with a right handed shot in for Hamilton.

McLaren in for Komorov to add a banger with some better instigating intangibles for leo.

We need to shake it up and stir the pot some in the next game and in the same breath remain disciplined while instigating.The energy is in the changes i proposed,with some possible added scoring punch,some pure punch(mclaren) and maybe a motivational pat on the back that will lead to some more offensive zone time.

It needs to be done even if it seems drastic.

leafspring* is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:47 PM
  #2
skacore
Registered User
 
skacore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,643
vCash: 500
Haha it's funny to hear people describing players like it's something we haven't tried already "Colborne - a big bodied center..." yeah we've tried all those guys out (except Scott). Bozak is going to be more effective than Colborne 99% of the time, Komarov is effective when he gets a chance to play and Hamilton is our best option as a call-up outside of the main guys (unless you want to give Mac or McLaren another go)

skacore is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:51 PM
  #3
Duke Silver
Truce?
 
Duke Silver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: St. John's, NL
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,963
vCash: 450
Komarov played very well tonight and Hamilton was a major (unheralded) difference maker in Game 2.

Let's not sink the ship after it's sprung a leak. Fix the leak.

Duke Silver is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 10:58 PM
  #4
ITM
Registered User
 
ITM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 951
vCash: 500
Komarov and Bozak haven't done anything to merit being replaced. I don't like the overall result, but their play has been effective at times.


Komarov I think has been much more effective than he's being rewarded for. And maybe I'm trying to see the best of him, but he seems to possess underated puck possession skills.

I'd insert McLaren for Orr, on skating and skill alone while obviously not compromising in the toughness department.

Colborne is an interesting proposition simply because it's a player chomping at the bit to prove the team that traded him away, wrong. And on the fourth line, we would actually be employing a second center. But as a replacement for Bozak who had to deal with schizophrenic linesmen and a championship's team's best lines? Not a chance. I saw some real improvement in Bozak tonight. Some unusual grit to his game. If I'm Carlyle, I'm building on that.

ITM is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:00 PM
  #5
Didact
Nonis lost his mind
 
Didact's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,339
vCash: 500
it's not like Bozak is going against the #1 faceoff team in the league.

Didact is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:02 PM
  #6
Zyzz
Registered User
 
Zyzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: GTA
Country: Canada
Posts: 262
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Didact View Post
it's not like Bozak is going against the #1 faceoff team in the league.
And being thrown out by the linesmen half the time he takes a draw.

Zyzz is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:02 PM
  #7
jmart21
MISC!!!
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: All Over The Place
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,864
vCash: 500
The sky is falling!!!!

jmart21 is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:48 PM
  #8
OptimusForever
#teambernier
 
OptimusForever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Victoria, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,481
vCash: 50
Hamilton out macA in, maybe we woke him up by sitting him. And I think we still need to be faster on D. Liles in, Fraser or o'byrne out.

OptimusForever is offline  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:51 PM
  #9
Stephen
Registered User
 
Stephen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 31,644
vCash: 500
Since Hamilton is an AHL call up, I think he's probably more effective when he's rotated in on occasion. You want him fresh and providing a ton of energy and aggression, but not so much with a bit of job security.

Stephen is online now  
Old
05-06-2013, 11:57 PM
  #10
nuck
Axis of Evil
 
nuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Country: North Korea
Posts: 5,015
vCash: 500
A strong enough lineup to generate 47 shots should win 4 nights out of 5.

nuck is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 12:00 AM
  #11
mapleleaf979
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,614
vCash: 500
Id give Komarov more mintues, NO WAY Id sit him. He was one of the best Leafs in the first period. MCClement was horrible tonight. Grabo and Kulemin didnt show up. Nazem is not being himself, not sure whats is wrong. O'Bryne was sleeping most of the night. Half the team was brutal. Gardiner was strong, Kessel was good. Bozak was Horrid.

mapleleaf979 is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 12:02 AM
  #12
FLASH905
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 52
vCash: 500
Bozak, the one player other than JVR who's been bringing it every game. Wtf man

FLASH905 is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 12:07 AM
  #13
mikeo1
Registered User
 
mikeo1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,469
vCash: 500
Sorry, I don't think that replacing your top centre with an AHL callup is a smart idea in the middle of a series. Its a fantastically stupid idea.

mikeo1 is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 12:15 AM
  #14
CincoHolio
Tears of AGONY!
 
CincoHolio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 135
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
This line-up has some jam or not enough jam and needs it.

Bozak (the face off specialist) won 12 lost 17 and is playing small and slow. The time for Colborne in the 2 slot is now and Bozak needs to sit.No matter what his previous accomplishments have been.He is ineffective in this series and he is not winning faceoffs.

Hamilton is not effective and i would have much preferred to see him called up earlier in the season. We need more speed and grit than he can provide it seems. Taking him out would/should be a easy call.

Komarov's ineffectiveness got him 7 minutes tonight and i would rather give them 7 minutes to McLaren for intangibles Leo can't bring to this series.The bruins have been told to basically ignore him and take the hits he dishes. He is ineffective.

I would think Colborne would really like to succeed against his old team if Carlyle were to insert him in the line-up in Bozaks place or second line.Bozak is playing very stupid play-off hockey with a lack of grit that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Colborne big body center in for Bozak.

Greg Scott speedy fiesty energy winger with a right handed shot in for Hamilton.

McLaren in for Komorov to add a banger with some better instigating intangibles for leo.

We need to shake it up and stir the pot some in the next game and in the same breath remain disciplined while instigating.The energy is in the changes i proposed,with some possible added scoring punch,some pure punch(mclaren) and maybe a motivational pat on the back that will lead to some more offensive zone time.

It needs to be done even if it seems drastic.
not sure if serious?

CincoHolio is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 01:01 AM
  #15
Alexanderthe89
Registered User
 
Alexanderthe89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 431
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ITM View Post
Komarov and Bozak haven't done anything to merit being replaced. I don't like the overall result, but their play has been effective at times.


Komarov I think has been much more effective than he's being rewarded for. And maybe I'm trying to see the best of him, but he seems to possess underated puck possession skills.

I'd insert McLaren for Orr, on skating and skill alone while obviously not compromising in the toughness department.

Colborne is an interesting proposition simply because it's a player chomping at the bit to prove the team that traded him away, wrong. And on the fourth line, we would actually be employing a second center. But as a replacement for Bozak who had to deal with schizophrenic linesmen and a championship's team's best lines? Not a chance. I saw some real improvement in Bozak tonight. Some unusual grit to his game. If I'm Carlyle, I'm building on that.
Noticed this too, he's been making an extra effort to finish his checks. Wouldn't mind seeing him make this a more consistent element of his game.

Alexanderthe89 is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 02:37 AM
  #16
sept89
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by leafspring View Post
This line-up has some jam or not enough jam and needs it.

Bozak (the face off specialist) won 12 lost 17 and is playing small and slow. The time for Colborne in the 2 slot is now and Bozak needs to sit.No matter what his previous accomplishments have been.He is ineffective in this series and he is not winning faceoffs.

Hamilton is not effective and i would have much preferred to see him called up earlier in the season. We need more speed and grit than he can provide it seems. Taking him out would/should be a easy call.

Komarov's ineffectiveness got him 7 minutes tonight and i would rather give them 7 minutes to McLaren for intangibles Leo can't bring to this series.The bruins have been told to basically ignore him and take the hits he dishes. He is ineffective.

I would think Colborne would really like to succeed against his old team if Carlyle were to insert him in the line-up in Bozaks place or second line.Bozak is playing very stupid play-off hockey with a lack of grit that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Colborne big body center in for Bozak.

Greg Scott speedy fiesty energy winger with a right handed shot in for Hamilton.

McLaren in for Komorov to add a banger with some better instigating intangibles for leo.

We need to shake it up and stir the pot some in the next game and in the same breath remain disciplined while instigating.The energy is in the changes i proposed,with some possible added scoring punch,some pure punch(mclaren) and maybe a motivational pat on the back that will lead to some more offensive zone time.

It needs to be done even if it seems drastic.
colborne's a joke.

sept89 is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 02:40 AM
  #17
sept89
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 106
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincoHolio View Post
not sure if serious?
Why? McLaren has pretty decent hockey IQ, big body to crash the net, and can lay all the damage colton orr can't. I don't get the fascination with Komarov, he's a slow skater, small and is not very noticeable.

sept89 is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 05:28 AM
  #18
agropop
Registered User
 
agropop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Windsor
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,314
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeo1 View Post
Sorry, I don't think that replacing your top centre with an AHL callup is a smart idea in the middle of a series. Its a fantastically stupid idea.
Understated.

agropop is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 06:59 AM
  #19
indigobuffalo
Portage and Main
 
indigobuffalo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Winnipeg MB
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,926
vCash: 500
I have to wonder if people who post here actually watch the games and have any understanding of hockey...

Bozak's issues on the faceoff dot are due to failed refs taking the game over. Total BS. Otherwise he's playing better than one could hope.

Hamilton? Meh, could go with anyone of the press box but he's not disappointing and the others in the press box were.

indigobuffalo is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 07:02 AM
  #20
iPunch
Leafs Fan
 
iPunch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 23,455
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by sept89 View Post
colborne's a joke.
I often wonder what people see in him. I see a third line center at best... in around two years.

iPunch is online now  
Old
05-07-2013, 07:49 AM
  #21
Aplayaz2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,449
vCash: 500
sure lets replace Bozak the #1 center

Aplayaz2000 is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 07:53 AM
  #22
Logic
Registered User
 
Logic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: P.E.I.
Country: Canada
Posts: 307
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzz View Post
And being thrown out by the linesmen half the time he takes a draw.
I think this had a big effect on Bozak's draws tonight, he was probably more cautious when taking draws later in the game as he didn't want to get kicked out

Logic is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 07:54 AM
  #23
blasted_Sabre
Global Moderator
Warden of the North
 
blasted_Sabre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Muskoka
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,784
vCash: 500
Bozak and Komarov are fine. Hamilton could be replaced, wouldnt hurt my feelings. He tries hard, just doesnt have the extra gear to make him an effective NHLer

blasted_Sabre is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 07:55 AM
  #24
N4Z3M LUPUL
Registered User
 
N4Z3M LUPUL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Welland, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 958
vCash: 500
this threads a joke

/thread.

N4Z3M LUPUL is offline  
Old
05-07-2013, 08:03 AM
  #25
ACC1224
Steelers 1 - 1
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 28,325
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blasted_Sabre View Post
Bozak and Komarov are fine. Hamilton could be replaced, wouldnt hurt my feelings. He tries hard, just doesnt have the extra gear to make him an effective NHLer
Agreed, he is a very poor skater.

As for replacing Bozak & Komarov,

ACC1224 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:05 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.