Notices

David "French Fries" Krejci

Old
06-25-2013, 10:18 AM
LyndonByers

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patty59 View Post
He's gotta be one of the most underrated/under-appreciated players on the team.
Easily. I would add throughout the league.

However, I am sure CJ & Chia think highly of him. How can you not? The guy is also a bargain at 5.2 million.

LyndonByers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:32 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoz View Post
You crying again? Cause I didn't ballwash him enough, said he was sloppy in the finals.

"Life just isn't fair, Kaoz doesn't support every word I say!"

Again, Krejci was incredible in the playoffs. Found another level for the first 4 series, didn't maintain that level in the finals. Agree or disagree? Or would you just rather a can of "shut the hell up".
I agree that he found another level for the first 4 series....since there are only 4. BTW, Krejci, 5 points in the finals and assisted on all but 1 of Lucic's goals. btw it's asinine to make up a fake quote to try and support your claim that i'm "crying". I couldn't care less if you agree with me, but coming in here to post that Lucic outplayed Krejci in the finals as soon as you see this thread bumped is borderline trolling.

Last edited by RussellmaniaKW: 06-25-2013 at 10:38 AM.
RussellmaniaKW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:42 AM
Kaoz
Ima Krejciist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
I agree that he found another level for the first 4 series.
Hah, sneaky sneaky! Typo, I meant first 3 series, hopefully we allow backsies in this incredibly adult back and forth, though I won't be totally surprised if you squash that.

Krejci was great in the first series against Toronto, Incredible in the series' against NYR and Pittsburgh, and OK in the finals. Chicago exposed that line defensively though, especially in the final two games imo. Guy couldn't win a faceoff, and it got to the point where Julien was making Lucic lineup in the middle, are are we just glazing over that? Kind of have a sore spot he didn't clear that puck out on the Bickell tying goal last night as well, but I have to admit all the same he went to a place I never thought he'd get. I won't be pushing the idea of trading him this offseason, and not at all if he can continue the play we saw this playoffs. My issue to date with the guy is that you see him go from great to horrible throughout the season, but I'd be more then OK with him if he went back and forth from great to good as he did in these playoffs instead.

And you would think someone thinking something different then you would be trolling. It's a message board, people have different opinions, I can support mine.

To your point though, he should have produced more in the finals. 5 assists is just 1 more then the 21 year old kid everyone is tearing apart in the other thread, and Krejci had on average nearly 10 more minutes a night in TOI playing with Boston's two best wingers. And don't give me "but Krejci had to play against Keith", everyone played against Keith including Seguin, that guy had 30+ minutes a night.

Last edited by Kaoz: 06-25-2013 at 10:49 AM.
Kaoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 11:59 AM
GoBs

Krejci for Ryan Kesler

GoBs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 05:52 PM
reffree

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
Krejci was fine but seemed more focused on being a physical player than a star this round. Horton game 1 injury killed that line. Damn Iginla
Yep, at time he tried a little too much to be physical, was the most physical Bruins foward outside of Lucic in the final, it was a nice try but being Bruins most dangerous player it should not have been is role, but he's a competitor ... Still think he played an incredible 6th game. He was controling the play and look really hard to stop in the neutral zone even with alot of hawks arround him. Also, it was easy to see how much Julien counted on him, he played ALOT. Agree it make it really hard on him and Looch when Horton got hurt, 2nd game and on, they still were the most consistent and dangerous Bruins line but were no more "out of this league".

There's no doubt in my mind this guy is the next "A" if Kelly or Ference are gone this offseason. Unknowlegeable fans might not like him, but the team sure as hell love him.

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:04 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Quote:
Krejci was fine but seemed more focused on being a physical player than a star this round. Horton game 1 injury killed that line. Damn Iginla
Wasn't it Horton who challenged Iginla to the fight? And a pretty lame fight it was. We have to face it that Horton isn't shatter-proof.

MoreOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 06:59 PM
Jdrewc

Say what you will about this guy, I said it before and say it again, Krecji in my book is the man and love how humble he is. Crosby a whining,sniveling, you owe it to me attitude would drive me crazy. He may win games but his character sucks. That is one of the best qualities of Krecji as well as most of the Bruins players, selfless team players willing to do what needs to be done every night. Maybe he doesn't put up 3 point nights every night but when he's on he's on.

Jdrewc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 07:36 PM
MoreOrr
B4

Absolutely, Krejci, like Bergeron, is a class act and I'm proud to have him on the Bruins. Sure, perhaps he thinks the Regular Season a a bit boring, but he helps get the Bruins to the Playoffs and from there on he gives all he's got, and it's no shabby skill that he has when he's in Playoff mode.

MoreOrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-25-2013, 10:30 PM
Bone for your jar

Quote:
I love the fact that we can now criticize Krejci for being too much into the physical stuff.

Re Iginla: good point. So it turns out his biggest impact on the 2013 postseason was a fight during the regular season, and ended up helping Chicago rather than Pittsburgh.

Bone for your jar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 02:46 PM
Bergeron Knows Best

Found this really awesome highlight video of Krejci while surfing the tube, guy has amazing hands

Bergeron Knows Best is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
07-19-2013, 04:00 PM
KrejciMVP

Time for another one of those 8 year deals at the end of next season

KrejciMVP is offline   Reply With Quote