Closed Thread

Old
12-10-2013, 03:27 PM
Torts

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuillaumeLetsundress View Post
where has day been?
Hurt his shoulder last friday's game. Looked really bad when he came back out for a couple shifts. Hope he gets back soon.

Old
12-11-2013, 07:34 PM
stormfanone

Erie 6 Steelheads 1 first period not even over. How can you be that bad. What has your GM not made some trades for the further. What is he doing come on.

Old
12-11-2013, 09:17 PM
Duke Guy

Of the 18 skaters tonight only Jacob Jammes wasn't a minus.

Old
12-11-2013, 11:28 PM
NHL Fanatic

This team has no excuse for its sub par, lackluster play of late, but this result was kind of expected. Not much you can do with 13 rookies slotted on the roster. Trade deadline is approaching, and teams are interested in the rentals, may as well pursue it and let the rookies develop.

Old
12-11-2013, 11:39 PM
ottergolfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfanone View Post
Erie 6 Steelheads 1 first period not even over. How can you be that bad. What has your GM not made some trades for the further. What is he doing come on.
your goalie was left out to dry in the first and second after the switch the Otters held back and played the third and forth lines with the top 6 getting sparing minutes

The otters passing had the goalie so out of position on a couple goals that the shooter had a wide open net .
a couple beat him clean over the glove that maybe he should have had but then he did make a couple great saves point blank.

after the long slow bus ride the bus legs were evident and the Otters came out flying the steelheads were not .

hope they make it back home safe....roads were worse than bad ...
otters vs steelheads done for this year best of luck the rest of the season

Old
12-12-2013, 08:50 PM
Steel Toe

Fragile...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHL Fanatic View Post
This team has no excuse for its sub par, lackluster play of late, but this result was kind of expected. Not much you can do with 13 rookies slotted on the roster. Trade deadline is approaching, and teams are interested in the rentals, may as well pursue it and let the rookies develop.
This team is playing so fragile lately its not funny. They need a Win very soon , to help calm the waters and build some momentum from there. They need better goaltending or this team has no chance. Too many soft goals are going in. That game against North Bay last weekend when the Steelheads fought back to tie the game at 2-2 and dominated the 3rd , they ended up losing on a weak goal from top of circle with a minute left. These are games they should of won or at the very least get a point. This sucks the life out of a struggling team even more. Not blaming all on goal tending , team overall needs to be better.

Regarding trading players, it's a must ! Carrick will be dealt and Smosks as well. There value should be pretty high u would think .

When is Day returning ?

Old
12-13-2013, 03:36 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Toe View Post
This team is playing so fragile lately its not funny. They need a Win very soon , to help calm the waters and build some momentum from there. They need better goaltending or this team has no chance. Too many soft goals are going in. That game against North Bay last weekend when the Steelheads fought back to tie the game at 2-2 and dominated the 3rd , they ended up losing on a weak goal from top of circle with a minute left. These are games they should of won or at the very least get a point. This sucks the life out of a struggling team even more. Not blaming all on goal tending , team overall needs to be better.

Regarding trading players, it's a must ! Carrick will be dealt and Smosks as well. There value should be pretty high u would think .

When is Day returning ?
Value is high when there is demand. Is there a demand? Could have got a ransom for Carrick. Who still needs a great d-man and goal scoring OA? Please come forward.

Old
12-13-2013, 10:06 PM
NHL Fanatic

Bassin was at the game tonight. Will be up to Boyd whether he wants to pull the trigger. I know any team in the West would not mind adding a vet D-man in Carrick.

Old
12-14-2013, 07:47 AM
mouse 29

Quote:
Bassin was at the game tonight. Will be up to Boyd whether he wants to pull the trigger. I know any team in the West would not mind adding a vet D-man in Carrick.
Are you sure he was looking at Missy? Just saying!

Old
12-15-2013, 01:46 AM
NHL Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse 29 View Post
Are you sure he was looking at Missy? Just saying!
Obviously as a GM your job is to always be at games trying to make your team better, scouting players constantly. An Erie team with continuous chatter of trying to improve the defense core, Carrick just makes sense. He was on the broadcast saying their were interesting players to watch when talking about the Steelheads.

Old
12-15-2013, 10:48 AM
Torts

Quote:
Obviously as a GM your job is to always be at games trying to make your team better, scouting players constantly. An Erie team with continuous chatter of trying to improve the defense core, Carrick just makes sense. He was on the broadcast saying their were interesting players to watch when talking about the Steelheads.
Honestly, If its not Carrick ++ for Strome and a pick I'm not sure I wanna do that. Other than Strome not much else on the Otters intices me.

Old
12-15-2013, 10:59 AM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

vCash: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torts View Post
Honestly, If its not Carrick ++ for Strome and a pick I'm not sure I wanna do that. Other than Strome not much else on the Otters intices me.
thats not happening

Old
12-15-2013, 04:09 PM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
thats not happening
I just believe packages from other teams with more dynamic/attractive 96's would be more suitable for us. Now if we just trade him for picks I don't really care where he goes.

Old
12-15-2013, 04:22 PM
ErieOttersNews
#NewEra

vCash: 200
Quote:
I just believe packages from other teams with more dynamic/attractive 96's would be more suitable for us. Now if we just trade him for picks I don't really care where he goes.
And where would that be that are buyers? Only '96 born players on Guelph/London that are more attractive than what Erie has would be Fabbri (no way hes getting traded) and Dvorak (no way hes getting traded). You could make the argument for Herbst as well on London but I doubt they trade him.

Erie could probably grab Carrick for a couple high picks anyways.

Old
12-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by erieottersnews View Post
And where would that be that are buyers? Only '96 born players on Guelph/London that are more attractive than what Erie has would be Fabbri (no way hes getting traded) and Dvorak (no way hes getting traded). You could make the argument for Herbst as well on London but I doubt they trade him.

Erie could probably grab Carrick for a couple high picks anyways.
High 96's I could work with. Maybe even one of Hodgson, Petit or Felker.

I was figuring maybe SSM or Kingston would have more to give than just picks. Herbst and Centorame from London wouldn't be a package I dislike.

Old
12-19-2013, 08:48 AM
mouse 29

Just wondering with Carrick signing his ELC, does this now increase his value in any trade talks????

Old
12-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by mouse 29 View Post
Just wondering with Carrick signing his ELC, does this now increase his value in any trade talks????
Not traded yet. Maybe won't.

Old
12-29-2013, 11:33 AM
Torts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvtowatch View Post
Not traded yet. Maybe won't.
Great. That makes Carrick, Percy, DeMelo, Brace for nothing when they don't come back.

Just ridiculous.

Old
12-29-2013, 11:26 PM
Racer14
Always Watching

Quote:
Great. That makes Carrick, Percy, DeMelo, Brace for nothing when they don't come back.

Just ridiculous.
Tons of time man! I know the ask for Martin is a first round 97...I assume the ask for Carrick is very similar, these deals cant be made until jan 3rd if it involves a 97 anyway.

Old
12-30-2013, 09:38 AM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer14 View Post
Tons of time man! I know the ask for Martin is a first round 97...I assume the ask for Carrick is very similar, these deals cant be made until jan 3rd if it involves a 97 anyway.
How can they trade Martin? He will be back next year. The Trout don't even have a decent backup goalie so how can you trade your guy who plays every game?

Old
12-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Torts

Quote:
How can they trade Martin? He will be back next year. The Trout don't even have a decent backup goalie so how can you trade your guy who plays every game?
IMO the year we are looking at to contend is the 98 draft year. Martin probably wont be in the fold then as 95's will be OA's. If they can trade Carrick and Marting for picks and young 96's or 97's I completely back it.

Old
12-30-2013, 12:20 PM
Luvtowatch

Quote:
IMO the year we are looking at to contend is the 98 draft year. Martin probably wont be in the fold then as 95's will be OA's. If they can trade Carrick and Marting for picks and young 96's or 97's I completely back it.
I think they should trade Carrick but not Martin. The team will be fine next year with Martin, solid young guys who will be a year older.

Old
12-30-2013, 02:50 PM
Elever
Hth

If the asking price for Martin is just a 1st rounder (probably not a high one) then that to me confirms that he's one of the most underrated players in the league.

Old
12-31-2013, 05:00 PM
Elever
Hth

I'm not sure why Boyd didn't bother to pull Martin until like 45 seconds left in the game when Steelheads had most of puck posession at the end with Kingston barely fore-checking...he should've pulled him by 1:30.

Anyways, fun game with a lot of shots and that Sam Benett kid is good but he's really undisciplined lol. I felt the Frontenacs got away with some stuff and dove to get a couple calls especially the hook that led to the winner, could've gone a different way on another night.

Old
01-01-2014, 12:39 AM
Racer14
Always Watching

Quote:
I know he was offered to two teams for their 1st rounder last year...both were high picks...you can figure out who the teams were that said no thanks...

Closed Thread