HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-04-2013, 04:27 PM
  #376
westernhome
Registered User
 
westernhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Jagr wearing the ranger jacket after the game


westernhome is offline  
Old
06-04-2013, 04:35 PM
  #377
bruins309
Krejci Fight Club
 
bruins309's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Country: Iceland
Posts: 4,616
vCash: 500
I must be the only person on earth who doesn't think Jagr was awful in Washington from 01-03. The guy had the most points per game in the NHL in 01-02. That Washington team was crumbling around him and was getting old.

bruins309 is offline  
Old
06-04-2013, 08:57 PM
  #378
missingchicklet
Registered User
 
missingchicklet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,645
vCash: 500
Great discussion during intermission of the Western Finals of Jagr's contributions during the playoffs -- having a positive impact even if the goals aren't coming.

missingchicklet is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 05:24 AM
  #379
gillesgilbert
Registered User
 
gillesgilbert's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Cape Breton
Posts: 5,732
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nose Face Killah View Post
Jagr is more of an assists guy than a goals guy. But it would be nice to see a salute in Boston. He got 2 assists tonight though. He's doing a good job even at 41 years old.
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
Jagr has been quietly changing momentum in the Bruins favor this whole playoffs, he takes the puck and slows the game down at the right time often, he is super calm and cool with it even when the rest of the team has bits of anxiousness he always seems cool out there
That is true but he needs to move the puck quicker than he has been,we saw the results last game when he started doing it.I thought prior to the last game, Jagr was trying to play like he was 25 and was not effective. Jagr can still protect the puck longer than 75 percent of the players in the game, he just can't do it as long as he once did.It looks like he is making the adjustment and he should be a big help from here on out.

gillesgilbert is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 06:05 AM
  #380
j44thor
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 160
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruins011110 View Post
I didn't think Jagr was "Jacket" good tonight, but apparently his teammates see it different. How does Marchand not get it? He took the life out of Pittsburgh in the very first shift, and then responds with a goal in the last 10 seconds to kill the momentum Pittsburgh was getting.
Prob because Marchy also took what could have been a stupid killer penalty and Jagr was actually the one that went over to him to talk about it. That and not many people truck Orpik period. When that person is Jagr and it leads directly to a goal how can you not be impressed.

j44thor is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 01:23 PM
  #381
bruins repeat time
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: burlington ont canad
Posts: 2,003
vCash: 500
I don't think we should start caring which guy gets the jacket. Marchy was great jags was great and so were a dozen other guys. Lets just enjoy the wins and not debate who gets the jacket.

bruins repeat time is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 01:28 PM
  #382
RussellmaniaKW
Registered User
 
RussellmaniaKW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 9,144
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruins repeat time View Post
I don't think we should start caring which guy gets the jacket. Marchy was great jags was great and so were a dozen other guys. Lets just enjoy the wins and not debate who gets the jacket.
Agreed. Besides we as fans really have no idea what the real criteria is for deciding who gets it. It's a personal thing that the team decides and it's wrong to presume that it simply equates to "number 1 star of the game".

RussellmaniaKW is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 01:58 PM
  #383
missingchicklet
Registered User
 
missingchicklet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,645
vCash: 500
The jacket deal is probably an appreciation thing for what Jagr is not only doing on the ice but off the ice. He seems to have no problem getting in guys' ears and giving helpful advice. Could also be a morale building type thing. People can say what they want about Jagr, but since he's been here the Bruins have played good hockey and I think he has been a good overall force for the team even if he's not getting goals.

missingchicklet is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 02:26 PM
  #384
Scotto74
taking a break
 
Scotto74's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Kingston, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 20,792
vCash: 500
I think it's good for the Bruins to have given him the Jacket. While he was not the best of the game I think it goes a long ways to making Jagr feel more like part of the team and appreciated by the other guys.

I love how this team is built and how they care about being a team.

also maybe this will help Jagr get more comfortable and get him to do even better on the ice. It's a win win.

__________________
Love the city, hate the Hab™


BOSTON STRONG!!!
Scotto74 is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 06:13 PM
  #385
Dennis Bonvie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 12,229
vCash: 500
Has there ever been more positive posts about a top line player who hasn't scored in 14 playoff games?

Dennis Bonvie is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 11:18 PM
  #386
westernhome
Registered User
 
westernhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,219
vCash: 500
Jagr makes a big difference, we are soooo lucky we got him

westernhome is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 11:23 PM
  #387
Moose Of Woe
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 22
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
Has there ever been more positive posts about a top line player who hasn't scored in 14 playoff games?
He did a great job fighting to get back that puck at the end. He's slow as molasses and can't buy a goal, but he helps everyone around him with pure effort.

Moose Of Woe is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 11:27 PM
  #388
GloveSave1
*** 15 ***
 
GloveSave1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: N.Windham, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 7,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
Jagr makes a big difference, we are soooo lucky we got him
Pretty awesome. Felt great for 68.

Must feel awesome to take it away from Malkin and set up the big winner...

...and really stick to the Pens! Haha

GloveSave1 is offline  
Old
06-05-2013, 11:30 PM
  #389
missingchicklet
Registered User
 
missingchicklet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 19,645
vCash: 500
You know Jagr is loving this series and Pens fans are even more irate that Jagr is on the winning end.

missingchicklet is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 12:37 AM
  #390
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,126
vCash: 500
He's brought so much more to the team than I realized he would. Imagine if he was scoring goals on top of this too? I'm happy to see him play well, he trains so hard and is so committed to the game.

N o o d l e s is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 01:08 AM
  #391
GloveSave1
*** 15 ***
 
GloveSave1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: N.Windham, CT
Country: United States
Posts: 7,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by N o o d l e s View Post
He's brought so much more to the team than I realized he would. Imagine if he was scoring goals on top of this too? I'm happy to see him play well, he trains so hard and is so committed to the game.
He needs to bury one (or more) against the Pens so we can see The Salute.

That would be priceless.

GloveSave1 is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 01:09 AM
  #392
vjcsmoke
Registered User
 
vjcsmoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 1,067
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotto74 View Post
I think it's good for the Bruins to have given him the Jacket. While he was not the best of the game I think it goes a long ways to making Jagr feel more like part of the team and appreciated by the other guys.

I love how this team is built and how they care about being a team.

also maybe this will help Jagr get more comfortable and get him to do even better on the ice. It's a win win.
Agreed.

And call me selfish but I would LOVE to see Jagr send his former team packing in Game 4 with a Game-winning goal!! Would be an awesome time to finally see the salute, and on home ice to boot!

vjcsmoke is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 01:19 AM
  #393
13Hockey
Go B's
 
13Hockey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Medford, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,824
vCash: 500
Jagr created all our scoring chances in over time pretty much

2 great games in a row

Oh and

Jagr 3points +3
Iginla 0 points -3

13Hockey is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 01:29 AM
  #394
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 5,126
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GloveSave1 View Post
He needs to bury one (or more) against the Pens so we can see The Salute.

That would be priceless.
I need a salute, badly.

N o o d l e s is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 01:37 AM
  #395
corpfan1
Registered User
 
corpfan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Etobicoke
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,728
vCash: 500
Another 1/2 shot of the JagrMeister tonight...

Still waiting for the double shot for the goal and salute...do I really have to wait til Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals in OT???


corpfan1 is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 02:08 AM
  #396
takanoyama
Registered User
 
takanoyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
2nd goal was because risky play instead of safe play by Jagr - it made the difference. When he turned back (to avoid off-side call and maintain the puck possession instead of just putting the puck in the O-zone) and lost the puck I hid my head in my hands and said "Why Jaromir...". I watched the game without sound not to wake up my wife and child (from 02:00 to 06:00 a.m.). After short moment I watched the game again and what a surprise - Marchand was going forward..... the rest is well known.

It is Jagrīs nature to play risky sometimes when the others have not courage enough. Sure it was lucky moment for Bruins, but when he didnīt play that way maybe the game would end in the 4th OT for PIT.

Jagr was dangerous in the 2nd OT

great pass to Krejci - breakaway with Seguin - goal pass.

I guess everybody else on the ice has lost his speed except for him

Jagr - Iginla 3:0 now and I donīt mean the games results.

takanoyama is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 04:23 AM
  #397
Madik77
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 283
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takanoyama View Post
2nd goal was because risky play instead of safe play by Jagr - it made the difference. When he turned back (to avoid off-side call and maintain the puck possession instead of just putting the puck in the O-zone) and lost the puck I hid my head in my hands and said "Why Jaromir...". I watched the game without sound not to wake up my wife and child (from 02:00 to 06:00 a.m.). After short moment I watched the game again and what a surprise - Marchand was going forward..... the rest is well known.

It is Jagrīs nature to play risky sometimes when the others have not courage enough. Sure it was lucky moment for Bruins, but when he didnīt play that way maybe the game would end in the 4th OT for PIT.

Jagr was dangerous in the 2nd OT

great pass to Krejci - breakaway with Seguin - goal pass.

I guess everybody else on the ice has lost his speed except for him

Jagr - Iginla 3:0 now and I donīt mean the games results.

Well, this is Jags great advantage! He canīt lose speed because he doesnīt have any speed anymore

Jagr was quite bad in regular time but very good in overtime. I hope he is going to finish Pens on Friday with goal and salute. Then, Pens fans will burn his house there. I think he still has one there.

Madik77 is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 05:30 AM
  #398
takanoyama
Registered User
 
takanoyama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 86
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madik77 View Post
Well, this is Jags great advantage! He canīt lose speed because he doesnīt have any speed anymore

Jagr was quite bad in regular time but very good in overtime. I hope he is going to finish Pens on Friday with goal and salute. Then, Pens fans will burn his house there. I think he still has one there.
It looks now he is loosing his last small chance to have #68 jersey anywhere under the roof. Playing too short time in any other team than Pittsburgh for it and nowadays many Pittsburgh fans would prefer to hang him alone instead of his jersey.

takanoyama is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 06:12 AM
  #399
Plowevelski
wuts this SCF thing?
 
Plowevelski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: BASED PETE DaBoAR
Country: Madagascar
Posts: 1,453
vCash: 500
Jagr was in major beast mode on that final shift of the game. Nice defensive effort against Lurch there. I hope he raises the cup one more time.

Good luck on closing out this series ASAP and then crushing whoever comes out of the west. I'm never gonna get my SJ/BOS final. Meh. I'm glad there's one team left I can root for.

Plowevelski is offline  
Old
06-06-2013, 07:48 AM
  #400
Killerbeez
Registered User
 
Killerbeez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ellsworth, Maine
Country: United States
Posts: 2,003
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takanoyama View Post
It looks now he is loosing his last small chance to have #68 jersey anywhere under the roof. Playing too short time in any other team than Pittsburgh for it and nowadays many Pittsburgh fans would prefer to hang him alone instead of his jersey.
If the Pittsburgh fans and team don't acknowledge what he did for them because of this then they deserve more contempt than I already thought they should get. The man carried them to one cup and influenced another. No way that a first ballot HOF player shouldn't make your rafters after contributing that much to your team. Once he stops playing, it should be a lock. If he played in Colorado with that resume they'd have named a street after him already.

Killerbeez is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:24 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. Đ2017 All Rights Reserved.