Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr

Closed Thread

Old
06-08-2013, 01:52 PM
RussellmaniaKW

vCash: 500
can we talk about how awesome Jagr was in game 4? Seeing him out there defending the lead in the last minute says so much about how much of a team guy he has become and how much Julien trusts him. Nothing about his play in that final minute was pretty, but he was playing his heart out there and it was really awesome to see.

I really wish we could afford to keep him around after this year. He tends to expect to get paid fair market value so it's likely he won't take a huge discount to stay but it would be really great if he'd be willing to stay for like a million bucks or something.

Old
06-08-2013, 02:17 PM
sooshii
SISU

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
Claude summed it up with his praise of Jagr. He has changed his game for the benefit of the team and its recognized. Jagr has come in and taken that Recchi role of a veteran player who has been there and sets an example for the younger players.
Gotta wonder how much of Krejci's success has been nurtured by having Jagr on the team.

Quote:
“He was the biggest Czech guy in the NHL, and he still is,” says Krejci. “As young kids, everybody wanted to be just like him. I just can’t say enough about this guy — he’s been great. I’ve been watching him since I was a little kid. [At home] he is basically a god. He’s the most famous person in Czech. You look at the newspapers, you look at the Internet, he’s always there. He’s the number one guy in Czech.”
More power to him for finding his niche.

Old
06-08-2013, 03:02 PM
rocketdan9

That dive on top of Dupuis and Seidenberg to try to prevent a goal was epic. Never seen Jagr do that before.

Do we bring him back for another year??? 3-4 million?

Old
06-08-2013, 03:49 PM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

For all those that have been waiting to see it:

Old
06-08-2013, 06:49 PM
jagrgodr

I would guess he needs to make atleast 2.5 million, probably looking at about 3.5 to 4. Flyers 3.3million contract was a "feeler" contract to see what his worth is, 4.5 million for Dallas, so i would guess he can make 3.5 to 4 million next year on some team. Remember that he owns his Czech team and needs to make money to put into that team. That team loses money so while Jagr is healthy i would be willing to bet he is trying to make as much money as possible to fund his team. LOL i'm not his agent, i'm just a super jagr fan and guessing here.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:54 PM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
I would guess he needs to make atleast 2.5 million, probably looking at about 3.5 to 4. Flyers 3.3million contract was a "feeler" contract to see what his worth is, 4.5 million for Dallas, so i would guess he can make 3.5 to 4 million next year on some team. Remember that he owns his Czech team and needs to make money to put into that team. That team loses money so while Jagr is healthy i would be willing to bet he is trying to make as much money as possible to fund his team. LOL i'm not his agent, i'm just a super jagr fan and guessing here.
2.5 is probably doable... I dunno if Chia even makes that offer to Jagr. It seems way too low. I don't see Chia trying to lowball anyone.

If he's looking for $$$ he probably better off going back to Dallas or another middle of the road team that would pay him to help sell tickets, and mentor their young players.

I would love for Jags to stay another year, but I don't see it happening.

Old
06-08-2013, 07:36 PM
rocketdan9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
2.5 is probably doable... I dunno if Chia even makes that offer to Jagr. It seems way too low. I don't see Chia trying to lowball anyone.

If he's looking for $$$ he probably better off going back to Dallas or another middle of the road team that would pay him to help sell tickets, and mentor their young players.

I would love for Jags to stay another year, but I don't see it happening.
Jagr will give us a discount to stay. 3 Million his next and last year in the nhl.

After you play for a champ and a tight group like the Bruins, where else do you want to go??

Old
06-08-2013, 07:50 PM
mobileusa

Choosing the Pens instead of the Bruins - Iginla
Assist on Bruins only goal - Iginla
Last shot of the game and series - Iginla
Getting Yagr instead of Iginla......PRICELESS!

Old
06-08-2013, 08:14 PM
TCL40

I think Krejci has had a jump in his game since Jagr showed up-I imagine it is inspiring to play with your hockey hero.

I also really liked Jagr's post game interview-he looked excited and emotional at the prospect of playing for the cup again, but I also was impressed with his comments about the team and locker room-he has been in a lot of locker rooms over his career and I think his comments speak to the fact that the Bruins are an all in team concept and Jagr has gone all in with the team.

Old
06-08-2013, 08:44 PM
Czech Your Math

I wouldn't expect him to stay in Boston, esp. given their cap situation.

I think he's here for a good time, not a long time, so he, they and we should just enjoy the ride while it last.

Old
06-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Tim O'Reilly

Could not stand him when he was a Pen. I have to say we have a different Jagr now. This guy LOVES hockey. Loves to play, talk about it and compete. Really want to see him score in the finals so we can get a salute, at home. He's a team player and Cherry showed it last night on HNIC - when they were down 4-1 to the Leafs, he was on the bench and you could read his lips 'ITS NOT OVER'.

That is what a leader does. Beauty pick up Chia!

Old
06-08-2013, 09:00 PM
CelticDruidVZ7

He was on the ice for the final defensive stand

Old
06-08-2013, 09:38 PM
westernhome

would love to see Jagr stay, the example he sets and his play are worth every penny

Old
06-08-2013, 09:50 PM
rocketdan9

There is a clip when the leafs scored the 4th goal in game 7 , some players heads are down, but jagr looked pumped, and encouraging the guys to keep going

Old
06-08-2013, 10:17 PM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post
There is a clip when the leafs scored the 4th goal in game 7 , some players heads are down, but jagr looked pumped, and encouraging the guys to keep going
found it, pretty awesome. At :16 they show a tight shot of most of the bruins bench right after the 4th goal is scored and it the shot ends and zooms on Jagr shaking it off like it's just 1 goal down. What a boss.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:40 AM
King Sergei*

It's been 21 years since this famous goal against Chicago in the 92 SCFs.

Old
06-09-2013, 01:51 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sergei View Post
It's been 21 years since this famous goal against Chicago in the 92 SCFs.
I feel like he still thinks he can score goals like that

****, maybe (hopefully) he can

Old
06-09-2013, 02:27 AM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim O'Reilly View Post
Could not stand him when he was a Pen. I have to say we have a different Jagr now. This guy LOVES hockey. Loves to play, talk about it and compete. Really want to see him score in the finals so we can get a salute, at home. He's a team player and Cherry showed it last night on HNIC - when they were down 4-1 to the Leafs, he was on the bench and you could read his lips 'ITS NOT OVER'.

That is what a leader does. Beauty pick up Chia!
Any clip of this?. I just saw the Clip above. Wow.

Old
06-09-2013, 02:29 AM
Xegiie

you can clearly see he was 2 times faster than he is now

Old
06-09-2013, 03:14 AM
Greyhounds

Mark Recchi. He's an advisor for the Dallas Stars. You know. The team that traded him to Boston. I wonder if Recchi had a hand in Jagr getting here. Just wondering.

Old
06-09-2013, 06:09 AM
stranger86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
It should be noted that this dedication to working out is a relatively new thing for Jagr.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle12399422/
I am afraid it is not true. While Jagr may have change to become more of a team player his dedication to working out has been with him since the begining. Basicly the guy is doing nothing else with his time then either playing ice hockey or preparing for it.

You can read about it here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...n-the-gym.html

Old
06-09-2013, 06:11 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger86 View Post
I am afraid it is not true. While Jagr may have change to become more of a team player his dedication to working out has been with him since the begining. Basicly the guy is doing nothing else with his time then either playing ice hockey or preparing for it.

You can read about it here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...n-the-gym.html
yp he is working out HARD since he was very young, he also claims he saw it in pittsburgh what it takes to be best

Old
06-09-2013, 08:03 AM
sooshii
SISU

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
can we talk about how awesome Jagr was in game 4? Seeing him out there defending the lead in the last minute says so much about how much of a team guy he has become and how much Julien trusts him. Nothing about his play in that final minute was pretty, but he was playing his heart out there and it was really awesome to see.

I really wish we could afford to keep him around after this year. He tends to expect to get paid fair market value so it's likely he won't take a huge discount to stay but it would be really great if he'd be willing to stay for like a million bucks or something.
Can we talk about update your avatar already?

Old
06-09-2013, 09:20 AM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam View Post
Any clip of this?. I just saw the Clip above. Wow.
Yeah i am dying to see the clip of Cherry actually saying something nice about Jagr.

Found this interesting article about Jagr commenting on Malkin & Crosby not being able to score, he remembers how teams played him just like that.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...-crosby-malkin

Quote:
“They are great players. There is no question about it. It’s not easy when [you’re them] and everybody is waiting for you to do something. It’s like in basketball when you have a good guy, and you double team them. You let somebody else beat you. If you’re going to play against Lebron James you’re going to put two guys on him, and let somebody else beat you. Let the Bird Man (Chris Anderson) beat you. He’s pretty good, but that’s the way it is.”
later on in the article..

Quote:
“I just wish I could help this team a little more offensively, but a higher power is against that. So it’s tough to fight a god,” said Jagr. “Maybe something great is going to happen is going to happen in the Finals. I’m just doing the best I can do: playing defense and playing good along the boards. I’m trying my best.

“Sometimes it doesn’t go that way, but it would be an easy way if everybody got everything in life that they wanted. You’ve got to fight through the tough times.”

Old
06-09-2013, 09:23 AM
Afam*

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
Yeah i am dying to see the clip of Cherry actually saying something nice about Jagr.

Found this interesting article about Jagr commenting on Malkin & Crosby not being able to score, he remembers how teams played him just like that.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...-crosby-malkin

later on in the article..

Thanks for posting that. Maybe Jagr is saving all his goal scoring for the finals.

Closed Thread