HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Jagr

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-08-2013, 01:52 PM
  #426
RussellmaniaKW
Registered User
 
RussellmaniaKW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 6,995
vCash: 500
can we talk about how awesome Jagr was in game 4? Seeing him out there defending the lead in the last minute says so much about how much of a team guy he has become and how much Julien trusts him. Nothing about his play in that final minute was pretty, but he was playing his heart out there and it was really awesome to see.

I really wish we could afford to keep him around after this year. He tends to expect to get paid fair market value so it's likely he won't take a huge discount to stay but it would be really great if he'd be willing to stay for like a million bucks or something.

RussellmaniaKW is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 02:17 PM
  #427
sooshii
SISU
 
sooshii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philly burbs
Country: United States
Posts: 10,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjc View Post
Claude summed it up with his praise of Jagr. He has changed his game for the benefit of the team and its recognized. Jagr has come in and taken that Recchi role of a veteran player who has been there and sets an example for the younger players.
Gotta wonder how much of Krejci's success has been nurtured by having Jagr on the team.


Quote:
“He was the biggest Czech guy in the NHL, and he still is,” says Krejci. “As young kids, everybody wanted to be just like him. I just can’t say enough about this guy — he’s been great. I’ve been watching him since I was a little kid. [At home] he is basically a god. He’s the most famous person in Czech. You look at the newspapers, you look at the Internet, he’s always there. He’s the number one guy in Czech.”
More power to him for finding his niche.

sooshii is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 03:02 PM
  #428
rocketdan9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,332
vCash: 500
That dive on top of Dupuis and Seidenberg to try to prevent a goal was epic. Never seen Jagr do that before.

Do we bring him back for another year??? 3-4 million?

rocketdan9 is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 03:49 PM
  #429
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest
 
BostonBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,314
vCash: 500
For all those that have been waiting to see it:



BostonBob is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 06:49 PM
  #430
jagrgodr
Registered User
 
jagrgodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 500
I would guess he needs to make atleast 2.5 million, probably looking at about 3.5 to 4. Flyers 3.3million contract was a "feeler" contract to see what his worth is, 4.5 million for Dallas, so i would guess he can make 3.5 to 4 million next year on some team. Remember that he owns his Czech team and needs to make money to put into that team. That team loses money so while Jagr is healthy i would be willing to bet he is trying to make as much money as possible to fund his team. LOL i'm not his agent, i'm just a super jagr fan and guessing here.

jagrgodr is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 06:54 PM
  #431
Yeti34
Registered User
 
Yeti34's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Boston
Country: United States
Posts: 1,569
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
I would guess he needs to make atleast 2.5 million, probably looking at about 3.5 to 4. Flyers 3.3million contract was a "feeler" contract to see what his worth is, 4.5 million for Dallas, so i would guess he can make 3.5 to 4 million next year on some team. Remember that he owns his Czech team and needs to make money to put into that team. That team loses money so while Jagr is healthy i would be willing to bet he is trying to make as much money as possible to fund his team. LOL i'm not his agent, i'm just a super jagr fan and guessing here.
2.5 is probably doable... I dunno if Chia even makes that offer to Jagr. It seems way too low. I don't see Chia trying to lowball anyone.

If he's looking for $$$ he probably better off going back to Dallas or another middle of the road team that would pay him to help sell tickets, and mentor their young players.


I would love for Jags to stay another year, but I don't see it happening.

Yeti34 is online now  
Old
06-08-2013, 07:36 PM
  #432
rocketdan9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,332
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
2.5 is probably doable... I dunno if Chia even makes that offer to Jagr. It seems way too low. I don't see Chia trying to lowball anyone.

If he's looking for $$$ he probably better off going back to Dallas or another middle of the road team that would pay him to help sell tickets, and mentor their young players.


I would love for Jags to stay another year, but I don't see it happening.
Jagr will give us a discount to stay. 3 Million his next and last year in the nhl.

After you play for a champ and a tight group like the Bruins, where else do you want to go??

rocketdan9 is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 07:50 PM
  #433
mobileusa
Registered User
 
mobileusa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Choosing the Pens instead of the Bruins - Iginla
Assist on Bruins only goal - Iginla
Last shot of the game and series - Iginla
Getting Yagr instead of Iginla......PRICELESS!

mobileusa is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 08:14 PM
  #434
TCL40
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 17,501
vCash: 500
I think Krejci has had a jump in his game since Jagr showed up-I imagine it is inspiring to play with your hockey hero.

I also really liked Jagr's post game interview-he looked excited and emotional at the prospect of playing for the cup again, but I also was impressed with his comments about the team and locker room-he has been in a lot of locker rooms over his career and I think his comments speak to the fact that the Bruins are an all in team concept and Jagr has gone all in with the team.

TCL40 is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 08:44 PM
  #435
Czech Your Math
Registered User
 
Czech Your Math's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: bohemia
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 3,719
vCash: 500
I wouldn't expect him to stay in Boston, esp. given their cap situation.

I think he's here for a good time, not a long time, so he, they and we should just enjoy the ride while it last.

Czech Your Math is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 08:55 PM
  #436
Tim O'Reilly
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ottawa, Ont.
Posts: 2,539
vCash: 500
Could not stand him when he was a Pen. I have to say we have a different Jagr now. This guy LOVES hockey. Loves to play, talk about it and compete. Really want to see him score in the finals so we can get a salute, at home. He's a team player and Cherry showed it last night on HNIC - when they were down 4-1 to the Leafs, he was on the bench and you could read his lips 'ITS NOT OVER'.

That is what a leader does. Beauty pick up Chia!

Tim O'Reilly is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 09:00 PM
  #437
CelticDruidVZ7
Registered User
 
CelticDruidVZ7's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 9
vCash: 500
He was on the ice for the final defensive stand

CelticDruidVZ7 is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 09:38 PM
  #438
westernhome
Registered User
 
westernhome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 3,225
vCash: 500
would love to see Jagr stay, the example he sets and his play are worth every penny

westernhome is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 09:50 PM
  #439
rocketdan9
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 2,332
vCash: 500
There is a clip when the leafs scored the 4th goal in game 7 , some players heads are down, but jagr looked pumped, and encouraging the guys to keep going

rocketdan9 is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 10:17 PM
  #440
jagrgodr
Registered User
 
jagrgodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post
There is a clip when the leafs scored the 4th goal in game 7 , some players heads are down, but jagr looked pumped, and encouraging the guys to keep going
found it, pretty awesome. At :16 they show a tight shot of most of the bruins bench right after the 4th goal is scored and it the shot ends and zooms on Jagr shaking it off like it's just 1 goal down. What a boss.


jagrgodr is offline  
Old
06-09-2013, 01:40 AM
  #441
King Sergei*
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Columbus Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 85
vCash: 500
It's been 21 years since this famous goal against Chicago in the 92 SCFs.

King Sergei* is offline  
Old
06-09-2013, 01:51 AM
  #442
N o o d l e s
Registered User
 
N o o d l e s's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: MA
Country: United States
Posts: 4,246
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sergei View Post
It's been 21 years since this famous goal against Chicago in the 92 SCFs.
I feel like he still thinks he can score goals like that

****, maybe (hopefully) he can

N o o d l e s is offline  
Old
06-09-2013, 02:27 AM
  #443
Afam*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim O'Reilly View Post
Could not stand him when he was a Pen. I have to say we have a different Jagr now. This guy LOVES hockey. Loves to play, talk about it and compete. Really want to see him score in the finals so we can get a salute, at home. He's a team player and Cherry showed it last night on HNIC - when they were down 4-1 to the Leafs, he was on the bench and you could read his lips 'ITS NOT OVER'.

That is what a leader does. Beauty pick up Chia!
Any clip of this?. I just saw the Clip above. Wow.

Afam* is offline  
Old
06-09-2013, 02:29 AM
  #444
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
you can clearly see he was 2 times faster than he is now

Xegiie is offline  
Old
06-09-2013, 03:14 AM
  #445
Greyhounds
Registered User
 
Greyhounds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Nashua
Country: United States
Posts: 11,064
vCash: 500
Mark Recchi. He's an advisor for the Dallas Stars. You know. The team that traded him to Boston. I wonder if Recchi had a hand in Jagr getting here. Just wondering.

Greyhounds is offline  
Old
06-09-2013, 06:09 AM
  #446
stranger86
Registered User
 
stranger86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 20
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis Bonvie View Post
It should be noted that this dedication to working out is a relatively new thing for Jagr.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...ticle12399422/
I am afraid it is not true. While Jagr may have change to become more of a team player his dedication to working out has been with him since the begining. Basicly the guy is doing nothing else with his time then either playing ice hockey or preparing for it.

You can read about it here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...n-the-gym.html

stranger86 is offline  
Old
06-09-2013, 06:11 AM
  #447
Xegiie
Registered User
 
Xegiie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Czech republic
Country: Czech_ Republic
Posts: 1,941
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by stranger86 View Post
I am afraid it is not true. While Jagr may have change to become more of a team player his dedication to working out has been with him since the begining. Basicly the guy is doing nothing else with his time then either playing ice hockey or preparing for it.

You can read about it here: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opin...n-the-gym.html
yp he is working out HARD since he was very young, he also claims he saw it in pittsburgh what it takes to be best

Xegiie is offline  
Old
06-09-2013, 08:03 AM
  #448
sooshii
SISU
 
sooshii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Philly burbs
Country: United States
Posts: 10,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellmaniaKW View Post
can we talk about how awesome Jagr was in game 4? Seeing him out there defending the lead in the last minute says so much about how much of a team guy he has become and how much Julien trusts him. Nothing about his play in that final minute was pretty, but he was playing his heart out there and it was really awesome to see.

I really wish we could afford to keep him around after this year. He tends to expect to get paid fair market value so it's likely he won't take a huge discount to stay but it would be really great if he'd be willing to stay for like a million bucks or something.
Can we talk about update your avatar already?

sooshii is offline  
Old
06-09-2013, 09:20 AM
  #449
jagrgodr
Registered User
 
jagrgodr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 2,595
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Afam View Post
Any clip of this?. I just saw the Clip above. Wow.
Yeah i am dying to see the clip of Cherry actually saying something nice about Jagr.

Found this interesting article about Jagr commenting on Malkin & Crosby not being able to score, he remembers how teams played him just like that.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...-crosby-malkin

Quote:
“They are great players. There is no question about it. It’s not easy when [you’re them] and everybody is waiting for you to do something. It’s like in basketball when you have a good guy, and you double team them. You let somebody else beat you. If you’re going to play against Lebron James you’re going to put two guys on him, and let somebody else beat you. Let the Bird Man (Chris Anderson) beat you. He’s pretty good, but that’s the way it is.”
later on in the article..

Quote:
“I just wish I could help this team a little more offensively, but a higher power is against that. So it’s tough to fight a god,” said Jagr. “Maybe something great is going to happen is going to happen in the Finals. I’m just doing the best I can do: playing defense and playing good along the boards. I’m trying my best.

“Sometimes it doesn’t go that way, but it would be an easy way if everybody got everything in life that they wanted. You’ve got to fight through the tough times.”

jagrgodr is offline  
Old
06-09-2013, 09:23 AM
  #450
Afam*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 2,240
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
Yeah i am dying to see the clip of Cherry actually saying something nice about Jagr.

Found this interesting article about Jagr commenting on Malkin & Crosby not being able to score, he remembers how teams played him just like that.

http://www.csnne.com/blog/bruins-tal...-crosby-malkin



later on in the article..



Thanks for posting that. Maybe Jagr is saving all his goal scoring for the finals.

Afam* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.