Jagr

Closed Thread

Old
06-09-2013, 08:39 AM
RussellmaniaKW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
Can we talk about update your avatar already?
haha now I'm afraid to change it.

Old
06-09-2013, 08:42 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sergei View Post
It's been 21 years since this famous goal against Chicago in the 92 SCFs.
that McEachern/Francis/Jagr line reminds me more than a little of our Marchand/Bergeron/Jagr line.

Old
06-09-2013, 08:50 AM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagrgodr View Post
found it, pretty awesome. At :16 they show a tight shot of most of the bruins bench right after the 4th goal is scored and it the shot ends and zooms on Jagr shaking it off like it's just 1 goal down. What a boss.

It looks like he says "Its not over"

Old
06-09-2013, 09:10 AM
NinthSpoke06

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshii View Post
Can we talk about update your avatar already?
I have the same problem as him. I put this cute/grumpy puppy as my avatar after the Leafs scored their goal to go up 4-1 in the Round 1 series.

Now, being the superstitious person that I am, I can't change it.

Old
06-09-2013, 09:16 AM
NinthSpoke06

I've been one of the ones trumpeting Jagr's usefulness since he got here, even when he isn't putting up points.

I know he hasn't scored as much as we had hoped, but the guy has had some ridiculous luck. He can't buy a goal, some of his ridiculously awesome passes just get whiffed on by guys like Seugin, he had to play with Paille, Campbell, Peverley and Kelly.

Yes, the PP struggled vs. the Pens but Jagr's impact was felt on the PP immediately. As soon as he got here the Bruins PP finally started being able to possess the puck in the offensive zone rather than what they used to do all season. I mean there is no one on this team that can hold onto the puck like Jagr can. Not even Krejci (although he is good at it, Jagr is just much better).

It would be fantastic if Jagr took off in the finals and doubled his scoring output, but what he has brung has certainly been more than enough to make the Bruins a much better team and a real threat to win it all.

Old
06-10-2013, 02:24 AM
takanoyama

Was there any player in the NHL history who has won at least 2 Stanley cups and the last win came 22+ years after the first win? I doubt it. Recchi - 20 years.

Last edited by takanoyama: 06-10-2013 at 02:43 AM.
Old
06-10-2013, 10:52 AM
misterjaggers

Quote:
Originally Posted by takanoyama View Post
Was there any player in the NHL history who has won at least 2 Stanley cups and the last win came 22+ years after the first win? I doubt it. Recchi - 20 years.
If we win, it would be 21 year interval for Jagr.

Old
06-10-2013, 11:06 AM
gillesgilbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by NinthSpoke06 View Post
I've been one of the ones trumpeting Jagr's usefulness since he got here, even when he isn't putting up points.

I know he hasn't scored as much as we had hoped, but the guy has had some ridiculous luck. He can't buy a goal, some of his ridiculously awesome passes just get whiffed on by guys like Seugin, he had to play with Paille, Campbell, Peverley and Kelly.

Yes, the PP struggled vs. the Pens but Jagr's impact was felt on the PP immediately. As soon as he got here the Bruins PP finally started being able to possess the puck in the offensive zone rather than what they used to do all season. I mean there is no one on this team that can hold onto the puck like Jagr can. Not even Krejci (although he is good at it, Jagr is just much better).

It would be fantastic if Jagr took off in the finals and doubled his scoring output, but what he has brung has certainly been more than enough to make the Bruins a much better team and a real threat to win it all.
Jagr hopefully will put up some points in the Finals, my guess is they just might come when the Bruins need them the most.I. don't see him really lighting it up though,those days are long gone,but I think he will be an effective player.

Old
06-11-2013, 06:43 AM
Lesky
Le Magnifique #66

Quote:
Two sides to Jagr

There are two things that help define Bruins winger Jaromir Jagr, and they both came up the past couple of days.

The first is how Jagr -- who set up Boston's winning goal in double overtime in Game 3 -- keeps going at age 41.

"You've got to give a lot of credit to his commitment to conditioning, and we all know at that age if you're not a well-conditioned athlete you're not going to survive," Julien said. "He really does a lot of extra work."

Jagr, a former Penguins star, is known for late-night skates and other extra workouts.

"I know a lot of people laugh at all the different things he does after a game and going out late and shooting pucks in weight belts and everything else, but he's committed and dedicated to the conditioning part of his game, and that's what's allowed him to stay on top of his game as much as he can for a guy that age," Julien said.

Then, there's the playful side.

When the Bruins opened their locker room to a throng of reporters after the morning skate Friday, Jagr positioned himself at the door as writers, radio reporters, television sportscasters, etc., started filing in.

He counted them, out loud, and threatened to cut it off at 100 because of fire safety concerns -- even stopping an unsuspecting camera guy who was No. 101 -- before walking away with a big grin and without doing interviews.
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/...#ixzz2VuIu4DJK

Old
06-11-2013, 07:23 AM
Xegiie

well i know pretty much everyone will not agree with me but here its.
I would like to see boston win this cup, with Jagr scoring one important goal, then boston resigning Jagr for another 1-2 years and Jagr ending his NHL career here .
Because who would hang his name now ? his best seasons were in Pittsburg i do not see them having Jagr there after him being Flyer and now Bruin...
but here is where everyone should agree with me, he does deserve to have his name... somewhere.

If he goes to another team, which he most likely will i dont see this happening

Old
06-11-2013, 07:23 AM
jagrgodr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lesky View Post
ahahahahah thanks for posting this, good job jagr for trolling the media

Old
06-11-2013, 07:33 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
I appreciate what Jaromir Jagr has brought to the team this post-season. I thank him for that and wish him well wherever he may end up next season.

The Bruins are already set for next season as far as I can tell and will not require his services in the future.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Peverley - Soderberg/Kelly/Spooner - Knight
Paille - Campbell - Thornton

Old
06-12-2013, 12:18 AM
jagrgodr

I found this interesting especially after we were just talking about the clip of jagr on the bench saying it's not over:

Quote:
“That’s a long time ago but it was such an important series, such an important playoffs for me, I remember almost everything,” Jagr said. “I remember as the Pittsburgh Penguins, we went to the Finals, we won seven or eight games before the Finals, and so did Chicago. So it was two hot teams meeting each other in the Final. And the first game we were down 4-1 in the first half of the game and I thought we didn’t have a chance. … And all of a sudden it was three or five minutes left and we were down one. I was lucky, I scored a pretty good-looking goal. And Mario [Lemieux] won it with I think 10 or 15 seconds left in the game. Even though it was the first game, I thought it was a key game.”
he also mentions his mullet and he predicts they will come back in style. That goal that Jagr scored was that highlight goal that is his best. Amazing how it all comes around full circle!!!!!

http://boston.cbslocal.com/2013/06/1...in-popularity/

Old
06-12-2013, 02:24 AM
N o o d l e s

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
I appreciate what Jaromir Jagr has brought to the team this post-season. I thank him for that and wish him well wherever he may end up next season.

The Bruins are already set for next season as far as I can tell and will not require his services in the future.

Lucic - Krejci - Horton
Marchand - Bergeron - Seguin
Peverley - Soderberg/Kelly/Spooner - Knight
Paille - Campbell - Thornton
Wish we had money available. Writing Knight into that 3rd line RW is no guarantee as of right now. Would have been nice to be able to afford Jagr for one more year and give Knight a full year of healthy AHL play. Damn you salary cap!!!

Old
06-12-2013, 07:25 AM
qc
#TeamClode

vCash: 69
Great Jagr presser for media day yesterday. His comments on Chicago were priceless .

LINK

Old
06-13-2013, 01:21 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Need a goal. All of the hunched over poke checking is nice and he can even kill the clock like Chris Kelly, but a top 6 player needs to score goals and that is that.

Rex had almost no shot left and yet he came up with GOALS in the final in 2011.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:26 AM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post
Need a goal. All of the hunched over poke checking is nice and he can even kill the clock like Chris Kelly, but a top 6 player needs to score goals and that is that.

Jags didnt recieve a single goal worthy pass in whole game, go figure.
Marchand wants to be a guy to go, i dont have problem with that but if he doesnt make a single pass to Jagr , dont expect Jagr to score one..

Old
06-13-2013, 01:28 AM
kytem2

Quote:
Originally Posted by trenton1 View Post

Jagr has nothing left -- no hands, no speed, no shot, no passing skills, nothing whatsoever.

Old
06-13-2013, 01:31 AM
trenton1
Paille Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xegiie View Post
Jags didnt recieve a single goal worthy pass in whole game, go figure.
Marchand wants to be a guy to go, i dont have problem with that but if he doesnt make a single pass to Jagr , dont expect Jagr to score one..
A top 6 player has to be able to create his own chances or be in position for a rebound once in a while.

Old
06-13-2013, 05:55 AM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytem2 View Post
Jagr has nothing left -- no hands, no speed, no shot, no passing skills, nothing whatsoever.
Is this a serious post?

Old
06-13-2013, 06:19 AM
shipwreck
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeti34 View Post
Is this a serious post?
There are some people who just complain about jagr no matter what he does...

Old
06-13-2013, 07:11 AM
nazartp

Quote:
I have to wonder - did you just start watching the B's playoffs?

Old
06-13-2013, 07:21 AM
lextune
I'm too old for this

Quote:
He has two of the biggest assists of the playoffs. One of them, (the backhand pass to Bergy), was absolutely beautiful.

....just saying.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:46 AM
kytem2

Including the regular season, Jagr has 1 goal in his last 27 games, he was brought to Boston to score, and he has not done that.

Last edited by kytem2: 06-13-2013 at 08:57 AM.
Old
06-13-2013, 10:31 AM
RedeyeRocketeer

imho to me this trade is just like the Kaberle trade. Was a lateral move, in the end mostly a depth move.

Closed Thread