Jagr

Closed Thread

Old
05-16-2013, 10:43 AM
JMiller

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by takanoyama View Post
Easy look at "TOI Bruins" in the Boxscore of each playoff game would show you that Jagr didn´t stay too long on the ice in comparation with the other forwards. Maybe when you just focus on him with detest, time seems to go slower than in reality (And you can see only bad things and not the good ones). Jagr haters need more objectivity as well as Jagr lovers.
FWIW Compared to his line mates in the playoffs. . .

Jagr's time on ice per shift 49seconds
Peverly's time on ice per shift 44 seconds
Kelly's time on ice per shift 40 seconds.

In the regular season he lead the Bruins with 60 seconds/shift on average (Peverly 44, Kelly 42)

Old
05-16-2013, 11:06 AM
reidy
@reidjjackson

Send a message via AIM to reidy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Difference being Iginla is a ppg player right now. Either way I haven't been happy with Jagr at all. He can't make a pass to save his life right now. Easily knocked off the puck. He shows flashes of what he use to be but they are just flashes. I really hope they don't bring him back next year. He just doesn't fit this teams style of play.
... we must be watching different Jaromir Jagrs.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:18 AM
QC
Visionary.

vCash: 1000
I think Jagr will have a strong series. I can see his line doing a lot of cycling and wraparounds.. playing the boards behind Hank is important imo.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:23 AM
hemispheres

Isn't the Bergeron line suppose to be a shutdown line as well as offensive?

With Jagr Bergeron better be ready to play the middle and the right side in the defensive aspects,

Old
05-16-2013, 11:29 AM
RussellmaniaKW

Jagr is clearly a guy who thrives on playing with skilled players. I don't think he necessarily sandbags it when he's out there with grinders, but I think he has less fun and he seems to play a lot better when he's having fun. Once he was put with Bergeron and Marchand you could just see his energy level pick up. I think he is definitely going to have a strong series, especially if he stays with that line.

Old
05-16-2013, 11:30 AM
RupBoysDad
@Rupboysdad

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoyntBergie View Post
You and I would both be PPG players playing with Malkin and Crosby.
Jagr would be putting up the same numbers Iggy is if he was on Pitt

Old
05-16-2013, 04:25 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredeye View Post
Difference being Iginla is a ppg player right now. Either way I haven't been happy with Jagr at all. He can't make a pass to save his life right now. Easily knocked off the puck. He shows flashes of what he use to be but they are just flashes. I really hope they don't bring him back next year. He just doesn't fit this teams style of play.
'Easily knocked off the puck' is the last term I would use to describe Jagr. He also made plenty of nice passes against Toronto such as the one to Lucic for the late goal in game 6.

Old
05-16-2013, 04:50 PM
Xegiie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
'Easily knocked off the puck' is the last term I would use to describe Jagr. He also made plenty of nice passes against Toronto such as the one to Lucic for the late goal in game 6.
ROFL exactly

Old
05-16-2013, 10:21 PM
BostonBeatdown

I've been hesitant to criticize Jagr as I wanted him to be help our scoring, and he started off pretty good. However his puck hog no passing style is really getting to me now. Next game please count how many times he tries to beat 3 or 4 players at once....it is maddening. Pass the puck! That is what I scream at the TV right before he turns it over.

That said the Kelly line has been terrible all around. Still, one would think he could make the players around him better, not worse. Plus, it is pretty hard for his linemates to succeed if he will never pass the puck.

I think he is pressing, and may have a lower body injury with how slow he is skating. I say if he doesn't have a multi-point effort next game, they should take him off the power play unit. It is interesting how a lot of the Bruins were in awe of him when he first arrived, but now looks to be a non-factor. Please prove me wrong Jagr!

Old
05-16-2013, 10:23 PM
bucckevin

Jagr should really hang it up.. he has no legs and he doesn't know how to pass the freakin puck. All he does is hang on to the puck without passing and ends up losing it at the back of the boards.

Old
05-16-2013, 10:29 PM
westernhome

Jagr is fine, he is not passing the puck because nobody is open to pass it to, he makes passes often to open guys... for some reason I keep noticing that the Bruins are bunching up, when Jagr had the puck there was a Bruin right beside him and two opposing players draped all over both of them... it has been pretty tight checking in the playoffs

Old
05-16-2013, 10:30 PM
Fair Warning

Jagr approached Glen Murray levels of slow this past game.

The guy looks gassed. Hope he can dig deep and find a little more left in the tank.

Old
05-16-2013, 10:44 PM
Trap Jesus

I think he actually makes any player he plays with less effective. He hijacks the play on offense (which usually turns out for the worse) and makes them have to cover more room on the ice on defense.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:59 AM
ReggieMoto

Send a message via Yahoo to ReggieMoto
Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
Jagr is fine, he is not passing the puck because nobody is open to pass it to, he makes passes often to open guys... for some reason I keep noticing that the Bruins are bunching up, when Jagr had the puck there was a Bruin right beside him and two opposing players draped all over both of them... it has been pretty tight checking in the playoffs
Jagr is most definitely NOT fine. Not only is he a puck hog, he will even fight his own line mates for the puck. That's the bunching up you see. It's Jagr chasing the puck when the Bruins already have possession. I heard Andy Brickley comment during the Toronto series that Jagr needed to make himself more available in front of the net and to stop chasing the puck when the Bs already have possession.

When he does have the puck he definitely hangs on to it for too long, irrespective of whether he has open pass receivers or not. Marchand and Bergeron know how to make them themselves open.

Last night Jagr showed he no longer has the legs and ended up short-shifting his line because he had to get off the ice. Brickley said last night late in the game he thought that Julien needed to swap Seguin and Jagr in order to generate more speed and opportunities on the second line.

Jagr needs to get onboard here. He is starting to hurt the team more than help it.

Old
05-17-2013, 07:07 AM
takanoyama

I think the 2nd game will be very important. Hardly can you have more time to get ready for the next game in play-off. It looks that illness has taken away the rest of speed (more exactly vitality) from him and he struggles in the others. He must recover as soon as possible if it is the main problem and get some chemistry with 37+63.

Bad news is that Seguin struggles on too.

I wrote him polite message. God knows he will read it. I am only dust.

Old
05-17-2013, 07:16 AM
Morris Wanchuk

Send a message via AIM to Morris Wanchuk
Jagr seems in no hurry to do anything.. heyooo

Old
05-17-2013, 07:20 AM
Number8

Quote:
Originally Posted by westernhome View Post
I agree, you see that alot.

Jagr and Lucic collided last night off of just one of those plays.

I'm assuming it's because the Bruins play a tight system and Jagr tends to freewheel more.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:14 AM
flannelman
default user

vCash: 920
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post
Jagr is most definitely NOT fine. Not only is he a puck hog, he will even fight his own line mates for the puck. That's the bunching up you see. It's Jagr chasing the puck when the Bruins already have possession. I heard Andy Brickley comment during the Toronto series that Jagr needed to make himself more available in front of the net and to stop chasing the puck when the Bs already have possession.

When he does have the puck he definitely hangs on to it for too long, irrespective of whether he has open pass receivers or not. Marchand and Bergeron know how to make them themselves open.

Last night Jagr showed he no longer has the legs and ended up short-shifting his line because he had to get off the ice. Brickley said last night late in the game he thought that Julien needed to swap Seguin and Jagr in order to generate more speed and opportunities on the second line.

Jagr needs to get onboard here. He is starting to hurt the team more than help it.
I still dig his skillset and I'm too stubborn to reverse what I've said earlier in this thread.

But last night I did get frustrated with him. In the third, in the offensive zone, he basically clipped Bergeron on the left boards so that he could control the puck. Luckily, no hair came our of my head.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:25 AM
Yeti34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReggieMoto View Post

I am hoping Clode continues to let them play together to see if Jags and Bergy can build some chemistry. Him and marshy work really well together in the corners. I have faith Clode will be patient with this as he has in the past, and it will pay off for him.

Edit: if he does look tired again late in the game I am all for reuniting Segs with Bergy and Marchand for the rest of the game. He should have tried it last night when everyone was Jagr was looking tired.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:41 AM
JMiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number8 View Post
I agree, you see that alot.

Jagr and Lucic collided last night off of just one of those plays.

I'm assuming it's because the Bruins play a tight system and Jagr tends to freewheel more.
That's the nice way to say it. Jagr does whatever he feels like doing out there, total disregard for any team strategy. The worst is when he will skate up to a teammate and just take the puck off of their stick.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:55 AM
Scotto74

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonBeatdown View Post
I've been hesitant to criticize Jagr as I wanted him to be help our scoring, and he started off pretty good. However his puck hog no passing style is really getting to me now. Next game please count how many times he tries to beat 3 or 4 players at once....it is maddening. Pass the puck! That is what I scream at the TV right before he turns it over.

That said the Kelly line has been terrible all around. Still, one would think he could make the players around him better, not worse. Plus, it is pretty hard for his linemates to succeed if he will never pass the puck.

I think he is pressing, and may have a lower body injury with how slow he is skating. I say if he doesn't have a multi-point effort next game, they should take him off the power play unit. It is interesting how a lot of the Bruins were in awe of him when he first arrived, but now looks to be a non-factor. Please prove me wrong Jagr!
welcome to the other side.

I agree with the Bold 100%

BOSTON STRONG!!!
Old
05-17-2013, 11:03 AM
rss

It's obvious he doesn't fit in the system. But who can blame him. Hes 41, hes not going to learn how to play different way. He was leading scorer for Stars, so skill is still there.... Iginla and Jagr -two guys with acompletely different skillset, pursuing one and acquired the other. I dont understand whats jagr doing on this team anyway...

Old
05-17-2013, 11:20 AM
splat10

it's my opinion that Jagr should be scratched. Who to replace him with is tough (yeti or spoons) but he's actually hurting the team out there.

Old
05-17-2013, 11:53 AM
tom nuetten

as I said before... I don´t like Jagr in a Bruins uniform (with the system they play at the moment) and it´s since day one...

yes he was the best scorer on a stars team, but where are the stars at the moment? he´s not a guy for the first or second line of a contender and he is slower than tuukka rask ...

he looks way to slow out there and tries to hold the puck to long... yes he is good to protect the puck, but if he tries to hold it 20 sec, he ends up on the ice...

he is bad defensively and doesn´t help the bruins at all! I rather see seguin on the 2nd line again and start dogman/söderberg on the 3rd line...

his lack of speed and defence is worse than his ability offensively => sit him

Old
05-17-2013, 11:57 AM
Confound
-Vindicated-

Get him off the Bergeron line, two games is enough and he hasn't done ****.

Put him back with the high glass crew.

Closed Thread