HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs lose 3-2 to Sens

Closed Thread

Old
05-07-2013, 10:34 PM
googlymoogly

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
For English posters:

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 2m
NHL told the Canadiens that linesman made a mistake on the faceoff before the first Sens goal. Faceoff should have been on the left side
Then they made a mistake on the kicked in goal. Then they made a mistake on two icings, then they made a mistake on the tying goal where Turris interfered with Price.

Edit. It is mathematically astonishing to see so many mistakes in a row which you can only conclude that there was bias in the game.

Old
durojean

I'm mad... Now we have only 1 Habs game left and then draft day... And then free agency day 1st.

**** no Habs hockey for 3 month because of the refs is the worst !

Old
76ftw

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guilliam View Post
According to Auger it was Chris Lee who was in charge of reviewing the goal call at the central.

Each of them can **** the Habs on their own, imagine when they team up together...that's what we get tonight
I won't believe it was Chris Lee. I just won't

Old
05-07-2013, 10:35 PM
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
The NHL admitted their mistake to the Habs? Wow wow wow
Ummm.... how is that even possible.... it was video review.... is the NHL so seriously inept that it can't even get video review right.... never mind... rhetorical question.

Old
WeThreeKings

Send a message via MSN to WeThreeKings
Quote:
According to Auger it was Chris Lee who was in charge of reviewing the goal call at the central.

Each of them can **** the Habs on their own, imagine when they team up together...that's what we get tonight
Chris Lee is horrendous.

Old
Habsawce

vCash: 200
Quote:

Please tell me this is just a fabricated story to make it more painful and not actually the truth. I was under the impression that Mike Murphy was in charge in Toronto not an official.

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Hey, the NHL admitted that the referee made a mistake as to where the faceoff should have been taken......Whoopee.

Old
Scotianhab

Quote:
Originally Posted by HatTricK09 View Post
They probably couldn't care less what they say right now, they just want to calm things down.

It won't change the scoreboard in the end
Agreed. I bet if officials were docked pay for bad calls (in any sport not just hockey) the level of officiating would be way better. Never will happen though. They should be accountable. Chris Lee & Tim Peel would be broke and sharing a cardboard box drinking a cheap bottle of whiskey out of a brown paper bag.

Old
Hugo Sham

the sad 'arbitrary' thing about kicking goal is if it's waved off on the ice, there's no way they overturn it. watch the sen player. lol. does he even celebrate? ****er looks guilty

Old
05-07-2013, 10:36 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:

whaaaaaaaaaaaaa???????

Old
905tech
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeThreeKings View Post
Can we get a video or .gif of the ref waiving off the 2nd goal?

Old
Hugo Sham

Quote:
And that is where Price injured himself first.. didn't notice that.
can't see it

Old
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
Ummm.... how is that even possible.... it was video review.... is the NHL so seriously inept that it can't even get video review right.... never mind... rhetorical question.
This is NOT about the kicking goal. About the side of where the faceoff should have been taken.

Old
Poulet Kostopoulos

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
Forgot who said it but we should just go back to the old rule that if off skate (intentional or not) no goal. Totally black and white
Why make the rule clear and remove the possibilities for refs to influence the outcome of a game?

Old
05-07-2013, 10:37 PM
Bloumeister
Live And Let Dye

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy View Post
For English posters:

Renaud Lavoie ‏@RenLavoieRDS 2m
NHL told the Canadiens that linesman made a mistake on the faceoff before the first Sens goal. Faceoff should have been on the left side
As a make-up gift, NHL execs offered a mulligan to Habs management for the first golf game of the off-season

Old
habfaninvictoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlymoogly View Post
Then they made a mistake on the kicked in goal. Then they made a mistake on two icings, then they made a mistake on the tying goal where Turris interfered with Price.
You forgot about their biggest mistake.... making Chris Lee and Tim Peel officials who actually have a say in hockey. These guys should not be allowed to make a living in hockey.... unless it's selling pretzels or cleaning urinals.

Old
Glorieu

Man you know being down three games to one isn't necessarily curtains.....normally. However, with this depleted lineup I don't know it will take a graveyard full of ghosts (have they even made their way to the Bell Centre) to help the Habs turn this ship around. Let's hope we don't lose to these clowns at home anyway....play hard again and maybe just maybe we get the reffing, coaching, goaltending.....and the breaks. Not asking too much is it?

Old
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHill Seeker View Post
the sad 'arbitrary' thing about kicking goal is if it's waved off on the ice, there's no way they overturn it. watch the sen player. lol. does he even celebrate? ****er looks guilty
Considering the ref didn't even know to count the tying goal or not, I'd say they have no idea how to be succinct in their decision making process.

"Goal Ottawa!"
"Wait is that Anderson? NO GOAL1"
"Oh it's Price.. GOAL!"

Old
Kenny Powders

Quote:
Originally Posted by habfaninvictoria View Post
If they go to toronto for the review and that they judge the video is not concluent, then the ref on the ice as to make a call.

Old
Hugo Sham

oh yeah..
no excuses

Old
05-07-2013, 10:38 PM
hackytorque

Quote:
Who gives a ****?

They admit a mistake, it's too late now. **** off and give us the win we rightfully deserved.
2nd seed vs 7th and it comes to this call

Im biased though because I always cheer for Canadian teams.

Old
Andy

Old
WeThreeKings

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
In my opinion, it hit his stick first and then his foot and in regular motion, there's no way he could have intentionally do anything with the puck with his foot. But that's my opinion, and no reason to agree...
Yeah, he's an NHL player and he can't kick the puck. That's so obviously a kick.. I can't even convince myself it's not. I am trying SO hard so I can get some sleep but I can't. It's clear as day.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:39 PM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens4life View Post
In my opinion, it hit his stick first and then his foot and in regular motion, there's no way he could have intentionally do anything with the puck with his foot. But that's my opinion, and no reason to agree...
Don't worry. We won't find any.

Old
05-07-2013, 10:39 PM
black charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Joker View Post
The redirected with a skate/kicking motion goal is one of the grey areas of the sport. It always has been. Whenever that call goes against you (be it you lose a goal, or the opposition gains a goal), it sucks. You just hope it doesn't prove pivotal in the game, because then it really stings. But that's life. For the ref and the goal judge, there's no clear-cut call to be made there; it's very much a case-by-case basis and it's very eye-test in nature.

So this call going against us isn't the biggest issue with the refs in this series - That's just the "cherry on top".

The biggest issue with the refs is the penalty differential. It's brutal. Yes, the refs can be faulted here. I don't blame any of my fellow Habs fans for being a bit upset here. But really, it's not the main reason we're down 3-1 in this series. This Habs team just doesn't have the right mix of player personnel for playoff hockey.

Like another poster said, if 4/6 of your Top Six D are Markov, Gorges, Bouillon, and Diaz, then your D is too soft/small (unless the other two guys are both Scott Stevens-esque, which isn't the case for us).

One of these four guys has to be replaced with a big, tough, stay-at-home D that's good at keeping the crease clear. My preference would be Diaz out, and a big, tough, stay-at-home D in. But even if its Markov or Gorges out, so be it.
Big physical defence doesn't' always do the trick.Ask the Leafs.

Closed Thread