HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > San Jose Sharks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

What would it take to get Pavelski?

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-18-2013, 09:54 PM
  #1
showtime8
Registered User
 
showtime8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
What would it take to get Pavelski?

I'm not sure where to put this and I really don't want to make a new thread on your board.... But I want to know the chances of Pavelski being traded and what the value of him would be if he were traded?

I'm a huge fan of his and would love for the Leafs to overpay for him.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:38 PM
  #2
LadyStanley
Elasmobranchology-go
 
LadyStanley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: North of the Tank
Country: United States
Posts: 55,949
vCash: 500
Chance of being traded, 5% or less.

LadyStanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:42 PM
  #3
Arkansas Shark
Rebuild lol
 
Arkansas Shark's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Underground Bunker
Country: United States
Posts: 3,380
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
I'm not sure where to put this and I really don't want to make a new thread on your board.... But I want to know the chances of Pavelski being traded and what the value of him would be if he were traded?

I'm a huge fan of his and would love for the Leafs to overpay for him.
A top 10 2013 1st, top 6 winger prospect, a quality roster player, a Honus Wagner rookie card, a first born child...

Basically quite a bit.

Arkansas Shark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 10:47 PM
  #4
Arrch
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: NorCal
Country: United States
Posts: 4,331
vCash: 50
Think Jordan Staal type return.

Arrch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:12 PM
  #5
magic school bus
***********
 
magic school bus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 14,703
vCash: 1965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrch View Post
Think Jordan Staal type return.
And add from there

magic school bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:43 PM
  #6
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
I'm not sure where to put this and I really don't want to make a new thread on your board.... But I want to know the chances of Pavelski being traded and what the value of him would be if he were traded?

I'm a huge fan of his and would love for the Leafs to overpay for him.
A trade of Pavelski would be possible after what the Sharks gave to Couture depending on how much Pavelski wants. A team would have to offer two assets, and be willing to take significant salary.

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:44 PM
  #7
showtime8
Registered User
 
showtime8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkansas Shark View Post
A top 10 2013 1st, top 6 winger prospect, a quality roster player, a Honus Wagner rookie card, a first born child...

Basically quite a bit.
How about a Paul Bissonette rookie card and a child to be named later?

I wasn't sure what the Sharks were going to do with both Thornton and Marleau hitting free agency at the same time as Pavelski, next season. I would assume that they want to keep all of them if they can??

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:47 PM
  #8
Leidi J
Registered User
 
Leidi J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grd Rapids, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
How about a Paul Bissonette rookie card and a child to be named later?

I wasn't sure what the Sharks were going to do with both Thornton and Marleau hitting free agency at the same time as Pavelski, next season. I would assume that they want to keep all of them if they can??
Yes but Pavelski is the young one in the prime of his career. I would think that would make him close to the number one priority not the one likely to be collateral damage.

Like everyone is saying... mass overpayment. high 1st round pick, young scoring winger, + other picks/prospects.

Leidi J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:49 PM
  #9
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
How about a Paul Bissonette rookie card and a child to be named later?

I wasn't sure what the Sharks were going to do with both Thornton and Marleau hitting free agency at the same time as Pavelski, next season. I would assume that they want to keep all of them if they can??
Its possible they can keep all of them and Boyle too depending on if Boyle is willing to take a pay cut which he might

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:54 PM
  #10
showtime8
Registered User
 
showtime8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by magic school bus View Post
And add from there
The Staal package got: #8 pick overall, Sutter & Doumilin.

So they are hoping for a top 10 pick, a serviceable 3rd line centreman/3rd or 4th defenceman and a mid level prospect?

I would want the Leafs to overpay to get this guy, so I would offer up:

21st overall
2014 2nd round pick
D Stuart Percy (1st round pick 2 years ago and solid 2 way dman)
Choice of Liles/Fraser
D Jesse Blacker
+?

*I'm really stuck on offering value because the draft pick isn't that high (Sharks would have back to back picks though) and unsure of how to compensate for what else the Sharks might need.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:55 PM
  #11
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,387
vCash: 567
Pavs re-signing should be the Sharks number one priority from now until the draft.

If for some reason he intimates that he'd dislike to stay, deal him for a top-10 pick right now +. Otherwise, get him locked up and then make Torres your next priority.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:56 PM
  #12
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
The Staal package got: #8 pick overall, Sutter & Doumilin.

So they are hoping for a top 10 pick, a serviceable 3rd line centreman/3rd or 4th defenceman and a mid level prospect?

I would want the Leafs to overpay to get this guy, so I would offer up:

21st overall
2014 2nd round pick
D Stuart Percy (1st round pick 2 years ago and solid 2 way dman)
Choice of Liles/Fraser
D Jesse Blacker
+?

*I'm really stuck on offering value because the draft pick isn't that high (Sharks would have back to back picks though) and unsure of how to compensate for what else the Sharks might need.
Sharks are stacked with decent Defense prospects. The team needs forwards; wingers especially. This will be a problem for the Leafs

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:56 PM
  #13
showtime8
Registered User
 
showtime8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Its possible they can keep all of them and Boyle too depending on if Boyle is willing to take a pay cut which he might
Boyle's going to be 37 with his next contract and even though he's still looking pretty good, I would think that the Sharks would have to look to be replacing him in the near future.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:57 PM
  #14
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,387
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
The Staal package got: #8 pick overall, Sutter & Doumilin.

So they are hoping for a top 10 pick, a serviceable 3rd line centreman/3rd or 4th defenceman and a mid level prospect?

I would want the Leafs to overpay to get this guy, so I would offer up:

21st overall
2014 2nd round pick
D Stuart Percy (1st round pick 2 years ago and solid 2 way dman)
Choice of Liles/Fraser
D Jesse Blacker
+?

*I'm really stuck on offering value because the draft pick isn't that high (Sharks would have back to back picks though) and unsure of how to compensate for what else the Sharks might need.
Yeah, that's not remotely tempting at all. Dumoulin is a stud prospect, who will likely be a #3 big mobile two-way defenseman, #8 is a top-10 pick, and Sutter was a stud young #3C. The offer you just made was pitiful in comparison.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:57 PM
  #15
JeffMangum
not sure if HF or FB
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 56,254
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
The Staal package got: #8 pick overall, Sutter & Doumilin.

So they are hoping for a top 10 pick, a serviceable 3rd line centreman/3rd or 4th defenceman and a mid level prospect?

I would want the Leafs to overpay to get this guy, so I would offer up:

21st overall
2014 2nd round pick
D Stuart Percy (1st round pick 2 years ago and solid 2 way dman)
Choice of Liles/Fraser
D Jesse Blacker
+?

*I'm really stuck on offering value because the draft pick isn't that high (Sharks would have back to back picks though) and unsure of how to compensate for what else the Sharks might need.
That isn't overpayment. That's an assortment of quantity. Not even comparable to the Staal package.

Make it #21, JVR, and Franson. Then I think SJ could bite on that.

__________________

#TannerGlass2014
SEEN YOUR VIDEO!
#SheWentToHarvard
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:58 PM
  #16
showtime8
Registered User
 
showtime8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantonAbandon View Post
Sharks are stacked with decent Defense prospects. The team needs forwards; wingers especially. This will be a problem for the Leafs
Yea, doesn't really seem like the 2 teams are good trading partners if thats what the Sharks would be asking for.

Would they want Tyler Biggs, who is projected to be similar to a Milan Lucic? Or are they looking for a Matt Frattin type who can score 10-15 goals a season?

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:59 PM
  #17
MarleauApologist
fun must be alwalys
 
MarleauApologist's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Francisco, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 7,366
vCash: 500
I would want JVR and Rielly.

MarleauApologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-18-2013, 11:59 PM
  #18
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Great 88 View Post
I would want JVR and Rielly.
The Leafs won't give up Rielly

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:00 AM
  #19
sharski
Registered User
 
sharski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,365
vCash: 500
well, DW was desperately trying to throw Pavs and a 1st round pick to CBJ for Nash, so that gives you an idea of what DW thinks of Pavs

sharski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:00 AM
  #20
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Boyle View Post
That isn't overpayment. That's an assortment of quantity. Not even comparable to the Staal package.

Make it #21, JVR, and Franson. Then I think SJ could bite on that.
A bit too much money for the Sharks to absorb. However if somehow Havlat waived his nmc and the Leafs were willing to take him that would be a deal

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:02 AM
  #21
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharski View Post
well, DW was desperately trying to throw Pavs and a 1st round pick to CBJ for Nash, so that gives you an idea of what DW thinks of Pavs
I thought it was Pavs Clowe and a pick which would make more cap sense. Although we know that rumor didn't come from the Sharks and I think the Jackets were making that up in a desperate attempt to boost offers

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:03 AM
  #22
TheJuxtaposer
#Shorks
 
TheJuxtaposer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 26,387
vCash: 567
Quote:
Originally Posted by showtime8 View Post
Yea, doesn't really seem like the 2 teams are good trading partners if thats what the Sharks would be asking for.

Would they want Tyler Biggs, who is projected to be similar to a Milan Lucic? Or are they looking for a Matt Frattin type who can score 10-15 goals a season?
I had a good laugh at that one. Biggs will be lucky to crack the NHL as a third liner.

JVR + Gardiner is a decent offer, as I'm a big fan of Jake. Wouldn't take less.

TheJuxtaposer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:05 AM
  #23
Leidi J
Registered User
 
Leidi J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Grd Rapids, Michigan
Country: United States
Posts: 3,879
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharski View Post
well, DW was desperately trying to throw Pavs and a 1st round pick to CBJ for Nash, so that gives you an idea of what DW thinks of Pavs
Pretty sure that was a load of bull. Aside from the fact that the Sharks organization is notoriously closed lipped about letting those kind of things get out.

I would not put money on that being anywhere close to true. But we'll never know so... whatever. But I don't think you can base percieved value on some possible old made-up rumor.

Leidi J is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:07 AM
  #24
showtime8
Registered User
 
showtime8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Toronto, ON
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJuxtaposer View Post
Yeah, that's not remotely tempting at all. Dumoulin is a stud prospect, who will likely be a #3 big mobile two-way defenseman, #8 is a top-10 pick, and Sutter was a stud young #3C. The offer you just made was pitiful in comparison.
I would have to say that Percy is going to be a better defenceman than Dumoulin. But I guess that might just be personal preference. I haven't seen Dumoulin play and I've just read the scouting reports on him...

A "young stud" #3 centreman who could easily be replaced by a UFA veteran at 1.5 million. I think that the hype around Sutter is starting to fade away after the 1 decent season he had with Carolina. Yes, I know he's playing behind the 2 best players in the world, but I'm not sure he's that special of a player to be called a young stud. Again, just my personal opinion.

The #8 pick is the biggest thing to try and hit the value on. I wouldn't know how to equate the value.

showtime8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-19-2013, 12:08 AM
  #25
WantonAbandon
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 5,185
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigPAVELSKI View Post
Pretty sure that was a load of bull. Aside from the fact that the Sharks organization is notoriously closed lipped about letting those kind of things get out.

I would not put money on that being anywhere close to true. But we'll never know so... whatever. But I don't think you can base percieved value on some possible old made-up rumor.
Now that I think about I think DW actually broke his vow of transaction silence and told DP that the rumor wasn't true

WantonAbandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.