Valcak = Varada?

Closed Thread

Old
09-25-2003, 08:05 AM
WBC8

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Valcak = Varada?

Seems to me that Patrik Valcak really rubbed some of the Bruins the wrong way in his time here.......GOOD FOR HIM. Anyone know the story on this guy? He sounds like a Varada type from what I read....

Old
09-25-2003, 08:16 AM
neelynugs

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8
Seems to me that Patrik Valcak really rubbed some of the Bruins the wrong way in his time here.......GOOD FOR HIM. Anyone know the story on this guy? He sounds like a Varada type from what I read....
varada is WAY thicker than valcak- valcak is a rail, but he certainly plays the pest role well. the thing is, he's more of a stickwork guy than an abrasive bodychecking type. he has some flash and dash to go along with the stickwork, so maybe he'll pop in some goals as well. looks like a decent pick so far- interested to see how he fares in juniors this year.

Old
09-25-2003, 11:34 AM
Ch 4 Action News

I was impressed...

I wrote in my Training Camp Update that Valcak and Marjamaki were both pests with some solid skill, and Valcak impressed me more than Masi did. When I think of him I think of what Donato's jersey looked like last time he was here. Black stick marks all over it. Valcak is gonna do a lot of wacking and cross checking and put a lot of stick marks on opposing players. If he learns how to get away with it and make players retaliate to go along with the very solid skill set he has he could be a very good and very despised NHL player.

Old
09-25-2003, 12:04 PM
Colt.45Orr

Grrr...

I gotta run right now ,but I will give you an update on Valcak (who I saw play live last night) and Masi who will play against Valcak on the 4th.
I like him thus far. More later.

Old
09-26-2003, 03:36 PM
Colt.45Orr

Valcak

In his first game with the Hurricanes (in Lethbridge) he didn't play a whole lot (the game was a penalty-fest and he has yet to have time to learn the pp or pk ropes... so for now he is a 5-5 only player).

He was looking good at centre, seemed to win most of the face-offs he took or at least tied the guy up until someone else jumped in.

I LOVE the way he plays, ...I think I will like Masi even more from what I have heard and seen BUT Valcak impressed me in that he has some skill but also played a scrappy game.

Actually he was playing borderline cheap but is talented at getting away with it. He absolutely drilled a guy without the puck and was gitting in people's faces all night while staying out of the ref's bad books.

He played like a weird hybrid of Nash-Stumpel.(antagonizes but also see's the ice well with soft passing hands) I think the guy has the potential to replace PJ Axe one day, *potential* -we'll see how the rest of the season goes... and so forth.

My friends in Red Deere are VERY high on Masi, I hope to be able to see him 10x (live) this year so I will give reports along the way. Valcak I will see quite abit more.

Old
09-26-2003, 04:49 PM
Rumpy

Valcak and Maji

I missed the Lethbridge game in the city tonite but I am quite sure I will make it to the game against Red Deer on Sunday and will give a report if I can really busy at the moment but you guys talked up Maji so much I'd like to see for myself....Rumpy

Closed Thread