HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Blues hosting Kings: More grind edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
When was the last time the Blues had a goalie that could steal a series?

Old
05-08-2013, 11:36 PM
PitchDoug

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blue bleeder 24-7 View Post
92:13. 1 penalty. Sutter "hockey."

Not gonna bother watching 6. There won't be a 7. I sure do hope the league sells a lot of jerseys.

**** this "league."
Kings play a game of limiting mistakes. As do the Blues. But we're making more mistakes right now. Blues are playing mostly great hockey but we have a tough opponent with a really tough goalie.

but i think my point in quoting you here is ... can you really name yourself "blue bleeder 24/7" and be that guy. i mean that in jest. I'm frustrated too but i look forward to these games too much to miss. its not over

Old
05-08-2013, 11:37 PM
GrandPapillon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
He's had a real disappointing year offensively, but he's played with his heart on his sleeve this whole series. He's a great captain, needs a bounce back year offensively next year though.

Cracknell plays with his heart on his sleeve. He doesn't deserve to be captain.

Perron is playing hard, but not scoring which does the Blues 0 good.

Oshie has been a mess since coming back defensively, and given his supposed role on the team, he either needs to play better or not at all and recover.

Tired of these effort points. They are the equivalent of participant trophys. Backes is trying hard...well good for him for meeting minimum standards. As a captain and 1st line center, he owes the team much more.

Old
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
Well that WAS supposed to be Halak....

Old
BurnabyJayce

Two things:
1. I have never seen such a series where one team (the Blues) have dominated Zone time only to end up with a shot going wide.
2. I have never seen a series with so many blatant penalties for interference by one team (the Kings) let go.

Old
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Quote:
I'm sick of having a team with 4 lines of grinders. I hate the Hitch grinding style. Can't we have one line of talent? Just one?
We have a handful of quality players that fit Hitch's system like a square peg in a round hole.

The big question is who gets moved? Stew? Perron? Berglund? Hitch?

Old
05-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Originally Posted by illninofan View Post
Didn't want to believe it, but it seems like the other fans were right about Hitch.

Dude is just...wtf?
Totally agree. He **** the bed tonight yet again.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:38 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPapillon View Post
Cracknell plays with his heart on his sleeve. He doesn't deserve to be captain.

Perron is playing hard, but not scoring which does the Blues 0 good.

Oshie has been a mess since coming back defensively, and given his supposed role on the team, he either needs to play better or not at all and recover.

Tired of these effort points. They are the equivalent of participant trophys. Backes is trying hard...well good for him for meeting minimum standards. As a captain and 1st line center, he owes the team much more.
The thing is, Backes can only do so much. He's clearly not a first line center, and we can't expect him to be, he simply doesn't have the skill to be one. I personally try not to question a player's captaincy due to the fact that we have no idea what goes on in the locker room, so no comment on that part.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:39 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
Well that WAS supposed to be Halak....

Halak is way more talented than Elliott, but he can't stay healthy. I think Allen is better than both by a decent amount.

Old
Thallis
#FREERATTIE

vCash: 499
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post
Uh-huh, he was great while he stood there and watched Kopitar score the GWG in game 4.
You're not blaming that goal on Berglund are you (which was the tying goal, btw)? That was almost entirely on Polak just staring down the puck with his back to where he needed to be.

Old
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Please stop blaming the goalie. This is about our team not digging deep enough and finding ways to score. If you don't score in the playoffs you lose. Period

Old
05-08-2013, 11:40 PM
illninofan*

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurnabyJayce View Post
Two things:
1. I have never seen such a series where one team (the Blues) have dominated Zone time only to end up with a shot going wide.
2. I have never seen a series with so many blatant penalties for interference by one team (the Kings) let go.
The Kings have gotten two 5-on-3 powerplays...the Blues have none.

Very telling, indeed.

But as much as we can whine about the refs, Hitch ****ed that up again.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:40 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
We have a handful of quality players that fit Hitch's system like a square peg in a round hole.

The big question is who gets moved? Stew? Perron? Berglund? Hitch?

1- yes
2- sure
3- no
4- one more year

Old
05-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Please stop blaming the goalie. This is about our team not digging deep enough and finding ways to score. If you don't score in the playoffs you lose. Period

combination of both imo

Old
05-08-2013, 11:41 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Halak is way more talented than Elliott, but he can't stay healthy. I think Allen is better than both by a decent amount.
Halák isn't any more talented than Elliott. Elliott at his best is better than Halák. We can't judge Allen yet. He's got all of what, 15 games?

Old
05-08-2013, 11:42 PM
STLBLUES44
LehteraschwenkSHoW

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
Are you serious or venting?
both...

Old
05-08-2013, 11:42 PM
TimtheDJ84*

Hitch to blame? No,the opportunities are there,the ****in players aren't burying them. Please,shoot wide again,please shoot high again..go ahead. Every ****in time I watch them get an odd man or pressure,I just expect it to miss the net.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:43 PM
uncommonsense52
(blue bleeder 24-7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitchDoug View Post
Kings play a game of limiting mistakes. As do the Blues. But we're making more mistakes right now. Blues are playing mostly great hockey but we have a tough opponent with a really tough goalie.

but i think my point in quoting you here is ... can you really name yourself "blue bleeder 24/7" and be that guy. i mean that in jest. I'm frustrated too but i look forward to these games too much to miss. its not over
I made the name 10 years ago when I was 13. Believe me, the Blues mean a lot to me too. Careful where you step in my basement right now, there's a few shards of broken things.

But I just have to accept that it's rigged. Because I just know it is. Call it a belief of sorts.

Old
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
combination of both imo
Elliott has played every bit as well as Quick. He stole game 2 for us. Kept us in game 3, and if not for him game 4 is a total blowout. He's done his job. It's time for the offense to put up or shut up. If we lose this series, it will be because of lack of finishing, not goaltending.

Last edited by MattyMo35: 05-09-2013 at 12:12 AM. Reason: Offensive.
Old
GrandPapillon*

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
The thing is, Backes can only do so much. He's clearly not a first line center, and we can't expect him to be, he simply doesn't have the skill to be one. I personally try not to question a player's captaincy due to the fact that we have no idea what goes on in the locker room, so no comment on that part.
Brewer wasn't a top pairing defenseman either. Didn't stop Blues fans from questioning his captaincy, manhood, or effort on a nightly basis or from harrassing his family while they attended games. Tired of the special treatment and excuses for Backes. He is cast as a 1st line center on this team and is failing at his role. That makes his ability to hold others accountable compromised because his play in his role is as big of a reason why this team underachieves as any other player on the team. Tired of the excuses. McDonald and Stewart are stealing money from the team. Effort is there from Backes Oshie and Perron, but more is expected at the professional level than effort.

Old
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Quote:
Halák isn't any more talented than Elliott. Elliott at his best is better than Halák. We can't judge Allen yet. He's got all of what, 15 games?
Yeah, I understand people were all about Allen but he hasn't played enough. He could very well have a losing streak at some point in the near future, then everyone would hate on him and want to kick him to the curb, too. I'm not saying we couldn't possibly give him a chance in the future, but saying he's our best right now is a bit hasty, I think.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Another note, as much as I've liked the JBo acquisition, I've noticed a common theme with him. Whenever the puck is dumped into our zone and it's along the boards, he tends to just quickly whip it around the boards without looking. It's been the cause of a few turnovers, and I wish he'd just take a look up, survey the situation, and make an outlet pass. He can clearly pass, but it seems he just wants to jam it up the boards whenever it's in our zone. Am I the only one to have noticed this?

Old
05-08-2013, 11:44 PM
superblues

Quote:
1- yes
2- sure
3- no
4- one more year
Hell, while I'm at it, what about Frank? He desperately wants to fit in with this team, but it's fairly clear to me that he doesn't.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:45 PM
Mike Liut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiko View Post
Yeah, I understand people were all about Allen but he hasn't played enough. He could very well have a losing streak at some point in the near future, then everyone would hate on him and want to kick him to the curb, too. I'm not saying we couldn't possibly give him a chance in the future, but saying he's our best right now is a bit hasty, I think.

I think Allen has the highest ceiling easily.

Old
05-08-2013, 11:46 PM
superblues

Quote:
In the next game, Allen will be stellar or get eaten alive. I wouldn't be willing to risk it.

Closed Thread