Closed Thread

Old
05-09-2013, 09:31 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Bay Trio View Post
Jesus Soj, did no one else read Duckaroosky's post in a similar manner? Last time I post anything funny on this board...
In all fairness I expect half my posts to be deleted usually they don't because there's a lot of activity and they slip in unnoticed. (That's what she said)

I realize I probably put the mods here in a difficult position because the higher ups may make a complaint that they let things get too lax on the boards they moderate. I should clean up my act.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:37 PM
Johnny Caravella
The Doctor is in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducks DVM View Post
Proof that Perry has gone deep into his well of tricks to find ways to "contribute"

[/QUOTE]

But I'm sure based on what I read here that Perry has never once been guilty of the calls against him in this series. I'm sure that's what I've read.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:40 PM
2faded

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sojourn View Post
Definitely. That, to me, was an example of trying to get to the middle of the ice. I think he has a nice combination of strength/power and speed and skill, that can allow him to drive through players or slip around them. I suspect he'll end up being a handful for defensemen for exactly that reason. But the common theme there is that he needs to try to go to the middle of the ice, if he's looking for a quality shot. And yeah, he's going to get rocked occasionally, but what are you going to do? That's hockey. Staying on the perimeter is easy, but who said scoring was supposed to be easy? Sometimes you need to get dirty, and get beat up, to make the right play. I don't think you can succeed in the NHL by playing it safe.

If he figures that out, watch the **** out.
Absolutely. I don't think he's purposefully staying on the outside though. Imo I think he was probably scoring a ton of goals like that in the lower levels. Just a guess, I never saw him play outside of the Ducks. He'll figure it out, and then yes, watch the **** out. Also, for staying on the outside, he still get's a ton of chances.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:47 PM
2faded

Quote:
Perry needs to calm down and just play his game, but nobody is accusing him of "carrying the team" right now - he's clearly snakebit or injured. I wish he'd stop overthinking it looking for the perfect shot and just shoot. My comment was if the kids want to be "carrying the team" they can't be missing open nets. I wasn't criticizing them for missing them (although I think it's nerves at being in the playoffs for Palmieri vs not really being NHL ready on offense for Etem)
Yea, they aren't carrying the team. We are definitely already out without them though. Of course, you could say the same about all the vets stepping up as well. To me, it's a little more significant that they are playing well because of their inexperience. Not saying their goals are more important that the vets either. More like a sign of good things to come. Watch out when everyone is on their game.

I don't think it's nerves for Palmieri either. He seems very comfortable on the ice and I don't think you make that move so smoothly beating the goalie with nerves. I think the puck just hopped his stick. I only watched it once though and was kind of faded so I could be wrong.

Old
05-09-2013, 09:48 PM
Sojourn
Global Moderator
Where's the kaboom?

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
Absolutely. I don't think he's purposefully staying on the outside though. Imo I think he was probably scoring a ton of goals like that in the lower levels. Just a guess, I never saw him play outside of the Ducks. He'll figure it out, and then yes, watch the **** out. Also, for staying on the outside, he still get's a ton of chances.
He did score more than a few from the perimeter. The defensemen in the WHL also gave him more lanes to drive to the middle. Yeah, I don't think he's doing it on purpose either. I think we're looking at some bad habits, that's all.

05-09-2013, 10:59 PM
snarktacular
Ducks tank is on!

vCash: 90
Quote:
Proof that Perry has gone deep into his well of tricks to find ways to "contribute"

In da nutz.

Old
05-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Papaspud
Vatman

vCash: 50
But I'm sure based on what I read here that Perry has never once been guilty of the calls against him in this series. I'm sure that's what I've read. [/QUOTE]

howard placed magnets in cup. Super strong magnets!
There was nothing Perry could do to keep his skate on the ice.

Old
05-10-2013, 12:49 AM
duckhead32686
For8ver Teemu

Send a message via AIM to duckhead32686
Forgot to post this when I got home last night. After ***** scored my 3 friend and I all yelled. "We have a huge *****" The Red Wing fans in front of us turned around having no clue why we just yelled that. Priceless.

Old
05-10-2013, 02:49 AM
1manband

Wings fans are *****ing all over NHL that Winnick should be suspended. saying he saw his numbers all the way blah blah. Cleary himself said "i didnt expect it"

Cleary turned his back on Winnick! maybe he should/ could have letup but its done. and Cleary, what do you think this is? soccer, its the damn NHL, stop admiring your pass, your going to get drilled you tool!!!

I do love the wings fans homer glasses though, completely ignoring a textbook board (Datsyuk on Beauch) that went uncalled!!! and cut Beach. were not all over there *****ing and calling for supsensions! Cant wait to be rid of these idiots!!!

Old
05-10-2013, 04:24 AM
JtotheLew

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2faded View Post
He was.. I watched Etem play a fair amount of games for Med Hat (I go to a lot of Warriors and Pats games, Warriors played Med Hat in playoffs his last season) and he would often fly up the ice and score with a textbook shot from a spot that would be at best low percentage in the NHL, and frankly in the WHL as well. It just seems like some guys are so fast that when they let a quick one go while they are skating at such a high speed and momentum it sometimes works for them, especially in the WHL where he was always noticibly way faster than everyone and goaltenders are weaker/not as developed, often being caught at a bad angle or out of position because they don't compensate properly for how fast he is skating.

It's one of the reasons I thought (and heard others say) that his insane goal scoring touch in the WHL, (61 in his last WHL season I think and something like 2.2 points per game in the playoffs? I heard the last player to get 60 before Etem was in 99 and by a 20 year old so that's very impressive) probably wouldn't translate the same to the NHL, he wasn't a goal scorer in the way a guy like Stamkos was. That being said he's a tremendous player and I think he will get his goal scoring going, but hes only been here a bit and it will take him a bit to figure out how he will put the puck in the net in the big boys league. I think Bruce is the guy to bring that out in him as well. Even if he doesn't turn into a phenomenal goal scorer he has shown tremendous grit and work ethic and will have value as a top 6 forward in a lot of ways.

Old
05-10-2013, 07:44 AM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckhead32686 View Post
Forgot to post this when I got home last night. After ***** scored my 3 friend and I all yelled. "We have a huge *****" The Red Wing fans in front of us turned around having no clue why we just yelled that. Priceless.
Should've winked at him lol

Old
05-10-2013, 08:18 AM
DigitalSea
Thank you Landon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaide View Post
I joined the bandwagon, because I want Koivu, as a Habs fan, to lift the cup now that we have been destroyed by the Sens.
Awesome! MTL is my second team and I often lurk their board as well.
Now that they are out Ducks are my last hope.

Old
05-10-2013, 08:33 AM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manband View Post
Wings fans are *****ing all over NHL that Winnick should be suspended. saying he saw his numbers all the way blah blah. Cleary himself said "i didnt expect it"

Cleary turned his back on Winnick! maybe he should/ could have letup but its done. and Cleary, what do you think this is? soccer, its the damn NHL, stop admiring your pass, your going to get drilled you tool!!!

I do love the wings fans homer glasses though, completely ignoring a textbook board (Datsyuk on Beauch) that went uncalled!!! and cut Beach. were not all over there *****ing and calling for supsensions! Cant wait to be rid of these idiots!!!
I don't think they would have left it at the major if Cleary hadn't come back.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:31 AM
Sirquacksalot
Meatbag o'Mediocrity

vCash: 620
Shouldn't there be a game 6 thread?

Old
05-10-2013, 11:35 AM
Fallenity

Despite how these playoffs end up going, I'm quite happy for next season. Even whether Selanne retires or not, I'd like to see him on the third line or a 2a / 2b kind of situation.

Palmieri - Getzlaf - Perry
Ryan - Bonino - Etem
Cogliano - Koivu - Winnik / Selanne
Beleskey - Steckel - Maroon / Winnik / Dvorak?

Looks pretty solid imo.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:38 AM
Ilyeu

A lot of habs fan are behind you guys. Go Saku!

Should you guys meet Ottawa in the final, by some miracle they get there, smoke em 4-0!

Old
05-10-2013, 12:17 PM
jarmoismyhero

If the Blues dont win cup normally I have a team I want to win but mainly it just means not Detroit...However this year I will be rooting for the Ducks to win it all harder then anything...Just got a JSA Certified 2013 Ducks jersey with all the players signed on the front for 200...Guy was desperate so I got it cheap to begin with and I would imagine the value will skyrocket if they win cup this year

Closed Thread