HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL | Playoffs Edition

Closed Thread

Old
05-19-2013, 12:28 PM
Icelevel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by littleD View Post
http://kuklaskorner.com/hockey/comme...o-come-on-boys

Mic'd up from round 1. A few Sens moments in there, including hip hip hooray like a bunch of kids at the end.
Karl to Cowen:

"Don't slash anyone, or hook anyone, or crosscheck anyone or punch anyone"

Old
05-19-2013, 02:00 PM
tehdee

not around the nhl per se...
but the whc finals are being played in front of a great crowd in Globen in Stockholm right now---
I heard that Swiss newspapers are referring to their making the finals as one of the greatest moments in Swiss sports history.
Could it be Swiss's coming-out-party as a dominant player in international hockey!?

Whatever it is... I still cant help but grind my teeth when I see Marty Gerber in any jersey...

Old
05-19-2013, 02:02 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdee View Post
but the whc finals are being played in front of a great crowd in Globen in Stockholm right now---
I heard that Swiss newspapers are referring to their making the finals as one of the greatest moments in Swiss sports history.
Could it be Swiss's coming-out-party as a dominant player in international hockey!?

Whatever it is... I still cant help but grind my teeth when I see Marty Gerber in any jersey...
I love Swiss players. It's amazing how far that country has come in terms of creating quality hockey players.

Old
05-19-2013, 02:02 PM
mcnorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehdee View Post

Would love to see the Swiss take this - would be such a great story.

I wish Gerber played as well for the Sens as he does for Switzerland. He played some good games for us, but he's usually great in international play.

Old
05-19-2013, 02:10 PM
tehdee

i'd also love to see the swiss take it-- great story so far.
game is heating up a bit too.

will be great to see how the swiss fare next year in sochi, off the heels of this performance.

Old
05-19-2013, 02:27 PM
Deku Scrub

vCash: 50
Sick goal by Krug!! Caught the pass through his legs then sniped it past Lundqvist. Two goals in his first two playoff games for the rookie D-man!

Old
05-19-2013, 02:54 PM
KarlSen

Watching the Bruins-Rangers game, sure looks a lot slower than the Pens-Sens.

Old
05-19-2013, 03:17 PM
Karl Cowensson
I has cheezburger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deku Scrub View Post
Sick goal by Krug!! Caught the pass through his legs then sniped it past Lundqvist. Two goals in his first two playoff games for the rookie D-man!
Apparently if Krug kicks it through his legs its an automatic goal. Sweet Alfie he did almost the same move on the assist for the second goal.

Old
05-19-2013, 03:19 PM
L'Aveuglette
Road to 20K

vCash: 1000
Amazing goal by Nash to tie things up. I have no idea why he doesn't pull those moves on a regular basis.

Old
05-19-2013, 03:25 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
Amazing goal by Nash to tie things up. I have no idea why he doesn't pull those moves on a regular basis.
Yup. The double standards in hockey is crazy. If he were named Rickzi Nashakov I guarantee people would be calling him a 'heartless anemic Russian'. But he's Canadian, so he just has 'consistency issues'

Old
05-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Novak Djokovic
MARC METHOT's #1 FAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Yup. The double standards in hockey is crazy. If he were named Rickzi Nashakov I guarantee people would be calling him a 'heartless anemic Russian'. But he's Canadian, so he just has 'consistency issues'
I agree.

Both Nash and Richards have been awful for the Rangers in the playoffs. Semin got crap for a lot less. But I think the difference here is that the Rangers aren't out of the playoffs. Once (or if) they're out, then let's judge the reaction.

Old
05-19-2013, 04:31 PM
L'Aveuglette
Road to 20K

vCash: 1000
Ouch, Bruins are walking all over the Rangers. That series might be shorter than I thought.

Old
05-19-2013, 04:32 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Only thing the Rangers are winning today was that fight by Dorsett. Dude is such a good fighter.

Old
05-19-2013, 05:03 PM
Flamingo

Would you look at all that black and yellow the Sens will have to get through to make the SCF!

Old
05-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

Quote:
I love Swiss players. It's amazing how far that country has come in terms of creating quality hockey players.
Agreed. Love seeing countries like Switzerland, France and Germany make a few waves. Hockey desperately needs more countries to develop their games and grow the sport.

Old
05-19-2013, 05:36 PM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

Quote:
Originally Posted by L'Aveuglette View Post
Agreed.

With his size, skill and sweet hands, he should be a 90-point+ player. Even considering he was with a basement dweller in Columbus, he has been an underachiever for most of his career.

Seems like he takes quite a few games off or lacks consistent drive.

Old
05-19-2013, 05:39 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Agreed.

With his size, skill and sweet hands, he should be a 90-point+ player. Even considering he was with a basement dweller in Columbus, he has been an underachiever for most of his career.

Seems like he takes quite a few games off or lacks consistent drive.
Its crazy why he doesn't get more flack. Being in Columbus didn't stop guys from getting on Zherdev, Filatov et al. Not that Nash is that low level, but still most guys non canadian would have been shat on more then Nash has been.

Old
05-19-2013, 06:32 PM
KarlSen

Was watching the NBC feed of the Bruins- Rangers. Pierre between the benches reported on exchange between the ref (O'Halloran?). Torts yelling at him about an uncalled elbow and the ref firing back something along the lines of - "But that's they way you like to play it."

Old
05-20-2013, 01:41 AM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

vCash: 145
Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
3 stars around the NHL tonight;

1. Craig Anderson 49/50 saves, .980sv%
2. Colin Greening 1G
3. Torey Krug 1G 1A

Old
05-20-2013, 05:45 AM
bacon25

Quote:
Its crazy why he doesn't get more flack. Being in Columbus didn't stop guys from getting on Zherdev, Filatov et al. Not that Nash is that low level, but still most guys non canadian would have been shat on more then Nash has been.
Try looking at the trade threads for Nash, he gets plenty of flack from HF boards, as for the media, he doesn't get as much flack because he was consistently the best player for their team. Nash has also been the best forward for the Rangers this season. Mason is Canadian and he got plenty of flack, I would actually say that Canadian players get more flack than other nationalities. I get what your saying, I mean sure there is the "lazy russian" stereotype, but I haven't heard of labels for Swedish players, or Czechs or whatever. The problems in Columbus went deeper than Nash not being able to carry the team to the post season, I doubt Crosby could have made that team any better.

Anyways just my two cents.

Old
05-20-2013, 08:33 AM
Nac Mac Feegle
wee & free

Quote:
Originally Posted by All Alfie View Post
Was watching the NBC feed of the Bruins- Rangers. Pierre between the benches reported on exchange between the ref (O'Halloran?). Torts yelling at him about an uncalled elbow and the ref firing back something along the lines of - "But that's they way you like to play it."
Just another symptom of the problem with this league.

Players and coaches are supposed to yell and complain about calls/non-calls (to an extent). It's part of the overall gamesmanship. I get it that Torts would give the guy heck to try and get a call later on in the game.

For the refs to respond is poor self control. Refs are supposed to be above the verbal jousting. Either skate away or call a bench minor.

Old
05-20-2013, 01:01 PM
Ice-Tray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac Mac Feegle View Post
Just another symptom of the problem with this league.

Players and coaches are supposed to yell and complain about calls/non-calls (to an extent). It's part of the overall gamesmanship. I get it that Torts would give the guy heck to try and get a call later on in the game.

For the refs to respond is poor self control. Refs are supposed to be above the verbal jousting. Either skate away or call a bench minor.
Not really at all. No one is "supposed" to complain about calls (McLean rarely complains), the refs almost always go to the benches to discuss calls, or listen to the coaches concerns, and the refs are also people, not policy bots. I think this kind of post is symptomatic of what is wrong with fans more than the league. Enough of this woe is me crap (not singling you out here).

We also have no idea what the tone of the supposed retort was, also, it was passed on through the words of another (think the game telephone.) Too easy to jump to conclusions and get worked up over something that has very little actual evidence to back up.

The refs will always talk a little to the coaches, and generally hear them out. I have no problem with them standing up for themselves when a coach goes at them at the bench. The refs have always responded to players and coaches who abuse them, and when pushed too far throw a bench minor or unsportsmanlike out. The idea that they are above what happens on the ice, and don't engage in verbal back and forths is a myth.

They just have to be as fair and as consistent with their calls, that is all that is required. And for the record, I think it's a difficult and thankless task.

Old
05-20-2013, 07:52 PM
Do Make Say Think
& Yet & Yet

Chicago starts to choke

Old
05-20-2013, 07:54 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

I'm loving the way the Wings are playing right now.

Anyone notice how cheap Toews is playing today? Holy shnikes...

Old
05-20-2013, 07:59 PM
wubwubwubwub
What, Me Worry?

I love how Detroit is playing right now.

Closed Thread