HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013/14 Binghamton Senators Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
12-19-2013, 10:01 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mianjo View Post
Zeke mine was taken from the ECHL transactions site, maybe it takes 2 days longer to get on there.

"Mianjo":

News must travel by covered wagon in the ECHL I guess???????

Old
12-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Icelevel
little bit better

When does Cole Schneider get a shot?
I'd like to see that. He better get one. Pretty good 2way numbers in bingo.

How consistent is his play? Any big holes?

Old
12-21-2013, 11:59 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Leading point man for Elmira is

72 Jakub Culek F 17 4 11 15 +8 4 1 1

Old
12-21-2013, 12:49 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Quote:
Leading point man for Elmira is

72 Jakub Culek F 17 4 11 15 +8 4 1 1
21 yrs old. i still like his potential as a bottom 6 defensive guy

Old
12-21-2013, 02:12 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
@KateKrenzer has just followed @Bobbyklink

Old
12-24-2013, 11:45 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Bears sign Ryan Potulny Binghamton Calder Cup winner 2011

Bears sign Ryan Potulny
December 22, 2013

The Hershey Bears announced Sunday that the club has signed forward Ryan Potulny to an American Hockey League contract.

Potulny, 29, returns to Chocolatetown after signing with Avangard Omsk (KHL) in May. He did not appear in any games.

Following his signing by the Washington Capitals to a two-year deal in July 2011, Potulny played a total of 127 regular-season games in a Hershey sweater. In his first season with the Bears, the 6-foot, 179-pound native of Grand Forks, N.D., led the team and tied for third in the AHL with 33 goals. His 65 points placed him third among his Hershey teammates. Of his 33 tallies, 19 came on the power play, which paced the entire American Hockey League. Potulny also led the Bears with five game-winning goals.

In 2012-13, Potulny led the Bears with 19 goals, while his 41 points ranked fourth on the squad.

Before joining the Bears, Potulny helped the Binghamton Senators to the 2011 Calder Cup championship, leading the AHL with 14 goals and 26 points during the postseason.

Via AHL Website.....

Old
12-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
Bears sign Ryan Potulny
December 22, 2013

The Hershey Bears announced Sunday that the club has signed forward Ryan Potulny to an American Hockey League contract.

Potulny, 29, returns to Chocolatetown after signing with Avangard Omsk (KHL) in May. He did not appear in any games.

Following his signing by the Washington Capitals to a two-year deal in July 2011, Potulny played a total of 127 regular-season games in a Hershey sweater. In his first season with the Bears, the 6-foot, 179-pound native of Grand Forks, N.D., led the team and tied for third in the AHL with 33 goals. His 65 points placed him third among his Hershey teammates. Of his 33 tallies, 19 came on the power play, which paced the entire American Hockey League. Potulny also led the Bears with five game-winning goals.

In 2012-13, Potulny led the Bears with 19 goals, while his 41 points ranked fourth on the squad.

Before joining the Bears, Potulny helped the Binghamton Senators to the 2011 Calder Cup championship, leading the AHL with 14 goals and 26 points during the postseason.

Via AHL Website.....
This signing is an odd lateral move for Ryan moving forward in his career, but more or less of a typical Hershey one..not sure how much is left in the tank for Potulny given his recent shoulder injury.

Whether or not he plays his first game of the season against Bingo on Thursday remains to be seen.

Old
12-24-2013, 11:29 PM
Emerica
Thank You Alfie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
21 yrs old. i still like his potential as a bottom 6 defensive guy
It's still his first year as a pro. Baby steps.

Old
12-31-2013, 12:21 AM
Sens Mile

How is Schnider playing guys? Is he a top six or bottom six guy if he transitioned to the NHL?

Old
12-31-2013, 11:42 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Stone called up.....

12/31/2013

Mark Stone (RW)
Binghamton DEL
Recalled from loan by
Ottawa (NHL)

Via AHL Website.....

Old
01-01-2014, 02:10 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Ludwig Karlsson reassigned to Binghamton by Ottawa...

01/01/2014

Ludwig Karlsson (F)
Binghamton ADD
Reassigned by
Ottawa (NHL)
from Elmira (ECHL)

Via AHL Website.....

Old
01-02-2014, 10:00 AM
tenpinsplit

Quote:
01/01/2014

Ludwig Karlsson (F)
Binghamton ADD
Reassigned by
Ottawa (NHL)
from Elmira (ECHL)

Via AHL Website.....
i wonder if this means either cowick or grant are injured. grant left early in the game and cowick blocked that shot at the end.

Old
01-02-2014, 04:37 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpinsplit View Post
i wonder if this means either cowick or grant are injured. grant left early in the game and cowick blocked that shot at the end.
"Tenpinsplit":

Grant has a pulled muscle no idea how long he could be out, on Cowick he ate that shot off his leg somewhere no idea if he will miss any games.

Add to that Kramer being out injured, Stone called up to Ottawa. I guess Ludwig is needed to fill out the lineup.......

All we need with 3 games this weekend~~~~~~ººººººº!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-03-2014, 02:57 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Game day with Gradyºººººº~~~~~!!!!!!!

Game day with Grady for tonites game against Manchester.......

Manchester @ Binghamton 7:00 PM tonite.....

Link below enjoy.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvUc3...ure=youtu.be&a

Old
01-03-2014, 04:03 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

vCash: 265
Would not be surprised if you got Pageau back soon once Spezza is back.

Old
01-03-2014, 05:29 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Would not be surprised if you got Pageau back soon once Spezza is back.

"Qward":

To be honest who can figure out what Ottawa is going to do @ times what they do completely baffles me..........

Then again with the budget constraints of the Sens now B Murray's hands are tied. I am sure if he could take on more salary he would do things differently.....

I would Not want his job no thank you life is hard enough........

As for Pageau has his play slipped enough to send him back to Binghamton?????

Old
01-03-2014, 06:59 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
"Qward":

To be honest who can figure out what Ottawa is going to do @ times what they do completely baffles me..........

Then again with the budget constraints of the Sens now B Murray's hands are tied. I am sure if he could take on more salary he would do things differently.....

I would Not want his job no thank you life is hard enough........

As for Pageau has his play slipped enough to send him back to Binghamton?????
Zeke

I can!!!

They do like every NHL team does when they hit injuries... call back players from the AHL

Thing is Ottawa those years is more inclined to give young prospects a chance because they are in a youth movement (or rebuild if you prefer)

I would pissed like hell if they weren't calling up prospects that they drafted and invested (time and money) in... and sign some forgotten players out of Europe instead

Old
01-04-2014, 01:25 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
Zeke

I can!!!

They do like every NHL team does when they hit injuries... call back players from the AHL

Thing is Ottawa those years is more inclined to give young prospects a chance because they are in a youth movement (or rebuild if you prefer)

I would pissed like hell if they weren't calling up prospects that they drafted and invested (time and money) in... and sign some forgotten players out of Europe instead

"Xspyrit":

You can figure out what Ottawa is planning to do all the time I am going to start calling you Harry Houdini then or the magic man~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shocking news that when a player gets hurt up top they call a player up from Binghamton to replace him.

Ottawa is in a rebuild next you will tell me it started in 2011, so you are telling me that youth must be served. So the plan is to have younger players up in Ottawa, thanks for that information!!!!!!!!!

You would be pissed if Ottawa signed players out of Europe rather than call up a draft pick from Binghamton, well we agree on that..... In my view that would be crazy no NHL team would do that well maybe ....... wouldººº!!!!!!!!!!!

Xspyrit you are just so full of information with the gift of being able to figure out what Ottawa is going to do at all times you must be Harry Houdini as no one else can figure out what they are going to do all the time......

So kind of you to share your insight on this blog~~!!!!!!!!!!!

As us mortals must start to pay attention to you

As I have been watching this game longer than you have taken breaths on this planet and now I know that players get called up to Ottawa from Binghamton thank you for your insight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old
01-04-2014, 09:59 AM
Xspyrit

Quote:
"Xspyrit":

You can figure out what Ottawa is planning to do all the time I am going to start calling you Harry Houdini then or the magic man~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shocking news that when a player gets hurt up top they call a player up from Binghamton to replace him.

Ottawa is in a rebuild next you will tell me it started in 2011, so you are telling me that youth must be served. So the plan is to have younger players up in Ottawa, thanks for that information!!!!!!!!!

You would be pissed if Ottawa signed players out of Europe rather than call up a draft pick from Binghamton, well we agree on that..... In my view that would be crazy no NHL team would do that well maybe ....... wouldººº!!!!!!!!!!!

Xspyrit you are just so full of information with the gift of being able to figure out what Ottawa is going to do at all times you must be Harry Houdini as no one else can figure out what they are going to do all the time......

So kind of you to share your insight on this blog~~!!!!!!!!!!!

As us mortals must start to pay attention to you

As I have been watching this game longer than you have taken breaths on this planet and now I know that players get called up to Ottawa from Binghamton thank you for your insight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
At least I have taken enough breaths on this planet to not get worked up by that kind of post

I'm not sure why you took it this way but sorry Zeke, didn't mean to piss you off

All I am saying (outside of stating the obvious lol) is that the Sens WANT to see what they have in the AHL as much as possible and they do it while having budget constraints. Since they are in a rebuild, they recall a variety a player for auditions. It's really important to know what they could have in the future to make better decisions in the off-seasons. It's not like some other teams who might always call-up the same guys because they are already contending so they call up the safer guys. However, we see that less and less because of the reality of the cap. Teams need to find future cheaper options all the time.

IMO, Bingo has been lucky to have been able to hold long enough on players like Hoffman, Da Costa and Wideman. They are killing it this year. Unfortunately it might be their last year with Bingo, who I hope have a bigger budget than Ottawa for next summer.

That being said, I still don't get what baffles you... but no worries

Peace out

Last edited by Xspyrit: 01-04-2014 at 10:05 AM.
Old
01-04-2014, 03:42 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xspyrit View Post
At least I have taken enough breaths on this planet to not get worked up by that kind of post

I'm not sure why you took it this way but sorry Zeke, didn't mean to piss you off

All I am saying (outside of stating the obvious lol) is that the Sens WANT to see what they have in the AHL as much as possible and they do it while having budget constraints. Since they are in a rebuild, they recall a variety a player for auditions. It's really important to know what they could have in the future to make better decisions in the off-seasons. It's not like some other teams who might always call-up the same guys because they are already contending so they call up the safer guys. However, we see that less and less because of the reality of the cap. Teams need to find future cheaper options all the time.

IMO, Bingo has been lucky to have been able to hold long enough on players like Hoffman, Da Costa and Wideman. They are killing it this year. Unfortunately it might be their last year with Bingo, who I hope have a bigger budget than Ottawa for next summer.

That being said, I still don't get what baffles you... but no worries

Peace out

"Xspyrit":

Well when the temp here goes down to -10ºF I get a bit miserable & cranky, I am entitled @ my age. Thought some body parts very dear to me where going to freeze and fall off last nite~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add to that it was too cold to go to the game last nite for me so had to watch it on AOL live......................... I miss not going to see my games as they get me out of the house...............

I took the post differently from you Xspyrit as saying that you could figure out what Ottawa was going to do at all times with EVERYTHING they do... No way anybody can do that, Hell not even GM B Murray..................

I agree with call ups from Binghamton I want the players to live their dream of playing in the NHL, as they worked so dam hard to get there. That is what the AHL is here for we all know that.............. Yes I agree Ottawa needs the cheaper younger players to save $$$$$ with the Melnyk budget.

In fact the Ottawa team has disappointed me this season I figured they would be playing much better. I know the Ottawa players as well as I know the Binghamton players + I have seen most of them play down here. I want Ottawa to do well as those are my boys playing up top now.......................

The Melnyk internal budget I am Not overjoyed with it as it ties
B Murray's hands on moves that he can make, so it makes his job harder...............

I just hope next yr the Ottawa budget will go way up perhaps not to the cap but closer to it..........

Binghamton is playing much better than I thought they would be so far this season.. Coach Luke has them working pretty hard, I am proud of them..........................

To close I have to give you a little shot Xspyrit once in awhile to see if you are paying attention.

Being honest no 2 posters agree on everything here, but you have to remember this I am right and you are wrong remember that and we will get along fine just kidding!!!!!!!

All the best in 2014 to you Xspyrit

Old
01-04-2014, 10:40 PM
Xspyrit

Quote:
"Xspyrit":

Well when the temp here goes down to -10ºF I get a bit miserable & cranky, I am entitled @ my age. Thought some body parts very dear to me where going to freeze and fall off last nite~~~~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Add to that it was too cold to go to the game last nite for me so had to watch it on AOL live......................... I miss not going to see my games as they get me out of the house...............

I took the post differently from you Xspyrit as saying that you could figure out what Ottawa was going to do at all times with EVERYTHING they do... No way anybody can do that, Hell not even GM B Murray..................

I agree with call ups from Binghamton I want the players to live their dream of playing in the NHL, as they worked so dam hard to get there. That is what the AHL is here for we all know that.............. Yes I agree Ottawa needs the cheaper younger players to save $$$$$ with the Melnyk budget.

In fact the Ottawa team has disappointed me this season I figured they would be playing much better. I know the Ottawa players as well as I know the Binghamton players + I have seen most of them play down here. I want Ottawa to do well as those are my boys playing up top now.......................

The Melnyk internal budget I am Not overjoyed with it as it ties
B Murray's hands on moves that he can make, so it makes his job harder...............

I just hope next yr the Ottawa budget will go way up perhaps not to the cap but closer to it..........

Binghamton is playing much better than I thought they would be so far this season.. Coach Luke has them working pretty hard, I am proud of them..........................

To close I have to give you a little shot Xspyrit once in awhile to see if you are paying attention.

Being honest no 2 posters agree on everything here, but you have to remember this I am right and you are wrong remember that and we will get along fine just kidding!!!!!!!

All the best in 2014 to you Xspyrit
No worries Zeke, I think you are a great guy (or man lol), remember this is the internet, not as easy to communicate as it looks.

I can't really understand what it is to be an AHL team's fan, but yeah I understand that it must be hard sometimes cause your team gets rolling and then the best players get called up, which is logic in the end. They're not going to call up Wacey Hamilton and Eckford! lol

IMO the team reacts on needs, and call up specific players depending on injuries. As weird as it sounds, Stone replaces Neil, because they both play RW, not necessarily for style of play. In the next 2 years you are going to witness a lot of those guys graduate to the NHL. That's how good Murray is at drafting and signing players. But, new blood will come in! The good thing with Murray crew is that they keep on filling the pool. you're going to love Dzingel and McCormick in a year or two. And sorry, you probably won't see much of Lazar...

This week has been a total pain in the ass. When you have a 2010 car and it has trouble starting, something is definitely wrong, but don't worry for me, I'm about to move to Mexico

All the best to you too for 2014 and get somebody from your family to bring you to games or we're going to kick their *****

Old
01-07-2014, 10:13 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Injury report

Center Derek Grant has missed three games with a muscle pull but could be back Wednesday against Rochester if everything responds well in practice. Grant left the ice in the first period of the team’s 3-2 victory over Norfolk on New Year’s Eve.

Richardson said Grant started skating Saturday and the team will keep bumping up the intensity of his workouts.

“Hopefully he’ll make progression early in the week and maybe he’ll be there Wednesday — but if not we hope to have him for the weekend,” Richardson said. Forward Darren Kramer, who suffered a hand injury in a fight with Hershey’s Michael Latta on Dec. 14, returned to the lineup on Saturday after missing six games.

Via the Press Sun-Bulletin

Old
01-07-2014, 09:21 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Center Derek Grant has missed three games with a muscle pull but could be back Wednesday against Rochester if everything responds well in practice. Grant left the ice in the first period of the team’s 3-2 victory over Norfolk on New Year’s Eve.

Richardson said Grant started skating Saturday and the team will keep bumping up the intensity of his workouts.

“Hopefully he’ll make progression early in the week and maybe he’ll be there Wednesday — but if not we hope to have him for the weekend,” Richardson said. Forward Darren Kramer, who suffered a hand injury in a fight with Hershey’s Michael Latta on Dec. 14, returned to the lineup on Saturday after missing six games.

Via the Press Sun-Bulletin
Thanks again for the update Zeke ... all the best buddy stay safe & warm in 2014.

Old
01-09-2014, 02:34 PM
The EnigmatiC Soul

Send a message via MSN to The EnigmatiC Soul
Congrats to your boy Hoffman on his AHL All Star Selection. He will now be headed over to Sweden to compete in the game against färjestad BK.

Pretty cool time to earn the all star nod!

Old
01-09-2014, 09:59 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The EnigmatiC Soul View Post
Congrats to your boy Hoffman on his AHL All Star Selection. He will now be headed over to Sweden to compete in the game against färjestad BK.

Pretty cool time to earn the all star nod!
Game is being played in St John's..

Mike Hoffman Selected To AHL All-Star Classic

http://senshot.com/2014/01/09/mike-h...-star-classic/

Closed Thread