HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013/14 Binghamton Senators Discussion Thread

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
07-10-2013, 04:40 PM
  #76
Ouroboros
Registered User
 
Ouroboros's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,064
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
DaCosta can't be around much longer i wouldn't think. If he has any value. Might have to wait for him to continue to play well and add some value for a trade.
Lots of talk that he's bolting for Europe.

Ouroboros is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 04:49 PM
  #77
Qward
Because! That's why!
 
Qward's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Behind you, look out
Posts: 14,056
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Lots of talk that he's bolting for Europe.
Wouldn't blame him.

Too bad, victim of depth.

Qward is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 08:59 PM
  #78
Mika Zibanejad
Free the Oppressed
 
Mika Zibanejad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Palestine
Country: Palestine
Posts: 4,723
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ouroboros View Post
Lots of talk that he's bolting for Europe.
can't we just trade his rights away instead, lets not kill his nhl career because of depth

Mika Zibanejad is offline  
Old
07-10-2013, 10:49 PM
  #79
newerabegins
Registered User
 
newerabegins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,392
vCash: 500
It's really too bad we have depth at the center position. Da Costa, I'm pretty sure of it, can become a solid #2 center with top PP minutes. Only thing he has to work on is his strength and commitment to becoming a complete player.

Calgary should take a flyer on him.

newerabegins is online now  
Old
07-10-2013, 10:52 PM
  #80
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,060
vCash: 500
No way DeCosta is back..and I doubt Petersson will live up to his last year as well..if Andre was that serious about his NA career he would have come back from injury late last season for the playoffs

Ski is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 06:41 PM
  #81
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Is there anywhere to check rumors of what type of moves Tim Murray might be doing with Binghamton this off season? I am interested in finding out whether he is considering bringing in a veteran heavyweight. I read recently that Vitayaz of the KHL has mutually agreed with Trevor Gillies and Jeremy Yablonski to terminate their contracts. I am not sure whether they are planning to stay in the KHL or come back to North America, but I would be a fan of bringing either in on a two way contract. With Cannone getting traded, it looks like the only player over 25 are Tyler Eckford and Nathan Lawson. Both Yablonski and Gillies would help to establish a bit more veteran leadership as well as create a more physical presence on the ice.


Aside from that, is there any talk about bringing in a more veteran scorer? From a few of the conversations I have had with Binghamton fans, that seems to be a pertinent need going into this season. Also with the risk of both Da Costa and Petersson going to Europe as well as a few prospects potentially making the jump (Pageau, Stone, Dziurzynski and Hoffman) it might be a bit much to ask some of the younger players to carry the offensive load. Are there any players who are still available that you guys think Tim Murray should target?

Berserker* is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 06:43 PM
  #82
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qward View Post
Wouldn't blame him.

Too bad, victim of depth.
Do you know if there is any validity to him skipping out on the development camp last year? I remember hearing on team 1200 that he was invited but decided to stay at Merrimack with his girlfriend and then showed up to training camp out of shape. I was interested in knowing whether this was just pure speculation on their part.

Berserker* is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 08:39 PM
  #83
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Is there anywhere to check rumors of what type of moves Tim Murray might be doing with Binghamton this off season? I am interested in finding out whether he is considering bringing in a veteran heavyweight. I read recently that Vitayaz of the KHL has mutually agreed with Trevor Gillies and Jeremy Yablonski to terminate their contracts. I am not sure whether they are planning to stay in the KHL or come back to North America, but I would be a fan of bringing either in on a two way contract. With Cannone getting traded, it looks like the only player over 25 are Tyler Eckford and Nathan Lawson. Both Yablonski and Gillies would help to establish a bit more veteran leadership as well as create a more physical presence on the ice.


Aside from that, is there any talk about bringing in a more veteran scorer? From a few of the conversations I have had with Binghamton fans, that seems to be a pertinent need going into this season. Also with the risk of both Da Costa and Petersson going to Europe as well as a few prospects potentially making the jump (Pageau, Stone, Dziurzynski and Hoffman) it might be a bit much to ask some of the younger players to carry the offensive load. Are there any players who are still available that you guys think Tim Murray should target?
According to Elite Prospects we are currently the youngest team in the A..we need a vet forward and a physical vet as well..Bingo got bumped pretty handedly over the 2nd half of the season right into the playoffs and teams know it..

I don't know if bringing in the circus act of Yabo or Gilles would serve any purpose, seems that stage of the game, the way the A is playing now, fighting has taken a bit of a back seat and more towards skilled players/prospects..and I really don't think Luke wants that type of player as that hasn't been his coaching style

Edit: This has just started up and it's good AHL info
http://americanhockeyblog.wordpress.com/

Edit2: Coaching


Last edited by Ski: 07-12-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Ski is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 09:41 PM
  #84
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
According to Elite Prospects we are currently the youngest team in the A..we need a vet forward and a physical vet as well..Bingo got bumped pretty handedly over the 2nd half of the season right into the playoffs and teams know it..

I don't know if bringing in the circus act of Yabo or Gilles would serve any purpose, seems that stage of the game, the way the A is playing now, fighting has taken a bit of a back seat and more towards skilled players/prospects..and I really don't think Luke wants that type of player as that hasn't been his style

Edit: This has just started up and it's good AHL info
http://americanhockeyblog.wordpress.com/
Well Richardson was a prominent fighter who fought fairly frequently throughout his career and I believe he is good friends with Tie Domi, so I would be a bit surprised if he was against bringing in a player like Yablonski or Gillies. He also seemed to be trying to get the Senators to be meaner and more consistently physical, so Yablonski or Gillies could help lead the way in that regard.

It is unfortunate that there aren't better information sources available to identify news or rumors regarding the B Sens. It makes me miss Joy Lindsay; she did a tremendous job of offering insight into the Senators as well as respond directly to tweets.

Berserker* is offline  
Old
07-12-2013, 09:52 PM
  #85
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Well Richardson was a prominent fighter who fought fairly frequently throughout his career and I believe he is good friends with Tie Domi, so I would be a bit surprised if he was against bringing in a player like Yablonski or Gillies. He also seemed to be trying to get the Senators to be meaner and more consistently physical, so Yablonski or Gillies could help lead the way in that regard.

It is unfortunate that there aren't better information sources available to identify news or rumors regarding the B Sens. It makes me miss Joy Lindsay; she did a tremendous job of offering insight into the Senators as well as respond directly to tweets.
Well, I'll take this fighting issue a tad further..I know Luke's past but he wants his player's to be smart and pick a fight when/if deemed feasible..case in point Boro, Luke has reeled and turned him in to a better D man and to pick his spots when it's right, and Boro very noticeably heeded his words..he walked away from many confrontations last season where as before he would be goaded into a penalty that was after the whistle..point is he has become disciplined

You really think Luke wants a Yabo into the line up that brings zero discipline?? Ya I know he's not a prospect but a goon nonetheless

Ski is offline  
Old
07-13-2013, 12:26 AM
  #86
God Says No
Registered User
 
God Says No's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
No need for goons in Bingo. Boro, DD, Sdao, Kramer are enough. These guys can actually play unlike meatheads like Yablonski or Gillies.

God Says No is offline  
Old
07-13-2013, 03:57 PM
  #87
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...
 
ZekeA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the Cup is
Country: Nepal
Posts: 2,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Is there anywhere to check rumors of what type of moves Tim Murray might be doing with Binghamton this off season? I am interested in finding out whether he is considering bringing in a veteran heavyweight. I read recently that Vitayaz of the KHL has mutually agreed with Trevor Gillies and Jeremy Yablonski to terminate their contracts. I am not sure whether they are planning to stay in the KHL or come back to North America, but I would be a fan of bringing either in on a two way contract. With Cannone getting traded, it looks like the only player over 25 are Tyler Eckford and Nathan Lawson. Both Yablonski and Gillies would help to establish a bit more veteran leadership as well as create a more physical presence on the ice.


Aside from that, is there any talk about bringing in a more veteran scorer? From a few of the conversations I have had with Binghamton fans, that seems to be a pertinent need going into this season. Also with the risk of both Da Costa and Petersson going to Europe as well as a few prospects potentially making the jump (Pageau, Stone, Dziurzynski and Hoffman) it might be a bit much to ask some of the younger players to carry the offensive load. Are there any players who are still available that you guys think Tim Murray should target?


Bruiser:

I do NOT think Ottawa would be interested in Yabo at all, for all practical purposes he was done after Big Mac destroyed him, he will never be the same after that..................

I like the fighting part of the game as that was what I was raised on in the early days with the Dusters down here in the old NAHL (ECHL) bucket of blood league. God how I love to watch hockey players fight as I always said a good fight never hurt a good hockey game, but those glory days are gone now with the AHL today we have less fighting those that we see now are more holding and hugging than good old time fights where they boxed and hit each other a lot more...............

With the Binghamton roster I think Sdao, Boro, Kramer can do the job, do NOT add DD to that list as kid should always leave the gloves on as he is a very good catcher when he fights..........

In the AHL you can tell how good the teams will be that yr by the free agents that are signed by the parent teams in early July as those free agents will be the soul of your team. AHL website lists all those signings............... Also if you do NOT sign the good free agents quickly all of them are signed fast, so then you are left with the lesser players, who are just not that good to be honest.

As for what T Murray is planning to do down here we have no idea when Joy Lindsay departed so went our news source, man that replaced Joy coverage is piss poor and I am being kind..........

To get any reports about the team fans go to practice and then tell us about it, not regular or timely way to get info...............

Rumors yes we hear them all the time, just like in Ottawa, mostly BS. So I will never post a rumor just not like me to do that, as I keep my posts as accurate to the best of my ability............

If I am asked for my opinion on this blog I will reply as others have done when I ask questions..............

ZekeA is offline  
Old
07-13-2013, 04:07 PM
  #88
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,060
vCash: 500



Ski is offline  
Old
07-14-2013, 06:04 PM
  #89
sens83
Registered User
 
sens83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post


Yabo died that night as far as I am concerned.

sens83 is offline  
Old
07-15-2013, 08:48 AM
  #90
sens83
Registered User
 
sens83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
Trying to figure out what the team is going to look like and where the holes are. My guesses for lines are below. Defense looks solid, goaltending is iffy, forwards look solid be we have a few holes. I'm going to assume Hoffman and Cowick are resigned to fit into the two slots that are missing. Who are the depth forwards? How does this look? Looking at this, you can see why Noesen would be expendable, a glutton on skilled/scoring forwards.

Petersson - ?? - Stone
Puemple - Grant - Prince
DD - Hamilton - Robinson
Schneider - Culek - ??
Kramer
??

Boro - Ceci
Wideman - Sdao
Claesson - Rutkowski
Eckford
Blood

Lawson
Hammond

sens83 is offline  
Old
07-15-2013, 11:13 AM
  #91
Icelevel
Best Coaches Coach
 
Icelevel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,461
vCash: 500
hoffman cowick

pageau? possibility (i think pretty unlikely though)

Icelevel is offline  
Old
07-16-2013, 01:01 AM
  #92
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman
 
MainDotC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Morrisville, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,190
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Does anyone know this girl on the left:


MainDotC is offline  
Old
07-17-2013, 06:40 PM
  #93
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
Bruiser:

I do NOT think Ottawa would be interested in Yabo at all, for all practical purposes he was done after Big Mac destroyed him, he will never be the same after that..................

I like the fighting part of the game as that was what I was raised on in the early days with the Dusters down here in the old NAHL (ECHL) bucket of blood league. God how I love to watch hockey players fight as I always said a good fight never hurt a good hockey game, but those glory days are gone now with the AHL today we have less fighting those that we see now are more holding and hugging than good old time fights where they boxed and hit each other a lot more...............

With the Binghamton roster I think Sdao, Boro, Kramer can do the job, do NOT add DD to that list as kid should always leave the gloves on as he is a very good catcher when he fights..........

In the AHL you can tell how good the teams will be that yr by the free agents that are signed by the parent teams in early July as those free agents will be the soul of your team. AHL website lists all those signings............... Also if you do NOT sign the good free agents quickly all of them are signed fast, so then you are left with the lesser players, who are just not that good to be honest.

As for what T Murray is planning to do down here we have no idea when Joy Lindsay departed so went our news source, man that replaced Joy coverage is piss poor and I am being kind..........

To get any reports about the team fans go to practice and then tell us about it, not regular or timely way to get info...............

Rumors yes we hear them all the time, just like in Ottawa, mostly BS. So I will never post a rumor just not like me to do that, as I keep my posts as accurate to the best of my ability............

If I am asked for my opinion on this blog I will reply as others have done when I ask questions..............
Thanks for the input ZekeA.

It has been few years since Yabo lost to MacIntyre, do you think their is a possibility that he has regained form? Or is it simply that he will never be the same player prior to the concussion.

Personally, I think Tim Murray would at least be considering bringing in an established heavy. Every other team in the East division has a more established heavyweight enforcer. The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins have Steve MacIntyre, the Syracuse Crunch have Eric Neilson, the Norflok Admirals have Jay Rosehill and the Hershey Bears have Joel Rechlicz. At this point in their careers, I think it might be a bit much to ask Kramer, Sdao or Borowiecki to take on any of those four.

Berserker* is offline  
Old
07-17-2013, 06:45 PM
  #94
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post


Just out of curiosity, do you have some personal animosity towards Yablonski or just dislike that style of player?

The reason why I am asking is that Yablonski (for the majority of his tenure here) was well thought of by management and coaches and he tended to play his role well and lost some blood for the organization. So I find it a bit surprising to see someone almost take joy in watching him go down.

Is it due to the fact that his play tapered off after the concussion or that things became sour between him and the Senators organization?

Berserker* is offline  
Old
07-17-2013, 07:26 PM
  #95
sens83
Registered User
 
sens83's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,795
vCash: 500
We don't need an enforcer garbage on this team. We have too much talent and skill to goon it up, plus the AHL has been moving away from that style of hockey for a while now.

It's a waste. Kramer, Sdao, and Boro are more than capable of stepping it if things get heavy. We don't need a staged fight artist who can't skate on this team.

sens83 is offline  
Old
07-17-2013, 09:52 PM
  #96
God Says No
Registered User
 
God Says No's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 3,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
We don't need an enforcer garbage on this team. We have too much talent and skill to goon it up, plus the AHL has been moving away from that style of hockey for a while now.

It's a waste. Kramer, Sdao, and Boro are more than capable of stepping it if things get heavy. We don't need a staged fight artist who can't skate on this team.
Totally agreed. The AHL and the NHL both are moving away from staged fighters. Bruiser is living in the past. Don't need boxers who can barely skate.

God Says No is offline  
Old
07-17-2013, 10:26 PM
  #97
Ski
Calder Cup Champs
 
Ski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Binghamton, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 3,060
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Just out of curiosity, do you have some personal animosity towards Yablonski or just dislike that style of player?

The reason why I am asking is that Yablonski (for the majority of his tenure here) was well thought of by management and coaches and he tended to play his role well and lost some blood for the organization. So I find it a bit surprising to see someone almost take joy in watching him go down.

Is it due to the fact that his play tapered off after the concussion or that things became sour between him and the Senators organization?
What the hell are you talking about? Dislike Yabo? "..a bit surprising to see someone almost take joy in watching him go down.." When was I implying that?

I loved the guy when he was w/Bingo..but as I said, it's time to move on and the league has done the same..there is no use for a guy like Yabo on this current team..

The other heavies you mentioned don't suit up when they play Bingo as that would be a waste of roster spot, so what's the sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
We don't need an enforcer garbage on this team. We have too much talent and skill to goon it up, plus the AHL has been moving away from that style of hockey for a while now.

It's a waste. Kramer, Sdao, and Boro are more than capable of stepping it if things get heavy. We don't need a staged fight artist who can't skate on this team.
Yup..
Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
Totally agreed. The AHL and the NHL both are moving away from staged fighters. Bruiser is living in the past. Don't need boxers who can barely skate.
X3..

Ski is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 12:47 AM
  #98
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...
 
ZekeA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Where the Cup is
Country: Nepal
Posts: 2,847
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Thanks for the input ZekeA.

It has been few years since Yabo lost to MacIntyre, do you think their is a possibility that he has regained form? Or is it simply that he will never be the same player prior to the concussion.

Personally, I think Tim Murray would at least be considering bringing in an established heavy. Every other team in the East division has a more established heavyweight enforcer. The Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Penguins have Steve MacIntyre, the Syracuse Crunch have Eric Neilson, the Norflok Admirals have Jay Rosehill and the Hershey Bears have Joel Rechlicz. At this point in their careers, I think it might be a bit much to ask Kramer, Sdao or Borowiecki to take on any of those four.

Bruiser:

On Yabo we did see him lose some fights, but he won a Hell of a lot more than he lost. What "Big Mac" did to him Yabo will never be right again, I have seen too many fights and I know when a player is ruined and take my word for it Yabo was ruined...................

As for what T Murray is planning your guess is as good as mine. As last yr I was *****ing that both here and Ottawa were light in the loafers muscle wise.. I was going nuts when some Pen ran Lawson, and up top when Karlsson got cut by the Penguin ***** I am still pissed off over those 2 events, so puck the Pens............

I the old days of the NAHL here that crap was taken care of right then and there on the ice, the game was better then not the watered down crap they call hockey today.....................

Well I would like a player who can skate a reg or near reg shift and handle the rough stuff, but those players are rare...

The younger fans think not having muscle is OK as it means more skill players. Last season I called the team the Munchkins as dam they were small & did they get run post lockout. Muscle prevents that some fail to understand that even after it bites them on the ass....

Well I better stop as most think I nuts anyway as I enjoy a good hockey fight. + I like to have a tough hockey team to watch, but I can't change what the game has become.............. ..........................................

ZekeA is offline  
Old
07-18-2013, 03:02 AM
  #99
saskriders
ColinGreening's#1fan
 
saskriders's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Calgary/Ottawa
Country: Canada
Posts: 18,535
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MainDotC View Post
Does anyone know this girl on the left:

She works for marketplace

__________________
03 04 05 06 09 10 11 20 21 23 27 66 89 07 13
saskriders is online now  
Old
07-18-2013, 11:53 AM
  #100
Berserker*
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 3,560
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
What the hell are you talking about? Dislike Yabo? "..a bit surprising to see someone almost take joy in watching him go down.." When was I implying that?
I must have misinterpreted the message you were trying to convey. I figured that because you had a post that was solely clips of Yablonski getting dropped, that you either disliked him or that style of layer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
I loved the guy when he was w/Bingo..but as I said, it's time to move on and the league has done the same..there is no use for a guy like Yabo on this current team..

The other heavies you mentioned don't suit up when they play Bingo as that would be a waste of roster spot, so what's the sense?
Well Neilson did jump Borowiecki last season and a fair amount of teams took run at our goalies. Maybe the toughness situation can be handled internally, but it does appear that that is an area where the team could potentially improve.

Berserker* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.