HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Notices

2013/14 Binghamton Senators Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
07-18-2013, 11:07 AM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
Bruiser:

On Yabo we did see him lose some fights, but he won a Hell of a lot more than he lost. What "Big Mac" did to him Yabo will never be right again, I have seen too many fights and I know when a player is ruined and take my word for it Yabo was ruined...................

As for what T Murray is planning your guess is as good as mine. As last yr I was *****ing that both here and Ottawa were light in the loafers muscle wise.. I was going nuts when some Pen ran Lawson, and up top when Karlsson got cut by the Penguin ***** I am still pissed off over those 2 events, so puck the Pens............

I the old days of the NAHL here that crap was taken care of right then and there on the ice, the game was better then not the watered down crap they call hockey today.....................

Well I would like a player who can skate a reg or near reg shift and handle the rough stuff, but those players are rare...

The younger fans think not having muscle is OK as it means more skill players. Last season I called the team the Munchkins as dam they were small & did they get run post lockout. Muscle prevents that some fail to understand that even after it bites them on the ass....

Well I better stop as most think I nuts anyway as I enjoy a good hockey fight. + I like to have a tough hockey team to watch, but I can't change what the game has become.............. ..........................................
Again, thanks for the input. I agree with what you are saying, the B sens could potentially use an improvement in the toughness department. There are a few gritty UFA forwards that could be available such as: Anthony Stewart, Darcy Hordichuk, Andre Deveaux and Christian Hanson. I don't know if any would be much of an improvement over what we already have though. Aside from that Kevin Harvey put up some OK points for the ECHL, he was a bit of a super pest when he played for Syracuse and it looks like he has become more of a prominent fighter over the last few seasons. Maybe the B sens invite him to their training camp.

Tim Murray did kind of find Yablonski out of nowhere, so maybe he can find a similar but younger player somewhere else (hopefully one with a bit more skill).

Old
07-18-2013, 11:14 AM
sens83

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
Again, thanks for the input. I agree with what you are saying, the B sens could potentially use an improvement in the toughness department. There are a few gritty UFA forwards that could be available such as: Anthony Stewart, Darcy Hordichuk, Andre Deveaux and Christian Hanson. I don't know if any would be much of an improvement over what we already have though. Aside from that Kevin Harvey put up some OK points for the ECHL, he was a bit of a super pest when he played for Syracuse and it looks like he has become more of a prominent fighter over the last few seasons. Maybe the B sens invite him to their training camp.

Tim Murray did kind of find Yablonski out of nowhere, so maybe he can find a similar but younger player somewhere else (hopefully one with a bit more skill).

Old
07-18-2013, 02:34 PM
bazaaa*

Just wanted to share a story.
My friend is friends with Yabo.
Hung out with him on the night of a bachelor party.
Sat down beside him at dinner, and he was such a nice guy. He was so nice that I thought I knew him, and couldn't remember where I met him. I had to go ask my friend who he was, and if I knew him lol.
Well I got black out drunk and apparently he almost gave it to me lol, but we talked after that night.
But we had a good time, and he was a really cool guy.
Apparently the fans absolutely love him over there.

Old
07-18-2013, 03:39 PM
Proust

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazaaa View Post
Just wanted to share a story.
My friend is friends with Yabo.
Hung out with him on the night of a bachelor party.
Sat down beside him at dinner, and he was such a nice guy. He was so nice that I thought I knew him, and couldn't remember where I met him. I had to go ask my friend who he was, and if I knew him lol.
Well I got black out drunk and apparently he almost gave it to me lol, but we talked after that night.
But we had a good time, and he was a really cool guy.
Apparently the fans absolutely love him over there.
So you almost had a one-night-stand with Jeremy Yablonski? That IS share-worthy. Thanks.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:02 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Well Neilson did jump Borowiecki last season and a fair amount of teams took run at our goalies. Maybe the toughness situation can be handled internally, but it does appear that that is an area where the team could potentially improve.
Kinda going in circles here as you clearly aren't up to speed..

Again..yes, agreed we need a vet w/ some physical attributes as well as a goal scorer, however, again not a Yabo/Gilles clown act..

Old
07-18-2013, 11:14 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post

Again..yes, agreed we need a vet w/ some physical attributes as well as a goal scorer, however, again not a Yabo/Gilles clown act..
I think the #1 target will be an AHL vet that plays center. This is a young team and a top line AHL veteran C will be heaven sent.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:17 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by God Says No View Post
I think the #1 target will be an AHL vet that plays center. This is a young team and a top line AHL veteran C will be heaven sent.
Could really use a Corey Locke type to stabilize this line up, guy has amazing vision..

Old
07-18-2013, 11:20 PM
God Says No

Was going to mention Locke in my post. What's he doing anyways? Last I heard he was playing in Europe. He'd look good in between Stone and Prince.

Old
07-18-2013, 11:26 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Still in Europe I presume..ya he'd make Stone like Greening the goal scorer

Old
07-18-2013, 11:35 PM
Midas0
Only the best Scouts

I wonder if Karlsson still has nightmares about his 12 game stint down in Bingo.

Old
07-19-2013, 10:59 AM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Could really use a Corey Locke type to stabilize this line up, guy has amazing vision..
Isn't Da Costa exactly like Corey Locke? Bingo may also get Pageau back which I think would also help the centre position plus you have some size down the middle with Grant & Culek & maybe, if he plays centre Kramer.

Quote:

This will surprise a few people but I think Bingo has enough toughness but maybe not that one very tough enforcer type. Guys who will fight are Sdao, Blood, Rutkowski, Boroweicki, Kramer, DD & Eckford. Guys who are big who hopefully will learn to be more physical IMO are Robinson, Stone, Cowick, Culek, Grant, Claesson, Schneider, Downing & Ceci.

Last edited by aragorn: 07-19-2013 at 03:24 PM.
Old
07-19-2013, 12:03 PM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Isn't Da Costa exactly like Corey Locke? Bingo may also get Pageau back which I think would also help the centre position plus you have some size down the middle with Grant & Culek & maybe, if he plays centre.
If Da Costa is back. That's a big if.

If he comes back, I agree we don't need another AHL vet center.

Old
07-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Berserker*

Quote:

How about Andre Deveaux or Anthony Stewart? Or did you have someone else in mind?

Old
07-19-2013, 03:19 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
How about Andre Deveaux or Anthony Stewart? Or did you have someone else in mind?
I'd take Deveaux or a Jim Vandermeer, maybe on a goal vet like Darren Haydar or Jamie Tardif..ya rw's but still

There's not much left available

Old
07-19-2013, 04:38 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midas0 View Post
I wonder if Karlsson still has nightmares about his 12 game stint down in Bingo.

Midas:

Would you expand upon your statement of Karlsson still having nightmares of the 12 games he played for Binghamton???????

I wish that you would add to it and explain exactly what you mean........

Old
07-22-2013, 07:32 AM
sens83

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post
Isn't Da Costa exactly like Corey Locke? Bingo may also get Pageau back which I think would also help the centre position plus you have some size down the middle with Grant & Culek & maybe, if he plays centre Kramer.

This will surprise a few people but I think Bingo has enough toughness but maybe not that one very tough enforcer type. Guys who will fight are Sdao, Blood, Rutkowski, Boroweicki, Kramer, DD & Eckford. Guys who are big who hopefully will learn to be more physical IMO are Robinson, Stone, Cowick, Culek, Grant, Claesson, Schneider, Downing & Ceci.
DaCosta != Corey Locke

However, I am not surprised about Bingo being tough enough. I agree, we have enough...but did you really put Eckford on that list?

Old
07-24-2013, 09:39 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

5 home dates released no Turkey day game crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The full American Hockey League schedule will be released in August, but the Binghamton Senators gave their fans a few dates to circle on Tuesday.

The B-Sens released five guaranteed prime home game dates, including the home opener set for Saturday, Oct. 5, at the newly-renovated Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena. Binghamton will begin the season on the road the night before.

In addition to the opener, the B-Sens will host games on Nov. 15 and Nov. 30, two days after Thanksgiving. Binghamton will also host its post-Christmas celebration of Dec. 26 and its annual New Year’s Eve game on Dec. 31.

No opponents have been named.

The remaining dates for the 76-game schedule will be released by the American Hockey League in August.

Old
07-24-2013, 12:00 PM
JonnyMacSen
Divide and Conacher

Any word on if the B-Sens are going to come to Ottawa for a game this year?

Old
07-24-2013, 12:33 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post

JonnyMacSen:

No idea yet will know in a month or so when the full schedule is released...........

Last I knew was that they were not going to have them anymore, as interest up in Ottawa for that Binghamton game had waned.........

That could change so will wait and see......................

Old
07-24-2013, 02:06 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonnyMacSen View Post
Not gonna happen w/ the revamped 76 game schedule vs 80 games..

Old
07-25-2013, 09:47 AM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Quote:
Originally Posted by saskriders View Post
She works for marketplace
yo don't be dissin' mah woman

Old
07-25-2013, 02:14 PM
tenpinsplit

i saw kevin harvey mentioned. if he ever plays here i am selling my tickets and never going back. i do however like going to elmira and chirping him.

also, when the upper rows of the arena getting new seats are the bottom rows going to be left the blue seat color? tell me it would not look rediculous with red upper seats and blue lower seats. c'mon

Last edited by tenpinsplit: 07-25-2013 at 02:19 PM.
Old
07-25-2013, 03:58 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenpinsplit View Post
i saw kevin harvey mentioned. if he ever plays here i am selling my tickets and never going back. i do however like going to elmira and chirping him.

also, when the upper rows of the arena getting new seats are the bottom rows going to be left the blue seat color? tell me it would not look rediculous with red upper seats and blue lower seats. c'mon
I might stop into the rink tomorrow to check it out..

Old
07-25-2013, 05:59 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Ottawa has just signed Ludwig Karlsson, another LWer who should start the yr in Bingo.

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=9008

http://www.senschirp.ca/blog/item/10...udwig-karlsson (video)

https://twitter.com/coreypronman/sta...94517897154561

Old
07-25-2013, 06:02 PM
MainDotC
Depth Defenceman

Send a message via AIM to MainDotC Send a message via Yahoo to MainDotC Send a message via Skype™ to MainDotC
Yay ! I think.

Closed Thread