HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013/14 Binghamton Senators Discussion Thread

Closed Thread

Old
08-04-2013, 11:24 AM
sens83

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by landskronala View Post
lineup?
Actually pretty damn stacked, to be honest I'm having a tough time coming up with what the lines might shake out as if everyone stays healthy. Here is a crappy attempt, I could see it a couple different ways though.

Assuming DaCosta, Dziurzynski, and Hoffman clear waivers...

Hoffman - DaCosta - Stone
Petersson - Grant - DD
Prince - Hamilton - Robinson
Schneider - Culek - Cowick
Karlsson
Kramer
Maybe Gazley?

Boro - Ceci
Wideman - Rutkowski
Claesson - Eckford
Sdao
Blood

Lawson
Hammond

Old
08-04-2013, 02:22 PM
TheFatOne
Mr.Negativo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
Actually pretty damn stacked, to be honest I'm having a tough time coming up with what the lines might shake out as if everyone stays healthy. Here is a crappy attempt, I could see it a couple different ways though.

Assuming DaCosta, Dziurzynski, and Hoffman clear waivers...

Hoffman - DaCosta - Stone
Petersson - Grant - DD
Prince - Hamilton - Robinson
Schneider - Culek - Cowick
Karlsson
Kramer
Maybe Gazley?

Boro - Ceci
Wideman - Rutkowski
Claesson - Eckford
Sdao
Blood

Lawson
Hammond

For sure Karlsson in that lineup. He will suprise a lot of people + you dont put a swede on the bench, its against the rules.

Old
08-04-2013, 05:59 PM
Icelevel
Relentless

Quote:
For sure Karlsson in that lineup. He will suprise a lot of people + you dont put a swede on the bench, its against the rules.
not saying he wouldn't surprise and impress, but really if all those guys are in bingo to start, someone who deserves to be in is going to be sitting. who are you going to take out from that lineup? he doesn't even have puempel in there.

Old
08-04-2013, 07:45 PM
sens83

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
not saying he wouldn't surprise and impress, but really if all those guys are in bingo to start, someone who deserves to be in is going to be sitting. who are you going to take out from that lineup? he doesn't even have puempel in there.
Oh hell i forgot about Puempel, good catch! Wow, that just makes it worse to figure out who is in and who is out. I really don't want to see Cowick sit, but I honestly don't know who else to sit, unless Robinson and Karlsson sit. Depending on how he plays, Petersson may drop. Also, I'm not a huge fan of Wacey Hamilton so far, I may even drop him from the lineup and move Grant down a line.

Puempel - DaCosta - Stone
Petersson - Hoffman - Robinson
Prince - Grant - DD
Karlsson - Culek - Cowick
Hamilton
Schneider
Kramer
Maybe Gazley?

Boro - Ceci
Wideman - Rutkowski
Claesson - Eckford
Sdao
Blood

Lawson
Hammond

Old
08-04-2013, 07:56 PM
StikTBo

If Puemple plays with either DaCosta or Stone, it's gonna be magic

Old
08-04-2013, 08:12 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Culek likely isn't cracking that lineup.

Will Petersson be ready for the start of the year?

And don't expect to get Hoffman back. I think the Sens would rather keep him on the active roster and play sparingly than lose him.

Old
08-04-2013, 10:32 PM
Icelevel
Relentless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FolignoQuantumLeap View Post

And don't expect to get Hoffman back. I think the Sens would rather keep him on the active roster and play sparingly than lose him.
what's so bad about culek? i think i might like the guy

Old
08-05-2013, 07:12 AM
sens83

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icelevel View Post
what's so bad about culek? i think i might like the guy
If everyone stays healthy through camp there isn't a roster spot in the 23 man for Hoffman. Unless they flip O'Brien or waive him. I agree though, Hoffman should be up with Ottawa. It's a pure numbers logistic though.

Not sure why you don't think Culek will crack the lineup. I had a tough enough time scratching Schneider, he deserves to be in there after his play last season. Bottom line here, this team is deep if it is healthy. I still think we are a tad bit thin at the Center position. Lazar being drafted this year will help down the road, but I feel like we are wing heavy with our prospects that are up and coming.

Old
08-05-2013, 05:54 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Agreed, Hamilton will be in there instead..Culek only played 3 games and wasn't anything spectacular
Quote:
Who the hell knows..and will his head be into it or just floating around the ice looking dejected..
Quote:
Again agreed..

Old
08-06-2013, 09:40 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

More off season OT; US News named Binghamton University as the 37th best public school in the country

Top Public Schools

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...-public/page+2

-------
Also, today's fun fact; John Boehner is in Binghamton as I post

pressconnects ‏@pressconnects 3h

Several calls to the newsroom report Boehner ate dinner tonight at Cortese after scrapping plans to eat at No. 5, both in Binghamton.

Edit; B-mets swept a home d-header and now are a record 30 games over .500

Old
08-07-2013, 02:12 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Scrap Gazley off that list, Hershey snagged him..

Old
08-07-2013, 02:24 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Prince - Da Costa - Stone
Puempel - Pageau - Robinson
Schneider - Grant - Petersson
Cowick - Hamilton - DD/Kramer

Boroweicki - Ceci
Claesson - Rutkowski
Sdao - Eckford/Wideman

Lawson - Hammond

Elmira: Culek, Karlsson, Blood

Last edited by aragorn: 08-14-2013 at 11:40 AM.
Old
08-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by aragorn View Post

Boroweicki - Ceci
Claesson - Rutkowski
Sdao - Eckford/Wideman

Lawson - Hammond

Switch Cowick for Puempel and you nailed it..Pageau and Cowick were lethal w/ Gazley when they were a line last season

Old
08-07-2013, 02:57 PM
God Says No

Quote:

Boroweicki - Ceci
Claesson - Rutkowski
Sdao - Eckford/Wideman

Lawson - Hammond

I think this is spot on, except one small thing. I believe Eckford plays on the left side and Wideman was one of the better defenseman at the end of the season. So Sdao and Eckford might be sharing some time.

Old
08-07-2013, 03:01 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
Switch Cowick for Puempel and you nailed it..Pageau and Cowick were lethal w/ Gazley when they were a line last season
Puempel is a 1st rd pick & considered a sniper, do you really think they will not have him in the top 6? But as you said earlier anything could happen with lines, it seems every coach now switches it up pretty quickly, if things are not going according to plan. I see Puempel in the top 6, but it could also depend on how he transitions into the AHL & whether he can start scoring early & consistently.

Wideman is a tough call for me but he looked pretty good at the development camp. While Eckford is a veteran, Wideman is a right shot & a PMD who can score. He could very well be an everyday player in Bingo, however, like every year injuries will play a big part so I expect a lot of players to play a lot.

Old
08-07-2013, 09:52 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Puempel is a 1st rd pick & considered a sniper, do you really think they will not have him in the top 6? But as you said earlier anything could happen with lines, it seems every coach now switches it up pretty quickly, if things are not going according to plan. I see Puempel in the top 6, but it could also depend on how he transitions into the AHL & whether he can start scoring early & consistently.

Wideman is a tough call for me but he looked pretty good at the development camp. While Eckford is a veteran, Wideman is a right shot & a PMD who can score. He could very well be an everyday player in Bingo, however, like every year injuries will play a big part so I expect a lot of players to play a lot.
Just because Puempel is a 1st rounder doesn't mean he's ahead of anyone else..insert Brian Lee (I kid I kid) < ---well not really, lol

Old
08-08-2013, 01:18 PM
aragorn
YES WE CAN

Quote:
Just because Puempel is a 1st rounder doesn't mean he's ahead of anyone else..insert Brian Lee (I kid I kid) < ---well not really, lol
Brian Lee & now JOB

Old
08-08-2013, 02:47 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
Quote:
It doesn't mean he'll be ahead of anyone, but his play will launch him ahead soon if he isn't ahead right now. His game really evolved last season in Kitchener and I think he's going to be great as a rookie in Bingo.

Old
08-08-2013, 05:15 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

ryan potulny is parting ways with his KHL team only months after signing with them (he hasnt even played on his 2-year contract yet).

i'd be interested in bringing him back, especially with bingo's top-2 centers being waiver eligible.

Old
08-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post
ryan potulny is parting ways with his KHL team only months after signing with them (he hasnt even played on his 2-year contract yet).

i'd be interested in bringing him back, especially with bingo's top-2 centers being waiver eligible.
I dunno..he's lost a step after last season in Hershey, but is still a fan favorite in Bingo so BSens might sign him

Old
08-08-2013, 10:04 PM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Aragorn:
Ski:
God Says No:

I think you gentleman might be overlooking Cole Schneider as I think he could very well play on the top 6 in Binghamton next season...

Also you listed Da Costa, & Pageau as the two (2) top centers I doubt that both will be down here, in fact is very possible neither could play in Binghamton next year.

Ski on Binghamton Calder Cup winner Ryan Potulny I doubt that he wants an AHL contract am sure his agent will find him a NHL two (2) way deal.....

I doubt Ottawa would sign Ryan as after they sign Jared Cowen that will make there total contracts being 48, most likely they will not sign anybody else and keep 2 spots open for other possible transactions......................

Old
08-08-2013, 10:26 PM
Berserker*

There are a number of decent young players still available on the free agent market, and if the don't get a contract, they may be worth a camp invite.

The players I have in mind are:
Stefan Legein (2nd round pick,2007)
Danick Paquette (3rd round pick, 2008)
Mitch Wahl (2nd round pick, 2008)
Colton Gillies (1st round pick, 2007)
Akim Aliu (2nd round pick, 2007)
Nick Palmieri (3rd round pick, 2007)
Stefan Della Rovere (7th round pick, 2008)

Old
08-08-2013, 10:38 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by danishh View Post

Potulny would be a solid pick up. It would be nice to add some more proven point producers to the team. A few other options are Andre Deveaux, Ben Maxwell and Krys Kolanos.

Old
08-08-2013, 10:41 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZekeA View Post
Aragorn:
Ski:
God Says No:

I think you gentleman might be overlooking Cole Schneider as I think he could very well play on the top 6 in Binghamton next season...

Also you listed Da Costa, & Pageau as the two (2) top centers I doubt that both will be down here, in fact is very possible neither could play in Binghamton next year.

Ski on Binghamton Calder Cup winner Ryan Potulny I doubt that he wants an AHL contract am sure his agent will find him a NHL two (2) way deal.....

I doubt Ottawa would sign Ryan as after they sign Jared Cowen that will make there total contracts being 48, most likely they will not sign anybody else and keep 2 spots open for other possible transactions......................
Zeke; I'm a huge Schneider fan since day 1..

You might be right about Pots before he signed the KHL contract, but now he doesn't have much to choose from perhaps

Old
08-09-2013, 07:51 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

cancel my potulny suggestion, it turns out he terminated his contract because he was injured in an exhibition game and will need surgery. It seems his team agreed to pay him a certain amount and then go back to the US to do his surgery and rehab. It's a shoulder injury so i guess it's possible he will be ready to play at some point later in the season, but it makes mutual sense - omsk doesnt have to tie up the roster spot and potulny can come back to america and his family for his recovery.

http://en.ria.ru/sports/20130807/182...n-Forward.html

still, it's going to be intersting to see what happens with regards to waivers in october. The two centers i was referring to were da costa and grant, pageau is probably ahead of at least one of them, but he's going to end up on the sens at some point, it's just a matter of creating the roster room or waiting for injuries. There is a lot more roster uncertainty to begin the year than the b-sens are used to, though in the end that is the nature of a minor league i guess.

Closed Thread