HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Way OT: Family Guy

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-16-2005, 07:28 AM
  #51
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,111
vCash: 500
eh it was ok, not the best one...the quagmire thing was just a setup for peter wanting to be recognized for doing something (quagmire was called a hero and given the key to the city for reviving that woman..."what the hell is CPR?")

there were some classic family guy moments in it, but not the strongest episode overall

it had a continuation of the chicken fight in it though, heh. was a bit forced but hey it's the chicken fight, cmon!

Levitate is offline  
Old
05-16-2005, 09:22 AM
  #52
007
Olympic nut
 
007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Mannahatta
Country: Lebanon
Posts: 3,471
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to 007 Send a message via MSN to 007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
eh it was ok, not the best one...the quagmire thing was just a setup for peter wanting to be recognized for doing something (quagmire was called a hero and given the key to the city for reviving that woman..."what the hell is CPR?")

there were some classic family guy moments in it, but not the strongest episode overall

it had a continuation of the chicken fight in it though, heh. was a bit forced but hey it's the chicken fight, cmon!
This was the first time I got to watch one of the new shows (I normally play soccer on Sunday nights). I was wondering if that chicken fight was some sort of recurring joke!

007 is offline  
Old
05-16-2005, 10:07 AM
  #53
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,111
vCash: 500
haha, yeah it started in one of the original episodes. Some guy was dressed in a chicken costume handing out flyers on the street and he approaches peter. Peter says something like "oh no, i'm not accepting another coupon from a giant chicken, not after last time". then it flashes back to peter taking a coupon from the giant chicken and then trying to use it, only to be told it has expired (i'm pretty sure that's how it went, it's been awhile...) so peter turns and attacks the chicken and it goes into a big long 5 minute fight, ending with the chicken and peter falling off of a building and peter landing on top of the chicken and walking away. then the chicken opens its eyes and glares after peter. I guess it finally caught up to him again in last nights episode

I thought the God jokes were pretty funny, heh.

"Jesus Christ!!"
"What?!"
"Get the Escalade, we're outa here!"


Levitate is offline  
Old
05-16-2005, 11:57 AM
  #54
Kodiak
Registered User
 
Kodiak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Ranger fan in Philly
Posts: 2,185
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Kodiak Send a message via AIM to Kodiak Send a message via Yahoo to Kodiak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Levitate
haha, yeah it started in one of the original episodes. Some guy was dressed in a chicken costume handing out flyers on the street and he approaches peter. Peter says something like "oh no, i'm not accepting another coupon from a giant chicken, not after last time". then it flashes back to peter taking a coupon from the giant chicken and then trying to use it, only to be told it has expired (i'm pretty sure that's how it went, it's been awhile...) so peter turns and attacks the chicken and it goes into a big long 5 minute fight, ending with the chicken and peter falling off of a building and peter landing on top of the chicken and walking away. then the chicken opens its eyes and glares after peter. I guess it finally caught up to him again in last nights episode

I thought the God jokes were pretty funny, heh.

"Jesus Christ!!"
"What?!"
"Get the Escalade, we're outa here!"

The God stuff was funny, but on the whole the episode was pretty bad. You know they don't have much when they have to reuse old jokes (the chicken fight and the vaudeville guy). I never thought I'd say this but American Dad was better last night.

Kodiak is offline  
Old
05-16-2005, 12:56 PM
  #55
Levitate
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 20,111
vCash: 500
you knew they were going to redo the chicken thing at some point...

Levitate is offline  
Old
05-17-2005, 03:13 PM
  #56
Shadowrunner
Registered User
 
Shadowrunner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: New York City
Posts: 1,198
vCash: 500
Send a message via ICQ to Shadowrunner Send a message via AIM to Shadowrunner
I unfortunately agree. Very poor quality episode with a cheesy star wars ending simply because it's opening in a few days. American dad, on the other hand, was pretty good.

Shadowrunner is offline  
Old
05-18-2005, 11:01 AM
  #57
Bluenote13
20 down, 34 to go !
 
Bluenote13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: BKLYN, NYC
Posts: 23,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowrunner
I unfortunately agree. Very poor quality episode with a cheesy star wars ending simply because it's opening in a few days. American dad, on the other hand, was pretty good.
I thought that was a great tribute to 'Star Wars'. I'm about the same age as Seth Macfarlane, we'll always appreciate those originally 3 flicks

Bluenote13 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.