HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Top Ten Signs the Series is Rigged

Old
05-08-2013, 04:25 PM
StefanW
Get well, Bryan

vCash: 500
Top Ten Signs the Series is Rigged

I was a bit surprised to discover that some Montreal fans and members of the media are saying that the NHL is playing favourites with the Sens in this series. When I thought about it and looked at the evidence I was shocked to find that this is not only true, but these individuals are not taking it far enough. I came up with a top ten list to illustrate this point.

Top 10 Ways that this Series is Clearly Rigged in Ottawa's Favour:

1. Paul MacLean is a walrus, and the NHL director of officiating is member of PETA.

2. Clear favouritism in NHL drafting rules, which allowed the Sens to get Karlsson while the Habs could only manage to pick up PK Subban.

3. The NHL did not suspend three Canadiens players for clearly suspendable actions in game three because they know that Ottawa always loses when they play against teams that are missing key players.

4. In the third period of game 4 the refs did not stop the game and send Montreal players back to the bench when Therrien put out a lefty instead of a righty for a key faceoff.

5. The player who shot the puck on the play that injured Price probably wont even be suspended.

6. The series should have been postponed at least a month to allow Montreal players to fully recover from assorted injuries, because no team can win when they have injuries (*cough cough*).

7. Ottawa allowed to use two head coaches in game 4: one on the Ottawa bench, plus one who sat behind the Montreal bench and stared at Therrien all night long.

8. That Sens player recovering from an achilles injury who already played about 28 mins did not skate fast enough, and risk re-injury, to try to take off icing calls against Montreal late in game 4. Classless.

9. The player who scored the Sens first goal in game 4 cleverly used his stick to deflect the puck into his skates so he could kick it instead of just shooting it in just to aggravate Montreal fans and media. No respeck.

10. For games 3 and 4 there were more Sens fans than Habs fans at Scotiabank Place, which forced the Habs to play away games. Again, no respeck.

StefanW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 04:28 PM
zeddyp

hahahaha thank you for a great laugh

zeddyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 04:34 PM
18Hossa

thanks for the laugh

18Hossa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Deku Scrub
BOP

vCash: 0
What a classless post. No respeck

Thanks for the laugh

Deku Scrub is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 04:38 PM
KarlSen

Very comprhensive,great stuff.

KarlSen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 05:05 PM
CanadianHockey
Smith - Alfie

Awesome stuff.

05-08-2013, 05:08 PM
FreakyBunny

PETA = People against the Equitable Treatment of Athletes. I bet Shanny is a card carrying member, too.

FreakyBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 05:12 PM
dingbatz

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post
I was a bit surprised to discover that some Montreal fans and members of the media are saying that the NHL is playing favourites with the Sens in this series. When I thought about it and looked at the evidence I was shocked to find that this is not only true, but these individuals are not taking it far enough. I came up with a top ten list to illustrate this point.

1. Paul MacLean is a walrus, and the NHL director of officiating is member of PETA.

2. Clear favouritism in NHL drafting rules, which allowed the Sens to get Karlsson while the Habs could only manage to pick up PK Subban.

3. The NHL did not suspend three Canadiens players for clearly suspendable actions in game three because they know that Ottawa always loses when they play against teams that are missing key players.

4. In the third period of game 4 the refs did not stop the game and send Montreal players back to the bench when Therrien put out a lefty instead of a righty for a key faceoff.

5. The player who shot the puck on the play that injured Price probably wont even be suspended.

6. The series should have been postponed at least a month to allow Montreal players to fully recover from assorted injuries, because no team can win when they have injuries (*cough cough*).

7. Ottawa allowed to use two head coaches in game 4: one on the Ottawa bench, plus one who sat behind the Montreal bench and stared at Therrien all night long.

8. That Sens player recovering from an achilles injury who already played about 28 mins did not skate fast enough, and risk re-injury, to try to take off icing calls against Montreal late in game 4. Classless.

9. The player who scored the Sens first goal in game 4 cleverly used his stick to deflect the puck into his skates so he could kick it instead of just shooting it in just to aggravate Montreal fans and media. No respeck.

10. For games 3 and 4 there were more Sens fans than Habs fans at Scotiabank Place, which forced the Habs to play away games. Again, no respeck.

dingbatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Beville
#ForTheBoys

Think I need a time out...

Beville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 05:28 PM
vdB

Montreal fans are terrible. Nothing but a buncha cry babies.

vdB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 05:28 PM
Ghost in the Shell
#WeLikeOurKarlssons

Brilliant.

Ghost in the Shell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 05:35 PM
yogibear

Funny

yogibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 05:40 PM
Unbiased homer
Classless

Hands down.Post of the series.

Unbiased homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Hell on Heels
classless chick :(

Send a message via Skype™ to Hell on Heels
Post of the year.

Hell on Heels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 06:01 PM
OmniSens
@OmniSenators

Send a message via Skype™ to OmniSens
Down goes brown, is that you?

That was awesome!

OmniSens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 06:02 PM
Countdown0
Painfully Honest

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefanW View Post

Seems legit. Lots of truthiness to be had here.

Countdown0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 06:07 PM
MAK19

David Letterman approves

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 06:30 PM
HappyDude
Classless

My lady likes 1 and 10. I am partial to 5. Its all gold though! Thanks for the laughs.

HappyDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 06:55 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Very well done, my friend

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-08-2013, 07:07 PM
The Lehner
#LehnerTime