HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Anthony Stolarz

Old
03-28-2014, 12:03 PM
BringBackStevens

vCash: 500
A suspension is understandable, but boy there appeared to be next to no force behind that.

8 games is pretty crazy

BringBackStevens is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 12:10 PM
FlyersFan61290

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beef Invictus View Post
No, he deserves it. You can't knock someone in the head like that. Everyone always complains about the NHL because their punishment system isn't a deterrent on top of being wildly inconsistent.
Exactly. I'm curious though how his team will do without him and how deep his team is in those 8 games. He's got 7 games left and London swept Windsor so at the very least he's going to miss the rest of the next round, potentially more.

FlyersFan61290 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 12:32 PM
CanadianFlyer88
Knublin' PPs

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan61290 View Post
Exactly. I'm curious though how his team will do without him and how deep his team is in those 8 games. He's got 7 games left and London swept Windsor so at the very least he's going to miss the rest of the next round, potentially more.
London's hosting the Memorial Cup, so he could potentially miss most/all of it if London is eliminated in the next round quickly.

03-28-2014, 12:33 PM
FLYguy3911

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
London's hosting the Memorial Cup, so he could potentially miss most/all of it if London is eliminated in the next round quickly.
They could modify the suspension apparently, if that were the case.

FLYguy3911 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 12:39 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanadianFlyer88 View Post
What does the schedule look like for London? One more series, then the Memorial Cup?

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 12:50 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stizzle View Post
What does the schedule look like for London? One more series, then the Memorial Cup?
It's four rounds like the NHL, they won last over Windsor for the sweep to move on to the second round where they'll face the Guelph Storm who are arguably the best team in the CHL not just the OHL.

LegionOfDoom91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 01:02 PM
Stizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
It's four rounds like the NHL, they won last over Windsor for the sweep to move on to the second round where they'll face the Guelph Storm who are arguably the best team in the CHL not just the OHL.
Ok, thank you. Hopefully that series lasts 6 or 7.

Stizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 01:34 PM
Victory5

Funny story, I just me this dude's girlfriend in one of my classes today.

I was wearing a flyers hat and so she comes up and tells me she's dating a flyers prospect, I had never heard of him until I came back on here and saw this thread.

Victory5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 02:18 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory5 View Post

I was wearing a flyers hat and so she comes up and tells me she's dating a flyers prospect, I had never heard of him until I came back on here and saw this thread.
At least you're forewarned what he'll do to you if you hit on her.

BernieParent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 02:42 PM
Flyotes
DownieFaceSoftener

You're making it sound like she just waltzed up to you and said she's dating a Flyer's prospect... seems odd. More details bruh.

Flyotes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 02:54 PM
BernieParent

Drat. I just thought of the best title for the article about the stick-swinging incident: Stolarz Struck.

Old
03-28-2014, 03:53 PM
MP92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory5 View Post

You never heard of Stolarz? You must not follow that closely.

MP92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 04:14 PM
CSKA1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Drat. I just thought of the best title for the article about the stick-swinging incident: Stolarz Struck.
"A shot of Stoli"?

CSKA1974 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2014, 04:20 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSKA1974 View Post
"A shot of Stoli"?
Touché

Old
03-28-2014, 10:57 PM
Sniped
Snowballs at Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownieFaceSoftener View Post
You're making it sound like she just waltzed up to you and said she's dating a Flyer's prospect... seems odd. More details bruh.
Lol, that's what I was thinking. Pretty random man.

Sniped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 01:09 PM
ORYX

The situation for Stolarz and the Knights is this:

The London Knights entered the playoffs as the hottest team by far, losing about 3 games the 2 months prior.

Stolarz is suspended for 7 more games, with Round two about to start against the Guelph Storm, as mentioned. Guelph is a top team not only in the OHL, but CHL.

Guelph's situation is Brock McGinn (Brother of Ty) is suspended for another 6 games - he received an 8 game suspension as well, in round one against Plymouth. Guelph also has a significant injury to one of their top forwards, in Robbi Fabbri.

Guelph is also riding two goalies who have not seen playoff action until this season, let alone a starters role.

So it's two goliath teams, missing significant pieces running into eachother early.

As for the potential to appeal. If London is eliminated, and games remain for Stolarz, he can appeal the remaining games to a panel with a rep from each league. They can choose to uphold the suspension, reduce it, or eliminate any remaining games for the Tournament.

I am a Kitchener Rangers season ticket holder, follow the OHL Very closely, and see both London/Guelph on a regular basis and I can't call the series. If both teams were healthy, I'd take Guelph, but with both missing significant pieces, its a coin toss IMO. I expect this to go 6-7 hard fought games.

ORYX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 01:11 PM
Roo Mad Bro
U havin a giggle m8?

^Any reason why you think Stolarz has struggled in his OHL career against Kitchener? Seems like that squad has his number.

Roo Mad Bro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-29-2014, 01:30 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BringBackStevens View Post
A suspension is understandable, but boy there appeared to be next to no force behind that.

8 games is pretty crazy
The OHL hands out lengthy suspensions like they're nothing, they have a zero tolerance approach when it comes to head shots.

I think there's been like 5 or 6 players suspended so far through round 1 & the lowest amount of games on the suspension was like 5.

Old
03-29-2014, 02:12 PM
BernieParent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOfDoom91 View Post
The OHL hands out lengthy suspensions like they're nothing, they have a zero tolerance approach when it comes to head shots.

I think there's been like 5 or 6 players suspended so far through round 1 & the lowest amount of games on the suspension was like 5.
Good on them. The NHL should take a page from their book, literally and figuratively. Swing your stick at an opponent's head? Come down hard on him, no matter if the opponent isn't seriously injured. Even the "bullying" rule and related suspension is intended to teach these young players about how to act on the ice.

Does it have a lasting impact? I don't know. Continuity to the NHL would be helpful in this regard.

Old
03-29-2014, 02:22 PM
LegionOfDoom91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernieParent View Post
Good on them. The NHL should take a page from their book, literally and figuratively. Swing your stick at an opponent's head? Come down hard on him, no matter if the opponent isn't seriously injured. Even the "bullying" rule and related suspension is intended to teach these young players about how to act on the ice.

Does it have a lasting impact? I don't know. Continuity to the NHL would be helpful in this regard.
There's just too much money at stake for the NHL for them to give out lengthy suspensions on the regular plus there is not only just the owners to deal with but the players union as well. That's why the OHL is allowed to have these rules in place.

It may not sound right but that's the way it goes unfortunately.

Old
05-22-2014, 09:08 AM
CanuckistanFlyerfan

After watching Stolarz stumble his way in the 2013 OHL championship I was concerned about what I thought was a bright spot in our goaltending prospects.

Since then I've watched him get pulled in the OHL championship and his backup help win the series, get pulled twice in the following Memorial Cup where he put up a 4.50 GAA and a .872 save percentage. This year he got himself suspended in the 1st round of the OHL playoffs. London was eliminated in the 2nd but as hosts had a bye to the Memorial Cup. Stolarz got yanked in 2 games including last nights elimination where he booted a bank shot off the backboards into his own net to put his team down 3-1. In fairness to him Patterson didn't look any better.

The guy looks solid as a rock in the regular season, but just seems to fold under pressure in big games. I hope some time on the farm can get his head on straight when it counts.

CanuckistanFlyerfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 09:12 AM
dats81

His mental toughness or lack thereof is a little alarming but he is still young.

dats81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 09:37 AM
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave

vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Wasn't Stolarz pretty good in last year's playoffs?

DrinkFightFlyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 09:41 AM
flyershockey

It didn't help that he hadn't played in weeks before the Memorial Cup, or that his teammates looked like they had no desire to be there.

flyershockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-22-2014, 09:46 AM
Jtown

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyershockey View Post
It didn't help that he hadn't played in weeks before the Memorial Cup, or that his teammates looked like they had no desire to be there.
this.

Jtown is offline   Reply With Quote