HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Blacker call up (Fraser had surgery to repair fracture)

Old
05-09-2013, 09:09 PM
Mikeyg
Smackin' haterz

vCash: 500
well, sorry about the injury but it was definitely avoidable, and its honestly ridicules that he isnt wearing a visor. It NEEDS to be mandatory, enough of this crap, how many players need to go down before the visor is mandatory? the answer is too many. Think about it this way, if you are forced to wear shin pads to protect your legs against shots/sticks.... when your leg bones are MASSIVE, why should you not have to wear a visor when you could risk losing your vision, it makes ZERO sense, it doesn't affect your offense or vision at all, these idiots need to be wearing visors, enough is enough. A player going down in the playoffs can make the whole difference on a series, imagine if we lost phil or JVR to this same injury during the stretch of the year, there is absolutely zero chance that we make the playoffs with them out. Look at the staals, its sad that it literally took one of their brothers almost losing his vision potentially for them to smarten up and put them on. Put them on and save yourself, its not a matter of "swagger" its a matter of safety. Its ironic that a body check to the head is a penalty, but a slap shot to the head is not (whereby obviously it isnt a penalty but it generates just as much if not MUCH more force at times) put the visors on please and save yourself.

Mikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 10:37 PM
Swervin81
aka LeafsSharksBoy

Even if another dman gets hurt, no way Blacker plays, as Holzer and Komisarek likely get called up to play before Blacker draws in.

Swervin81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:40 PM
Vxnation

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyg View Post
well, sorry about the injury but it was definitely avoidable, and its honestly ridicules that he isnt wearing a visor. It NEEDS to be mandatory, enough of this crap, how many players need to go down before the visor is mandatory? the answer is too many. Think about it this way, if you are forced to wear shin pads to protect your legs against shots/sticks.... when your leg bones are MASSIVE, why should you not have to wear a visor when you could risk losing your vision, it makes ZERO sense, it doesn't affect your offense or vision at all, these idiots need to be wearing visors, enough is enough. A player going down in the playoffs can make the whole difference on a series, imagine if we lost phil or JVR to this same injury during the stretch of the year, there is absolutely zero chance that we make the playoffs with them out. Look at the staals, its sad that it literally took one of their brothers almost losing his vision potentially for them to smarten up and put them on. Put them on and save yourself, its not a matter of "swagger" its a matter of safety. Its ironic that a body check to the head is a penalty, but a slap shot to the head is not (whereby obviously it isnt a penalty but it generates just as much if not MUCH more force at times) put the visors on please and save yourself.
Well since fraser likes to fight , hed be at a disadantage wearing a visor, he either takes his helmet off or risks a nice punch to the visor whicch in turn destroys his face. I guess the puck got the better of his forehead anyways though.

Vxnation is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:43 PM
Rare Jewel
Patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swervin81 View Post
Even if another dman gets hurt, no way Blacker plays, as Holzer and Komisarek likely get called up to play before Blacker draws in.
I'd rather have Blacker in to be honest.

Rare Jewel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:43 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drew311 View Post
Really?

actually has good insight on some things
even though I do get annoyed when he harps on grabo

mikebel111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:45 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post

as earnie said
they sure thing highly of jesse. hence the two call ups
he will knock on the door in training camp next season

Old
05-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Interactif
Meet The New Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rare Jewel View Post
I'd rather have Kostka, too bad Ranger can't be called up. He is clearly the best NHL ready D man with the Marlies right now.

Interactif is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:52 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interactif View Post
I'd rather have Kostka, too bad Ranger can't be called up. He is clearly the best NHL ready D man with the Marlies right now.

so, blacker is also on your hate list it seems, like grabo

kostka makes all sort of mistakes

blacker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kostka

Old
05-10-2013, 09:54 PM
Interactif
Meet The New Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebel111 View Post
so, blacker is also on your hate list it seems, like grabo

kostka makes all sort of mistakes

blacker>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>kostka
He's not ready, what hate, he isn't ready. He struggles more times than not at the AHL level, that's a lot to expect from a player to make a jump to a game 6 against the Bruins. He would melt under the pressure and it may ruin his confidence for good. His development has been slower than expected. Jesse has the tools for the game, his head needs to catch up to his skills.

Old
05-10-2013, 09:56 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
He's not ready, what hate, he isn't ready. He struggles more times than not at the AHL level, that's a lot to expect from a player to make a jump to a game 6 against the Bruins. He would melt under the pressure and it may ruin his confidence for good. His development has been slower than expected.

I am not saying he is ready, but he has been one of the more reliable dman on the marlies for the last 3 months

yet you say, that kostka is better

Old
05-10-2013, 09:59 PM
Interactif
Meet The New Boss

Quote:
I am not saying he is ready, but he has been one of the more reliable dman on the marlies for the last 3 months

yet you say, that kostka is better
Kostka is, if he were with the Marlies, he would be the clearcut best D man down there.

Old
05-10-2013, 10:11 PM
mikebel111
Optimistic/Patient

Quote:
Kostka is, if he were with the Marlies, he would be the clearcut best D man down there.

on the marlies, yes
but nhl, he gets exposed
oh well, I believe blacker will prove you wrong
plus he is a late bloomer in every level. give him time, he will figure it out

Old
05-10-2013, 10:40 PM
Interactif
Meet The New Boss

Quote:
on the marlies, yes
but nhl, he gets exposed
oh well, I believe blacker will prove you wrong
plus he is a late bloomer in every level. give him time, he will figure it out
I hope he proves me wrong, nothing more I would love is for Morrison's picks pan out. I'm bullish on most of Mo's picks as most know here, but I won't just blindly tout them because I respect MO's picks.

I don't think Blacker and Ryan will be one of his better 2 picks, for 2nd rounders these 2 may top off as 4th line or 6th or 7th defence men. But let's hope they do better, just don't see it now.