HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > International Tournaments
International Tournaments Discuss international tournaments such as the World Juniors, Olympic hockey, and Ice Hockey World Championships, as they take place; or discuss past tournaments.

IIHF ref is a joke

Old
05-14-2013, 07:40 PM
admire

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mehar View Post
I agree that the officiating of the WC is one of the reasons NA fans do not treat the tournament seriously. The international officiating is at times a joke with its horrific calls. However, watching this year's tournament, i must say that i feel the

officiating is nothing out of the ordinary compared to past WC events. I do sympathize with the officials because this is the hardest sport to ref in my opinion, and even the best officials will not get everything right all the time.
well, at least you guys aren't short on reasons why you don't care.

I think the refs has been worse this year than they usually are, especially with penalties that they didn't call as much as the ones they did. To have quite a few suspensions given after the games when they only got 2 mins in the game is just crap. Only benifits the next team that team plays instead of the team where the infraction happened. That system would also ensure that Tollefsen gets thrown out every other period So everybody wins

admire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 11:08 AM
suomi12

This is ridiculous? The USA 0 penalties. What's wrong with you, Marcus Vinnerborg?

suomi12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 11:46 AM
Fin9*

Quote:
Originally Posted by suomi12 View Post
This is ridiculous? The USA 0 penalties. What's wrong with you, Marcus Vinnerborg?
lol dont be such a homer. Its a medal game the refs were great tonight, compared to the other games so far imo.

Fin9* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-19-2013, 11:46 AM
LiveeviL
No unique points

vCash: 50
Send a message via ICQ to LiveeviL
Quote:
Originally Posted by suomi12 View Post

Being ref in the NHL/AHL to long?

LiveeviL is offline   Reply With Quote