HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part 17: What does "bold" mean?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-11-2013, 12:58 PM
  #226
BarDownBobo
Registered User
 
BarDownBobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yak City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ponokanocker View Post
2 trades that I'll throw out there.

To Columbus: Hemsky(Oilers eat $1.5M of contract), #7, Oilers 2nd, b level prospect

To Edmonton: Dubinsky, #14, #23


Then,

To Buffalo: #14, #23

To Edmonton: Myers

I realize Myers is a big risk, but he is still young and could rebound to his former form in a new environment. Buffalo gets good value with 2 mid 1'st in a solid draft year. It's really a risk for both clubs as we are dealing draft picks to get Myers.

Dubinsky gives us a player who could take draws for Gagner, then shift over to the wing.

Flame away.
That first deal is actually really intriguing. If you were to skip the second deal, and turn the picks into say Lazar and Valentin Zykov, that could turn out really well. All depends who the B Level prospect is...

BarDownBobo is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 01:24 PM
  #227
ponokanocker
Registered User
 
ponokanocker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 2,866
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
I wouldn't touch Myers. He was playing mediocre before his injury but then we'd have to wait for him to recover....then rebound enough to play...then hope he turns out as good as he was. Too much time and risk. I don't know about the dubinsky thing, I sort of like trading down like that but history shows that isn't very wise.
I agree Myers is a risk. You could substitute him for Shattenkirk here.

ponokanocker is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 02:20 PM
  #228
Soundwave
Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 24,094
vCash: 500
How about Hemsky for Jay Bo? We need puck movement off our back end, plain and simple.

Soundwave is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 02:53 PM
  #229
Hockey Buddha
Darnell Nurse
 
Hockey Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,352
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by armandh01 View Post
I wouldn't touch Myers. He was playing mediocre before his injury but then we'd have to wait for him to recover....then rebound enough to play...then hope he turns out as good as he was. Too much time and risk. I don't know about the dubinsky thing, I sort of like trading down like that but history shows that isn't very wise.
Myers is a 23-year-old defenseman signed to a decent cap hit long term. There's little doubt that he will rebound imo; he has massive upside. Long-term I think he is a perfect deal to make, and I'd nab him if it is in any way possible. I sincerely doubt he is available, but he's precisely the kind of player needed for the team to move forward. He has a wrist injury; it's not like a back injury or something else potentially risky. The guy's play has fallen off offensively some (and that's the only possible reason he might be available), but he is 23 and quite legitimately having the potential of a Pronger or Chara type. He is a huge minute eater, who is crazy difficult to play against, young and highly skilled. I don't see the downside or real risk here. If he's available, you get him without hesitation, and you wait for him to figure his game out again and dominate in the league for years to come. The guy is simply a gem. All young defenseman struggle at times.

Hockey Buddha is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 03:24 PM
  #230
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Ranger Fan Proposal

To

Michael Del Zotto
Rights to Ryane Clowe

To
7th Overall Pick
Magnus Paajarvi

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 03:29 PM
  #231
JSC
Registered Sniper
 
JSC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,046
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
To

Michael Del Zotto
Rights to Ryane Clowe

To
7th Overall Pick
Magnus Paajarvi
Wouldn't touch this deal with a 20 ft pole.

7th Overall > Del Zotto
Paajarvi >> Rights to Clowe

JSC is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 03:38 PM
  #232
AlowlyOilersfan
Comrade
 
AlowlyOilersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,042
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
To

Michael Del Zotto
Rights to Ryane Clowe

To
7th Overall Pick
Magnus Paajarvi
At least include Kreider

AlowlyOilersfan is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 03:39 PM
  #233
BarDownBobo
Registered User
 
BarDownBobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yak City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
To

Michael Del Zotto
Rights to Ryane Clowe

To
7th Overall Pick
Magnus Paajarvi
MacDonagh instead of del Zotto and maybe.....

BarDownBobo is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 03:50 PM
  #234
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Wouldn't touch this deal with a 20 ft pole.

7th Overall > Del Zotto
Paajarvi >> Rights to Clowe

Would I do the original trade? No.

But

MDZ is a 40-pt scoring, PP-QBing, + player playing 4D minutes because he's got 3 top-pairing defensemen playing ahead of him.

He played 23+ min/night for them in the regular season...

An established top-4 defenseman (arguably top-3 on any other team) that's only 22yo who puts up 40pts a year and can play the PP....and he's not worth a 7th overall pick?

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 03:52 PM
  #235
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
MacDonagh instead of del Zotto and maybe.....
NYR wouldn't move McDonagh even for the 2nd/3rd overall pick. Arguably even the 1st overall pick.

Look at the job he's doing on Ovechkin in that WAS series. When's the last time he only put up 2p in 5gp in the playoffs?

Hell, McDonagh's playing the toughest minutes of anyone on NYR and he's still a plus player.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 04:12 PM
  #236
Koto
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2011
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,258
vCash: 500
hahahahah the 7th OA>MDZ? jesus, who needs young top-4 dmen that move the puck and score points anyway.



in the nhl.

Koto is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 04:17 PM
  #237
SHO NUFF*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
To

Michael Del Zotto
Rights to Ryane Clowe

To
7th Overall Pick
Magnus Paajarvi
I like this proposal. Del Zotto is exactly what the Oilers are looking for - a young, proven, left shot puck moving defenseman. He offers immediate help, and as a 22 year old still has plenty of upside. If Clowe would sign in Edmonton, I'd pull the trigger on this one.

SHO NUFF* is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 04:18 PM
  #238
Bergeron47
Registered User
 
Bergeron47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Australia
Country: Australia
Posts: 7,448
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
Would I do the original trade? No.

But

MDZ is a 40-pt scoring, PP-QBing, + player playing 4D minutes because he's got 3 top-pairing defensemen playing ahead of him.

He played 23+ min/night for them in the regular season...

An established top-4 defenseman (arguably top-3 on any other team) that's only 22yo who puts up 40pts a year and can play the PP....and he's not worth a 7th overall pick?
You basically just listed why the Rangers wouldn't do this deal.
Theyre in win-now mode, this makes absolutely no sense.

Also sorry to reign on everyone's parade, but the day Gaborik got traded to Columbus was the day the possibility of Hemsky to Columbus got eliminated.
Posters here need to look at their proposals from both teams' perspective, not just the Oilers. It's like if Flyers fans proposed on their board 'hey, we need goaltending help and a skilled winger, let's trade our 1st, Briere & Mason for Eberle and Dubnyk'

Bergeron47 is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 04:28 PM
  #239
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSC View Post
Wouldn't touch this deal with a 20 ft pole.

7th Overall > Del Zotto
Paajarvi >> Rights to Clowe
I can understand Paajarvi > Clowe, but what makes the 7th overall better than MDZ? Just curious.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 04:29 PM
  #240
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
NYR wouldn't move McDonagh even for the 2nd/3rd overall pick. Arguably even the 1st overall pick.

Look at the job he's doing on Ovechkin in that WAS series. When's the last time he only put up 2p in 5gp in the playoffs?

Hell, McDonagh's playing the toughest minutes of anyone on NYR and he's still a plus player.
This is correct. McDonagh is untouchable for this team. He makes Del Zotto, another top young D-man expandable.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 04:33 PM
  #241
Kershaw
 
Kershaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Country:
Posts: 25,519
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHO NUFF View Post
I like this proposal. Del Zotto is exactly what the Oilers are looking for - a young, proven, left shot puck moving defenseman. He offers immediate help, and as a 22 year old still has plenty of upside. If Clowe would sign in Edmonton, I'd pull the trigger on this one.
Agreed, I think MDZ and Clowe would be perfect fit for Edmonton.

Clowe-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov

Not sure about the bottom 6 players, will Horcoff and Smyth be back? Will Hemsky be traded? Prospects coming up?

MDZ-Schultz
Petry-Smid
Schultz-Klefbom?/Potter?

Rangers could add a piece like Nichushkin as a scoring winger they need. Paajarvi would help with youth movement.

Paajarvi-Lindberg-Fasth future 3rd line

Nichushkin-Stepan-Nash.

Kershaw is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 04:55 PM
  #242
SHO NUFF*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kershaw View Post
Agreed, I think MDZ and Clowe would be perfect fit for Edmonton.

Clowe-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov

Not sure about the bottom 6 players, will Horcoff and Smyth be back? Will Hemsky be traded? Prospects coming up?

MDZ-Schultz
Petry-Smid
Schultz-Klefbom?/Potter?

Rangers could add a piece like Nichushkin as a scoring winger they need. Paajarvi would help with youth movement.

Paajarvi-Lindberg-Fasth future 3rd line

Nichushkin-Stepan-Nash.
I actually proposed a potential MDZ/#7 swap in another thread just a few days ago. There's value in this deal for both sides here. If we're moving #7, we need a piece that can immediately address a significant team need. That said, I'd certainly try to gauge the interest guys like Mark Streit and David Clarkson would have in coming to Edmonton prior to making the deal as we wouldn't have to surrender any assets for them.

SHO NUFF* is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 04:55 PM
  #243
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,551
vCash: 500
So some of you really think that 7th OA > MDZ? No just No.
I would rather hold onto the pick but young 40 pt defensemen who love to hit don't come around too often. If he gets offered for the pick, you have to do that deal.
Would have to get him signed long term though.

CupofOil is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 05:11 PM
  #244
SHO NUFF*
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
One catch to the proposal is the Rangers can't trade the rights to Clowe, once their season ends he's UFA. Still intrigued by MDZ though.

SHO NUFF* is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 05:18 PM
  #245
BarDownBobo
Registered User
 
BarDownBobo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Yak City
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,684
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Perfect Human View Post
NYR wouldn't move McDonagh even for the 2nd/3rd overall pick. Arguably even the 1st overall pick.

Look at the job he's doing on Ovechkin in that WAS series. When's the last time he only put up 2p in 5gp in the playoffs?

Hell, McDonagh's playing the toughest minutes of anyone on NYR and he's still a plus player.
Oh I agree. I wouldn't do it from the Rangers perspective. I'm just saying that's more a deal that Edm would do. I really don't see MDZ as filling a need in Edm really.

BarDownBobo is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 05:19 PM
  #246
The Nuge
Farewell Smytty
 
The Nuge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vancouver, BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,452
vCash: 1026
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHO NUFF View Post
One catch to the proposal is the Rangers can't trade the rights to Clowe, once their season ends he's UFA. Still intrigued by MDZ though.
Clowe isn't the type of guy we should be going after anyways. He's too slow

__________________
"The Sabres think the suck is their ally? They merely adopted the suck. The Oilers were born in it...molded by it" - dnicks17
The Nuge is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 05:21 PM
  #247
CupofOil
Registered User
 
CupofOil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Rock Bottom
Country: United States
Posts: 13,551
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarDownBobo View Post
Oh I agree. I wouldn't do it from the Rangers perspective. I'm just saying that's more a deal that Edm would do. I really don't see MDZ as filling a need in Edm really.
How does MDZ not fill a need?
The Oilers need a top 4 puckmover. He's a top 4 puckmover.
The Oilers need defensemen who compete hard and hit. He does both.
The Oilers need a LHD. He's a LHD.

It seems to me that he fills a lot of needs.

CupofOil is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 05:25 PM
  #248
haterbehatin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 766
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=Kershaw;65835783]Agreed, I think MDZ and Clowe would be perfect fit for Edmonton.

Clowe-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov

I'm just not sure Clowe is a top 6 player at this point in his career, was this season just a blip and a career low? Quite possibly but with Paajarvi well on his way to becoming what Clowe was at his peak I just don't see the logic in moving Magnus for his signing rights especially when Clowe was supposedly asking for a new deal in the 5 million a year range.

haterbehatin is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 05:30 PM
  #249
The Perfect Human*
Bow Down to Lidas
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,672
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by haterbehatin View Post
Clowe-RNH-Eberle
Hall-Gagner-Yakupov

I'm just not sure Clowe is a top 6 player at this point in his career, was this season just a blip and a career low? Quite possibly but with Paajarvi well on his way to becoming what Clowe was at his peak I just don't see the logic in moving Magnus for his signing rights especially when Clowe was supposedly asking for a new deal in the 5 million a year range.
Agreed. He's a complete nonfactor in that NYR-WAS series. I see no point to wasting assets on acquiring him.

The Perfect Human* is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 05:44 PM
  #250
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,655
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHO NUFF View Post
One catch to the proposal is the Rangers can't trade the rights to Clowe, once their season ends he's UFA. Still intrigued by MDZ though.
He becomes a UFA on July 1st.

Fourier is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.