HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumours and Proposals Thread Part 17: What does "bold" mean?

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2013, 04:12 PM
stoff

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by enthropi View Post
It's quite strange that you think that way, since Lubo will be 37 before Streit even turns 36... ie, it's pretty much the same age situation. I wouldn't hesitate to get Streit, and he is way less complicated/injury-prone than Lubo on top of that.
It's the extra year. By then we need to sign Schultz, yak, and rnh to new deals. I don't want a 5 million dollar cap hit on a 39 year old player preventing us in doing so.

Maybe I'm being too risk averse but I believe there are just so many other players that will be available for trade because of lowering cap, or players being bought out, that we can find better alternatives that more properly address our problem with fewer risks.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs

Signing Streit for big money at his age would be a mistake. There are going to be a lot of players available this summer and MacT needs to keep his options open while using his cap space effectively. I don't consider signing a 36 year old to a 5 million per year deal an effective use of cap space.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:23 PM
Petro Points

vCash: 885
My a little Bolder than spending 5.5M on Streit proposal:

To WSH: Paajarvi + Hemsky + 2013 1st + 2014 1st

To EDM: Ovechkin

Ovy-Nuge-Yak
Hall-Gagner-Ebs

WSH has gone through too many coaches and GMs and cant seem to get that club anywhere in playoffs. Maybe time to give the franchise a new look and trade away Ovy while is value is pretty high.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:43 PM
t0nedeff

Do you actually even believe that Washington would except that garbage proposal?

Old
05-14-2013, 05:43 PM
nofool6110
Best @ tanking ainec

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post

Ovy-Nuge-Yak
Hall-Gagner-Ebs

WSH has gone through too many coaches and GMs and cant seem to get that club anywhere in playoffs. Maybe time to give the franchise a new look and trade away Ovy while is value is pretty high.
MacT, Lowe, Kreuger - No cap! No cap! La-la-la-la-la

Katz - Fools! There will be a cap! It will be set at 100 million dollars! Stick with a new arena, and you'll never go hungry again!

Etc, etc.

Old
05-14-2013, 05:46 PM
stoff

Mike Heika who covers the Stars just said on Gregor's show that he sees Robidas, Daley and Goligoski all being available this summer.

I would have little interest in Goligoski because of his cap hit compared to how effective he is.

But i would be interested in the other 2. Daley is signed for 3 more years i believe at 3.5 million. LHD who is good defensively, has a good shot, and is a decent puckmover. I have been advocating him for awhile around here. I think he is perfect fit for what we need.

I would like Robidas as well as he is a solid d man. Most people know of his abilities. He is only signed for 1 more year tho so i wouldn't give up too much for him.

Any interest in these 3?

Old
05-14-2013, 05:54 PM
doubledown99

Quote:
Originally Posted by stoff View Post
Mike Heika who covers the Stars just said on Gregor's show that he sees Robidas, Daley and Goligoski all being available this summer.

I would have little interest in Goligoski because of his cap hit compared to how effective he is.

But i would be interested in the other 2. Daley is signed for 3 more years i believe at 3.5 million. LHD who is good defensively, has a good shot, and is a decent puckmover. I have been advocating him for awhile around here. I think he is perfect fit for what we need.

I would like Robidas as well as he is a solid d man. Most people know of his abilities. He is only signed for 1 more year tho so i wouldn't give up too much for him.

Any interest in these 3?
Robidas yes.....I think he is underrated and a pretty good dman. Daley I like also but depends on the cost. I think both are top 4 guys but maybe no better than #3s....Daley can play on the top pairing I think but he'd be in the lower end as a top pairing from my views. Maybe the advanced stats guys can shed more light....

Old
05-14-2013, 06:26 PM
Uindicator

Why is everyone going after another offensive d-man , we have shultz who will be one of the best , the rest should just do their job and defend. Get big and mean back there.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:32 PM
belair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uindicator View Post
Why is everyone going after another offensive d-man , we have shultz who will be one of the best , the rest should just do their job and defend. Get big and mean back there.
We're not going after another OFD. We're going after a guy who isn't going to give the puck away the moment he gets it. Puck movement is a massive flaw on this team.

We're also looking for a guy who can effectively play more minutes than Smid and Petry because they aren't capable of 25+ per game just yet.

I understand your want for big and mean back there with the other attributes I just listed, but unfortunately guys like Francois Beauchemin aren't available.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:42 PM
Groucho
Tier 1 Fan

Robidas is another RHD, and our blueline is getting jammed with those.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:44 PM
Uindicator

Im confident guys like Tyler myers and erik gudbranson will find their game, d-men take time to evolve, and some trades can be done for them i think.

Old
05-14-2013, 06:48 PM
stoff

Quote:
Like belair said, we aren't going after offensive d men we are going after dmen who can move the puck. We spend too much time in our zone as it is and most of our dmen this year just wrap it around the boards. We need guys who can retrieve the puck and make a quick outlet pass and get it out of the zone.

I would like to be like Pittsburgh. The coaches implemented a system where when the puck is dumped in they have 7 seconds to retrieve it and move it out. This goes a long way to playing minimal time in our zone and leads to alot more time on transition and in the opposition zone.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:15 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groucho View Post
Robidas is another RHD, and our blueline is getting jammed with those.
Rather have Robidas over Potter, Robidas would be a hell of alot harder to play against.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:25 PM
Oilbleeder
Lead us to glory.

vCash: 81
I'd be game for Robdias. Try get him and a puck mover like Yandle.

Yandle-Robdias
Smid-Petry
Schultz-Schultz
Teubert

Would allow Klefbom to develop in the AHL and adjust slowly, and give us a better D imo.

05-14-2013, 07:31 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Bingo. Management has been harping for years how the Oilers are going to be harder to play against. Its time to stop talking and start doing.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:39 PM
Jimmi Jenkins
Always the Bards

vCash: 612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
I'd be game for Robdias. Try get him and a puck mover like Yandle.

Yandle-Robdias
Smid-Petry
Schultz-Schultz
Teubert

Would allow Klefbom to develop in the AHL and adjust slowly, and give us a better D imo.
Or let Klefbom play in the NHL if (like when) he shows he's good enough and let Teubert go in the summer because he's not an NHL player.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:44 PM
dnicks17

Robidas looked pretty good mentoring Brenden Dillon.

Probably would make the most sense to put him with Klefbom if we did acquire him.

Smid-Petry
Klefbom-Robidas
Schultz-Schultz

Old
05-14-2013, 07:47 PM
I am the Liquor

vCash: 8345
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
Robidas looked pretty good mentoring Brenden Dillon.

Probably would make the most sense to put him with Klefbom if we did acquire him.

Smid-Petry
Klefbom-Robidas
Schultz-Schultz
That d core is soft and gross and is going nowhere near the playoffs.

Old
05-14-2013, 07:54 PM
dnicks17

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Sounds like an Oilers D core to me.

Old
05-14-2013, 08:43 PM
Uindicator

Smid(6-3) Myers(6-8)
Shultz(6-2) Shultz(6-2)
Gudbranson(6-5) O'byrne (6-5)
Eminger (6-2) Klefbom (6-3)
Teubert (6-4) Marincin (6-5)
Musil (6-3)

N. Shultz is prolly gone the next year to free up a little cap room.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:02 PM
jumptheshark
Give the dog a bone

vCash: 1850
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post

Ovy-Nuge-Yak
Hall-Gagner-Ebs

you do realize there is cap and eberle and hall kick off 6mill deals next year, gagner is looking at 5mill a year, nuge in 2 years gets 5 to 6 and in 3 years yak will be getting 6+

Old
05-14-2013, 09:08 PM
stoff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jumptheshark View Post
you do realize there is cap and eberle and hall kick off 6mill deals next year, gagner is looking at 5mill a year, nuge in 2 years gets 5 to 6 and in 3 years yak will be getting 6+
He probably plays NHL13 with the no cap setting.

Old
05-14-2013, 09:10 PM
Lay Z Boy GM

I hope MacT doesn't read these boards.

We could use a vet like Robidas, but I wouldn't want to rely on him too much. If anything I think we need a top pairing dman so Smid/Petry can get more relaxed minutes. Once those guys don't have to play 25 mins a night against the toughest matchups I think they'll look quite a bit better.

Klefbom has to start in the AHL imo. The guy was supposed to play another year in the SEL, I don't see how he can go from missing a year of development to playing in the NHL. It's too big of a leap. At least start him out in the AHL for a couple months to ease him into NA hockey. I also want to see us be consistent with prospects, unless you're a 1st overall you should have to earn your spot like anyone else. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited about Klefbom but we should be careful with prospects like him.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:01 PM
MinnesotaFats

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by I am the Liquor View Post
Not to worry...we'll have Vermette as our #1 C. He's the total package, real deal.

Old
05-14-2013, 10:19 PM
doubledown99

Ana has been looking for a #2 center for a long time. I've always felt Gagner would be great there behind Getzlaf.

Now this probably isn't realistic as teams don't move puck moving dmen but what about a trade around:

Gagner
for
Fowler

?

They have Lindholm in the pipeline....Pieces can be added to either side to even it up....

I also wouldn't be opposed to Beauchemin (for Gags) but I'm guessing others wouldn't be so keen on that

Closed Thread