HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

2013- Out of Town Scoreboard - Part 7 - Ovechbox360

Old
05-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDevilsfan26 View Post
San Jose/Chicago could be a hell of a series. That would be a toss up in my opinion.
That's why I wanted Detroit to go over Anaheim. I think San Jose could be a good threat to the Hawks, but I like their chances if they face LA first, and then the Hawks in the ECF.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensu View Post
wow Mikko Koivu didn't even get on the scoreboard this entire series.
People call him overrated, but is he really overrated? Some people don't even know who the hell he is.

Bleedred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:17 PM
NJDevs26
Status quo

I've always thought Mikko was underrated lmfao (especially considering he's Saku's brother - or maybe because he is), but he didn't do himself any favors this series.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:18 PM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevs26 View Post
When did he 'ever' say that? That sounds like something Marty would say, not Zach
Lol he did....

“I don’t know why we would be playing second fiddle. We’ve won,” Parise said defiantly. “They’ve been around longer. They’ve got the media. They have a huge fan base. But if you go on winning alone it’s not really a contest – if you compare how many times this team has won compared to them in the last little while.”

“We understand in this area that the majority of the people are Rangers’ fans,” Parise said. “That’s the way it is. What do you do? You see it when we play at home. There’s a lot of Ranger fans in our building. It’s just they have a bigger fan base. That happens. That’s fine.”

I appreciated this at the time. http://blogs.northjersey.com/blogs/f...river_rivalry/

Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
I've always thought Mikko was underrated lmfao (especially considering he's Saku's brother - or maybe because he is), but he didn't do himself any favors this series.
I think Zach with Travis was better than Zach with Mikko.

Though who the hell knows if Travis without Zach is better than Mikko? Ugh.

Old
05-09-2013, 11:20 PM
Benedict Parisechuk
Army of Pandolfo's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
That's why I wanted Detroit to go over Anaheim. I think San Jose could be a good threat to the Hawks, but I like their chances if they face LA first, and then the Hawks in the ECF.

People call him overrated, but is he really overrated? Some people don't even know who the hell he is.
I actually like the Sharks chances against the Hawks. I don't know why but San Jose just seems like one of those teams that has "it" this postseason. This might finally be there year.

Benedict Parisechuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:21 PM
LouneyTunes

Some teams are built for an 82-game season and others aren't.

This year the upstart teams that usually fade away got their chance and - surprise, surprise - they're getting hammered.

Oh yeah. See you on the green, Zach. Hah.

LouneyTunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-09-2013, 11:29 PM
Richer's Ghost
Global Moderator
I'm forked

vCash: 425
Vokoun gave a big nod to Marty in the post game interview with Pierre. Talked about how shaky his puck handling is and how he's no Marty that can breakup a dump in and pass it up the ice.

Ball pits are just toilets filled with brightly colored balls instead of water.
Richer's Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:21 AM
MJMazzarone
#AnyonebutNYR

Listen guys...I'm happy Zach and the Wild lost as well but here's the thing. He's gone. Why must we bring him up all the time? Granted the Wild were in the playoffs but reading some of the comments...no offense to anyone here but all of this is starting to come off as bitter now. I personally could care less about him. Those two contracts are going to bite Minny in the ass. If we signed Parise to that same contract I have no doubt as Devils fans we'd be moaning and groaning about it and wanting to his invisible self bought out.

We need to move on. In my opinion anyway. At least until the Wild play the Devils...then it's totally fair game.

MJMazzarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:45 AM
battlingBard56

Well to be fair, some are bitter. There's no shame in that, given the way he left. Captained a team, got to the Finals, acted like he was going to resign and then bolted? Yeah, some are going to be bitter.
I've seen a couple people talk like it's petty and maybe it is, but people can feel as they want, you know? One way or the other. (Feeling happy he lost/ Not really caring.)

battlingBard56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 01:28 AM
Fayne Staley
Deboer is great

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post
Listen guys...I'm happy Zach and the Wild lost as well but here's the thing. He's gone. Why must we bring him up all the time? Granted the Wild were in the playoffs but reading some of the comments...no offense to anyone here but all of this is starting to come off as bitter now. I personally could care less about him. Those two contracts are going to bite Minny in the ass. If we signed Parise to that same contract I have no doubt as Devils fans we'd be moaning and groaning about it and wanting to his invisible self bought out.

We need to move on. In my opinion anyway. At least until the Wild play the Devils...then it's totally fair game.
I agree. It's almost a year since he left.

Last edited by Fayne Staley: 05-10-2013 at 01:35 AM.
Fayne Staley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Had we made the playoffs then I could have cared less what the Wild did. The fact we missed them gave me such satisfaction in their first round loss.

Old
05-10-2013, 02:21 AM
NJDevilsZG
I'll drive team bus

I'm honestly happy we don't have to suffer through his obligatory playoff dissapearings any more. Nor shell obscene money for the priviledge.

But I do confess - I wish him an endless string of PO misses, sprinkled only with few humiliating 1st round exits.

NJDevilsZG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:53 AM
Saugus
Ecrasez l'infame!

Send a message via AIM to Saugus
Thank you for doing us the solid, Hawks.

Saugus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 06:13 AM
Traitor Zach
Waive Gionta

Well, I guess one could say the honeymoon is now over for Parise and the Wild. Interesting to see how the situation plays out now over the next few years and with Fletcher and Yeo likely on the hot seat going forward.

Traitor Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 06:28 AM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Watched almost no Hockey yesterday but pleased with the results.

BTW-Don't look for it to change Wild fans from Zach. HE ISN'T WHAT YOU THOUGHT HE WAS.

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 06:34 AM
StvBroDan
Let Go Devils

Originally Posted by MJMazzarone View Post

You should not worry about the folks who gave a dam about Zach leaving. It will die off now that he proved most of us right, that he would not make a difference in the playoffs.

I'm more pissed as to the way it went down not that he left. Wild did us a favor. Now Lou has to replace the scoring.

StvBroDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:18 AM
engy

vCash: 344
I wonder if brodeur regrets a little not signing with the hawks last year

engy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:25 AM
sbresistor

Quote:
Originally Posted by engy View Post
I wonder if brodeur regrets a little not signing with the hawks last year
of course he does, he missed his chance to play with Oduya again

sbresistor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Yobbles
Devils/Hawks

Congrats to the Minnesota Wild. That one win was something really special.

I'm gonna go watch the Arnott goal.

Yobbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:13 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedred View Post
Parise's post game comments.

''I played my ass off this whole playoff series, and I gave it 110% on every shift just like I always do''
And had next-to-ZILCH to show for it. Looks familiar....

Quote:
''It's disappointing because I came here to win, I thought we really had a chance to win but our execution was terrible. I didn't think we played that bad though, and I also don't think our PP was that bad either''
He came here to win? HE CAME HERE(Minny) TO GET PAID WITH HIS BOY-TOY(SUTER)! He couldn't give a rat's behind about "winning".

Quote:
''It's no fun after getting a taste of being so close to the cup last year, and going home early this year. I came here to win''
Well if you remained with the Devils instead of bolting like the little turd-burglar you were, perhaps we might have snuck into the playoffs and perhaps make a Kings-like run to the Finals(hey, you never know). Enjoy your millions of doll'ahs...millions of doll'ahs....millions of doll'ahs...(tried to channel the Primetime Players there. lol )

Quote:
''Crawford only had to be as good as a pee wee goaltender tonight, and this whole series. Anybody could have beaten us, no disrespect to him''
He calls Crawford a pee wee goaltender basically and then he says "no disrespect to him"? What a hoser...

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:16 AM
NJDevs26
Status quo

lol Bleed wasn't even trying to go fishing there, those were faux quotes before the fact.

The only things Parise 'actually' said that I saw (from Russo) were that all the missed chances hurt, and not exactly giving Yeo a ringing endorsement.

NJDevs26 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:30 AM
glenwo2
PATTY'S BETTER!!!

Quote:
lol Bleed wasn't even trying to go fishing there, those were faux quotes before the fact.

The only things Parise 'actually' said that I saw (from Russo) were that all the missed chances hurt, and not exactly giving Yeo a ringing endorsement.
Really? Damn. He really nailed how Pari$e would respond, though.

He had me fooled. haha!!

glenwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 10:32 AM
CerebralGenesis

-7ach Parise

CerebralGenesis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 10:57 AM
njdevils1982
Chico for HOF!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CerebralGenesis View Post
-7ach Parise
oh man, so well played.

njdevils1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:40 PM
Bleedred
BLOW JETS BLOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenwo2 View Post
Really? Damn. He really nailed how Pari$e would respond, though.

He had me fooled. haha!!
They're all based off of quotes he's made in the past though. The pee wee goaltender part, as well as the ''No disrespect to him'' line. The ''I came here to win'' stuff too.