HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > GM Games and HF Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
GM Games and HF Leagues All GM Games and Fantasy League drafts and discussion go here.

Water Knight GM Game v2.0-Sign Up+ Discussion

Old
05-20-2013, 03:58 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilina View Post
You're always full of such great ideas!
Amongst other things

KesselLooksLikeRadar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 04:13 PM
West Coast Bias*

Send a message via ICQ to West Coast Bias* Send a message via AIM to West Coast Bias* Send a message via Yahoo to West Coast Bias*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilina View Post
You're always full of such great ideas!
Quote:
Originally Posted by KesselLooksLikeRadar View Post
Amongst other things

West Coast Bias* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 04:39 PM
Gaborikthebeast
THE CLAW

Quote:
So, idea in the chazty, have GM Game power rankings. It would be a cool thing to have, and would include the GM's in this game.
I like this idea alot

Gaborikthebeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 05:04 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

vCash: 50
Quote:
I knew I could count on you supporting this
way to bogart my idea like you bogart ____s in your mouth.

BoldNewLettuce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Water Knight

Playoff match ups:

East
(1) vs (8)
(2) vs (7)
(3) vs (6)
(4) vs (5)

West
(1) vs (8)
(2) vs (7)
(3) vs (6)
(4) vs (5)

Last edited by Water Knight: 05-20-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Water Knight

KLLR cup
East
(1) get a by into the next round

(7) vs (2)
(6) vs (3)
(5) vs (4)

West
(1) gets a bye

(7) vs (2)
(6)vs (3)
(5) vs (4)

Water Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:30 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

vs

Are you ****ing kidding me? How the **** did I not win the ****ing division? **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** **** ****.

Well, that has left me no choice, but to... Pull this... Out again...

#TROLLOFFS2014!!!

Let's make it happen. Craig Anderson can pull me through to the next round! Let's troll this ***** till the Sun goes down, then back up again!

Old
05-20-2013, 06:32 PM
Top 6 Spaling

Did people look at rosters when they voted?

Top 6 Spaling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:37 PM
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime

How did la beat Chicago... how did Edmonton become 3rd.. what the ****..

PriceIsGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:44 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

My personal GM Power Rankings

1) The Produce Man: I crowned him the best in the game, because he's probably one of the best. Ever since he came, he has taken the proverbial spotlight away from myself and the number 3 GM on the list. Very rarely does he ever lose a trade, and unlike myself, he finds a way to talk everyone out of vetoing his trades. I would say that a lot of his great trades are against rookies, so, he still needs to prove he can get it done when he trades with some of the more experienced GM's in these games. That, however, doesn't take away from the legacy that is The Produce Man, the current best in the game

2) KLLR: Losing my spot at number one hurts, especially since this is my own list and I can put myself number 1. I have quite the following, despite the fact I only have 3 Cups (1 with Nashville, 2 with Toronto) and have been in the past criticized for being a rebuilder only. Something I need to improve on is that I often don't commit to rebuilding or contending, and try to improve both the present and the future, and in a one year game, it is not often an appreciated balance. However, my legacy includes 6 GM of the Year's, 3 Cups and one trophy named after me.

3) Donghabs98: He's the commissioner for our games about 80% of the time, and, shockingly, this is not why he is on here. He has near perfected his own model of team building, which is to destroy a prospect pool, and make a contending team great. Never flaunts an ego, just lays back, and does his own business. He has also proven he can rebuild, and even, in this game, use the KLLR model of team building to great effectiveness . Always a top 3 GM, and should remain as such.

4) Lilina: You know why.

5) CoachBadKitten: I've been on record before in saying that Top 6 Spaling is a legitimate top 5 GM, and just below the top 3 tier, should be the first in the next tier. What I often do not say? CoachBadKitten deserves to be here too. He is ahead of Top 6 because he has proven recently to be a more active GM who is also not someone to flaunt egos; but makes outstanding trades and teams. His ability as someone who can wheel and deal is nearly unmatched, even managing to best the number 1 GM in a blockbuster of a deal. The fastest riser since...

6) Top 6 Spaling: I will always have a soft spot for Top 6. I remember in his very first game how much advice I had given him, and I like to think it made him somewhat better. But even my advice can't match the impact that Top 6 has. I avoid trading with him because I think he is one of the most shrewd negotiators in the game, and is one of the better team builders. The only reason he has fallen is that he has not been as active recently, but a top 5 birth is in his future

From here on, I am not going to write a paragraph for each, I will just be listing.

7) Sunsoutgunsout
8) JayP812
9) West Coast Bias
10) Datsyuk Dangles
11) Peso
12) Soul Assassin
13) FlamesFreak4
14) Hlaverty
15) Frolundasweden
16) Gaborikthebeast
17) BoldNewLettuce
18) NoahH57
19) PriceIsGod
20) Phillyyy91
21) Tyler Myers
22) Habsfannick
23) Habsfan29
24) Koivu777

Sorry if I missed anyone

Old
05-20-2013, 06:46 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

It's hard being this much better than KLLR....really it is.

Thanks to everyone who voted

We all know Hall-Stamkos-Yakupov can see me through to the next round.

#goalcellys

Old
05-20-2013, 06:47 PM
SoulAssassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriceIsGod View Post
How did la beat Chicago... how did Edmonton become 3rd.. what the ****..
The same way they won the Cup last year... dominantly!

SoulAssassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:51 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 283

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER

FORWARDS
Milan Lucic ($6.000m) / Martin Hanzal ($3.100m) / / Marian Gaborik ($7.500m)
Jonathan Huberdeau ($3.194m) /Nathan MacKinnon ($3.775m) / Ryan Malone ($4.500m)
Danny Cleary ($2.000m) / Mikhail Grabovski ($5.500m) / Nik Antropov ($0.750m)
Dustin Penner ($2.750m) / Nate Thompson ($1.600m) / Shawn Matthias ($1.900m)
George Parros ($0.938m) / Roman Cervenka ($1.200m)

DEFENSEMEN
Dmitry Kulikov ($2.500m) / Eric Brewer ($3.875m)
Ryan Whitney ($3.000m) / Erik Gudbranson ($3.200m)
Bryan Allen ($3.500m) / Sami Salo ($3.750m)
Mike Weaver ($1.100m)

GOALTENDERS
Mike Smith ($4.200m)
Scott Clemmensen ($1.200m)

OTHER
Buyout: Matt Bradley ($0.333m)

RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (4.111% of upper limit)
Kris Versteeg ($1.100mó25.0%) Brian Campbell ($1.786mó25.0%)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled with the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $72,050,718; BONUSES: $4,600,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $549,282

I am shocked we finished in the 3rd seed but that still works too . We might be the 3rd seed but forsure we are the underdogs. Vote for to keep our magical season going!.

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 06:51 PM
Gaborikthebeast
THE CLAW

Quote:

1) The Produce Man: I crowned him the best in the game, because he's probably one of the best. Ever since he came, he has taken the proverbial spotlight away from myself and the number 3 GM on the list. Very rarely does he ever lose a trade, and unlike myself, he finds a way to talk everyone out of vetoing his trades. I would say that a lot of his great trades are against rookies, so, he still needs to prove he can get it done when he trades with some of the more experienced GM's in these games. That, however, doesn't take away from the legacy that is The Produce Man, the current best in the game

2) KLLR: Losing my spot at number one hurts, especially since this is my own list and I can put myself number 1. I have quite the following, despite the fact I only have 3 Cups (1 with Nashville, 2 with Toronto) and have been in the past criticized for being a rebuilder only. Something I need to improve on is that I often don't commit to rebuilding or contending, and try to improve both the present and the future, and in a one year game, it is not often an appreciated balance. However, my legacy includes 6 GM of the Year's, 3 Cups and one trophy named after me.

3) Donghabs98: He's the commissioner for our games about 80% of the time, and, shockingly, this is not why he is on here. He has near perfected his own model of team building, which is to destroy a prospect pool, and make a contending team great. Never flaunts an ego, just lays back, and does his own business. He has also proven he can rebuild, and even, in this game, use the KLLR model of team building to great effectiveness . Always a top 3 GM, and should remain as such.

5) CoachBadKitten: I've been on record before in saying that Top 6 Spaling is a legitimate top 5 GM, and just below the top 3 tier, should be the first in the next tier. What I often do not say? CoachBadKitten deserves to be here too. He is ahead of Top 6 because he has proven recently to be a more active GM who is also not someone to flaunt egos; but makes outstanding trades and teams. His ability as someone who can wheel and deal is nearly unmatched, even managing to best the number 1 GM in a blockbuster of a deal. The fastest riser since...

6) Top 6 Spaling: I will always have a soft spot for Top 6. I remember in his very first game how much advice I had given him, and I like to think it made him somewhat better. But even my advice can't match the impact that Top 6 has. I avoid trading with him because I think he is one of the most shrewd negotiators in the game, and is one of the better team builders. The only reason he has fallen is that he has not been as active recently, but a top 5 birth is in his future

From here on, I am not going to write a paragraph for each, I will just be listing.

7) Sunsoutgunsout
8) JayP812
9) West Coast Bias
10) Datsyuk Dangles
11) Peso
12) Soul Assassin
13) FlamesFreak4
14) Hlaverty
15) Frolundasweden
16) Gaborikthebeast
17) BoldNewLettuce
18) NoahH57
19) PriceIsGod
20) Phillyyy91
21) Tyler Myers
22) Habsfannick
23) Habsfan29
24) Koivu777

Sorry if I missed anyone
C'mon KLLR I am one of a very select group to have won a cup , and just finished 15th in the east for the #1KLLR seed, and I'm 16 c'mon you know I'm better then that

Old
05-20-2013, 06:52 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 283
Quote:

I was brought to near tears

donghabs98 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 07:02 PM
West Coast Bias*

Send a message via ICQ to West Coast Bias* Send a message via AIM to West Coast Bias* Send a message via Yahoo to West Coast Bias*
Quote:

Oh, and I appreciate being placed in the tog 10. The trophy is being engraved as we speak.

West Coast Bias* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 07:02 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaborikthebeast View Post
C'mon KLLR I am one of a very select group to have won a cup , and just finished 15th in the east for the #1KLLR seed, and I'm 16 c'mon you know I'm better then that
Power rankings. You traded Stamkos and made BNL win the division

Old
05-20-2013, 07:11 PM
sunsoutgunsout
#redacted

My anger from not being the 1 seed soon disapaited when I saw I was 7th in the rankings. Right on.

sunsoutgunsout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 07:29 PM
Gaborikthebeast
THE CLAW

Quote:
Power rankings. You traded Stamkos and made BNL win the division

Oh so it's not business, it's personal......

Old
05-20-2013, 07:53 PM
BoldNewLettuce
Esquire

Bruisers and Losers

5. Jordan Nolan, Tanner Pearson, Derek Forbort, Nikolai Prokhorkin for Brandon Sutter ; Brandon Sutter is a marginal second line player and likely a career third liner. A slough of 2nd round picks is a surprising haul.

4.Martin St. Louis for Teuvo Teravainen, Brandon Saad, Brandon Pirri, Kevin Hayes; Though St. Louis has a legacy which approaches hall of fame caliber as well as a matching skill set...it is hard to argue with what Saad has brought to the Hawks A steep price paid for what could prove to be a marginal upgrade.

3. Lindholm, Pokka and Honzik for Sven Baertschi ; A big loss on the wing from a team that could use young forwards. The Canucks picked up a top goal scoring talent for some unknown commodities.

2.Mark Giordano, Ryan Johansen, David Schlemko, Dalton Thrower, Patrick Holland, Michael Bournival for Christian Ehrhoff (25% retained), Andrej Sekera (25% retained), Nathan Gerbe (25% retained); Solid move to sell cap space by the Sabres. Not so solid move by the Habs...saving a couple million dollars cost all your top prospects?

1. Sergei BOBROVSKY, Cam Atkinson, Nikita Nikitin, Ryan Murray Cory Crawford, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Andrew Shaw; I'm not even convinced CBJ upgraded at any position in this deal. They basically traded two core players in Atkinson and Murray for some lateral moves.

Old
05-20-2013, 08:18 PM
KesselLooksLikeRadar*
The People's Champ

#TrollsRemorse2014

Vote Chicago

Old
05-20-2013, 08:19 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator

Quote:

7) Sunsoutgunsout
8) JayP812
9) West Coast Bias
10) Datsyuk Dangles
11) Peso
12) Soul Assassin
13) FlamesFreak4
14) Hlaverty
15) Frolundasweden
16) Gaborikthebeast
17) BoldNewLettuce
18) NoahH57
19) PriceIsGod
20) Phillyyy91
21) Tyler Myers
22) Habsfannick
23) Habsfan29
24) Koivu777

Sorry if I missed anyone
**** you too

LatvianTwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-20-2013, 08:22 PM
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime

FORWARDS
Alex Tanguay ($3.500m) / Logan Couture ($2.875m) / Shane Doan ($5.300m)
Valtteri Filppula ($5.500m) / Lars Eller ($1.325m) / Michael Ryder ($5.000m)
David Moss ($2.100m) / Antoine Vermette ($3.750m) / Radim Vrbata ($3.000m)
Paul Bissonnette ($0.738m) / Jeff Halpern ($0.650m) / Colby Armstrong ($0.625m)
DEFENSEMEN
Oliver E.-Larsson ($5.500m) / Keith Yandle ($5.250m)
Matt Carle ($5.500m) / Alexei Emelin ($2.000m)
Zbynek Michalek ($4.000m) / Derek Morris ($2.750m)
GOALTENDERS
Niklas Backstrom ($6.000m)
Jason Labarbera ($1.000m)
RETAINED SALARY TRANSACTIONS (0.442% of upper limit)
Martin Hanzal ($0.310mó10.0%)
------
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $66,047,500; BONUSES: $0
CAP SPACE (19-man roster): $3,527,500

VS

FORWARDS
Daniel Sedin ($4.575mó25.0%) / Henrik Sedin ($4.575mó25.0%) / Chris Stewart ($4.800m)
Henrik Zetterberg ($4.563mó25.0%) / David Backes ($4.500m) / T.J. Oshie ($4.175m)
Alexander Steen ($3.363m) / Vladimir Sobotka ($1.300m) / David Perron ($3.813m)
Dmitrij Jaskin ($0.894m) / Chris Porter ($0.675m) / Ty Rattie ($0.894m)
DEFENSEMEN
Jay Bouwmeester ($6.680m) / Alex Pietrangelo ($6.000m)
Francois Beauchemin ($2.625mó25.0%) / Kevin Shattenkirk ($4.000m)
Barret Jackman ($3.167m) / Roman Polak ($2.750m)
Chris Tanev ($1.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jaroslav Halak ($3.750m)
Brian Elliott ($1.800m)
------
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,397,500; BONUSES: $365,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $167,500

CBK made a great team and i can't bash on it except for Goaltending.. But Halak has been very solid before just like Backstrom. This series would be intense, and very even , Depth is crazy good On both sides, But i think that i found a porblem...
CBK's cap is over.... CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $70,397,500; BONUSES: $365,000
CAP SPACE (21-man roster): $167,500

Old
05-20-2013, 08:24 PM
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime

Quote:

7) Sunsoutgunsout
8) JayP812
9) West Coast Bias
10) Datsyuk Dangles
11) Peso
12) Soul Assassin
13) FlamesFreak4
14) Hlaverty
15) Frolundasweden
16) Gaborikthebeast
17) BoldNewLettuce
18) NoahH57
19) PriceIsGod
20) Phillyyy91
21) Tyler Myers
22) Habsfannick
23) Habsfan29
24) Koivu777

Sorry if I missed anyone

:'C lol

Old
05-20-2013, 08:30 PM
PriceIsGod
#TokarskiTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoldNewLettuce View Post
Bruisers and Losers

5. Jordan Nolan, Tanner Pearson, Derek Forbort, Nikolai Prokhorkin for Brandon Sutter ; Brandon Sutter is a marginal second line player and likely a career third liner. A slough of 2nd round picks is a surprising haul.

4.Martin St. Louis for Teuvo Teravainen, Brandon Saad, Brandon Pirri, Kevin Hayes; Though St. Louis has a legacy which approaches hall of fame caliber as well as a matching skill set...it is hard to argue with what Saad has brought to the Hawks A steep price paid for what could prove to be a marginal upgrade.

3. Lindholm, Pokka and Honzik for Sven Baertschi ; A big loss on the wing from a team that could use young forwards. The Canucks picked up a top goal scoring talent for some unknown commodities.

2.Mark Giordano, Ryan Johansen, David Schlemko, Dalton Thrower, Patrick Holland, Michael Bournival for Christian Ehrhoff (25% retained), Andrej Sekera (25% retained), Nathan Gerbe (25% retained); Solid move to sell cap space by the Sabres. Not so solid move by the Habs...saving a couple million dollars cost all your top prospects?

1. Sergei BOBROVSKY, Cam Atkinson, Nikita Nikitin, Ryan Murray Cory Crawford, Niklas Hjalmarsson, Andrew Shaw; I'm not even convinced CBJ upgraded at any position in this deal. They basically traded two core players in Atkinson and Murray for some lateral moves.

And the karlsson deal isnt there... why ?