HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Our season's over

Old
05-10-2013, 09:31 AM
jpchabby
Drive for 25

vCash: 500
Can't wait to see what Eller, Gallagher and especially Galchenyuk are gonna do next year. While still sad that we lost so badly, I'm excited for next year!

jpchabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 09:33 AM
habsfanatics*

I can't believe we were smoked by that ****** ass hockey team.

habsfanatics* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Millpool

That clearly could have gone much differently. But it didn't. And we all know how it feels to be consistently out-performed but yet prevail over a more talented team. It sucks to be on the other side, but what can you do.

The experience gained is never a bad thing. As so many have pointed out, the future is bright, and this experience will be an important factor in the growth of the core of this team. While I can't ever be pleased with a loss, especially such a harsh one, I can look forward to what this team is growing into, and getting revenge.

Was a fun season. Will be an interesting summer.

Millpool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 10:22 AM
Jerk Store*

Congrats on a good season and series guys. The turnaround in montreal was/is very quick with the kids coming up and performing very well.

Jerk Store* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 10:31 AM
bsl

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
I agree. I actually like the Sens. The thing is we just had a frustrating playoff series with them, and it's easy to build up some hate. We will want to beat them every time we meet them next year as well. But it's not something I am going to remember in a couple years. Same thing with Philly, we had a little heat going on with them after they beat us out and then the next season with Mike Richards making comments about Subban, but last year I actually cheered them on against the Pens.
What you guys may not remember is the INTENSE PAIN of having a bad luck series when you are a real contender. This happened to Habs in 73 I think against Buffalo. I was a kid then, and just throwing chairs across the room in frustration. It was incredibly painful to know we were the better team, a contender, and just hit this **** luck, all the time, in that series.

This series was good for the kids, it will teach them about adversity. And no way we are a contender. I feel ****, but you would not believe how **** I felt in 73.

bsl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 11:07 AM
Jorge Garcia

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post
What you guys may not remember is the INTENSE PAIN of having a bad luck series when you are a real contender. This happened to Habs in 73 I think against Buffalo. I was a kid then, and just throwing chairs across the room in frustration. It was incredibly painful to know we were the better team, a contender, and just hit this **** luck, all the time, in that series.

This series was good for the kids, it will teach them about adversity. And no way we are a contender. I feel ****, but you would not believe how **** I felt in 73.
Know what you mean. The 2003 Senators were Ottawa's best team ever (better than the 2007 finalists), but lost the conference final to a far less talented NJ team that went on to win the cup. Excuses are for losers, and I'm a loser, because I've got a ton of them. Still bugs me, far more than the 2007 loss.

Jorge Garcia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 11:36 AM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

I was told by a sens fan friend that a fan threw his jersey on the ice ? I had stopped watching at that point. Also fans booed ?

Idiots the whole lot of them. Habs weren't even supposed to make the playoffs this season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsl View Post

You are right, we weren't contenders and that's why MB didn't sell the future for no reason at the deadline.

Looking forward to watching who we will draft. That will be fun with so many picks in the first 3 rounds. Also looking forward to what moves we will make this summer.

One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 11:45 AM
Shoebottom
Bruin exiting lair

Congrats guys on a great regular season Big improvement from last season. Great playoffs from Markov, Price, Ryder and Patches! If only Anderson wasn't so hot...
There's always next season, right guys?

Shoebottom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 11:47 AM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Also, wanted to say that to win in the playoffs you need two things : Luck and some goaltending. Without either you have no chance. And if you only have one, the other team better not have both. The sens had all the luck in the world and the best goalie by far. The numbers don't lie here. Everything they touched turned to gold. They hit a post and the puck would ricochet directly on their sticks, we hit posts and the puck would go wide.

This series reminded me so much of the Flyers-Habs series where habs were top seed but Biron was on fire, we had zero luck and Umberger would score on any shot.

One Less Louise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:18 PM
SB164

The hate for all things Habs on the main board is just getting tiresome at this point.

SB164 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:24 PM
Bill McNeal

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SB164 View Post
The hate for all things Habs on the main board is just getting tiresome at this point.
There are more total series threads dedicated to the Habs (13) than all the other Eastern matchups combined (12).

It's flattering.

Bill McNeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Mrb1p
PRICERSTOPDAPUCK

Quote:
Yep it is... HF is like a bunch of little sheep running around... Just gotta be the Shepard and show them the way!

Mrb1p is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Coldplay
Courage

There was no worse feeling as a fan than sitting in the Bell last night after that 3rd goal and after Colby hit the elbow.

I've never felt more helpless as a fan. It was excruciating. Like watching a terminal patient wilt away.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 12:47 PM
Nom de Guerre
You Had ONE JOB

Quote:
I quite enjoy having the HF peasants waste energy, emotions and bandwidth over the Habs. Even when eliminated we are the talk of the boards.

Nom de Guerre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 04:56 PM
optimus2861

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interlagos Blue View Post
I quite enjoy having the HF peasants waste energy, emotions and bandwidth over the Habs. Even when eliminated we are the talk of the boards.
Until the Leafs get beaten out, then the main board's ire will shift to them for a few days

optimus2861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:03 PM
dutchy29

This team has a lot of upside, but in the end, three areas that stand out,
1. Size, grit (toughness)
2. Goaltending
3. Play well with lead, no fight in terms of comeback ie. Sens series

dutchy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:09 PM
Dr Gonzo
#1 Jan Bulis Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
There was no worse feeling as a fan than sitting in the Bell last night after that 3rd goal and after Colby hit the elbow.

I've never felt more helpless as a fan. It was excruciating. Like watching a terminal patient wilt away.
I dunno, having to watch the ice crew scrape the blood off the ice after Eller got hit was pretty brutal to see live.

It was my only game at the BC this year too.

Dr Gonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 06:34 PM
Rah514

Be proud. The boys gave us a great season of games and it certainly made me feel better.

I woke up from a coma in December 2011 to see what the Habs were doing and almost wanted to go back. Glad this season they gave me something to be happy about in the midst of all the pain I am still in.

Go Habs Go

Rah514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 06:40 PM
donghabs98

vCash: 1376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post

When Boruque hit the post in the 1st all I did was look up and stare at my celling saying "Why me why this team"

donghabs98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:09 PM
Erika

This team will never go anywhere in the playoffs as long as David ''smurf'' Desharnais remains a top 2 center on this team.

What it should be in 2-3 years:

Center #1: Alex Galchenyuk
Center #2: Lars Eller
Center#3: Tomas Plekanec

David Desharnais traded by Marc Bergevin

--------------------------------------------------------------

What will probably happen under Michel Therrien:

Center #1: David Desharnais
Center #2: Tomas Plekanec
Center #3: Alex Galchenyuk

Lars Eller traded by Marc Bergevin...

Erika is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:10 PM
The EGG Line

Is it the 2013-2014 season yet?

The EGG Line is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:47 PM
Habssince89
Bandwagon Subban fan

vCash: 351
Steps (in no order) to improve for next year
-Move DD to wing
-Move Galchenyuk to C, let him do what Eller did and let him develop further.
-Promote Eller to 2C, he's ready.

-Look for a RW to play with Galchenyuk and Prust on the third line OR If Gionta isn't retired, or cannot be moved, play him on the 3rd line and not on the PP. (We are supposed to be a 3 attacking line team anyway)

-Flip Diaz (and his considerable value) For another big, physical Dman. If not trade Gorges in a package for one and keep Diaz on the 3rd pairing.
-Play Tinordi as 6D, Cube as 7D

-Bring in at least one more bottom 6 forward who can fight the big boys (and can actaully win fights) to support Prust. (Makes it easier on Prust and since he's a good player it's better to have him on the ice not in the box) Reaves?

-Reapproach and redesign both the PP and the PK. The PP is too easily figured out, the setup takes too long, and there is the wrong personnel on the units.
-Let halpern go to allow White the 4C spot (he's good on faceoffs) and open up a spot for the new fighter on the 4th
-Let Ryder and Army walk (not worth it and no room, respectively)
-Quietly let it be known Gorges can be moved for the right price (Capspace reasons and there are better options as much as we love Gorges it's true)

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Desharnais-Eller-Bourque
Prust-Galchenyuk-XXX/Gionta(plan B)
Moen-White-4th line fighter (Reaves?)
Dumont

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Mean, Physical Dman
Tinordi-Gorges/Diaz or a different PMD
Boullion

Price
Budaj

This gives us size, toughness, versatility and it lets Eller and Galchenyuk get the position and minutes they need/deserve.

Habssince89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:05 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo View Post
I dunno, having to watch the ice crew scrape the blood off the ice after Eller got hit was pretty brutal to see live.

It was my only game at the BC this year too.
Was there for that too. They were different kind of brutals.

Coldplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:51 PM
Dagistitsyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by StellerEller View Post
Steps (in no order) to improve for next year
-Move DD to wing
-Move Galchenyuk to C, let him do what Eller did and let him develop further.
-Promote Eller to 2C, he's ready.

-Look for a RW to play with Galchenyuk and Prust on the third line OR If Gionta isn't retired, or cannot be moved, play him on the 3rd line and not on the PP. (We are supposed to be a 3 attacking line team anyway)

-Flip Diaz (and his considerable value) For another big, physical Dman. If not trade Gorges in a package for one and keep Diaz on the 3rd pairing.
-Play Tinordi as 6D, Cube as 7D

-Bring in at least one more bottom 6 forward who can fight the big boys (and can actaully win fights) to support Prust. (Makes it easier on Prust and since he's a good player it's better to have him on the ice not in the box) Reaves?

-Reapproach and redesign both the PP and the PK. The PP is too easily figured out, the setup takes too long, and there is the wrong personnel on the units.
-Let halpern go to allow White the 4C spot (he's good on faceoffs) and open up a spot for the new fighter on the 4th
-Let Ryder and Army walk (not worth it and no room, respectively)
-Quietly let it be known Gorges can be moved for the right price (Capspace reasons and there are better options as much as we love Gorges it's true)

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Desharnais-Eller-Bourque
Prust-Galchenyuk-XXX/Gionta(plan B)
Moen-White-4th line fighter (Reaves?)
Dumont

Emelin-Subban
Markov-Mean, Physical Dman
Tinordi-Gorges/Diaz or a different PMD
Boullion

Price
Budaj

This gives us size, toughness, versatility and it lets Eller and Galchenyuk get the position and minutes they need/deserve.

Stewart and Reaves from STL would be perfect. It would cost a lot though.

Dagistitsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:53 PM
WORLDSTARHIPHOP
Stone 4 Calder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jorge Garcia View Post
Know what you mean. The 2003 Senators were Ottawa's best team ever (better than the 2007 finalists), but lost the conference final to a far less talented NJ team that went on to win the cup. Excuses are for losers, and I'm a loser, because I've got a ton of them. Still bugs me, far more than the 2007 loss.
That was ****ing painful. I remembered, years after, one of the Devils players leaked that once they won that series, the first thing they did in the lockerroom was not to celebrate. The first thing they did was tell each other the best team lost that series.

WORLDSTARHIPHOP is offline   Reply With Quote