HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Habs' off-season moves (all trades, proposals & free agent talk here) II

Closed Thread

Old
05-11-2013, 01:29 PM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozela View Post
I would trade Price

Blockbuster trade

To Colorado
Carey Price
Tomas Plekanec
Travis Moen
Nathan Beaulieu
1st rounder

To MTL
Ryan O'Reilly
Erik Johnson
Symeon Varlamov
Patrick Bordeleau
That`s a massive rip off from the Habs standpoint.

First of all Bordeleau is a UFA so he has no value.

Second, trading Price for Varlamov makes no sense, Price even in a down year is as good.

Johnson isn`t a bad player but Beaulieu could be better in 2 years, Johnson isn`t a bust but he isn`t a high end player either. More a #3-4.

Overall I hate the trade.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:30 PM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
What an *******.

@JessRusnak:
#habs Lars Eller didn't hear from Gryba after the hit
Maybe Gryba called him 5 min after the hit. All kidding aside.......Ottawa typical.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:30 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draft View Post
He didn't play at center because he couldn't handle the defensive responsibilities and his game isn't mature enough. Desharnais has played in the top-6 for the past two years and has been successful. His sucking is way overblown. Galchenyuk is more talented and has more potential but he is not more effective than Desharnais at this moment. We'll hopefully find out next year if Galchenyuk is capable of being successful in the top-6. THIS SEASON Desharnais is the more effective player. He's going to develop at such a speed that he will be better than Desharnais soon. He's not a star yet, give him time.
Oh wow, thanks for clearing that up. It's so funny seeing you quote my comment and then tell me stuff that I already knew and that are completely unrelated to my post. Galchenyuk couldn't have taken Desharnais' spot this season but next season he might take that spot. Eller might also take that second line spot for that matter.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Physical HABuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post

Second, trading Price for Varlamov makes no sense, Price even in a down year is as good.

Johnson isn`t a bad player but Beaulieu could be better in 2 years, Johnson isn`t a bust but he isn`t a high end player either. More a #3-4.

You entertained the 10 player trade? I thought those were last done in the 80's. Some suggestions from posters are not worth the trouble of typing out a reply.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:34 PM
Lozela

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monctonscout View Post

I think its more about shaking things up a bit. Price is better than Varlamov for sure but the key is adding O'Reilly & Johnson but if Col can't trade O'Reilly as someone pointed out earlier, i would go for Stasny instead.

I'd rather have 2 guys like Varlamov & Emery (already has a lot of playoff experience) than risk everything on Price again. Plus i'm done with a guy like Plekanec. It's time to make a big shift.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:40 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonkeyBusiness View Post
Oh wow, thanks for clearing that up. It's so funny seeing you quote my comment and then tell me stuff that I already knew and that are completely unrelated to my post. Galchenyuk couldn't have taken Desharnais' spot this season but next season he might take that spot. Eller might also take that second line spot for that matter.
If you already knew Galchenyuk wasn't a more effective player why would you write otherwise? Not being able to take his spot is a pretty clear indication that he isn't as good at the moment....

Old
05-11-2013, 01:42 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal View Post
That is a concussion, my friends. Please, be back healthy, Lars.
I guess I have concussions almost every saturday night..

Old
05-11-2013, 01:42 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
If you already knew Galchenyuk wasn't a more effective player why would you write otherwise? Not being able to take his spot is a pretty clear indication that he isn't as good at the moment....
Holy crap you can't read, it's really funny seeing you post and thinking you know everything. I said that Galchenyuk could take his spot next year, NEXT YEAR. This season he certainly wasn't considering he was 18 years old when he played his first NHL game. Stop being so annoying.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:44 PM
Djeez
Fower Porward

Quote:
Plus i'm done with a guy like Plekanec. It's time to make a big shift.
Am I the only one who thought he had good playoffs? Sure he didn't exactly step up and was ''soff'' but it feels like everyone wants him out of town ASAP.

Also the Avs are the more desperate team of the two so your blockbuster trade is really eeeeh.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:44 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Why would I even talk about Galchenyuk taking his spot this season when the seaon is over? Stop being so illogical.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:48 PM
Draft

Quote:
What a ridiculous comment, Galchenyuk is a better player. Not even close.
What part of this doesn't say Galchenyuk is currently the better player? If he was currently the better player he would have taken Desharnais' spot in the lineup. He can't and he couldn't.

Quote:
Why would I even talk about Galchenyuk taking his spot this season when the seaon is over? Stop being so illogical.
Cool your jets man. You're not making a lot of sense.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:50 PM
PyrettaBlaze

Whoa... What the ****? Ryder isn't meeting the media today. He "forgot" it was media day and left already.

@LucGelinasRDS:
Michael Ryder ne rencontrera pas les médias comme ses coéquipiers. "Il est parti. Il a oublié." vient de nous dire le relationniste du #CH

05-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Draft

Quote:
Whoa... What the ****? Ryder isn't meeting the media today. He "forgot" it was today and left already.

@LucGelinasRDS:
Michael Ryder ne rencontrera pas les médias comme ses coéquipiers. "Il est parti. Il a oublié." vient de nous dire le relationniste du #CH
Maybe Bergevin "forgets" to give him a contract for next season.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Habs 4 Life
No Excuses

vCash: 256
Quote:
Whoa... What the ****? Ryder isn't meeting the media today. He "forgot" it was today and left already.

@LucGelinasRDS:
I get the feeling the guy never wanted to come back in the 1st place. He isn't a power forward or anything but he played a lot harder for Boston then he did here

Old
05-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Draft

Quote:
Holy crap you can't read, it's really funny seeing you post and thinking you know everything. I said that Galchenyuk could take his spot next year, NEXT YEAR. This season he certainly wasn't considering he was 18 years old when he played his first NHL game. Stop being so annoying.
I'm sorry you can't handle an opposing opinion. I think we can stop now.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:54 PM
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Maybe Bergevin "forgets" to give him a contract for next season.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

So long, Night Ryder.

Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Old
05-11-2013, 01:54 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
What part of this doesn't say Galchenyuk isn't currently the better player? If he was currently the better player he would have taken Desharnais' spot in the lineup. He can't and he couldn't.

Cool your jets man. You're not making a lot of sense.
A guy said that we should trade Desharnais so that either Eller or Galchenyuk could take his spot next season. Monctonscout replied that Galchenyuk wouldn't be an upgrade next season, I think he could. With a another offseason of work and with the talent he has I think he could play with the team's best wingers in a strictly offensive role. Similar to what Desharnais' role is.

Old
05-11-2013, 01:58 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
I would trade Price

Blockbuster trade

To Colorado
Carey Price
Tomas Plekanec
Travis Moen
Nathan Beaulieu
1st rounder

To MTL
Ryan O'Reilly
Erik Johnson
Symeon Varlamov
Patrick Bordeleau
Yuck. So let me get this straight...we give up a player in Plekanec who is equal if not better than O'Reilly (who cannot even be traded at this point and we would need to qualify him for $6.5 million as an RFA, sounds really appealing)...we swap Price for Varlamov, yet another downgrade to a guy who hasn't proven he's better than Price or even that good at this point. So that leaves us with Beaulieu, Moen, and a 1st for Erik Johnson and Patrick Bordeleau? Bordeleau is a dime-a-dozen UFA to be, Johnson didn't even score a goal this year and had 4 points in 31 games...and you want to take him on and dump on a promising young defenseman and throw Moen in for good measure ALONG with a 1st rounder?

What a joke.

Quote:
Trade #1
To Tampa Bay
Josh Gorges

To MTL
Ryan Malone
Yet another joke. Malone is locked in for a few more years at considerable money. He's lost a step due to injuries and age, and he isn't as effective anymore. But yes, let's dump Gorges and pick up an aging has-been with an inflated salary.

Quote:
Let Halpern, Drewski, Armstrong, Nokelainen go
Why would we let Halpern go if he wants to come back on the cheap?

Is he not inept at hockey enough for you to want to pick up some replacement who can't skate or do anything other than drop the gloves?

Quote:

UFA
Douglas Murray
Ray Emery
Victor Stallberg
Murray makes Dion Phaneuf's pylon-itis look good. He's old and declining. Just what we need along with Malone.

We have a guy named Peter Budaj locked in for next season and the season after.

Stalberg could be a good pickup.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:00 PM
PyrettaBlaze

So basically Ryder was at Brossard this morning to pack his equipment and then left before the media got there. He "forgot" he was supposed to meet them.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:02 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
I get the feeling the guy never wanted to come back in the 1st place. He isn't a power forward or anything but he played a lot harder for Boston then he did here
I think the guy is just set on becoming an UFA, season's over, so..

Old
05-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Whoa... What the ****? Ryder isn't meeting the media today. He "forgot" it was media day and left already.

@LucGelinasRDS:
The Ryder trade was all about freeing up cap room next year for stars like Desharnais.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
The Ryder trade was all about freeing up cap room next year for stars like Desharnais.
Gotta make room for the real stars to shine.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
So basically Ryder was at Brossard this morning to pack his equipment and then left before the media got there. He "forgot" he was supposed to meet them.
What a deal that turned out to be for us in the end.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:06 PM
Draft

So, that Blues guy came through here and was offering up Stewart/Perron. He didn't get much of a response. Is Stewart for Plekanec too much of closing one hole to open another? Might make the DD line relevant again. He's still young, quite the power forward.

Plekanec + 3rd

for

C. Stewart

Old
05-11-2013, 02:06 PM
MonkeyBusiness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldplay View Post
What a deal that turned out to be for us in the end.
Meh it all depends on what we do with the extra cap room, at least we got rid of Cole's contract and we might get something out of that 3rd round pick.

Closed Thread