HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXVI

Closed Thread

Old
05-23-2013, 10:19 PM
Avsboy

vCash: 500
Sakic doesn't have the balls for these kinds of trades. Patrick Roy, on the other hand...

Old
05-23-2013, 10:19 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I'd really like to give EJ one more shot. Get him a new coach, and a new system. But if he does get moved I think it will definitely be to Philly, and I think Couts would be involved. It should be for a kings ransom.
Honestly Couturier + #11 would really make me think about giving up EJ... still not sure if I would want to because of how thin the Avs defense is. If that happened Stastny would have to be traded to bring back a top 2/3 LD.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:21 PM
avsfan89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heebs21 View Post
Sakic and Co. are going to make some major changes to this roster. I expect a complete over-haul.

*Trade Paul Stastny to Buffalo for Ryan Miller
*Trade Erik Johnson, Jamie McGinn and Semyon Varlamov to Philadelphia for Sean Couturier, Matt Read, Andrej Meszaros, a 2014 1st and a 2015 2nd

*Re-sign RW- Chuck Kobasew 2 yrs, 2.5m
*Buy out RW- David Jones
*Milan Hedjuk retires
*Release- Greg Zanon, Shane O'Brien

*Sign RW- Jerome Iginla 3 yrs, 21m (This team is desperatly lacking veteran leadership. Landeskog would hand over the captaincy to Iginla as well)
*Sign LW- Pascal Dupuis 4 yrs, 16m
*Sign D- Rob Scuderi 3 yrs, 10m

*Draft Seth Jones #1

Matt Read - Matt Duchene - PA Parenteau
Gabe Landeskog (A) - Ryan O'Reilly - Jarome Iginla (C)
Pascal Dupuis - Sean Couturier - Steve Downie
Cody McLeod - John Mitchell - Chuck Kobasew
Tomas Vincour - Patrick Bordeleau

Andrej Meszaros - Seth Jones
Tyson Barrie - Rob Scuderi (A)
Jan Hedja - Stephane Elliot
Matt Hunwick - Ryan Wilson

Ryan Miller
JS Giguere

Thats a nice looking team.
wow thank god you're not in charge of any hockey decisions whatsoever. 7 mil for iginla. dupuis at 4 wouldnt be bad tho.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:26 PM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
Honestly Couturier + #11 would really make me think about giving up EJ... still not sure if I would want to because of how thin the Avs defense is. If that happened Stastny would have to be traded to bring back a top 2/3 LD.
that would be interesting.. especially if Richards does get bought out and we might be able to work something like Stastny + for Marc Staal. Then draft Jones & Zadorov and we have a very promising future D core with Barrie, Jones, Siemens, Elliot and Zadorov with Staal as the veteran.

Very unlikely but fun to speculate.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:33 PM
Holyhell
'Crumblers'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Avalanche View Post
Thats way too thin.defense
Scuderi would be a great pick up. Or Hainsey. It's a pretty thin UFA D crop this year.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:43 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
that would be interesting.. especially if Richards does get bought out and we might be able to work something like Stastny + for Marc Staal. Then draft Jones & Zadorov and we have a very promising future D core with Barrie, Jones, Siemens, Elliot and Zadorov with Staal as the veteran.

Very unlikely but fun to speculate.
If that was the case I would avoid Staal as he will be in Carolina in a few years. I'd target Enstrom or Edler with Stastny +. I would be would be willing to give up quite a bit in that plus... even the #11.

Running this defense:

Edler-Barrie
Scuderi-Jones
Hejda-Elliott

With the hope that Jones can swap with Barrie next year, and Siemens can step into Hejda's role. It would be very mistake prone for next year, but loads of talent.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:48 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Also interesting to hear that Foote was pretty confident both Joe and Patty will want to bring in some bigger bodies for the top six. Not sure who they would target out there. Vanek?

Anybody else have a strong feeling we won't be keeping our #32 pick at the draft?

Old
05-23-2013, 10:50 PM
henchman24
If and if...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Also interesting to hear that Foote was pretty confident both Joe and Patty will want to bring in some bigger bodies for the top six. Not sure who they would target out there. Vanek?
Stalberg 6'3" 209lbs

Old
05-23-2013, 10:51 PM
The Mars Volchenkov
Everberg flow

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Quote:
Bickell? There really isn't much in terms of UFA.

Old
05-23-2013, 10:57 PM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Stewart?

Old
05-23-2013, 11:20 PM
CobraAcesS

Quote:

Anybody else have a strong feeling we won't be keeping our #32 pick at the draft?
Vanek should be a primary target, hes got good size, and is exactly the top 6 winger we need. I'd do #32 our 2014 1st and Sgarbossa, it's a risk but hopefully if we can compete we'd be able to extend him.

Move out Zannon for sure, trade for Vanek, and sign a left handed shutdown veteran like Scuderi.

Honestly Wilson probably needs to be traded, if he has another rough season with injuries his value will be near gone.

I'd love to see Jones bought out and replaced with someone like Stalberg for a 3rd line winger, but I have my doubts they won't give him another season. Even with the front office moves.

Duchene - Parenteau

O'Reilly - Landeskog

Stastny - Vanek

The other wingers could be slotted in where needed as secondary guys.

Old
05-23-2013, 11:22 PM
Cullen Bohannon

Quote:

Bickell, Morrow, Clarkson, Horton, Clowe, Ryder, Dupuis, Iginla, Stalberg, Antropov, Cooke, Latendresse, Ponikarovsky, Zubrus.

There are a lot of guys out there with size and strength.

I can see them targeting a guy like Latendresse or Bickell, easily. And then a vet like Ryder or Morrow.

The most likely though, is that they'll make a trade like the Downie/McGinn trades. We get a big, young winger with a touch of offense for a guy no longer in management's future plans.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:19 AM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
Vanek should be a primary target, hes got good size, and is exactly the top 6 winger we need. I'd do #32 our 2014 1st and Sgarbossa, it's a risk but hopefully if we can compete we'd be able to extend him.

Move out Zannon for sure, trade for Vanek, and sign a left handed shutdown veteran like Scuderi.

Honestly Wilson probably needs to be traded, if he has another rough season with injuries his value will be near gone.

I'd love to see Jones bought out and replaced with someone like Stalberg for a 3rd line winger, but I have my doubts they won't give him another season. Even with the front office moves.

Duchene - Parenteau

O'Reilly - Landeskog

Stastny - Vanek

The other wingers could be slotted in where needed as secondary guys.
If we got Vanek, I'd throw him with PAP and Duchene right away. Ouch! That would be a lot to handle.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:22 AM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by henchman24 View Post
That's good value, but they need to add to EJ, not trade him for a forward and a pick. The only way trading EJ makes sense IMO is if a better or equal D is coming back. Even then, they still need to add another defenseman, so might as well build around EJ and Jones (if they pick him).

Old
05-24-2013, 12:25 AM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

I like the idea of brining in Clowe, or maybe Morrow on a 1 or 2 year deal.

Nothing else particularly though.

Maybe they trade down at the draft and draft Barkov.

#4 + Josi

Old
05-24-2013, 12:26 AM
CobraAcesS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post
If we got Vanek, I'd throw him with PAP and Duchene right away. Ouch! That would be a lot to handle.
I'd try spreading it out first to be honest, and using O'Reilly & Landeskog in more defensive situations.

If we get rid of David Jones something like,

Stalberg - Duchene - Parenteau

McGinn - Stastny - Vanek

Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie

See if we can get Stastny firing offensively, if we can roll three heavy lines that can score and play a ok to great two-way game. Other teams will have a very hard time matching up with us. If it's not effective, sure form more of a third line, something like,

Vanek - Duchene - Parenteau

Landeskog - O'Reilly - Downie

McGinn - Stastny - Stalberg

I wish this was more of a realistic discussion.... (I love the look of the roster with D. Jones NOT part of it.)

Old
05-24-2013, 12:32 AM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraAcesS View Post
(I love the look of the roster with D. Jones NOT part of it.)
Really? That is one handsome mug though.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:39 AM
shadow1

Ryan Miller would be a little more intriguing if he were a few years younger, but I think he'd be a strong acquisition if Colorado got him on the cheap.

He definitely lays an egg a few times every season, but overall he's a guy who - at the very least - qualifies as good enough to give his team an edge in net on most nights.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:43 AM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL19 View Post
Bickell, Morrow, Clarkson, Horton, Clowe, Ryder, Dupuis, Iginla, Stalberg, Antropov, Cooke, Latendresse, Ponikarovsky, Zubrus.

There are a lot of guys out there with size and strength.

I can see them targeting a guy like Latendresse or Bickell, easily. And then a vet like Ryder or Morrow.

The most likely though, is that they'll make a trade like the Downie/McGinn trades. We get a big, young winger with a touch of offense for a guy no longer in management's future plans.
Sure there's a lot of guys out there with size and strength, but not too many that a realistic. Iganla is in cup mode. Morrow is unlikely to have interest too I'd say. Clarkson will be an overpayment. Horton has a hell of a lot of injury issues. Cooke, Ryder and Dupuis aren't exactly the heavy forwards Foote was probably alluding to. Latendresse, Poni, and Bickell aren't exactly in that line Thornton, Marleau, Perry mold that Foote used as examples.

Guys like Vanek, maybe Stallberg but he's not that big of a scorer, maybe Horton or Clowe if they want to take a chance on a guy, are the ones that stand out to me. Maybe Bobby Ryan if the Ducks look to move him?

Old
05-24-2013, 12:44 AM
Heebs21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1 View Post
Ryan Miller would be a little more intriguing if he were a few years younger, but I think he'd be a strong acquisition if Colorado got him on the cheap.

He definitely lays an egg a few times every season, but overall he's a guy who - at the very least - qualifies as good enough to give his team an edge in net on most nights.
Unlike our current tender

Old
05-24-2013, 12:45 AM
Heebs21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
wow thank god you're not in charge of any hockey decisions whatsoever. 7 mil for iginla. dupuis at 4 wouldnt be bad tho.
Im sorry Mrs. Sherman. I didn't realize you post here.

Old
05-24-2013, 12:50 AM
avsfan89

Quote:
Im sorry Mrs. Sherman. I didn't realize you post here.
lol if im sherman you're feaster

Old
05-24-2013, 12:53 AM
Hans Landaskog

Classic heebs

Old
05-24-2013, 12:56 AM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Unlike our current tender
How many times was Varly laid out to dry by TERRIBLE...FREAKING TERRIBLE Defense?

We have to see how he plays with a better defense in front of him before we just scrap him...

Old
05-24-2013, 01:07 AM
Foppa2118
Release Evertroll

Quote:
Originally Posted by avsfan89 View Post
lol if im sherman you're feaster
Ha! Nicely done.

Closed Thread