HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XXXVI

Closed Thread

Old
05-29-2013, 12:45 AM
P0ckets
BB Pisses Genius

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinLetain21 View Post
To Colorado
Cody Hodgson
Tyler Myers
Ryan Miller
8th overall pick
2014 1st round

To Buffalo
1st overall 2013
Semyon Varlamov
Paul Stastny
David Jones

We shed huge salary for cap relief, we reunite Duchene and Hodgson, we get a stud D man, a stud goalie who gets a fresh start and 2 first rounders.
Are you sure you're an Avs fan because that is just brutal...

Old
05-29-2013, 12:50 AM
NothingLikeAnEJ
Jimmies: Rustled

vCash: 50
Wanted to share a rumor I've heard from some pretty good personal sources I have...apparently the Avs are interested in Bobby Ryan and the Ducks want ROR+ back for him. Now obviously this deal wouldn't take place until the 1 year period is over with but it seemed pretty interesting to me and does kind of make sense.

This would also most likely mean that we'd be keeping Staz long term.

Old
05-29-2013, 01:16 AM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post
Wanted to share a rumor I've heard from some pretty good personal sources I have...apparently the Avs are interested in Bobby Ryan and the Ducks want ROR+ back for him. Now obviously this deal wouldn't take place until the 1 year period is over with but it seemed pretty interesting to me and does kind of make sense.

Stastny better get his game back together then. It will be really interesting seeing how Stastny reacts to Roy. I don't doubt he has a big bounce back this season.

Old
05-29-2013, 01:31 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Bobby Ryan's family has ties to the Flyers and I always figured it was likely he'll go there as a UFA eventually. He even said he wanted to be traded there when he was frustrated last year. He later regretted saying it because it's obviously not a smart thing to say when under contract with the Ducks.

"For me, if I’m moved, Philadelphia would be a very ideal and comfortable place for me”.

Old
05-29-2013, 01:50 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
Stastny better get his game back together then. It will be really interesting seeing how Stastny reacts to Roy. I don't doubt he has a big bounce back this season.
If there's one guy that can benefit from having Roy's passion rub off on him, and play a more intense brand of hockey in big situations, it's Stastny. He's just so mild mannered and easy going that it translates to his play too often IMO. He can't find that extra gear needed from a top center when the checking gets tight.

Old
05-29-2013, 01:57 AM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
OR...We draft Mack

Trade ROR for Ryan

Trade Staz for a dman.

Ryan - Duchene - Pap
Landy - Mack - Downie

as the top 6

Old
05-29-2013, 02:50 AM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs For Life View Post
OR...We draft Mack

Trade ROR for Ryan

Trade Staz for a dman.

Ryan - Duchene - Pap
Landy - Mack - Downie

as the top 6
scoring wise that would be nice, defensively though.... ugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
If there's one guy that can benefit from having Roy's passion rub off on him, and play a more intense brand of hockey in big situations, it's Stastny. He's just so mild mannered and easy going that it translates to his play too often IMO. He can't find that extra gear needed from a top center when the checking gets tight.
we have got to get some better wingers for him. he's not the type of player that will elevate the entire line to an elite level, he can carry them a bit but he needs to have some highly talented guys to take advantage of the potential.

i want to see the turnover of the roster and also the players who step up their game with Roy as coach. it will tell us a lot about what type of program Sacco had running.

Old
05-29-2013, 03:09 AM
Avs For Life
#92 #9 #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post
scoring wise that would be nice, defensively though.... ugh.

we have got to get some better wingers for him. he's not the type of player that will elevate the entire line to an elite level, he can carry them a bit but he needs to have some highly talented guys to take advantage of the potential.

i want to see the turnover of the roster and also the players who step up their game with Roy as coach. it will tell us a lot about what type of program Sacco had running.
Great point...I take it back.

I really dont know if we can afford to not keep ROR. Hes too good defensively.

I say just draft Jones

Shop Staz for a scoring winger or convert him to scoring winger.

Old
05-29-2013, 05:38 AM
El_Loco_Avs

Quote:

I say just draft Jones

What about. Draft Jones. Keep Staz as 3 line center at a much reduced contract. Hopefully. Otherwise trade him.

Old
05-29-2013, 07:16 AM
SoundwaveIsCharisma

Send a message via AIM to SoundwaveIsCharisma
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalderKing21 View Post

I agree with Stastny needing better wingers. He really needs guys that can either get that quick shot off in front of the net, or guys that can really shoot the puck. Watching him play, he still sets up plenty of opportunities, his linemates just do a great job of shooting it into the corner or snipe it dead center into the crest.

On another note, I really hope Roy feeds EJ a ton of minutes with someone that isn't a complete waste of space. Watching guys like Zanon and SOB decide they are Bobby Orr with EJ is just incredibly frustrating. I really think Roy can help get EJ to jump into the play more and more, he looked fantastic when he was doing it aggressively for a few games. He also needs to be put on the left point on the PP, and they should look at getting him the shot rather than try to make him a PPQB.

Old
05-29-2013, 07:37 AM
AslanRH
Part of the Plan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NothingLikeAnEJ View Post

I think Stastny will be retained/resigned. His 2 way play and "low maintenance" attitude is underrated by many on here who want see him as a bust if not being a ppg player. His contract was steep, but it is coming to an end, and his ability to live up to that high $$ was limited by how he was used and paired with.

Quote:
I think/hope it was telling that he was in attendance for Roy's presser. I hope it is a sign of things to come and Roy and Staz find success working together.

"There's a point, far out there when the structures fail you, and the rules aren't weapons anymore, they're... shackles letting the bad guy get ahead. One day... you may face such a moment of crisis." - Jim Gordon
Old
05-29-2013, 09:25 AM
The Mars Volchenkov

Send a message via MSN to The Mars Volchenkov
Stastny seemed pretty excited in his post-press conference interview. Hope he bounces back, if he's still here. I've predicting him bouncing back the last two years and my patience is growing thin...

He mentioned a good coach can relate to different guys and get the best out of them. Something tells me Sacco couldn't do that.

Old
05-29-2013, 09:27 AM
Razor29
52-22-8

Miller is a creepy looking dude. For that reason alone please keep him off the team. I don't think I could be a fan anymore if he and Zanon were on the ice at the same time.

Old
05-29-2013, 09:50 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mars Volchenkov View Post
Stastny seemed pretty excited in his post-press conference interview. Hope he bounces back, if he's still here. I've predicting him bouncing back the last two years and my patience is growing thin...

He mentioned a good coach can relate to different guys and get the best out of them. Something tells me Sacco couldn't do that.
I would guess that Stastny was pretty unhappy with the way he was handled over the past couple years since Stewart got injured. Stastny has more pure offensive potential than ROR does, if he returns to 65-75 point form... he would be an absolutely perfect #2C behind Duchene, and he is still young so he can be relied on for 5+ years still. The problem then is that ROR has to be given 3rd line duties or be shipped out.

Old
05-29-2013, 09:52 AM
Ivan13
Avs/Habs fan

Quote:

Pretty much how I feel, I love Pauly and I hope he bounces back and stays in Denver for a long, long time.

Old
05-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Lefty9420

As I mentioned in the coaching thread, the Flyers are the 1st team I am calling. They will give the house+ for anyone they want. Two trades I threw out

1st overall to Philly for #11, 2014 1st rd and either Talbot or Read

or

1st overall to Philly for #11, 2014 2nd rd and Couturier.

Then move 2014 1st rd and player acquired for a young top 2-3 defensmen. Plus the Avs can draft Nurse, Ristolienan or Zadorov at #11. Also if there is a way to weasel Cal Heeter out of the Flyers I would be all for it.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:00 AM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Pretty much how I feel, I love Pauly and I hope he bounces back and stays in Denver for a long, long time.
+1, I hope the crazies around here don't try to force him out.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:00 AM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty9420 View Post
As I mentioned in the coaching thread, the Flyers are the 1st team I am calling. They will give the house+ for anyone they want. Two trades I threw out

or

Then move 2014 1st rd and player acquired for a young top 2-3 defensmen. Plus the Avs can draft Nurse, Ristolienan or Zadorov at #11. Also if there is a way to weasel Cal Heeter out of the Flyers I would be all for it.
I'd say no to either deal. Coburn + Couturier + #11 if they want the #1 pick... yeah it is overpayment by Philly, but the difference between #1 and #11 can be the difference between a franchise player and a middle pairing defensemen. One of those take a huge overpayment to get, one can be had for a 2nd/3rd round pick.

Old
05-29-2013, 10:43 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Mode View Post
Miller is a creepy looking dude. For that reason alone please keep him off the team. I don't think I could be a fan anymore if he and Zanon were on the ice at the same time.
You think Miller is creepy, have you seen the photo they're using for Varly on the Avs home site?
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2013-05-28 at 3.29.26 PM.png‎ (536.5 KB, 8 views)

Old
05-29-2013, 10:58 AM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolfe2015 View Post
+1, I hope the crazies around here don't try to force him out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivan13 View Post
Quote:

I don't think people on here WANT Stastny to do poorly. He WAS doing poorly. We were just telling it like it is. I really want him to do well with Roy. He was an PPG player who was responsible defensively, and we could really use that productivity from him again.

And Mars, I think he is always like that. He is always giddy in interviews. He can barely get the words through his lips. It is pretty funny.

I don't think, aside from Hejduk, that there is a happier person that Sacco was fired. Stastny should have a lot of jump this season.

Old
05-29-2013, 11:07 AM
Razor29
52-22-8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
You think Miller is creepy, have you seen the photo they're using for Varly on the Avs home site?
Holy ****.

On a side note, are they done with that old worn with pride bs?

Edit: The PAP one is worse.

Edit: Edit: The Landy one is sexy as ****.

Old
05-29-2013, 11:29 AM
CalderKing21
Darth Calder

vCash: 531
Quote:

I say just draft Jones

i'm not saying it couldn't work. but man that would be some ugly D played.
we'd score like a fiend though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoundwaveIsCharisma View Post
I agree with Stastny needing better wingers. He really needs guys that can either get that quick shot off in front of the net, or guys that can really shoot the puck. Watching him play, he still sets up plenty of opportunities, his linemates just do a great job of shooting it into the corner or snipe it dead center into the crest.

On another note, I really hope Roy feeds EJ a ton of minutes with someone that isn't a complete waste of space. Watching guys like Zanon and SOB decide they are Bobby Orr with EJ is just incredibly frustrating. I really think Roy can help get EJ to jump into the play more and more, he looked fantastic when he was doing it aggressively for a few games. He also needs to be put on the left point on the PP, and they should look at getting him the shot rather than try to make him a PPQB.
i agree with everything you just said. especially about EJ. lord knows he needs a good partner to play with.

Old
05-29-2013, 11:32 AM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty9420 View Post

or

I don't think either of those packages are good enough to trade the first overall pick.

The first one isn't nearly enough. Flyers will bounce back and their 2014 first rounder not worth all that much.

As for the second package, I just don't see the offense with Couturier. I see 50 point upside.

Old
05-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Since it's silly season here with everyone throwing out crazy proposals and scenarios, might as well just get this started......

Quote:
“I’m gonna talk to my agent, and we’ll see,” Lundqvist said. “You know, I had such a great time here in New York. From day one they treated me really well and have given me an opportunity to play a lot of hockey. It’s been a lot of fun. I have one more year on the contract. I’m just focused on – well, right now, I’m trying to get over this year – but we’ll see. I’ll talk to my agent and take it from there.”

Lundqvist’s description of New York in the past tense was unsettling. The organization unquestionably prioritizes the 31-year-old Swedish star, but on Monday he still was deeply unsatisfied with this season’s second-round postseason elimination.

“I thought we had an opportunity with the team and the skill we had in the room to really go for it, but to make it all the way, you need a lot of things to go your way,” Lundqvist said. “You need great plays at the right time. I still think it was a fun year, but not a year that I think that … I’ll just say this: I don’t think it was good enough for us. So I’m hoping for more.”
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ho...icle-1.1355839

Save the cap space we have and get The King next season (if Varly doesn't bounce back).

Old
05-29-2013, 12:25 PM
Lonewolfe2015

vCash: 239
If Lundqvist leaves New York, it is to push someone over the top, like Chicago. Not to help a young team get off the ground in Colorado.

But my god can you imagine him arriving in Chicago next offseason when the cap goes up? Chicago moves Crawford and assets to pick up a real #2 center and adds Lundqvist, they would be deadly. And in our division too.

Closed Thread