HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF // Game 6 // St. Louis Blues @ LA Kings

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2013, 10:59 PM
David McConnor
Unregistered User

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExJbeck View Post
Shut up Reed Low. We ****ing aren't winning. Two ****ing goals to win at least? Were done.
You might be surprised. This could be a defining game for this Blues franchise. Embrace the adversity.

Last edited by EastonBlues22: 05-11-2013 at 02:52 AM.
Old
Robb_K

vCash: 500
That was TERRIBLE!!!! Regardless of Elliott not playing that well, the REAL reason for The Blues allowing a TERRIBLE game deflating goal-wiping out all their good work this game was that THE BLUES STOPPED PLAYING AGAINbefore the period ended!!! When will they EVER learn to not do that???

With 9 seconds left they had clear control of the puck in their own zone with NO Kings defender within 3 strides, and 2 Blues between the puck carrier and any Kings. Instead of staying strong on the puck and making sure they keep possession until the horn sounds, they "thought" (wrongly as usual) that the clock would save them, and dumped the puck out to centre ice. Apparently, they don't know how fast NHL players can skate! That's very strange, because they play in The NHL every night.

Why, oh why, can they not learn the lesson that you must control as much of a game as possible, and not leave things to chance? The team that takes charge of things, rustling up guts and effort, wants it badly enough to do hatever it takes to have as much control over things as possible, will, most of the time, come out the winner.

Why can't The Blues do that? How many times do they have to see that shown to them. Why do they work hard like dogs all game long, only to throw it away in an instant of weak will??? Why can't they go that last 10 seconds or 2o seconds or 30 seconds? Do they STILL believe they can't win the big game? Are they defeatists?

Old
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushiko View Post
Ha! Me too, man... me too.
God I wanna put my foot in some ass right now.
I try not to judge anyone's fetish, but that one's a little kinky.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:00 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve French View Post
Watching this collapse makes me glad im a cards fan though.
Yup. At least the cards win every once in a while.

Old
LA_Viking
mind controlled

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
Our coach sucks and our team is mentally weak.
Are you ****ing kidding? The Kings barely got out of that period ahead. The Blues have absolutely dominated this game.

Quote:
No idea what moves we should make.
Good thing you're not the Blues GM then.

Old
Thallis
"more effort"

vCash: 499
Thought it wouldn't hurt as much if I was expecting it. I was wrong. This team just disappoints in the most fantastic ways.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:01 PM
RR10*

Quote:
Our coach sucks and our team is mentally weak. No idea what moves we should make.
This. We have no winners. LA has plenty.

Old
LA_Viking
mind controlled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lime View Post
You might be surprised. This could be a defining game for this Blues franchise. Embrace the adversity.
For your sake, I sure hope not.

The Blues are a good goalie and a sniper away from their first SC.

Old
Linus

What a heartbreaker. I've never seen Hitchcock that utterly flabbergasted. What can even be said during intermission? They've blown their chance and I'm sure they feel really low right now. I feel bad for the players who weren't involved with that goal.

I was watching the game pretty even keel, but that goal really stung. ****** way to go out, for sure.

Old
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Why must they always bring in the goons to talk hockey? Seriously? Reed Low? That's the best you could do FSM?

Old
Lord Helix
CarvinSigX

vCash: 200
So...Who wants to start a petition that all returning Blues have to watch D3?

Old
05-10-2013, 11:03 PM
Ghost Face
Hull of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlblues9 View Post
Apologize to Elliott? **** no! Elliott should be apologizing to the team after that. I don't care if Backes didn't get it deep, when you get the puck out of your zone to the red line with 5 seconds left you should be okay. I don't care if Stewart let him go with 3 seconds left just outside the blueline. That shot should be stopped 100 times out of 100 in an elimination game with 2 seconds left in a period of a tie game.
The shot deflects and Elliot is at the top of his crease. I don't see how anyone can blame Elliot MORE than "won't come Backes to the bench" and Stewart.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:04 PM
Linus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Thought it wouldn't hurt as much if I was expecting it. I was wrong. This team just disappoints in the most fantastic ways.
I would've been able to deal with a loss just fine without a goal like that. Everyone just quit before the period was over.

Old
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
I try not to judge anyone's fetish, but that one's a little kinky.
Thanks I need the laugh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Viking View Post
Are you ****ing kidding? The Kings barely got out of that period ahead. The Blues have absolutely dominated this game.
Even so, I hate it. They can outshoot, outplay, outhit, but if they can't ever win it, what good does it do. They don't give out Stanley Cups for that.

Old
Hooliganx3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA_Viking View Post

Good thing you're not the Blues GM then.
Winners find a way to win. Losers find a way to lose. We may have outplayed the kings most of the series at the end of the day winning or losing is all that matters.

Old
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Here's how we win: Play Sobotka with Steen and Schwartz, and Petro and Jackman...for the rest of the game. Maybe throw the CPR line in for a few shifts.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:05 PM
Blues88

This reinforces to me that, regardless of records, LA is one of the best teams in the league. I have rarely, if ever, seen a team capitalize on minor mistakes with such frequency. Pressure moments, they just find a way. They have so many weapons and they seem to never waste shots. The Blues have dominated puck possession and spent a ton of time in LA's zone. The result? A deficit.

Not exactly sure why we aren't putting pucks on net more and whacking away. We're clearly afraid of the middle of the ice or perhaps we don't have the skill to create from there. Whatever it is, bad luck, mental lapses, whatever....this is painful to watch. Never in my life have I seen a team turn the puck over directly into the net like this. It's crazy.

I think this game illustrates perfectly how minor adjustments by the coaching staff have had some adverse effects. Let's hope Hitch doesn't shorten the bench, because the CPR line has set the tone in every game they've been together.

Old
Mike Liut

vCash: 50
I'm not a very big Elliott fan, but that goal wasn't really his fault after seeing the replay. Total deflection

Old
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blues88 View Post
This reinforces to me that, regardless of records, LA is one of the best teams in the league. I have rarely, if ever, seen a team capitalize on minor mistakes with such frequency. Pressure moments, they just find a way. They have so many weapons and they seem to never waste shots. The Blues have dominated puck possession and spent a ton of time in LA's zone. The result? A deficit.

Not exactly sure why we aren't putting pucks on net more and whacking away. We're clearly afraid of the middle of the ice or perhaps we don't have the skill to create from there. Whatever it is, bad luck, mental lapses, whatever....this is painful to watch. Never in my life have I seen a team turn the puck over directly into the net like this. It's crazy.

I think this game illustrates perfectly how minor adjustments by the coaching staff have had some adverse effects. Let's hope Hitch doesn't shorten the bench, because the CPR line has set the tone in every game they've been together.
Exactly. You wanna know how you win a Cup. You're looking at it.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Borderbluesfan

vCash: 200
Quote:
Apologize to Elliott? **** no! Elliott should be apologizing to the team after that. I don't care if Backes didn't get it deep, when you get the puck out of your zone to the red line with 5 seconds left you should be okay. I don't care if Stewart let him go with 3 seconds left just outside the blueline. That shot should be stopped 100 times out of 100 in an elimination game with 2 seconds left in a period of a tie game.
No, Polak should apologize for deflecting the puck past Elliot. Polak has been terrible tonight, backed up and allowed shot on first goal. LA scored on a 2 on 3 attack.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:06 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Liut View Post
I'm not a very big Elliott fan, but that goal wasn't really his fault after seeing the replay. Total deflection
Yep. I agree.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:07 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Actually, on second though. Play the CPr line a lot. They've been our best line.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:08 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Elliott should have stopped that shot. But, with 9 seconds left and two other Blus between The Blues' puck carrier, there's no way in The World that The Blues should have given up possession of the puck. They are constantly just dumping the puck out to centre ice withinthe last couple minutes (certainly within the last 40 seconds of periods, "hoping" that the clock will do their work for them, when all they would have to do is routinely keep possession of the puck for a paltry 9 seconds (something they had been able to do, ALL game long!!! There is NO EXCUSE For that!!! That is LOSER mentality! Teams that have will to win MAKE SURE that they hold onto the puck for a lousy 9 seconds!!!!!

Old
05-10-2013, 11:08 PM
superblues
:sarcasm: implied

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderbluesfan View Post
No, Polak should apologize for deflecting the puck past Elliot. Polak has been terrible tonight, backed up and allowed shot on first goal. LA scored on a 2 on 3 attack.
Outside of his assist on the Porter goal, Polak's had a rough series in general.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:09 PM
Vladys Gumption
Global Moderator
Colt55

Petro's gotta be hurt. He's not playing much, and looks like he's laboring when he does.

Closed Thread