HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF // Game 6 // St. Louis Blues @ LA Kings

Closed Thread

Old
05-10-2013, 11:46 PM
Alklha

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Our coach got out coached like a mother ****er.
Honestly? If Hitch had pinned up the starting line-up for Game 1 and then just went home for the series then we would have been in a better postion. The only thing he done was put Tarasenko in for Cracknell in Game 4, which looked like a moronic decision at the time and proved to be the case. He basically done nothing else all series.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:46 PM
BackesInBlue

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanick View Post
I am adding one name to the top of that list. Hitchcock and his absolute refusal to adjust anything. Just keep throwing the same **** out hoping for a different result.
I'll pile on here. Berglund needs to go away as well.

Hitch needs to re-evaluate a lot of things that's for sure though. But then again, he wasn't given many options, NO ONE was finishing their chances.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:47 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Players who should not be able to be traded:
Steen
Schwartz
Tarasenko
Pietrangelo

Everyone else is fair game.
That's funny, I said the exact same thing to my dad

Old
05-10-2013, 11:47 PM
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShattStar03 View Post
Keep your heads up guys, you're a goalscorer away from really taking it to the next level. Great effort by your team!
Thank you. But kindly piss off for a little bit. We're grieving here. I'd normally assume you'd understand, but your team apparently doesn't lose much.

Congrats, btw.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:48 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricer502 View Post
It's not hard to understand. They are a good team but have proven over and over now that they are not clutch and can't finish when it matters
Why not add a player or two? Why dismantle the entire core and start over again because we've faced literally the worst match up possible in back to back playoffs? I'm not saying everyone needs to be retained, but "dismantle" is a pretty strong word. I'm in favor of tweaking the roster every offseason, but I wouldn't dismantle a core that is poised to be one of the best for the next 5 years.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:49 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alklha View Post
Honestly? If Hitch had pinned up the starting line-up for Game 1 and then just went home for the series then we would have been in a better postion. The only thing he done was put Tarasenko in for Cracknell in Game 4, which looked like a moronic decision at the time and proved to be the case. He basically done nothing else all series.
That's my point. He refused to adjust. Kept throwing Stewart and McDonald out there when it was totally obvious they were completely useless. there is absolutely no excuse for those two to be on the ice in the last minute. Jaden should have been out there along with Steen.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:49 PM
STL Blues Fan

I don't know. Guess they guys made non refundable vacation plans so they threw the series.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:50 PM
Blues88

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
That's completely false. Alex Steen was the best player for either team in the series.
Pretty tough to think it wasn't Quick. His performance allowed LA to sit back, weather the storm in every game without dominating for any considerable period of time except for game 4 and spurts here and there. I'm scared to see the Kings series shooting %.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Our coach got out coached like a mother ****er.
I foolishly underestimated Darryl Sutter. I guess winning the way they did last year afforded him a degree of foresight and patience Hitchcock couldn't match.

Old
David McConnor
Unregistered User

vCash: 1004
Quote:
Seriously were cursed there is no other explanation
Franchise needs to switch musical genres. It's been a bluesy 40 years so far.

Old
Harley83

Jaden Schwartz reminds me of Cliff Ronning, an undersized guy with the non-stop effort that any team would be lucky to have.

Old
Reclamation Project
I Not Much Like LA

vCash: 592
Just wanted to pop in and say you guys played one HELL of a series and I thought you would win. The Blues are an elite team that will be a contender for many years to come. This series was playoff hockey at it's best! I enjoyed the banter and wish you the best.

Until we meet again!

Old
Oberyn
Prince of Dorne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallis View Post
Players who should not be able to be traded:
Steen
Schwartz
Tarasenko
Pietrangelo

Everyone else is fair game.
I'd add Shatty to the list, I thought he had a pretty good series, and I'll kill myself if I have to see more of Polak trying to make outlet passes in place of him. Other than that I fully agree.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:51 PM
Robb_K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Murtz View Post
not sure who shot it but Blues hit the crossbar with 2 mins to go.

Pretty sure it was Bouwmeester.

Old
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Quote:
I am adding one name to the top of that list. Hitchcock and his absolute refusal to adjust anything. Just keep throwing the same **** out hoping for a different result.
You mean like the Frank experiment in game 4? He just didn't make the changes you would have made.

Old
TimtheDJ84

vCash: 560
**** this team.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
So what I've learned, coaches should play players on extra long shifts or send them out when they are gassed because fans don't want to see certain players play.
I'd rather see the guys that are willing to work hard out there playing than guys are suck and don't know how to keep their feet moving.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:52 PM
Thallis
We suck again!

Send a message via MSN to Thallis
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
I'd add Shatty to the list, I thought he had a pretty good series, and I'll kill myself if I have to see more of Polak trying to make outlet passes in place of him. Other than that I fully agree.
He had a good series, but he's definitely expendable and our most valuable piece. I'd be more than willing to move him for a Spezza.

Old
05-10-2013, 11:53 PM
MattyMo35
Schwartz Be With You

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheDJ84 View Post
Big difference between work ethic and looking like everytime you have the puck that you'll score. I didn't see nearly enough execution on odd man rushes and too much play along the boards. It's tired.
Which player from LA exemplified that? I didn't notice them. Carter finished his scoring chances, but wasn't exactly dangerous. His goals were the result of very hard work and good passing by his teammates. Williams played a hell of a series(well, at least the first 4 games, pretty meh the last two) but I still maintain that Alex Steen was the best player for either side. He was playing like a man possessed, and he produced. Schwartz was playing his tail off, but didn't really have much to show for it at the end of the day.

Old
Sushiko
Damn Blues

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyMo35 View Post
Why not add a player or two? Why dismantle the entire core and start over again because we've faced literally the worst match up possible in back to back playoffs? I'm not saying everyone needs to be retained, but "dismantle" is a pretty strong word. I'm in favor of tweaking the roster every offseason, but I wouldn't dismantle a core that is poised to be one of the best for the next 5 years.
I agree, I'd like to see more than the usual shake up though. But not a dismantle. I am sick of meeting LA, if they are our first round match-up next year I will literally have a meltdown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post
Im so tired of this team losing. They outplayed LA throughout but could not catch a break after game 2.
Good God that makes two of us. It's the same **** over and over. I suppose it's nice they started making the POs again, but it's the same thing and it's getting old. Same excuses, same stories, same song and dance.

Old
CarvinSigX

vCash: 2616
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofSlashFoig View Post
I absolutely hated the Jackman/Polak pairing. Shattenkirk does well with Jackman. Why would you ****ing change it?

Old
05-10-2013, 11:54 PM
BackesInBlue

What's worse is that ownership absolutely NEEDED this club to advance at least one round in these playoffs for financial reasons. There may be larger ramifications here to the roster than just looking to dump underperformers sadly.

Old
superblues
I'm being sarcastic.

Serious question: if we move Shatty, and Leopold walks, what's our D look like? Russell and Cole?

Old
TimtheDJ84

vCash: 560
You dominate a series ,way more chance, can't score. You cannot miss that many open nets. It is just the way it is...watching LA sit back,collapse, and just get goals like they did was disgusting.

Old
Vladys Gumption

Quote:
Originally Posted by superblues View Post
You mean like the Frank experiment in game 4? He just didn't make the changes you would have made.
Yeah he ****ed that up. He should have sat Stewart instead and kept the CPR line. Hitch was throwing **** at the wall and hoped it would stick

Last edited by Vladys Gumption: 05-11-2013 at 12:11 AM.
Old
05-10-2013, 11:55 PM
BadgersandBlues

I have one question. How the hell did Jaden Schwartz average the 4th lowest ice time on our hockey team? The only players he averaged more ice time then were the CPR line and Tarasenko.

I mean, if that one fact doesn't have you looking at Hitchcock and going, "Dude, you ****ed up." I don't know what will.

Closed Thread