HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > St. Louis Blues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

WCQF // Game 6 // St. Louis Blues @ LA Kings

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-11-2013, 12:27 AM
  #501
sbet1998
Registered User
 
sbet1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bleedblue1223 View Post
What did he say. I was too pissed to watch post game.
I couldnt either. Didnt care to hear the normal cliches. But, we all know changes to the core are coming. Look for Berglund, Stewart, Perron to be on the block.

sbet1998 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:27 AM
  #502
Vladys Gumption
Moderator
Trap City
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,065
vCash: 500
Now I'm just waiting for letowskie to come back in here and make another thread about how much the blues suck. At least that would give me a laugh

Vladys Gumption is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:28 AM
  #503
bleedblue1223
OMAHA!!!
 
bleedblue1223's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 20,459
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Now I'm just waiting for letowskie to come back in here and make another thread about how much the blues suck. At least that would give me a laugh
It's Davidson's fault for building this core.

bleedblue1223 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:29 AM
  #504
PrayingMantis
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
I believe polak was at the center of nearly every defensive breakdown this series minus the Leopold pinch. He panics like no other. I can't endure another season with him on the ice.

PrayingMantis is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:30 AM
  #505
Blanick
Winter is coming
 
Blanick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 2,689
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quattro View Post
dude, we waited 45 years too. Miracles happen
not for us. Tragedies happen. I have never ever heard of a team that can get so close or have so many years be "our year" just to have it end in disappointment.

Bobby Orr Flying Goal.
Having Gretzky and Hull on the same team getting beat by Yzerman blueline shot
Winning Presidents Trophy beaten by San Jose
Meltdown to Vancouver

and those are just some of the big ones. Some teams always find a way to win, we always find a way to lose.

Blanick is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:30 AM
  #506
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,137
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimtheDJ84 View Post
Hitch was pissed
Well I'm just as pissed at Hitchcock as I am at the team. Hitchcock is just as guilty as the players are. Hitchcock should be pissed at himself for doing a piss poor job.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:34 AM
  #507
Fred Murtz
Registered User
 
Fred Murtz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 5,658
vCash: 500
Ken Hitchcock post game press conference


Fred Murtz is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:35 AM
  #508
sbet1998
Registered User
 
sbet1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayingMantis View Post
I believe polak was at the center of nearly every defensive breakdown this series minus the Leopold pinch. He panics like no other. I can't endure another season with him on the ice.
Thats not true. Nice first post.

He wasnt great in this series, but Polak was better than some other players, notably some of the losers playing the wings.

You cant blame the defense, you can blame the lack of finish by this team, Elliot letting in softies the last 2 games and Hitch's lack of focus on offense.

sbet1998 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:36 AM
  #509
Vladys Gumption
Moderator
Trap City
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayingMantis View Post
I believe polak was at the center of nearly every defensive breakdown this series minus the Leopold pinch. He panics like no other. I can't endure another season with him on the ice.
That's what happens when he's paired with Jackman. They both need to play with a playmaker.

Vladys Gumption is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:39 AM
  #510
PrayingMantis
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Who actually showed up this series:

Schwartz
CPR
Svobotka
Steen
Petro
Jackman
Shattenkirk
Elliot
Bouwmeester
Oshie

Pretty tough to beat the defending champs when a fraction of your team shows up. We out worked LA and they outclassed us.

PrayingMantis is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:45 AM
  #511
sbet1998
Registered User
 
sbet1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayingMantis View Post
Who actually showed up this series:

Schwartz
CPR
Svobotka
Steen
Petro
Jackman
Shattenkirk
Elliot
Bouwmeester
Oshie

Pretty tough to beat the defending champs when a fraction of your team shows up. We out worked LA and they outclassed us.
How did they 'outclass' the Blues?

Blues were the better team throughout the entire series. They couldnt catch a damm break. Thats the story. They were 'outlucked.'

sbet1998 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:48 AM
  #512
Linus
Registered User
 
Linus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 586
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post
How did they 'outclass' the Blues?

Blues were the better team throughout the entire series. They couldnt catch a damm break. Thats the story. They were 'outlucked.'
I don't really agree. It's not strictly about luck, it's what you do with the lucky breaks that you get. The Kings capitalized on their breaks. The Blues had a ton of open nets and prime opportunities that they missed. The luck was there, but they didn't do anything with it. Had they capitalized, it wouldn't seem like the Blues had bad luck at all.

I do agree that the Blues playing as well or better than the Kings for much of the series though.

Linus is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:50 AM
  #513
PrayingMantis
Rookie User
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbet1998 View Post
Thats not true. Nice first post.

He wasnt great in this series, but Polak was better than some other players, notably some of the losers playing the wings.

You cant blame the defense, you can blame the lack of finish by this team, Elliot letting in softies the last 2 games and Hitch's lack of focus on offense.
Good point. We didnt lose this series because of the D, but polak gives me heartburn. Finishing was the key difference and wingers getting stuck in the offensive zone and giving up odd man rushes. Oh well. Let's hope we boot some of the homegrown players that cant finish for some skill players who can finish and who are more precise with the puck.

PrayingMantis is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:50 AM
  #514
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME
 
STLBLUES44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrayingMantis View Post
I believe polak was at the center of nearly every defensive breakdown this series minus the Leopold pinch. He panics like no other. I can't endure another season with him on the ice.
agree. he was terrible even when he didn't cost us a goal... so many horrible passes and times he just ruined a great offensive opportunity. you can't have two one dimensional defenseman playing together in this league nowadays... him or jackman has to go. even tho it's not gonna happen. also he makes almost 3mill which is alot for a third pairing dman/ pk'er

STLBLUES44 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:53 AM
  #515
JustOneB4IDie
Everyone Overpayment
 
JustOneB4IDie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: St. Louis MO
Country: United States
Posts: 3,378
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blanick View Post
not for us. Tragedies happen. I have never ever heard of a team that can get so close or have so many years be "our year" just to have it end in disappointment.

Bobby Orr Flying Goal.
Having Gretzky and Hull on the same team getting beat by Yzerman blueline shot
Winning Presidents Trophy beaten by San Jose
Meltdown to Vancouver

and those are just some of the big ones. Some teams always find a way to win, we always find a way to lose.
1991 Hull/Oates/Stevens squad loses to North Stars, other than that you Nailed it. 46 years and counting.

JustOneB4IDie is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:54 AM
  #516
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,137
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
agree. he was terrible even when he didn't cost us a goal... so many horrible passes and times he just ruined a great offensive opportunity. you can't have two one dimensional defenseman playing together in this league nowadays... him or jackman has to go. even tho it's not gonna happen. also he makes almost 3mill which is alot for a third pairing dman/ pk'er
We do not need to get rid of Polak or Jackman we just need to pair there with a puck mover like they were paired a good portion of the season. Our coach did a piss poor job on the pairings.

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:55 AM
  #517
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
I hope our management team doesn't panic and start blowing up even half the team.

Surely they have to realize they have a majority of the pieces in place to make a series cup run next year.

That said, I think it's time to be realistic about Oshie, Backes, Berglund and Perron.

They're not top talent and expecting them to excel in that capacity is asking too much, they're good middle to bottom level talent and this team is loaded with that. You need it to build a foundation, but eventually you're going to have to either develop top talent (Schwartz, Tarasenko, Rattie...etc.) or make moves for it.

Right now, we're on the door step like the Red Wings were back in the 90s.

Just need to make the next move.

illninofan* is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 12:59 AM
  #518
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME
 
STLBLUES44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
We do not need to get rid of Polak or Jackman we just need to pair there with a puck mover like they were paired a good portion of the season. Our coach did a piss poor job on the pairings.
Jackman shouldn't play top four minutes anymore... and polak isn't gonna play leftside or play above shatty... we invested alot in leopold so may as well save the cap from jackmans salary and go j-bo-petro, leo-shatty, russell-polak. if leo plays how he did for most of the regular season with us he'lll be fine espescially with more practice with us and shatty. He was terrible in the playoffs tho. with the league the way it is now u gotta have those two way guys. espescially against L.a.'s forecheck u need to have a quick puckmover out there at all times.... there's a reason the jackman polak line got pinned in our own zone a TON. neither of them can move the puck quickly.

STLBLUES44 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 01:02 AM
  #519
HooliganX2
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 6,137
vCash: 772
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
Jackman shouldn't play top four minutes anymore... and polak isn't gonna play leftside or play above shatty... we invested alot in leopold so may as well save the cap from jackmans salary and go j-bo-petro, leo-shatty, russell-polak. if leo plays how he did for most of the regular season with us he'lll be fine espescially with more practice with us and shatty. He was terrible in the playoffs tho. with the league the way it is now u gotta have those two way guys. espescially against L.a.'s forecheck u need to have a quick puckmover out there at all times.... there's a reason the jackman polak line got pinned in our own zone a TON. neither of them can move the puck quickly.
Shattenkirk is a much better player when paired with Jackman. Did you not watch the first half of the season?

HooliganX2 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 01:02 AM
  #520
sbet1998
Registered User
 
sbet1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
I wonder how many people would pick the Blues to win the Cup this year had they buried or gotten some better luck on some of those pucks that hit the post, etc. and won that series...?


Last edited by EastonBlues22: 05-11-2013 at 03:15 AM.
sbet1998 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 01:03 AM
  #521
Vladys Gumption
Moderator
Trap City
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HooliganX2 View Post
We do not need to get rid of Polak or Jackman we just need to pair there with a puck mover like they were paired a good portion of the season. Our coach did a piss poor job on the pairings.
Been saying that all playoffs. Why Hitch didn't go back to that is beyond me.

Vladys Gumption is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 01:04 AM
  #522
sbet1998
Registered User
 
sbet1998's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 1,162
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linus View Post
I don't really agree. It's not strictly about luck, it's what you do with the lucky breaks that you get. The Kings capitalized on their breaks. The Blues had a ton of open nets and prime opportunities that they missed. The luck was there, but they didn't do anything with it. Had they capitalized, it wouldn't seem like the Blues had bad luck at all.

I do agree that the Blues playing as well or better than the Kings for much of the series though.
You have a good point there about not being able to capitalize on their luck, but still, look at the goal that knocked them out of the playoffs...

sbet1998 is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 01:05 AM
  #523
Vladys Gumption
Moderator
Trap City
 
Vladys Gumption's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: St. Louis, MO
Country: United States
Posts: 7,065
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLBLUES44 View Post
Jackman shouldn't play top four minutes anymore... and polak isn't gonna play leftside or play above shatty... we invested alot in leopold so may as well save the cap from jackmans salary and go j-bo-petro, leo-shatty, russell-polak. if leo plays how he did for most of the regular season with us he'lll be fine espescially with more practice with us and shatty. He was terrible in the playoffs tho. with the league the way it is now u gotta have those two way guys. espescially against L.a.'s forecheck u need to have a quick puckmover out there at all times.... there's a reason the jackman polak line got pinned in our own zone a TON. neither of them can move the puck quickly.
Utter nonsense. Jackman-Shatty was probably our most consistent pairing. Jackman is more than capable of handling second pairing minutes when he's with a puck mover. And we're you and I watching the same Leopold? He was horribad. I want out second round pick back. That guy sucks.

Vladys Gumption is online now  
Old
05-11-2013, 01:06 AM
  #524
illninofan*
Jimmies = Unrustled
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: St. Louis
Country: United States
Posts: 3,334
vCash: 500
For the record, like I said I don't think Backes, Perron and Berglund are terrible players...they're just not worthy of being depended on like top end talent. Give them reduced roles and watch them flourish.

Stewart is not right for this team. Let him take a chance in a more wide-open system.

illninofan* is offline  
Old
05-11-2013, 01:07 AM
  #525
STLBLUES44
MILLER TIME
 
STLBLUES44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Country: United States
Posts: 1,369
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedBlue247 View Post
Utter nonsense. Jackman-Shatty was probably our most consistent pairing. Jackman is more than capable of handling second pairing minutes when he's with a puck mover. And we're you and I watching the same Leopold? He was horribad. I want out second round pick back. That guy sucks.
he wasn't as bad during the season as people say he was... he was brutal in the playoffs as was polak... i want the 2nd back also but it obviously aint happenin lol...

STLBLUES44 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:22 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.