HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Joe Sakic, Patrick Roy & Co - Record with Colorado Avalanche

Old
06-06-2013, 02:20 PM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

vCash: 50
Top 5 in the worst category.

Razor29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 02:21 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

vCash: 500
I associate the Avalanche colours and jerseys with Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Adam Foote and the rest of the Avs who were a powerhouse in the NHL one day.

For me, it feels like one of the most classics jerseys in the league. Which obviously is weird cause Avs is such a young franchise. But I love them and I hope they never change.

RobinDIF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 02:22 PM
BrickAHL
#AvaloungeRevolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
I associate the Avalanche colours and jerseys with Joe Sakic, Peter Forsberg, Adam Foote and the rest of the Avs who were a powerhouse in the NHL one day.

For me, it feels like one of the most classics jerseys in the league. Which obviously is weird cause Avs is such a young franchise. But I love them.
Our colours are awesome, probably my favourite in the league but the actually jersey design is terrible.

BrickAHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 02:37 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 966
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
CAN THIS MANAGERIAL TEAM PLEASE BRING IN NEW JERSEYS, WE HAVE THE WORST IN THE LEAGUE. That is all.
Our jerseys are one of the best...the blueberry needs to go

The Kingslayer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freaky Styley View Post
how can you guys say this? The piping going between the letters, the straight stripes separating the colours.. I can't believe anyone actually likes them. The blues are probably the worst, mainly because of the black armpits.
All they got to do is get rid of the blue on the sides, and the vertical piping in favor of the old horizontal piping that defined the shoulders more, and swap out the blueberries for the old burgundy 3rd's.

They don't have to change too much IMO.

Foppa2118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 02:50 PM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

Good read.

http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_...d-be-stars-not

Old
06-06-2013, 03:51 PM
Balls on the table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viking Mode View Post
I'll never read a Kiszla article again.

18007 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 04:44 PM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by 18007 View Post
I'll never read a Kiszla article again.
Why? It was mostly quotes.

Old
06-06-2013, 05:09 PM
Balls on the table!

Quote:
Well, I soured on him when he came out with this Trade Varly article. He also came out with a Trade Duchene article last year and he most recently got into a Twitter war with a dude named Jibble Scribbits where he comes off as a complete a-hole. He basically writes articles about things he knows nothing about and makes up the most bizarre statements just to get page clicks. Not my kind of reporter.

Thanks for putting up the link though, I would have read it if not for him. I don't want to give him the page clicks.

Last edited by 18007: 06-06-2013 at 05:29 PM. Reason: grammar
Old
06-06-2013, 05:21 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
It was good in the sense that it wasn't complete asinine sensationalism. He's not really saying anything of note, it's pretty much common sense that the coaches coach, and the players play.

He's just setting everyone up for his next piece of shock jock trash. The "Avs Should Trade Seth Jones" and "It's Time to Part Ways with Connor McDavid" articles should be coming out in the next couple weeks.

Old
06-06-2013, 05:22 PM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

Some quotes then, not from the article writer.

Quote:
"We had our past. We had our time. It's not our time any more," - Sakic

"Patrick and I have discussed it. He doesn't want to be the star. It's the players' team. It's our job to find and develop the players. It's the players who are going to win the Stanley Cup. If we win another Stanley Cup in Colorado, it's not going to be Patrick, and it's not going to be Joe. It's going to be the players." - Sakic

"You know what? I took a nonguaranteed contract with the Avalanche. And I don't care. I'm not nervous about losing my job," Roy said. "I'm not here for the money. I'm here for the fans. I'm here for this organization. And I'm here to prove to myself that I'm capable of having success at the NHL level." - Roy

"The players are going to be the stars. And I'm going to be the one to give them all the tools they need and all the opportunity to become better players. That's my only objective," - Roy

"Let's put it this way. If we're not winning hockey games, it doesn't matter where I sit in the arena, or where Patrick stands on the bench. It's not going to matter. It's the players who have to win for us to succeed. This is a results business." - Sakic

Old
06-06-2013, 05:47 PM
RobinDIF
Size doesn't matter!

Quote:
Well, I soured on him when he came out with this Trade Varly article. He also came out with a Trade Duchene article last year and he most recently got into a Twitter war with a dude named Jibble Scribbits where he comes off as a complete a-hole. He basically writes articles about things he knows nothing about and makes up the most bizarre statements just to get page clicks. Not my kind of reporter.

Thanks for putting up the link though, I would have read it if not for him. I don't want to give him the page clicks.
You were always tweeting with him that night? I told him to try to speak to people in a nicer way instead of just attacking people, that would get him less hate. And he was like "YOU COME HERE LOOKING FOR A FIGHT? I LAUGH AT YOU" he wrote me like 5 tweets and blocked me.

RobinDIF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 05:51 PM
RockLobster
Beatles Guru

Kiszla is a tool....

Wasn't he the guy saying that the Avs needed to do what they could to give Sakic a bigger role and bring back Roy to coach? And now he comes out with this article stating that they "can't be the stars of the team"? D'uh, we all know that, and they know that.

And getting into a Twitter war with Jibblescribbits is a BIG mistake. Jibble used to post here a lot, he knows his stuff...unlike Kiszla.

Take me to church, I'll worship like a dog at the shrine of your lies. I'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife.
RockLobster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 06:37 PM
Balls on the table!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinDIF View Post
You were always tweeting with him that night? I told him to try to speak to people in a nicer way instead of just attacking people, that would get him less hate. And he was like "YOU COME HERE LOOKING FOR A FIGHT? I LAUGH AT YOU" he wrote me like 5 tweets and blocked me.
Yeah, I wasn't tweeting with him, just reading the posts from Jibblescribbits. (FWIW)

Old
06-06-2013, 06:47 PM
Balls on the table!

Quote:
Some quotes then, not from the article writer.
Thanks, by the way.

Old
06-06-2013, 08:46 PM
Colorado Sports Fan

Pfft...the Blueberries are the best jerseys we currently wear and yes...are better than the old Burgandy Thirds.

Nothing beats the old White Home jerseys. The 96-2008 style.

Colorado Sports Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Sports Fan View Post
Pfft...the Blueberries are the best jerseys we currently wear and yes...are better than the old Burgandy Thirds.

Nothing beats the old White Home jerseys. The 96-2008 style.

The black armpits are the biggest reason they are not as good. The Burgundy ones just looked a lot better. I do like the shoulders on the blueberries, but it's still not enough to dethrone these beauties.

Last edited by Frenchy: 06-06-2013 at 11:00 PM.
Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 10:25 PM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans Landaskog View Post

The black armpits are the biggest reason they are not as good. The Burgundy ones just looked a lot better. I do like the shoulders on the blueberries, but it's still not enough to dethrone these beauties.

Those burgundy 3rd's are near perfect IMO. Have no idea why they changed.

Last edited by Frenchy: 06-06-2013 at 11:01 PM. Reason: QEP
Old
06-06-2013, 10:28 PM
Hans Landaskog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
Those burgundy 3rd's are near perfect IMO. Have no idea why they changed.
I wouldn't mind seeing this come back with the standard A logo on the front. Those would be really nice.

Hans Landaskog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-06-2013, 11:01 PM
expatriated_texan
Freaking Loopy

I have and probably always will love the current AVs theme (logo and colors.) But the design and layout as it is sucks donkey balls.

I really hope that St. Patrick takes a look at them and realizes that if you want to act like and be a champion you need to dress like one as well and force a change to that god awful piping that cuts the front of the jersey into weird shapes. The fact that they've stayed with it this long is just complete BS. I can get over the diaper effect but when you put a line through the C that tells me your captain is only worth one cent. Not a good idea. Hell, even Wirtz was called Dollar Bill...our team advertises our captain for 1 cent.

expatriated_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 12:28 AM
Foppa2118

Quote:
Originally Posted by expatriated_texan View Post
I have and probably always will love the current AVs theme (logo and colors.) But the design and layout as it is sucks donkey balls.

I really hope that St. Patrick takes a look at them and realizes that if you want to act like and be a champion you need to dress like one as well and force a change to that god awful piping that cuts the front of the jersey into weird shapes. The fact that they've stayed with it this long is just complete BS. I can get over the diaper effect but when you put a line through the C that tells me your captain is only worth one cent. Not a good idea. Hell, even Wirtz was called Dollar Bill...our team advertises our captain for 1 cent.
I don't know why but at first glance, I read this as "wizard shaped." I almost laughingly agreed because somehow that piping makes the jersey's look like long skinny shirts that a wizard would wear.

For the record that's about all I know about wizards. Their preferred attire.

Old
06-07-2013, 01:37 AM
Nihiliste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foppa2118 View Post
I don't know why but at first glance, I read this as "wizard shaped." I almost laughingly agreed because somehow that piping makes the jersey's look like long skinny shirts that a wizard would wear.

For the record that's about all I know about wizards. Their preferred attire.
This is the single greatest thing I've ever read.

I might be drunk

Nihiliste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 08:51 AM
Ice Crusher

Quote:

He actually got irritated when I critic his article about the Varly trade than blocked me from twitter because I didn't share his opinion. Columnist should be able to accept critics. He knows nothing about hockey...and still he's pretty bad in his own world (Basketball & football). One of the worst columnist I have ever seen and still has been for the Denver Post for the past 20 years.

Ice Crusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 09:14 AM
Ceremony
like a collar

vCash: 18000
The Avs' jerseys are horrible

Although virtually all concepts I've seen for Avalanche jerseys online are worse. I actually summed it up in a thread on here a few minutes ago: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=190

Ed - and I like the Sakic/Roy quotes in that Kiszla piece. Particularly this one, which bodes well for Johnson, Varlamov and the like:

"I don't think it's going to be that difficult," Roy said. "In junior (hockey), you don't have the luxury to trade your players any time you want. And what that does for you as a coach is to find ways to make it work. That will help with the Avalanche. I cannot get up in the morning and say: 'Landeskog is not doing well, so let's say goodbye and do something else.' My job is going to be to find solutions and work with the players on the team."

ďItís embarrassing. Iím embarrassed to be here right now. Itís not even funny. And itís just embarrassing, the way we, you know, the energy we have in the room and the way we approach practices and the way we approach this game. Itís not how youíre going to win any games in this league." - Jean-Sebastien Giguere, April 8 2013
Ceremony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-07-2013, 10:36 AM
Razor29
The Ultimate Tank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceremony View Post
The Avs' jerseys are horrible

Although virtually all concepts I've seen for Avalanche jerseys online are worse. I actually summed it up in a thread on here a few minutes ago: http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...&postcount=190

Ed - and I like the Sakic/Roy quotes in that Kiszla piece. Particularly this one, which bodes well for Johnson, Varlamov and the like:

"I don't think it's going to be that difficult," Roy said. "In junior (hockey), you don't have the luxury to trade your players any time you want. And what that does for you as a coach is to find ways to make it work. That will help with the Avalanche. I cannot get up in the morning and say: 'Landeskog is not doing well, so let's say goodbye and do something else.' My job is going to be to find solutions and work with the players on the team."
Could also mean that bodes well for Jones.