HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Peter Regin to the Canucks in the offseason?

Old
05-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Siludin

vCash: 500
Peter Regin to the Canucks in the offseason?

Fits the third line center role, and can play with fellow Danes Hansen and Jensen. Free agent this summer and probably won't cost much.

Siludin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:11 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Could probably get him for $800-$1M. Never worked out here. I'd love to see him succeed, though.

Milan the God* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 05:12 PM
Siludin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan the Great View Post
Could probably get him for $800-$1M. Never worked out here. I'd love to see him succeed, though.
Did he play himself out of favor or did other players simply surpass him?

Is he still responsible defensively?

Old
05-10-2013, 05:42 PM
Kezia
Benny

vCash: 50
If hes your 3rd line center, your team sucks.

Kezia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 07:53 PM
Fusbolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siludin View Post

He's just lost... something. Intensity, drive, offensive touch, whatever it was. He was healthy this year, and had ample opportunity to seize the second or third-line centre spot during injury trouble, and did absolutely nothing with it, ending up with 3 assists in 24 games this season.

It's entirely possible that, after as many injuries as he has had, he's lost the will to go into the dangerous areas where he could get hurt, but he's shy and ineffective as of late. I'm sure he still has the skill he had, but maybe not the ability to be an NHL player. You could tell he really WANTED to do well this year, it just didn't happen.

If he can solve his unwillingness, or inability to play harder, he could be a good addition. Otherwise, he'll be gone from the league sooner rather than later.

Fusbolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 08:09 PM
IranCondraAffair

Good luck with him.

He's had some incredible spurts over the years with Ottawa, but he's just not that good anymore, and maybe he wasn't ever that good to begin with.

If he is moved back to left wing he might provide more offensive pressure along the boards and scoring opportunities, but if he gets moved back to wing he's going to get hurt again. For some reason his body can't handle the hits.

He does a lot of little things well defensively but he's not fast or physical. He's a good skater, he has good positioning but isn't anything special in the faceoff dot. He can set up plays in the offensive zone, but he can't carry the puck up ice worth a damn so he has trouble generating his own offence.

If you pay him 800K to be a 4th liner/utility forward, you won't hate him, but he's not a "diamond in the rough". Ottawa gave him plenty of opportunity to succeed but he hasn't.

As a 4th liner he's not special either. He's good on the PK though since he knows how to slow down the play, but he's "just a guy" 5-on-5.

IranCondraAffair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 10:28 PM
Altimus
Probably drunk

Send a message via AIM to Altimus Send a message via MSN to Altimus
He is all yours. He played himself off this team and was out performed by a bunch of rookies.

Altimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Senacus Maximus
AlfSilferssonScores

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusbolito View Post
He's just lost... something. Intensity, drive, offensive touch, whatever it was. He was healthy this year, and had ample opportunity to seize the second or third-line centre spot during injury trouble, and did absolutely nothing with it, ending up with 3 assists in 24 games this season.

It's entirely possible that, after as many injuries as he has had, he's lost the will to go into the dangerous areas where he could get hurt, but he's shy and ineffective as of late. I'm sure he still has the skill he had, but maybe not the ability to be an NHL player. You could tell he really WANTED to do well this year, it just didn't happen.

If he can solve his unwillingness, or inability to play harder, he could be a good addition. Otherwise, he'll be gone from the league sooner rather than later.
Regin played 24 games this season?

Senacus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 04:59 AM
Siludin

I'd hope it was a change of scenery thing. My all-Dane line must become a reality.

Old
05-11-2013, 05:51 AM
TSA0402

He didnt look terrible out there, just never made the most of his opportunity. He still is a fairly skilled two way center that might succeed elsewhere. Definetly had his fair share of injuries, might be fortunate to get a one way deal.

But yes, as previously stated, Ottawa has alot of young guys coming up and those minutes would be better served for them and not a struggling UFA.

TSA0402 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 06:30 AM
Sens Rule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siludin View Post

He got 3 points all year. He both played himself out of favour and others caught him. Pageau is basically now in the spot pencilled in for Regin at the start of the season.

He is extremely responsible defensively. He has become a black hole for offence though. Seems to have lost his confidence, passes when he should shoot.

I don't think anyone will pick him up in the offseason in the NHL. What he needs possibly is an AHL season where he is a top 6 offensive producer. Get used to being a scorer again. I think it is mental as well as physical. Wasn't injured this season after a couple of years of devastating injuries, especially to his shoulder.

Sens Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 06:23 PM
Fusbolito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senacus Maximus View Post
Regin played 24 games this season?
My mistake, I was going from memory.

He actually played 27. Heh. Honestly shows how invisible he's been that we didn't even notice his presence at all.

Fusbolito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 07:39 PM
StayThirstyMyFriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusbolito View Post
My mistake, I was going from memory.

He actually played 27. Heh. Honestly shows how invisible he's been that we didn't even notice his presence at all.
He played fourth line minutes on the fourth line. Not the right spot for that kind of player. He is still good, just not physical enough to play in the bottom two lines.

StayThirstyMyFriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 07:43 PM
MAK19

Regin is done in Ottawa because of his bad season and the emergence of other players.

But if I was a GM and my team needed NHL bodies for depth I would be all over Regin as a reclamation project. He'd come very cheap and is still a defensively responsible forward.

At best you get an elite puck possession 3rd line centre if he returns to form (but I wouldn't hold my breath with all those shoulder injuries).

MAK19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-15-2013, 10:46 PM
Siludin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandyAlwaysKnows View Post
Regin is done in Ottawa because of his bad season and the emergence of other players.

But if I was a GM and my team needed NHL bodies for depth I would be all over Regin as a reclamation project. He'd come very cheap and is still a defensively responsible forward.

At best you get an elite puck possession 3rd line centre if he returns to form (but I wouldn't hold my breath with all those shoulder injuries).
Gillis has been all about reclamation projects that don't pan out. If anything this will fit perfectly with his patterns.

Old
05-15-2013, 11:07 PM
AnthonyJohnson

vCash:
To Ottawa:

F Mason Raymond (rights)
2013 5th Round Pick

To Vancouver:

F Peter Regin

Old
05-16-2013, 12:01 AM
Manked
Ooh to be a Gooner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyJohnson View Post
To Ottawa:

F Mason Raymond (rights)
2013 5th Round Pick

To Vancouver:

F Peter Regin
Sure.

Manked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 11:35 AM
SensAreReligion
GT- CxC Senator

Quote:
To Ottawa:

F Mason Raymond (rights)
2013 5th Round Pick

To Vancouver:

F Peter Regin
ummm yes please

SensAreReligion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Nucker101

Doesn't sound like a player that this team needs. I'd rather roll with Schroeder, I'm not even a fan of having him as the 3LC.

Nucker101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-17-2013, 03:17 PM
canucksfan100

Quote:
To Ottawa:

F Mason Raymond (rights)
2013 5th Round Pick

To Vancouver:

F Peter Regin
lol why would the Canucks do that when they can keep the pick and sign Regin through UFA? Not like many teams will be rushing to throw cash at him to sign..

canucksfan100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-21-2013, 09:17 AM
ImGoingNucks
A.K.A VikingNuck

I might be half Danish, but no thanks.. I like Regin, he really has skills, and I used to think he would be the best Danish NHL'er.

Danish NT coach Per Bäckman, who was responsible for the twins when they played Jr. in Sweden, said Regin is the best Danish player he has ever coached. And he coached Jannik Hansen, Nicklas Jensen, Mikkel Boedker, Frans Nielsen, Oliver Lauridsen, Philip Larsen and Lars Eller.

Something weird happended to Regin after all those injuries, and I don't think he will recover in NA. He needs big ice to regain that confidence.

I spoke to a friend who knows Regin, and he said Regin had lost a lot of his spark in his eyes. I think this has been rough on him.

So back to Europe with Regin. Hope he recovers and regains confidence, I used to love his rushes up the ice, if he has lost the ability to do that. That would be a shame, as some of his best goals came from mid-ice rushes.

Last edited by ImGoingNucks: 05-21-2013 at 09:51 AM.
ImGoingNucks is online now   Reply With Quote