HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
05-17-2013, 01:33 AM
Ezpz
No mad pls

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB24 View Post
Take away the past two POs and that is not that far off, MAF has been a VG goalie in the past. Don't forget also TT won the Con Smyth, Price hasn't got out of the first round except for once, he is 26 now and been around for some time. Maybe a good trade would be MAF for Price, change of scenery would be good for both.
wat. MAF has single handedly gotten the pens(stanley cup favourites every single year) eliminated the past three years, and would have this year if he weren't pulled for Vokoun.

Old
05-17-2013, 02:03 AM
GoHomez

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBB24 View Post
Take away the past two POs and that is not that far off, MAF has been a VG goalie in the past. Don't forget also TT won the Con Smyth, Price hasn't got out of the first round except for once, he is 26 now and been around for some time. Maybe a good trade would be MAF for Price, change of scenery would be good for both.
Thought Price+pick to Philly for Couturier+1st was a done deal?
Philly would then buy out Bryz at $20-30M and go with Price and Mason as their goalies while the Habs sign Backstrom (35 yo coming of back surgery and zero won PO series) or Mike Smith (31 yo, 29yo when he established himself as a starter in the NHL) on the cheap...

MAF has a cup, Loungo doesn't, guess that settles it.

Crosby
Malkin
Letang
Price
Could be a nice core...

Old
05-17-2013, 02:17 AM
Kriss E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
It would not shock me if we find out at some point that Carey suffers from some sort of anxiety or mood disorder.
It would also not shock me if we find out at some point that Carey suffers from nothing you just mentioned.

People have to seriously stop coming up with these speculations as if they actually knew what they were talking about.

Maybe Price is just 25, which is young for a keeper.
Maybe Ward is suffering from mental instability.
Maybe Fleury is suffering from ADD and that's why he loses focus.

Maybe Price just won't reach his max potential.
Maybe Price will reach his elite level next year, or the next, and remain there, or maybe he'll drop back down and be inconsistent his whole career.

Maybe, maybe, maybe, maybe...

All freaking irrelevant at this point. Our backup his Budaj right now. We have no goalie in our ranks that's any promising. So what's our other options? Free Agency? Well, if there's a goalie on the open market that is young, has the same potential and is as inconsistent as Price, he will sign for big money. It's a lateral move.
If there's a solid young keeper about to hit free agency, then his team is likely to either re-sign him, or trade him. In any event, he won't hit free agency.
So chances are, at the very best, you get rid of Price only to replace him by a keeper of the same mold, looking for similar money.
The other option, a trade. When's the last time a team traded a 25yo goalie with Price's potential when they had a back up of Budaj's caliber with no one goalie in their ranks??? I can't remember.
The only trade possible is if we traded Price for another young goalie, like say Bishop or Schneider, but they come with question marks themselves, neither have played full seasons and barely crack the 100 game mark. So the risk is very big.

So all this whining about Price but really, who's better out there (all things considered) and available???
Are we going to trade Price so we can sign Mike Smith at a big contract??

Price absolutely needs to be better, but let's give it a rest with all the BS.
He's still just 25, you don't see too many keepers hit their prime at that age, and even if he just performs like he has, he's average at the very least. Fine, it's overpaid, like so many other NHLers, but it's not like there's so much better available out there. The guys that are proven better aren't getting moved.

We need to draft a keeper next year, a good one, and surround Price with a better D corps.

Old
05-17-2013, 04:56 AM
habsfanatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmanfish90 View Post
Price had a shutout. Thomas did not. I don't care if he allowed 5 goals twice. Price was the better goalie during that series, ask any smart hockey person. The BRUINS got lucky in OT, i remember Ryder saved an open net goal in like Game 4 i think by blocking a shot when the net was open...

Price played well man, like seriously the reason we lost most of those 5 games down the stretch is because the Bruins got ****ing lucky as ****. What kind of team needs OT 3 out of 4 times to beat the lowly Canadiens.

Seriously watch the game film please. The stats back it up.

You're actually right. Tbh the teams are more similar, maybe even this year we had a better skilled defence (definitely much younger). As for the system part about Halak, I don't know who said it but firstly, we didn't face as many shots in round 1 of 2010 then we did in round 1 of 2011...nevertheless Halak played like a god, standing on his head for a good majority of those games in round 1.

Meh re-hashing the old argument, I could see Price being in some people's Top 5 in the league, based purely on the fact he has had some of the ********* teams in front of him where other goalies like Quick, Rask, Lundqvist have had much better teams.

Sure maybe over the last 2 months, first month and a half I disagree.

Price is still a better goalie. Price is a Top 5 goalie in the NHL still, and Reimer is like maybe a Top 15, maybe...
You've lost me, still? He never was. That's why I feel those of us who point this out get labeled haters, but it's the "lovers" making the outlandish claims not the so-called haters. He had one season where he was a fringe top5 out of all his seasons in the NHL.

Old
05-17-2013, 05:28 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Price had a shutout. Thomas did not. I don't care if he allowed 5 goals twice. Price was the better goalie during that series, ask any smart hockey person. The BRUINS got lucky in OT, i remember Ryder saved an open net goal in like Game 4 i think by blocking a shot when the net was open...

Price played well man, like seriously the reason we lost most of those 5 games down the stretch is because the Bruins got ****ing lucky as ****. What kind of team needs OT 3 out of 4 times to beat the lowly Canadiens.

Seriously watch the game film please. The stats back it up.

You're actually right. Tbh the teams are more similar, maybe even this year we had a better skilled defence (definitely much younger). As for the system part about Halak, I don't know who said it but firstly, we didn't face as many shots in round 1 of 2010 then we did in round 1 of 2011...nevertheless Halak played like a god, standing on his head for a good majority of those games in round 1.

Meh re-hashing the old argument, I could see Price being in some people's Top 5 in the league, based purely on the fact he has had some of the ********* teams in front of him where other goalies like Quick, Rask, Lundqvist have had much better teams.

Sure maybe over the last 2 months, first month and a half I disagree.

Price is still a better goalie. Price is a Top 5 goalie in the NHL still, and Reimer is like maybe a Top 15, maybe...
Luck? LOL There's no need to discuss this further. That's the problem here. There is so much statistical and non-statsistical evidence to show that Price is not top 5 or close. But you and some others still go on with the "he's great, man". Welll TELL ME WHY HE IS!!! Explain to me why he is better than the 40+ goalies who had a better save percentage than him or the 40+ goalies who have a better playoff record and save percentage. Keep clinging to the 2 games he played lgihts out in the Boston series.

Old
05-17-2013, 07:00 AM
Frank Drebin

vCash: 735
Quote:
What you just said to me in this post is that James Reimer is just as good of goalie as Carey Price. Do you know how absurd that sounds to me? Technically, Carey Price is way better than James Reimer. Carey Price has 3x the experience and if Carey Price was up 4-1 against the Bruins in Game 7, that game is done. I'm sorry but I can't take you seriously anymore...

This past year, James Reimer was a better goalie than Carey Price.

33 GP 19-8-5 2.46 .924 / 7 PO starts 3-4-0 2.87 .923

vs

39 GP 21-13-4 2.59 .905 / 4 PO starts 1-3-0 3.26 / .894

For the second part about the blown lead...like Price hasn't been in net for blown leads before. Didn't we drop a 3 goal lead to TAMPA BAY just this season?

Here, let me refresh your memory:

http://canadiens.nhl.com/club/boxsco...?id=2012020181

...and you have the audacity to say you can't take me seriously?

Old
05-17-2013, 07:36 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Send a message via Skype™ to dmanfish90
Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
If you say that Price is a top 5 goalie

Your gonna have a bad time
No i won't. He is. Plain and simple. You put Carey Price on the Los Angeles Kings and he has as good numbers as Quickie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post
It would also not shock me if we find out at some point that Carey suffers from nothing you just mentioned.

People have to seriously stop coming up with these speculations as if they actually knew what they were talking about.

Maybe Price will reach his elite level next year, or the next, and remain there, or maybe he'll drop back down and be inconsistent his whole career.

All freaking irrelevant at this point. Our backup his Budaj right now. We have no goalie in our ranks that's any promising. So what's our other options? Free Agency? Well, if there's a goalie on the open market that is young, has the same potential and is as inconsistent as Price, he will sign for big money. It's a lateral move.
If there's a solid young keeper about to hit free agency, then his team is likely to either re-sign him, or trade him. In any event, he won't hit free agency.
So chances are, at the very best, you get rid of Price only to replace him by a keeper of the same mold, looking for similar money.
The other option, a trade. When's the last time a team traded a 25yo goalie with Price's potential when they had a back up of Budaj's caliber with no one goalie in their ranks??? I can't remember.
The only trade possible is if we traded Price for another young goalie, like say Bishop or Schneider, but they come with question marks themselves, neither have played full seasons and barely crack the 100 game mark. So the risk is very big.

So all this whining about Price but really, who's better out there (all things considered) and available???

He's still just 25, you don't see too many keepers hit their prime at that age, and even if he just performs like he has, he's average at the very least. Fine, it's overpaid, like so many other NHLers, but it's not like there's so much better available out there. The guys that are proven better aren't getting moved.

We need to draft a keeper next year, a good one, and surround Price with a better D corps.
The guy's gotta point. What's the best alternative to trading Price? Will it help us both long-term and short-term. Maybe if we get a decent draft pick it will help us long term but it doesn't help us short term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
Luck? LOL There's no need to discuss this further. That's the problem here. There is so much statistical and non-statsistical evidence to show that Price is not top 5 or close. But you and some others still go on with the "he's great, man". Welll TELL ME WHY HE IS!!! Explain to me why he is better than the 40+ goalies who had a better save percentage than him or the 40+ goalies who have a better playoff record and save percentage. Keep clinging to the 2 games he played lgihts out in the Boston series.
I am going to sound very hypocritical because I use stats all the time, but his stats are not truly reflective of how great he is. Like I said earlier, you put Price on the Kings team and he performs just as good as Quick, despite being younger than him.

What 2 games? He played lights out the whole series pretty much...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Drebin View Post
This past year, James Reimer was a better goalie than Carey Price.

33 GP 19-8-5 2.46 .924 / 7 PO starts 3-4-0 2.87 .923

vs

39 GP 21-13-4 2.59 .905 / 4 PO starts 1-3-0 3.26 / .894

For the second part about the blown lead...like Price hasn't been in net for blown leads before. Didn't we drop a 3 goal lead to TAMPA BAY just this season?

If you read my post correctly, I said "What you just said to me in this post is that James Reimer is just as good of goalie as Carey Price."

Now, all of you "haters" like to discount the fact that Carey Price has had 1 good year and that's it. So has James Reimer. Difference is, Reimer has played 100 games in the NHL and Carey Price has played 300 games.

Now this year, James Reimer played better than Carey Price. There I said it.

However, Carey Price is still a top 5 goalie in the NHL, and James Reimer is a top 15 goalie, maybe.

The proof? Carey Price's teams over the past 3 years were terrible. We have no size, we have no physicality and we can't grind other teams down with our size AND outskate them with our speed. We only do the latter and it's not enough.

Put Carey Price on any of Nashville, New York Rangers, Boston, Los Angeles and I guarantee you he performs just as well as any of those goalies there. The difference though, is Price is younger than all of them (Rask by only 1 year, but still younger).

Carey Price isn't going anywhere. Our GM said it himself and he's an extremely smart hockey person so I'll take his word (and my notions for that matter) over most of these keyboard warriors on this thread...

Old
05-17-2013, 07:47 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Quote:

Okay after you refreshing my memory, I went to the video on all 3 of the TB goals at the end of the third period and this is what I saw:

Goal 1: Cross ice pass in the defensive zone in front of the net where somehow our defenders (Subban actually) decided not to cover his guy in front of the net. Not even close to Price's fault/can't make the save.

Goal 2: Puck gets thrown in front of Price, goes off Hedman's hand and into the net. Hard to blame Price there.

Goal 3: While TB was on the PP, a point shot gets deflected off 2 skates and goes into the net. Yeah really was Price's fault there too...

Now here's the video highlights of Game 7 of the ECQF series between BOS & TOR:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...nav-video-main

Now tell me what you see on the 3rd goal by BOS...

I can't blame Reimer on Goals 2 and 4, but i can definitely blame him on Goal 3 and maybe, maybe the OT goal. But i'll blame Goals 2 and 4 and 5 on the team's defense. Absolutely lousy.

Old
05-17-2013, 08:50 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:

Now, all of you "haters" like to discount the fact that Carey Price has had 1 good year and that's it. So has James Reimer. Difference is, Reimer has played 100 games in the NHL and Carey Price has played 300 games.

Now this year, James Reimer played better than Carey Price. There I said it.
You call me a hater yet you agree to what I just said.

Quote:
Okay after you refreshing my memory, I went to the video on all 3 of the TB goals at the end of the third period and this is what I saw:

Goal 1: Cross ice pass in the defensive zone in front of the net where somehow our defenders (Subban actually) decided not to cover his guy in front of the net. Not even close to Price's fault/can't make the save.

Goal 2: Puck gets thrown in front of Price, goes off Hedman's hand and into the net. Hard to blame Price there.

Goal 3: While TB was on the PP, a point shot gets deflected off 2 skates and goes into the net. Yeah really was Price's fault there too...

Now here's the video highlights of Game 7 of the ECQF series between BOS & TOR:

http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...nav-video-main

Now tell me what you see on the 3rd goal by BOS...

I can't blame Reimer on Goals 2 and 4, but i can definitely blame him on Goal 3 and maybe, maybe the OT goal. But i'll blame Goals 2 and 4 and 5 on the team's defense. Absolutely lousy.
In conclusion, Price let in 3 goals that weren't his fault and Reimer let in 3 goals that weren't his fault.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:00 AM
Habs

Quote:
No i won't. He is. Plain and simple. You put Carey Price on the Los Angeles Kings and he has as good numbers as Quickie.

Montreal fans at their finest....no respect for 'Quickie' eh? You think old Price can jump into any team and be the best... lol.

Love how you slid the nickname 'Quickie' into the mix, as if you are on the 'down-low 'with the NHL elite. You sure it isn't 'Quicker' or 'JQ'?

Old
05-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Lars Mon Amour
Mon beau Lars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs View Post
Montreal fans at their finest....no respect for 'Quickie' eh? You think old Price can jump into any team and be the best... lol.

Love how you slid the nickname 'Quickie' into the mix, as if you are on the 'down-low 'with the NHL elite. You sure it isn't 'Quicker' or 'JQ'?
Truth hurts I guess.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:24 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
If Price could turn out to be 80% as good as Quick...I'd be very happy. He's really not in the same league right now.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:42 AM
Pricenyuk
Montreal961

You are all overreacting . Its actually kind of funny.

Can't wait to look back on this thread next year when Price has a good year. Everyone calling for Price's head after a bad season, then loving him the next year when he is the hero of our team. This has happened before, and it will happen again.

He is just entering his prime. Just like many other great goaltenders that had off years before they were 25-30, Price will be fine. Might has well run him out of town before he even hits his high point though, right?

It's no mystery why players choose to play in Arizona, rather than play here.

Old
05-17-2013, 09:52 AM
Pricenyuk
Montreal961

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLONG7 View Post
Is Price still a party animal? Just curious...
I don't think so. He said he never goes out anymore. Not even to get groceries...

He basically stays home all day to avoid the public. Since he can't go anywhere without getting harrassed by fans.

I doubt he re-signs with the Habs after his contract, and wouldnt be surprised if he was down for a trade even before that. If that was me, I would be counting down the days until my freedom.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:07 AM
BLONG7

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal961 View Post
I don't think so. He said he never goes out anymore. Not even to get groceries...

He basically stays home all day to avoid the public. Since he can't go anywhere without getting harrassed by fans.

I doubt he re-signs with the Habs after his contract, and wouldnt be surprised if he was down for a trade even before that. If that was me, I would be counting down the days until my freedom.
He has his finacee with him in Montreal also, which would make sense his partying days are over...

He is a very good goalie, but definitely feeling the pressure of fame in Montreal, right now...he could very well ask for a trade?

Old
05-17-2013, 10:12 AM
bjac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
It would not shock me if we find out at some point that Carey suffers from some sort of anxiety or mood disorder.
Wow, what a load of crap. You have ZERO credibility.

You talk in absolutes as if you have the slightest clue of what is actually going on. The reality of the situation is that diagnosing Price with a mental disorder based on how he sounds in interviews is pure speculation and just plain dumb. You haven't ever had a real conversation with Price, let alone the educational background to even understand how the human mind works.

Stop making crap up.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:18 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Quote:
You call me a hater yet you agree to what I just said.

In conclusion, Price let in 3 goals that weren't his fault and Reimer let in 3 goals that weren't his fault.
The difference being Price won his game in a SO (yes it was regular season). Reimer let in the 3 goals that led to the game going to OT, 1 of them was directly his fault. Can't handle not only 1 rebound, but the play before that set up the next play, was another shot on net that Reimer gives up a big rebound and then next play, another rebound and Lucic scores.

Can't you analyze each goal on its own and realize where the blame is on each of the plays. It's like saying on any given net, one team allows 4 goals and the other team allows 2 but yet you may not realize in some cases that the goalie that allowed 4 goals, only 1 of them would be on the goalie and the goalie that allowed 2 goals could have been on the goalie (weak, soft goals).

Obviously this kind of situation never ventured into your mind...

Quote:

I have lots of respect for JQ. But I also have respect for LAK defensive play and coach. Just like if Price was on Nashville, he would, IMO, have better numbers than Rinne. It's just my opinion, Price is an elite goaltender. He's on one of the ********* defensive teams (they're small and soft, on average) and yes this year he didn't play well, but in other years when he did, his numbers don't reflect it. Why? Because of the team in front of him...

It's just that simple.

I never said be the best, but be as good as JQ. But thanks for putting words in my mouth...

Quote:
If Price could turn out to be 80% as good as Quick...I'd be very happy. He's really not in the same league right now.
He's close. The fact is if we had this defensive core last year:

Drew Doughty (6'0" offensive stud [did you see that bullet last night, OMG])
Willie Mitchell (6'3" defensive warrior)
Rob Scuderi (6'1" defensive specialist)
Slava Voynov (5'11" offensive specialist)
Matt Greene (6'3" defensive warrior)
Alec Martinez (don't really know him that well, but 6'1" defensive/two-way player)

Then don't get me started on their forwards.

Trust me if I had that kind of defensive core in front of me, I would be only letting 2 goals on average each game too...

Quote:

That all depends on if he plays well starting now and/or if he brings home a Cup to the great city that is Montreal.

Couple ifs, but Price won't be retiring as a Hab if he doesn't step it up. Fanbase and media will eat him up (as they are right now), chew him up even more and just spit him out.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
The difference being Price won his game in a SO (yes it was regular season). Reimer let in the 3 goals that led to the game going to OT, 1 of them was directly his fault. Can't handle not only 1 rebound, but the play before that set up the next play, was another shot on net that Reimer gives up a big rebound and then next play, another rebound and Lucic scores.

Can't you analyze each goal on its own and realize where the blame is on each of the plays. It's like saying on any given net, one team allows 4 goals and the other team allows 2 but yet you may not realize in some cases that the goalie that allowed 4 goals, only 1 of them would be on the goalie and the goalie that allowed 2 goals could have been on the goalie (weak, soft goals).

Obviously this kind of situation never ventured into your mind...

\
Ah I see. Reimer let in a weak goal...Price never does that. Actually watching those Reimer goals...they look like classic Carey Price goals. Rebounds and "not being able to see the puck through a screen".

If you're gonna fault Reimer for rebounds, how do you explain this, in the midst of his playoffs where he "outplayed" TT?

I'm not blaming either goalie, but rebounds are part of the game.

Last edited by Frank Drebin: 05-17-2013 at 10:48 AM.
Old
05-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Lshap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kriss E View Post

Man, this post is a glass of cool, filtered water after barrels of melodramatic sludge. Thanks for a refreshing sip of common sense.

Yeah, we all want elite. The question is, can we settle for good?

Old
05-17-2013, 10:50 AM
Talks to Goalposts

Quote:
Its interesting people bring up Quick. Price seems to have aped Quick's style in the off season in a game of follow the leader. This has killed his rebound control which used to be a strength.

Goaltending is not just about the goalie, its the confluence of how your goaltender and your skaters play together. Quick's style that Price copied depends on a group of skaters that is fantastic at rounding up lose pucks to play with a defense less capable of it.

Price would have been better off keeping to his native technique, his troubles have tended to come when he's moved off of it.

Old
05-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjac View Post
Wow, what a load of crap. You have ZERO credibility.

You talk in absolutes as if you have the slightest clue of what is actually going on. The reality of the situation is that diagnosing Price with a mental disorder based on how he sounds in interviews is pure speculation and just plain dumb. You haven't ever had a real conversation with Price, let alone the educational background to even understand how the human mind works.

Stop making crap up.
Please learn how to read English and maybe save yourself future embarrassment . "Would not shock me" means that if we learned of it through Carey's own words or a professional diagnosis I would not fall off my chair in surprise. Learn to ****ing interpret language .

He has admittedly vomited before big games, his third period , OT ,shootout, and big game stats are not good . When the pressure mounts from expectation he's hit and miss.

He now has made hobbit-in-the-hole comments.

Old
05-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Frank Drebin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talks to Goalposts View Post
Its interesting people bring up Quick. Price seems to have aped Quick's style in the off season in a game of follow the leader. This has killed his rebound control which used to be a strength.

Goaltending is not just about the goalie, its the confluence of how your goaltender and your skaters play together. Quick's style that Price copied depends on a group of skaters that is fantastic at rounding up lose pucks to play with a defense less capable of it.

Price would have been better off keeping to his native technique, his troubles have tended to come when he's moved off of it.
I don't really like Quicks style, he overchallenges a lot but the thing I really admire is how hard he works in the crease. You look at all the dominant goalies, they all work extremely hard in the crease.

Old
05-17-2013, 11:01 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:
You are all overreacting . Its actually kind of funny.

Can't wait to look back on this thread next year when Price has a good year. Everyone calling for Price's head after a bad season, then loving him the next year when he is the hero of our team. This has happened before, and it will happen again.

He is just entering his prime. Just like many other great goaltenders that had off years before they were 25-30, Price will be fine. Might has well run him out of town before he even hits his high point though, right?

It's no mystery why players choose to play in Arizona, rather than play here.
Congratulations as far knowing what fans are made of...NO MATTER WHICH CITIES THEY ARE FROM. 'Cause Boston fans have fired Julien around 20 times since he's been there. And Rangers fans have booed players out of their town. And Leafs fans....and Philly fans etc...No wonder players chose Arizona before Montreal...or any of those cities. By the way....who chose Arizona before Montreal? Talking about overreaction...

Old
05-17-2013, 11:06 AM
dmanfish90
How about 76 for 25?

Quote:
Ah I see. Reimer let in a weak goal...Price never does that. Actually watching those Reimer goals...they look like classic Carey Price goals. Rebounds and "not being able to see the puck through a screen".

If you're gonna fault Reimer for rebounds, how do you explain this, in the midst of his playoffs where he "outplayed" TT?

I'm not blaming either goalie, but rebounds are part of the game.
LOL I love how we went from discussing the Game 7 for Reimer and the games you keep bringing up that show Price either "giving up 3 goals" or "giving up a rebound".

Don't compare apples to oranges now. Your comeback of using one game where Price had given up a rebound to a player that was WIDE OPEN in front of the net and not even covered. Whereas Lucic was covered and yet still somehow got his shot on goal into the net. Don't forget to mention that Brian Gionta couldn't lift the puck 1 foot in the air and we should have won that game right there. But that's fine you can nitpick or whatever...

Why do you think he's generated the nickname "Rebound Reimer"...? Is it a one time thing or a frequent occurence...?

Old
05-17-2013, 11:07 AM
Whitesnake
Habs of steel

Quote:

"Harrassed by fans"...you mean like being attacked? Being mocked? Or just that people look at him? What's did Price really say? Isn't it possible that he's so much a low key that just people starting at him continuously makes him unconfortable? Could be the signing of some autographs that pisses him off? Can we just put everything in perspective and realize that athletes have a different sense of persecution when it comes to fan relations?

How about athletes from Baseball or any other major sports that are REALLY harassed? How about those gods that plays Soccer in Europe? Do they all chose Arizona before major cities? Thank god others don't mind it and can live with it 'cause if not....we wouldn't have a team. Unless you want fans to pretend as if those guys are ordinairy people which will obviously never happen.

In the end, it is possible that he can't deal with that. Even if he would win. If so, Bergevin needs to have a talk and deal with that accordingly. Just before we don't have the upper hand. 'Cause another Roy fiasco is not acceptable (not comparing Roy to Price obviously, just saying that losing a #1 starter for nothing will put us back, again 10 years back.)

Closed Thread