HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Carey Price Discussion Thread (Part 4)

Closed Thread

Old
05-12-2013, 06:31 PM
CP31

vCash: 500
There are a few guys on here that will still hate him is he wins a vezina. They want him to do bad. Stop trying to convince them.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:31 PM
No Team Needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traitor8 View Post
-Chi and Min both score 2 goals only in Game 3, they get to go to OT and have a chance.
-Ana scores only 2 goals in Game 1 (not counting empty netter) and win.
-ANA and Det both scores 2 goals in game 4, they get to go to OT.
-ANA and Det both scores 2 goals in game 5, they get to go to OT.
-SJ and Van both scores 2 goals in game 2, they get to go to OT.
-STL and LA both scores only 1 goal, they get to go to OT.
-LA and STL scores only 2 goals each to get to OT.
Now you're really proving you can't pay attention. More than two goals is...

Old
05-12-2013, 06:32 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP31 View Post
There are a few guys on here that will still hate him is he wins a vezina. They want him to do bad. Stop trying to convince them.
This is a worthless post. I don't think there's a single Habs fan that wants Price to play poorly.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by No Team Needed View Post
Now you're really proving you can't pay attention. More than two goals is...
Now you're really proving you can't pay attention. Getting a chance to win when you only score 2 goals in 60 minutes is ...

Old
05-12-2013, 06:35 PM
CP31

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyfan2k11 View Post
This is a worthless post. I don't think there's a single Habs fan that wants Price to play poorly.
But there is. People like Traitor and Malik2 or whatever his name is will NEVER give him credit for anything he does. I am okay with you because if he puts on a good performance you acknowledge it. Some are just blind haters for life.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:35 PM
MTLSandman*

Quote:
Ya, I officially retire from arguing with these clueless haters. It takes up too much of my time and I have better things to do. Not to mention I can keep on cheering for my team, while theses "fans" are constantly rooting for us ( Price) to fail. Must really sucks to be a fan of a team with star players you hate... Hard to imagine, but must really be sad to experience.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:36 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
But there is. People like Traitor and Malik2 or whatever his name is will NEVER give him credit for anything he does. I am okay with you because if he puts on a good performance you acknowledge it. Some are just blind haters for life.
********. I want the HABS to win the cup and do well. Nobody was happier than me when we won game 2 and price making sick save after sick save. That's the price I want.

Not Price where all his fanboys make excuses and we can't get an offensive star because our goalie is making 6.5 but playing like a 3 m $ goalie.

Just because I don't see Price as a franchise player doesn't make me any less of a fan than you.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:37 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTLSandman View Post
Ya, I officially retire from arguing with these clueless haters. It takes up too much of my time and I have better things to do. Not to mention I can keep on cheering for my team, while theses "fans" are constantly rooting for us ( Price) to fail. Must really sucks to be a fan of a team with star players you hate... Hard to imagine, but must really be sad to experience.
Potential star players than play like ****.

I don't hate anybody. I'm commenting on the on ice product without being biased. You think Price is a franchise goalie because that's what Gainey and co have told you but the on ice product have a lot to be desired.

Guess what, Desharnais and Moen suck too. They should leave.

Guess what, Subban was amazing and should stay.

Be objective. Just because they are playing for habs doesn't mean that you can't say someone sucks.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:45 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
Yes, Mr. "If Roy was in nets last year, we would only have 2-4 pts more"

Old
05-12-2013, 06:46 PM
StapleA

Quote:
"You don't get a chance to win if you only score 2 goals"
Actually, I think that it might have a connection with Michel Therrien's system. Looking at the 2008-2009 Penguins season, there seemed to be many high-scoring games as opposed to, let's say, the 2010-2011 season under Martin which had more 3-2 games.

Also, if you check Fleury's stats, you'll see that while he GAA was around 2.60-2.70 under Therrien, it fell to 2.30-2.40 under Bylsma. Maybe it was just a coincidence, or maybe it had to do with Martin/Michalek replacing defensemen like Gonchar, but in any case, in the end it can fall on Therrien's coaching.

EDIT: Oops, Therrien was fired a year before. I guess my argument is pointless now.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:47 PM
Nedved

the anger is strong, here, yes, the anger is strong.

Old
05-12-2013, 06:50 PM
MTLSandman*

Quote:
Potential star players than play like ****.

I don't hate anybody. I'm commenting on the on ice product without being biased. You think Price is a franchise goalie because that's what Gainey and co have told you but the on ice product have a lot to be desired.

Guess what, Desharnais and Moen suck too. They should leave.

Guess what, Subban was amazing and should stay.

Be objective. Just because they are playing for habs doesn't mean that you can't say someone sucks.
You're so short sighted, I'm starting to understand why you have this opinion of him. Problem is that you are referring to either the last month price or the 21 year old price when saying he isn't as advertised, because other than that, He has been progressing and showing why he's gonna be a force to be reckoned with for years and years.

It's the fact that he played Great for such a long stretch ( 2 full years) and then poorly for 1 whole month, yet you judge him as nothing more than average. That's what puts you in the "Hater" chair.

You're star forward making 6.5 mil will definitely not give you perfect consistent results over that period of time, and it's almost guaranteed he's going to have some rough patches along the way. Same goes for the goalie. The important part is that when looking at the global picture he gives you a good performance, and I think it's safe to say that most of the time, Price is rock solid and there are not many other goalies I would put in his place.

( I just know you're about to pull out stats, so I'm just gonna go back to saying watch the games to rate performances, stats don't tell the story)

( Also, I congratulate you if you read up to here , traitor, because from your other posts you never seem to read everything...)

Old
05-12-2013, 06:51 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
You're so short sighted, I'm starting to understand why you have this opinion of him. Problem is that you are referring to either the last month price or the 21 year old price when saying he isn't as advertised, because other than that, He has been progressing and showing why he's gonna be a force to be reckoned with for years and years.

It's the fact that he played Great for such a long stretch ( 2 full years) and then poorly for 1 whole month, yet you judge him as nothing more than average. That's what puts you in the "Hater" chair.

You're star forward making 6.5 mil will definitely not give you perfect consistent results over that period of time, and it's almost guaranteed he's going to have some rough patches along the way. Same goes for the goalie. The important part is that when looking at the global picture he gives you a good performance, and I think it's safe to say that most of the time, Price is rock solid and there are not many other goalies I would put in his place.

( I just know you're about to pull out stats, so I'm just gonna go back to saying watch the games to rate performances, stats don't tell the story)

( Also, I congratulate you if you read up to here , traitor, because from your other posts you never seem to read everything...)
He had 1 amazing year (season and playoffs), the rest he's been average to absolute JUNK.

That's not worth 6.5 M $.

Don't worry, if Roy was in nets last year, we would have had 1-2 more wins only right? right?

Old
05-12-2013, 06:58 PM
MTLSandman*

Quote:
He had 1 amazing year (season and playoffs), the rest he's been average to absolute JUNK.

That's not worth 6.5 M $.

Don't worry, if Roy was in nets last year, we would have had 1-2 more wins only right? right?
Actually he was not "average to absolute junk"
Once again proving to be a blind hater....

I wish HF had an 18 years or older rule... We wouldn't have such childish and dumbass responses.

I love how literal you took my Roy post... You seriously mUst have failed English class because reading comprehension is not your forte.

My point was that even with out of this world performances from our goalie last year, we wouldn't have come close to the playoffs and we might only have been 3-4 spots up in the standings.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:02 PM
Kriss E
HFB Partner

Quote:
I remember you being in the pro-price camp and criticizing me. ..

It could be someone else though
I was never pro-Price, this is just HF at its best. You always either have to be a fanboy or a hater.
I'm really not a fan of Price actually, but I think his potential is not something we could have passed on a few years ago. I also think some were overly harsh on a young player developing that will undoubtedly make mistakes.
But right now, as of next year, we need a lot more consistency. He is no longer a young up and comer. He is a 6 year veteran with almost 350 games of experience on a huge contract, standards are much higher now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrb1p View Post
Why? Instead of posting things like the above... you just make ridiculous claims... You just look like someone who hates Price. I can accept criticism.. But what you are doing is only ''hating''. And its not sane for you, me and him.

We made Anderson look good, don't worry. How many times did you see someone in his crest? How many shots in the corners ? How many deflections ? How many screen ?
We didn't make life extremely hard for Anderson but that has nothing to do with Price letting a shot through him that has no business going in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
This season? Yes, absolutely.

A few minor corrections to your game-by-game logs.

Game 1: agreed.
Game 2: Price was AMAZING, not just "good."
Game 3: Team scored one goal. One.
Game 4: Team sat back and stopped playing. Price faced what? 14-15 shots in that period alone?
Game 5: Again, team scored one goal. One.

You put so much emphasis on the goalie, yet no blame is put on offense scoring four goals in the three other games the Habs lost. You place no blame on the defense for giving up so many odd-man rushes. I'd like to know; why?
Goaltenders have the ability to change the outcome of games. If you're forwards are struggling, same with your defensemen, your goalie needs to step it up in order to keep you in the game. You need him to bail you out while you try to deal with some struggles.
In Game 4, the team sat back in the 3rd, and Price couldn't sustain the pressure.
Game 2 was the only great game from Price but the rest of the team also played very well.

Price wasn't very good these POs. We need him to be better.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:08 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
People love to evaluate Price based solely on the pucks he let in....but how about all the boxing he did with the pucks as well that didn't materialize? How about the bad rebound control he had that because we played a poor offensive team (that still had 2 blowouts against us) wasn't able to score on? On top of the numbers, people do need to watch the games. And aside from 1 game wheere he was in TOTAL control. He didn't have it in the other 4.

Nobody is dumb enough to not notice when Price doesn't play well. Even his biggest hater. Even he can find 1 game here and there where he was incredible.....but that's not the point. We are not there to find a couple of games where he was the second coming of Jesus. We are at the point of finding consistency. And where he could come out big in bigger games. Every top 30 goalie will have some incredible games here and there. Take whoever you want, you will find incredible games for everybody. What separates the greats is the number of great games, the consistency and the ability to come up big when needed.

If Bergevin wants to keep Price, he has to wake up and realize that he will indeed need to bring some help up front. Bigger on D and on forwards. Keep the talent and add to the mix. We have to know if Price is able to be a product of the system. If not, we will have to move him. But one thing is sure.....we CANNOT be on the shortest straw of the deal here. This CANNOT be another Roy deal.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:29 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitesnake View Post
People love to evaluate Price based solely on the pucks he let in....but how about all the boxing he did with the pucks as well that didn't materialize? How about the bad rebound control he had that because we played a poor offensive team (that still had 2 blowouts against us) wasn't able to score on? On top of the numbers, people do need to watch the games. And aside from 1 game wheere he was in TOTAL control. He didn't have it in the other 4.

Nobody is dumb enough to not notice when Price doesn't play well. Even his biggest hater. Even he can find 1 game here and there where he was incredible.....but that's not the point. We are not there to find a couple of games where he was the second coming of Jesus. We are at the point of finding consistency. And where he could come out big in bigger games. Every top 30 goalie will have some incredible games here and there. Take whoever you want, you will find incredible games for everybody. What separates the greats is the number of great games, the consistency and the ability to come up big when needed.

If Bergevin wants to keep Price, he has to wake up and realize that he will indeed need to bring some help up front. Bigger on D and on forwards. Keep the talent and add to the mix. We have to know if Price is able to be a product of the system. If not, we will have to move him. But one thing is sure.....we CANNOT be on the shortest straw of the deal here. This CANNOT be another Roy deal.
This. He needs to be insulated at this point, IMO.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Varlan

Quote:
Clearly there are a lot of them that want him to fail.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:35 PM
CP31

Quote:
This. He needs to be insulated at this point, IMO.
Every good goalie is insulated though. No goalie is going to to good with 1 top pairing D, and a bunch of small, soft defenseman. Rask, Lundquist, Quick, they all have very good defensive teams. Look at Rinne. Take Suter away and his play drops off significantly.

Old
05-12-2013, 07:38 PM
One Less Louise
Dale Weise it !

Quote:
No. Nobody will.

The worst part is that if Price finally gets back to his 2010-11 level, we'll have a million people who don't understand anything about anything come in here and say : You were wrong, suck it hater...

Sigh...

Old
05-12-2013, 07:51 PM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Every good goalie is insulated though. No goalie is going to to good with 1 top pairing D, and a bunch of small, soft defenseman. Rask, Lundquist, Quick, they all have very good defensive teams. Look at Rinne. Take Suter away and his play drops off significantly.
NO. And there's a difference between getting a goalie a solid D to play behind and insulating him.

Old
05-12-2013, 08:07 PM
Whitesnake
Mediocre Stability

vCash: 725
Quote:
I will never get this. If that's true, it means they are not Habs fans. And if you come up with "but that are only fans of players and not the team" I call it bogus. Every Habs fan want their team to win. They might have strong opinions on players, opinions that you totally don't share. And that's absolutely fine. But their opinion is ONLY based on the possibility to see their team win. That's all.

Unless Price has done something personal to them, hating Price 'cause it's just great to do so doesn't exist unless....they are not REAL Habs fans to begin with. To which I say...why would you care about what non-habs fans have to say?

The rest are totally entitled to their opinions even if they are totally contradictory to what you or I think of the subject.

Old
05-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Traitor8

Quote:
I will never get this. If that's true, it means they are not Habs fans. And if you come up with "but that are only fans of players and not the team" I call it bogus. Every Habs fan want their team to win. They might have strong opinions on players, opinions that you totally don't share. And that's absolutely fine. But their opinion is ONLY based on the possibility to see their team win. That's all.

Unless Price has done something personal to them, hating Price 'cause it's just great to do so doesn't exist unless....they are not REAL Habs fans to begin with. To which I say...why would you care about what non-habs fans have to say?

The rest are totally entitled to their opinions even if they are totally contradictory to what you or I think of the subject.
Exactly and i've been posting on these boards since 2003, 2 full years before Carey got drafted.

and I have little to no post on any other team forums over the past decade.

Old
05-12-2013, 08:12 PM
Lafontaine

I've never been a Price fan, and I think that these play-offs were just par for the course with him.

That said, in talking with a raving drunk idiot savant friend of mine last night I was reminded that Carey has to deal with a defence of horse jockeys trying to clear his crease for him. It must be hard to put up with that game after game, year after year.

Old
05-12-2013, 08:34 PM
overlords
youmyboyblou!

Quote:

No offense, but you speak as if all habs fans are rational.

Closed Thread