HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > GM Games and HF Leagues
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
GM Games and HF Leagues All GM Games and Fantasy League drafts and discussion go here.

Galchenyum's Fantasy Draft - Discussion Thread - Washington available, PM me

Old
06-01-2013, 02:46 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

vCash: 500
Also, you guys can start negotiating trades and even sending them in to me once they are done. However they will not be made official until the start of the draft.

I'll reiterate this here too for those who skip the rules: ALL TRADES MUST BE SENT TO ME BY PM BEFORE POSTING THEM. I would like to review all trades before they are official. Any trade I don't post is not official unless stated otherwise.

Galchenyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 02:46 PM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galchenyum View Post
Nobody post in the draft thread!!! We'll be posting in that thread to make picks ONLY. Thought that was stated pretty clearly on the thread but just to stress on it.

And yeah agreed. I'm too broke to be busy on a Saturday night haha.

EDIT: And no mods in our game to delete the unnecessary post in the draft thread haha. Well, if one happens to see this post and wouldn't mind removing it that would be appreciated.
Are you going to make a trading thread or is all that happening in the discussion thread?

How Ya Drouin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 02:48 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:
Originally Posted by JI123 View Post
Are you going to make a trading thread or is all that happening in the discussion thread?
I'll announce trades in here, but they'll also be neatly kept track of in the drafting thread until the end of the draft in the first few posts that I reserved under the OP for that reason.

Old
06-01-2013, 02:52 PM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

I am looking for another 2nd round pick, preferably high.

Old
06-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Nedved

Can we draft upcoming prospects that were drafted last year, or the year before?

or do they have to be regular nhlers, ahl players? just trying to get a feel for the rules...

glad to know we will have our own 2013 entry draft, I think that's pretty sweet.

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 03:36 PM
SabresBills2013

29th overall on the block. PM me with offers.

SabresBills2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 03:43 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
Can we draft upcoming prospects that were drafted last year, or the year before?

or do they have to be regular nhlers, ahl players? just trying to get a feel for the rules...

glad to know we will have our own 2013 entry draft, I think that's pretty sweet.
Just reread the rules and realized I forgot to clear that up, and I decided to make a few changes to what I had planned as I did. Basically, I figured the best way to divide it up was to have only signed players(including expiring contracts; GMs will have a chance to extend the player before free agency) eligible for the Fantasy Draft, and have all unsigned players and prospects in a separate draft. So it won't be an entry draft per say as other unsigned prospects and players will also be eligible for that draft.

Next offseason the same will occur, GMs will have the chance to protect 12 players under contract and 5 of their unsigned prospects, the rest entering their respective drafts.

Any player under contract who doesn't get picked in the re-draft returns to their original team. A player who isn't picked in the re-draft on an expiring contract goes to free agency.

Any undrafted player from the unsigned player draft goes to free agency.

Does that make sense to everyone? I think it'll work out well.

Last edited by Galchenyum: 06-01-2013 at 03:48 PM.
Old
06-01-2013, 03:47 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
So it goes.

Quote:
Draft thread with draft order is up:

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh...5#post66864285

And I decided on the 12 keepers+5 unsigned keepers(prospects). I'd like to try it that way one season and see how it goes but if there is unanimous dislike I might change it. Everything else I came up with in terms of rules is listed in that post.
That seems like quite a few... 12 total would make more sense personally. Lilina's right in that bottomfeeders will really struggle to get themselves up with so little talent in the draft pool.

Quote:
Nobody post in the draft thread!!! We'll be posting in that thread to make picks ONLY. Thought that was stated pretty clearly on the thread but just to stress on it.

And yeah agreed. I'm too broke to be busy on a Saturday night haha.

EDIT: And no mods in our game to delete the unnecessary post in the draft thread haha. Well, if one happens to see this post and wouldn't mind removing it that would be appreciated.
You can just PM one you know and they'll almost always delete a few posts.

LatvianTwist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 03:49 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
So it goes.

Very comfortable at #7 overall. Will be looking to get a higher 2nd round pick, though, hopefully within the top 40-45. PM me if you're in that area and are looking to move down.

Old
06-01-2013, 03:54 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:
Originally Posted by LatvianTwist View Post
That seems like quite a few... 12 total would make more sense personally. Lilina's right in that bottomfeeders will really struggle to get themselves up with so little talent in the draft pool.
I'd like to try it this way for one season and see how it goes. Most keeper leagues don't even have drafts every year so it's already an advantage for the bottomfeeders to have one. Plus it gives you a chance to hold on to all your best prospects as a rebuilding team without completely gutting yourself of your roster players every year.

Old
06-01-2013, 04:37 PM
donut
#TeamWitty

vCash: 1500
To clarify, there will be a minimum cap hit right? Or else people are just going to stack up on young rookies.....

donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 04:42 PM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

I am now looking for a pick in the 4th round (91st overall-120th overall)

Old
06-01-2013, 04:57 PM
MarkusNaslund19

Any chance we can do more advanced scoring?

Like including blocked shots, hits, shorthanded ice time, face off wins, etc?

I always find those ones much more interesting.

MarkusNaslund19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 05:09 PM
Nedved

Quote:
Just reread the rules and realized I forgot to clear that up, and I decided to make a few changes to what I had planned as I did. Basically, I figured the best way to divide it up was to have only signed players(including expiring contracts; GMs will have a chance to extend the player before free agency) eligible for the Fantasy Draft, and have all unsigned players and prospects in a separate draft. So it won't be an entry draft per say as other unsigned prospects and players will also be eligible for that draft.

Next offseason the same will occur, GMs will have the chance to protect 12 players under contract and 5 of their unsigned prospects, the rest entering their respective drafts.

Any player under contract who doesn't get picked in the re-draft returns to their original team. A player who isn't picked in the re-draft on an expiring contract goes to free agency.

Any undrafted player from the unsigned player draft goes to free agency.

Does that make sense to everyone? I think it'll work out well.
slightly confused about prospects. for instance, I want to draft:

beaulieu, is that fine? a guy that has been back and forth on a two way contract?

what about kristo, or leblanc, guys that will potentially make it out of camp this year?

but a guy like collberg would be a no go, since he still plays in the sel? and probably won't make it?

bit of a gray area here...

never mind, you can draft anyone who isn't on an entry level contract? is that correct?

Nedved is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 05:12 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkusNaslund19 View Post
Any chance we can do more advanced scoring?

Like including blocked shots, hits, shorthanded ice time, face off wins, etc?

I always find those ones much more interesting.
I agree those are fun and I was considering it, however I just think it makes the draft really unpredictable (in other words the best players in the pool might be some random players picked in the later rounds). We can always change it for next season, as long as we do so before the re-draft.

As for the minimum cap hit, yes I'll edit that in to the rules. Same as the NHL, $18M below the upper limit which I set to $75M for us to give us some breathing room at least for the first season to feel things out. So the lower limit will be $57M this year.

Old
06-01-2013, 05:20 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedved View Post
slightly confused about prospects. for instance, I want to draft:

beaulieu, is that fine? a guy that has been back and forth on a two way contract?

what about kristo, or leblanc, guys that will potentially make it out of camp this year?

but a guy like collberg would be a no go, since he still plays in the sel? and probably won't make it?

bit of a gray area here...

never mind, you can draft anyone who isn't on an entry level contract? is that correct?
Anyone who is signed. All those guys have a contract with the Habs so they are eligible for the fantasy draft. An example of a player eligible for the unsigned player draft would have been Habs prospect Tim Bozon a few days ago before the Habs inked him. Now he would be eligible for the fantasy draft.

Old
06-01-2013, 05:20 PM
donut
#TeamWitty

vCash: 1500
Quote:
I agree those are fun and I was considering it, however I just think it makes the draft really unpredictable (in other words the best players in the pool might be some random players picked in the later rounds). We can always change it for next season, as long as we do so before the re-draft.

As for the minimum cap hit, yes I'll edit that in to the rules. Same as the NHL, $18M below the upper limit which I set to $75M for us to give us some breathing room at least for the first season to feel things out. So the lower limit will be $57M this year.
Considering there are 2 drafts as well as a free agency, I'm gonna suggest we should have a minimum for each. (ie. $45M minimum for the 1st one, $50M minimum for the 2nd and the $57M for FA~Season)

>>We should set a chatzy up so it would be easier to communicate.

BTW, Vancouver is interested getting some more picks for the 3rd-5th rounds, as well as picks in the 20th-25th rounds. PM if you have anything...

donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 05:35 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonutLee View Post
Considering there are 2 drafts as well as a free agency, I'm gonna suggest we should have a minimum for each. (ie. $45M minimum for the 1st one, $50M minimum for the 2nd and the $57M for FA~Season)
I think everyone will be fine. If you're way under the cap by free agency you can add some salary a la 2011 offseason Florida Panthers, sign a bunch of players 'til you're over.

The chatzy will be considered.

Also, new and very important rule as some trade confusion has already happened. I won't make any trades official until BOTH GMs involved send me the same done deal.

Old
06-01-2013, 05:37 PM
PurpleKSubban

Have two first round picks I'd be willing to move down from, PM me.

PurpleKSubban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Jussijuice

41st and 45th Overall on the block for packages of later picks.

Get your top-50 players while you can! PM me.

Jussijuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
06-01-2013, 05:48 PM
Galchenyum
AGally+BGally

I'll start posting trades officially at 7PM EST tonight. Gives everyone another hour to come on and see this. Draft itself will likely start tomorrow.

Old
06-01-2013, 05:53 PM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

I am looking to trade a 5th round and/or 6th round pick, for a 2nd-4th round pick. PM me if any interest.

Last edited by How Ya Drouin: 06-01-2013 at 05:59 PM.
Old
06-01-2013, 05:57 PM
LatvianTwist
Global Moderator
So it goes.

Have moved up form 45th, but am still looking to move up a bit higher, possibly into the first round. PM me with any offers.

Old
06-01-2013, 06:06 PM
How Ya Drouin
12/08/13 GM GamesRIP

Are we using the same order in the prospect draft? Sorry if you've mentioned it, but I didn't see it.

Old
06-01-2013, 06:13 PM
MarkusNaslund19

Quote:

If we know what we're doing it shouldn't end up that way. But it's cool because it makes good players useful in the pool. For example, Dan Girardi is pretty useless in a straight points pool, but is good in real life. And a more advanced scoring system would reflect that. I just enjoy building real teams more than just counting points.

MarkusNaslund19 is offline   Reply With Quote