HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > Fantasy Hockey Talk > EA Sports NHL
EA Sports NHL Discussion forum for EA Sports NHL video games.

HF Summer League v3 (360): OFFSEASON Schedule # 775; CGY, TBL, NYI available

Old
05-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Jack de la Hoya

vCash: 500
HF Summer League v3 (360): OFFSEASON Schedule # 775; CGY, TBL, NYI available

HF Summer League (360)

General and Game Play Rules:
Quote:
- The Basics: This is a hybrid GM Connected league (All Star, Normal, 6 min. periods, Injuries On, Waivers off). It runs on a three-day advance schedule, and we will simulate every other playable block in order to get through as many seasons as possible.
Link to League Chatzy (PM Chuckwoods for Password)

- League announcements, advance schedules, any potential or actual rule changes will all be announced in this thread and updated in the opening posts. I tend to also send reminders via mass Xbox live messages, but the league works best when users check these boards at least once every few days (and preferably more often).

- Scheduling your games: Every GM is expected to contact their opponents at the start of each new block in an effort to find a common time to play. Use the HF private message feature. You may also use Xbox Live messaging, but HF is required.

- Every GM must set their teams to be CPU Playable. Active players should get the overwhelming majority of their games in versus human competition. If you notice that a GM/team is consistently difficult to get in touch with, please bring it to my attention. You may only play someone’s CPU two hours prior to a scheduled advance and only if you have made a reasonable, timely effort to schedule the game in advance. If you have not done so, the game will be simmed one the advance. If you believe someone has played your CPU in error, please let me know.

- Because some games will be played against the CPU, this league will not accept a CPU DNF higher than 0%. Accidental disconnects happen, and if need be, you can leave and reenter the league to reset your rating, but consistent drops against the CPU will be viewed with suspicion, and can be grounds for being kicked from the league.

- No goalie may play in more than 75 regular season games. It is your responsibility to ensure that your backup(s) get work in early, and long-term absence will not be considered a valid excuse. The penalties for non-compliance are--1) a playoff suspension of one-game per game over 75, and 2) (Possibly) restrictions on free agency.

- On Game Play: Respect your opponent and keep it fun. This is, after all, just a video game. Competition is expected, but do not exploit the game’s glitches. Variety and creativity in game play are appreciated by all, and tends to make for a better league that improves the skill of all of its players. Repetitive use of the same move(s), however effective they may be, make for dull and annoying gameplay. Aside from “ragging” the puck to waste the clock, nothing is specifically and universally prohibited, but all users are expected to mix up their game play. If you have a complaint about another user, please direct it to me in private (if it is about me, feel free to direct it to ChuckWoods, or one of the other active, veteran players). Most of the time, a friendly reminder is sufficient to address the situation, but if there are repeated complaints from multiple users about a player, more drastic actions can be taken. Please confine complaints about game play to private messages; they have no place in the thread.

Three points worth underlining:
1) Do not dive in the offensive zone. Just. Don't. Do. It.
2) Don't exploit the game's glitches. That doesn't mean you can't go backhand-forehand, but no one should rely on that. It doesn't mean that you can't pokecheck, but don't "spam" the RB. Both of those are common complaints--and I suspect that they are never going away.

That said, there is one tactic that I've seen a lot of, and that I've gotten a lot of complaints on--attacking and ragging while on the penalty kill. If you cause a turnover, then you can obviously attack. If you are losing late in the game, then you can obviously attack. Otherwise, if you took the penalty, kill the penalty. That means clearing the puck down the ice, not "figure-skating" around to waste time, and not taking advantage of the AI glitch in Powerplay strategies by endlessly cycling in the offensive zone.

The goal is to root out some of the other tactics (RB spamming, stick-lift spamming) by making PPs and PKs meaningful. It is a lot easier to make a rule for playing the PK than it is to decide how many poke checks is excessive. It is not designed to reduce legitimate scoring chances that come while being shorthanded.

3) Ice time. While "normal" takes care of the worst exploits (defenseman playing 50:00 minutes), you should still be using your three forward lines at minimum. Forwards should not regularly get 30 minutes a game . Defenseman should not regularly get 35:00+. Obviously this will happen from time to time, particularly in games with a lot of powerplays. It is also difficult to monitor on a macro-level in a hybrid league because of the simulated games, but if you see outrageous ice-times on your opponents box score, please make me aware of it. I'll ask the player to be more cognizant of their use of stars. If it becomes a pattern, an announcement will be made in thread, and, if necessary, a player might have harsher restrictions put on their best players. I don't want to do that; it's annoying for all involved. So please just make an honest effort to cycle through your top three lines and throw your third pair out at least once a period. That should take care of most problems.
- Disconnects. They happen. Users are expected to restore the score / game situation to match that when the d/c occured, and continue from there.
Roster, Free Agency, and Trading Rules
Quote:
- Trades: Teams are limited to three (3) trades each season. Trades can include no more than four (4) total roster players (defined by their ascribed role in the game) and six (6) total assets (draft picks and prospects). If necessary, one or two useless AHL players can be added to a deal to keep both teams under 50 total contracts, but these players cannot hold any value.

- Franchise Players: Each team must select three franchise players, and designate them accordingly on their roster and trade block. These players cannot be traded. At the beginning of each season (after free agency and player progression), GMs may swap one player out for a new player, making one of the former franchise players tradeable, but any change must take place prior to the start of the season. While GMs have flexibility to choose their three players (it need not be the three highest overall), it is expected that they will be among the team’s better players, or somewhat lesser players with high potentials. The purpose of this rule is two-fold: 1) to maintain a team’s basic identity (Pittsburgh without Crosby? Tampa Bay without Stamkos?); 2) to protect the league’s integrity and balance by assuring that team’s remain playable in case a GM opts to leave (or is removed).
List of Franchise Players
- All trades are subject to review. Trades must be be posted and confirmed in thread before I will execute them in game. This serves two purposes: 1) in case multiple trades involving the same player end up going through, I know which one is valid; 2) it gives other GMs the opportunity to raise objections about a potential deal. Vetos will be used sparingly, and only to 1) enforce the franchise rule, and 2) protect the balance and integrity of the league. While there will always be “winners” and “losers” in trades, as long as they are reasonably balanced and adhere to all other rules, they will be accepted.

- No "flipping" rule. Players cannot be traded twice in the same season.
This rule also applies to prospects, but it does not apply to draft picks.
- Free agency: In order to avoid a loop in EA’s AI, the following minimum contract lengths must be observed in all free agency offers: For players with overall ratings higher than 84, all offers must be at least 3 years; For players rated between 80 and 83, or any player with a potential of at least 3.5*, all offers must be at least 2 years. There is no minimum for players 79 or lower, or for lesser prospects.

- Trading Block and Roster – All GMs are expected to post and keep updated a trading block and roster in the appropriate thread. This will make it easier for GMs to arrange trades. These rosters should include a current list of your franchise players.

- Existing Trades: The following transactions must be executed by GMs to complete trades reflected in the roster update:
- STL 1st to CGY (Bouwmeester) [conditional on making playoffs, otherwise, 2014 1st]
- PIT 1st to CGY (Iginla)
- MIN 1st to BUF (Pominville)
- NYR 1st to CBJ (Nash)
- LAK 1st to CBJ (Carter)
- WSH 1st or Erat to NSH [no F. Forsberg]
- BOS 2nd to DAL (Jagr)
- PIT 2nd to SJS (D. Murray)
- NYI 2nd to ANA (Visnovsky)
- OTT 2nd to STL (Bishop)
- VAN 2nd to DAL (Roy)
Link to Roster and Trade Thread

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 06-01-2013 at 08:44 AM.
Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:20 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Waiting List: (Priority will be given to active veterans of other successful leagues*):

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 07-04-2013 at 03:23 PM.
Old
05-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 07-04-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old
05-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Jack de la Hoya

one more to be safe...

Old
05-11-2013, 01:35 PM
Jack de la Hoya

make it two.

Alright--for those already committed, please drop a line in here to confirm.

If you're interested in joining, leave your gamertag and preferred team.

Last edited by Jack de la Hoya: 05-11-2013 at 01:40 PM.
Old
05-11-2013, 01:36 PM
ChuckWoods

How about 3!!

Looks great Jacky!

That is A LOT of active and dedicated GMs!

ChuckWoods is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:45 PM
jonyro84

If the at any time are no longer "reserved" . I will take them

jonyro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:52 PM
Sheehan555

I have read through all of the rules and regulations.. for the the list of users, my gamertag matches my HFBoards Name.. Sheehan555.

Sheehan555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 01:53 PM
Pacalon

Lookin forward to getting started! Thanks for having me.

And for the list, my gamertag is the same as my forum name.

Pacalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 02:03 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyro84 View Post
If the at any time are no longer "reserved" . I will take them
Looks like they are yours.

Send a request in-game. Gamertag is TheJohnster84, right?

Old
05-11-2013, 02:04 PM
Oldaniii

looking forward to this league. Gamertag is Oldaniii

Oldaniii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 02:11 PM
ChuckWoods

Welcome to all of the "new" users!

You guys were the absolute most active in the league I had the luxury of playing in with you guys!

With your additions and the additions of the most active users on HFBoards, I think this thing should really play out well despite it being the Summer time!

Old
05-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Sheehan555

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
Welcome to all of the "new" users!

You guys were the absolute most active in the league I had the luxury of playing in with you guys!

With your additions and the additions of the most active users on HFBoards, I think this thing should really play out well despite it being the Summer time!
Definitely can agree with that.. this'll be a lot of fun.

Sheehan555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 02:23 PM
capitalsfilopce

Send a message via Skype™ to capitalsfilopce
Can i get Winnipeg Jets ? my gamertag is cactusen!

capitalsfilopce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 02:25 PM
ChuckWoods

Quote:
Originally Posted by capitalsfilopce View Post
I see that you're from Sweden! Welcome! lol

What time are you usually on to play games? Eastern?

Old
05-11-2013, 02:36 PM
capitalsfilopce

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckWoods View Post
I see that you're from Sweden! Welcome! lol

What time are you usually on to play games? Eastern?
Haha Thanks man, yeah not a lot of peps playing GM Connected in Sweden..hmm friday to sunday im available all the time. from monday to thursday i'm available from like i'm not good at time zone and stuff but like from 11.30 to 6.30

Old
05-11-2013, 02:37 PM
ChuckWoods

Also, I gotta love when EA sports starts the Leafs off in a tight situation!

Cannot call up any players from the AHL due to the Leafs being at the roster limit, but cannot send anyone down because the Leafs are at the Cap floor to begin with!

Old
05-11-2013, 02:40 PM
Lockitude
Rookie User

Long time lurker here--is Tampa Bay taken yet? If so, I'd like to join as them!
GT is Lockie7777

Lockitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 02:43 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Quote:
Quote:
Haha Thanks man, yeah not a lot of peps playing GM Connected in Sweden..hmm friday to sunday im available all the time. from monday to thursday i'm available from like i'm not good at time zone and stuff but like from 11.30 to 6.30
Should be fine. As long as you send your opponents a message, it generally isn't very difficult to schedule games. If it becomes a problem, we'll figure something out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockitude View Post
Long time lurker here--is Tampa Bay taken yet? If so, I'd like to join as them!
GT is Lockie7777
Welcome aboard.

Send requests in game.

Old
05-11-2013, 02:46 PM
capitalsfilopce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Should be fine. As long as you send your opponents a message, it generally isn't very difficult to schedule games. If it becomes a problem, we'll figure something out.

Welcome aboard.

Send requests in game.
Yup thanks man!

Old
05-11-2013, 03:03 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Alright, everyone who has sent a join request has been accepted.

It goes without saying, but do not play any CPU games at this point. If you want to begin playing each other, that's fine, but the clock on the advance won't start until the league is full.

At some point, head on over to the Roster and Trading thread and post your roster, trade bait, needs, etc. Be sure to designate your three franchise players. I'll then link it to the appropriate table.

Old
05-11-2013, 03:31 PM
PasswordIsTaco
2012 & 2014

vCash: 200
confirming they are joining the league, will send join request tomorrow evening.

PasswordIsTaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 03:43 PM
ishbob

here.

ishbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 03:50 PM
jonyro84

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Looks like they are yours.

Send a request in-game. Gamertag is TheJohnster84, right?
Yea, send request shortly

jonyro84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-11-2013, 04:04 PM
Baertschi47

Hey guys!

Calgary Flames GM here. Looking forward to this, should be fun!
Gamertag: kungle jerm
I'll send join request ASAP.

Baertschi47 is offline   Reply With Quote