HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
National Hockey League Talk Discuss NHL players, teams, games, and the Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Eastern Semifinal: (1) Pittsburgh Penguins vs. (7) Ottawa Senators

View Poll Results: Who wins the series in how many games?
Penguins in 4 28 2.88%
Penguins in 5 117 12.05%
Penguins in 6 286 29.45%
Penguins in 7 90 9.27%
Senators in 4 21 2.16%
Senators in 5 36 3.71%
Senators in 6 237 24.41%
Senators in 7 156 16.07%
Voters: 971. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2013, 04:28 PM
park rangers
Optimist

vCash: 500
I'm gonna say Pens in 5, as they return to dominant form and quickly become the Cup favorites again.

edit*---after some thought, gonna change my pick to Sens in 6 as Pens defense falters in a nasty, high scoring series.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:31 PM
NyQuil
Can't Play Defence

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Yawk Ranguhs View Post
I'm gonna say Pens in 5, as they return to dominant form and quickly become the Cup favorites again.

edit*---after some thought, gonna change my pick to Sens in 6 as Pens defense falters in a nasty, high scoring series.
That's quite the reversal

Old
05-14-2013, 04:31 PM
Dellstrom
Pastrnasty

vCash: 1150
Take Nabokov out of that series and the Islanders might take it.

Anderson is nooo ****ing Nabokov. Gonna say Sens in 7 but that's coming a lot more from the heart than it is the brain. I was all ready to hop on the Sens bandwagon, luckily I don't have to. Definitely rooting for them. Should be a great series. Can't see it going fewer than 6 or 7.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:35 PM
Harbinger
Lose control.

The only thing I don't like about this series is the fact it's on CBC. The last time these two teams played a series, CBC pretty much ignored Ottawa.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:38 PM
sens613

Quote:
Originally Posted by Push540 View Post
Doing it to a guy with a busted jaw is cowardly. Yes push and shoving will happen but facewash a guy with a busted face? That would get my ire up in a HURRY! I would drill a guy who tried that one of my team mates.

I guess we have different opinions of what's ok and what's over the line. No matter, I doubt you could wash a face behind that cage anyway.
If your cleared to play and go into the opposing teams crease you should be treated the same as everyone else. Any player expecting to be treated differently and allowed to iniate without consequences , is in fact cowardly.

I will agree if there is no shoving and someone starts something with Sid by going after his face when he was not involved in anything would be cowardly though. But hang out in the crease get treated like everyone else.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:41 PM
Rhino Reilly
Gettn Wiggy wit it

Send a message via Skype™ to Rhino Reilly
This guy is coming to get you, Penguins!!!

Old
05-14-2013, 04:44 PM
AccuracyFive
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens613 View Post
If your cleared to play and go into the opposing teams crease you should be treated the same as everyone else. Any player expecting to be treated differently and allowed to iniate without consequences , is in fact cowardly.

I will agree if there is no shoving and someone starts something with Sid by going after his face when he was not involved in anything would be cowardly though. But hang out in the crease get treated like everyone else.
Again, Sid has been targeted his entire life. He will continue to drive the net and continue to receive the teams best defense man right up in his face. But if the opposition starts going after his face intentionally hoping he will re-injure himself, then that's one of the most cowardly things you could do. As much as I hate Philly, I would never wish a injury upon Giroux. He is an amazing player and I absolutely hate his guts but doesn't mean I wish my team would intentionally go after him to try and injure him. I sure hope that doesn't happen to Sid's face, Geno's shoulder, Karlsson's leg or anyone for that matter.

Hoping for a clean, hard-fought series. Good Luck Sens!

Old
05-14-2013, 04:46 PM
toewsintangibles

I have the feeling the Pens are about to exposed once more

Old
05-14-2013, 04:47 PM
sens613

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinfulCobraZ View Post
Again, Sid has been targeted his entire life. He will continue to drive the net and continue to receive the teams best defense man right up in his face. But if the opposition starts going after his face intentionally hoping he will re-injure himself, then that's one of the most cowardly things you could do. As much as I hate Philly, I would never wish a injury upon Giroux. He is an amazing player and I absolutely hate his guts but doesn't mean I wish my team would intentionally go after him to try and injure him. I sure hope that doesn't happen to Sid's face, Geno's shoulder, Karlsson's leg or anyone for that matter.

Hoping for a clean, hard-fought series. Good Luck Sens!
I would not condone anyone going after his face , but say someone is hacking at andersson or what have you , whether its cooke or crosby , i would expect the same reaction , getting him out of there as fast as possible , which usually means the hands come up high. I do not want any sens dman playing him differently cause they are worried about hurting him. I feel ottawas strength is being physical and do not think injured players should get special treatment , thats all.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Random Oracle

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
This guy is coming to get you, Penguins!!!

"Most likely to eat a grape without opening his mouth."

Old
05-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Milan the God*
king karlsson

Quote:

and to be fair, I expect that if Spezza returns for Game 3 (been out since January with back problems) he'll get loads of cross checks to the back if he stands in front of the net.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:50 PM
AccuracyFive
87SidGeno71

Quote:
I would not condone anyone going after his face , but say someone is hacking at andersson or what have you , whether its cooke or crosby , i would expect the same reaction , getting him out of there as fast as possible , which usually means the hands come up high. I do not want any sens dman playing him differently cause they are worried about hurting him. I feel ottawas strength is being physical and do not think injured players should get special treatment , thats all.
Oh that I definitely agree with. If you are out on the ice, and doctors have cleared you to play, then you should go out knowing things can happen and the opposition is looking to win, not to comfort you out there on the ice by giving you special treatment because you are injure.d All injured players go out on the ice knowing the risks. Hopefully, nothing is done intentionally though. I am scared Ottawa may send Neil out not only to protect Karlsson but to injure Sid and take him out of the equation.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:50 PM
alcanalz
whys and wherefores

vCash: 560
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dellstrom View Post
Take Nabokov out of that series and the Islanders might take it.

Anderson is nooo ****ing Nabokov. Gonna say Sens in 7 but that's coming a lot more from the heart than it is the brain. I was all ready to hop on the Sens bandwagon, luckily I don't have to. Definitely rooting for them. Should be a great series. Can't see it going fewer than 6 or 7.
Look, the Sens very may well win, hell they may very well sweep the Sens... but I've seen that Nabokov statement tossed around so much around here.

You know who else wasn't good enough? Fleury.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:51 PM
Fordy
the kid signify

I mean they can facewash Crosby if they want. His jaw is healed, it's not gonna hurt. Also it might be kind of impossible with that thing on.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:53 PM
AccuracyFive
87SidGeno71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordy View Post
I mean they can facewash Crosby if they want. His jaw is healed, it's not gonna hurt. Also it might be kind of impossible with that thing on.
It'd be hilarious to see a Sens player just skating along with Crosby, his arm stretched over his shoulder as his hand is stuck in Sid's cage.

Old
05-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Chairman Maouth
Global Moderator

vCash: 20000
GDT open.

Closed Thread