Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Anaheim Ducks
Notices

GDT: WCQF Game 7 | Detroit @ Anaheim | 7 PM PT | RDS, TSN, NBCSN, FS-W

Old
05-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Getz2perry

vCash: 500
Also so i dont sound so negative

Palmeiri Etem and bonino grew up right before our eyes and had amazing series, they are going to be key parts to the team next year and i think all 3 of them are ready to take on bigger roles. Etem showed a lot to me, honestly i feel like he has future captain written all over him.

Getz2perry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:14 AM
Selanne138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
Kinda a depressing series, redwings were the 1 team in the west i didnt want to play, they played a good series and advanced to the next round.
The negatives:
- Our undisciplined penalties killed us, the souray slash, selannes 2x cheap shots. I think the wings scored 3 goals of dumb penalties the ducks took, that cant happen that is a leader ship and a coaching issue that needs to be addressed.

- BB didnt make the changes to counter babcocks changes, we just let the redwings sit in front of our net and get trashy goals all series long... as a coaching staff you have to realize what they are doing and counter that and i didnt see any kind of change for it.

- Getzlaf in the face off circle, he had a good series but your number 1 center cannot go 30 percent in the circle over a 7 game span, why? you give players like datysuk and zetterberg the puck and they will effectivly kill that whole shift for getz perry and ryan, they should have taken getzlaf out of the circle for face offs and had koivu take his faces offs and go to the bench.

- Most of the team played to detroits hand, we should have been all over their defense, their defense is not that good and we should have exploited it and wore it down, instead we decided not to hit very much(exceptiosn being belesky, sbisa, etem, cogliano)

- One of the most disappointing things i saw in the series was after the team lost and perry was down, and etem came over and patted him on the back... i know perry plays with all his heart but he needed to be a leader for the younger guys, etem shouldnt have been encouraging perry it shoud have been the other way around.

Souray is awful... easily the worst defensemen for us in the series i hope we can get rid of him.

And in all honesty selanne needs to retire, hes not the same player he once was and he is kinda grumpy taking dumb penalties when you should be one of the veteran leaders, completely unacceptable.
Agree with pretty much everything here, except for the Perry comment, I think thats one criticism he doesnt deserve. No one wants to be that guy more than Corey Perry and no one would be harder on him than himself. Im guessing that was really all Etem could do because Perry looked distraught.

Selanne138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:24 AM
rollingdux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selanne138 View Post
Agree with pretty much everything here, except for the Perry comment, I think thats one criticism he doesnt deserve. No one wants to be that guy more than Corey Perry and no one would be harder on him than himself. Im guessing that was really all Etem could do because Perry looked distraught.
I agree with that critique. Etem played a great game and had a good series and he knows it. He should be proud of himself. But for Perry this one hurt him. Perry is a competitor. No one is going to be harder on him than himself. He knows he's a big reason for the series turning out the way it did.

I'm glad we saw that Perry moment. It's no secret that Perry is an emotional guy and each guy deals with it in their own way. Some can hold on till they're in the locker room. That moment with him on the ice to me is more of Perry being disappointed in himself and as a leader he knows he let this team down.

rollingdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Getz2perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by rollingdux View Post
I agree with that critique. Etem played a great game and had a good series and he knows it. He should be proud of himself. But for Perry this one hurt him. Perry is a competitor. No one is going to be harder on him than himself. He knows he's a big reason for the series turning out the way it did.

I'm glad we saw that Perry moment. It's no secret that Perry is an emotional guy and each guy deals with it in their own way. Some can hold on till they're in the locker room. That moment with him on the ice to me is more of Perry being disappointed in himself and as a leader he knows he let this team down.
I just felt perry is a leader in the locker room and with all the younger guys really needed to step up and be that guy for the younger guys... i was surprised by how mature our younger guys were during the situation.

Getz2perry is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 09:40 AM
rollingdux

Quote:
Originally Posted by Getz2perry View Post
I just felt perry is a leader in the locker room and with all the younger guys really needed to step up and be that guy for the younger guys... i was surprised by how mature our younger guys were during the situation.
I think your making too much of that.

I'm happy they are showing maturity but I also think it was due to their play. Once this loss passes (like Etem said) they'll look back and be proud of what they were able to do. Guys like Perry, Ryan, Selanne, Winnik, Beauch, Koivu are going to be hurting more because they are leaders and know they could have played better and could have been the difference makers. That is also a good thing for the young guns to see.

rollingdux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:28 AM
Mehar

Not to pin it on two guys but if the Ducks could have gotten any solid contributions from Ryan and Perry, there is no reason why they should not have beaten the Wings. Was looking forward to an All-California series involving Anaheim, but we will still be getting one anyways now with the Sharks-Kings in Round 2.

Mehar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:39 AM
Bisha

Saw this coming months ago. The tinkering and tinkering with guys, just does not work come playoff time.

Out coached from game two where babs made his adjustments and of course...the ducks roll the same tired lineup out there.

Never seen so many side wall and bad angle shots...ever! Know why, the swiss cheese wall was in net. He wasn't horrible, but at this time of the year, you gotta make some big saves. Crawford, Quick and now Howard all give that too their teams. Not all on him, but I'm pretty sure no duck fan feels like a king fan when they look at their goaile.

Mid season moves that made zero and I mean ZERO sense. Dvorak, Lombardi and steckel may as well been smith-pelly, holland and moroon. And wasn't steckel brought here to win faceoffs?

Big boys didn't have their big boy pants on in this series and zetterberg and datsuk killed them! That weak goal in game six by datsuk was the end of this series. Short side from the half wall, up into the middle of the net.

I'm not sure the organization even knows where to go from here, but hey, they got 4 playoff gates too help pay for perry and getz's oversized contracts.

Temmu, everyone respects and adores you, but its time to hang em up. What's worse is the bad penalties he took during the series.
Hey maybe Etem will start the season next year with the team! Hard to believe they had him in norfolk. I guess he had too pay his "dues" and maybe that is why, even when down by a goal or two, belesky gets second unit pp time over him...huh?

Winnik, awesome first ten games. Wasn't he sold as a shut down third line guy? I guess datsuk did not get that memo.

Well...great year fans and look forward too the same next year. Good regular season with lots of mystery moves and an early exit when the men come out too play.

Bisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 10:53 AM
NEWFowler
hi

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bisha View Post

Mid season moves that made zero and I mean ZERO sense. Dvorak, Lombardi and steckel may as well been smith-pelly, holland and moroon. And wasn't steckel brought here to win faceoffs?
Steckel was terrific. I don't know what series you were watching.

NEWFowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 12:27 PM
tANNERRRR54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newfie9 View Post
Steckel was terrific. I don't know what series you were watching.
This. Etem-Steckel-Palmieri made a hell of a 4th line.

tANNERRRR54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 01:00 PM
Exit Dose

Didn't Dvorak helped us out while Beleskey was injured, or am I misremembering the timing?

Lombardi was a low risk, high reward move that didn't pan out. If he'd had chemistry with someone no one would be complaining about it.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

vCash: 633
I thought when Perry was kneeing on the ice in disappointment and Etem came over and helped him up, that was awesome, Etem is going to be a star.

Ducks Nation* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 01:21 PM
soya_sauce_chicken

i haven't posted in the Ducks board in a looooooong time
Knew we would lose the 7th game when we couldn't get it done in the 6th
I actually stopped watching in the first period of the 7th when Bertuzzi slashed Perrys stick so there wouldn't be an offside call right in front of the ref.
Just wished BB would have used Selanne in the first PP unit instead of keeping him in the 2nd for this final game.

soya_sauce_chicken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 01:35 PM
Ducks Nation*
#ReleaseTheDucklings

vCash: 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by soya_sauce_chicken View Post
i haven't posted in the Ducks board in a looooooong time
Knew we would lose the 7th game when we couldn't get it done in the 6th
I actually stopped watching in the first period of the 7th when Bertuzzi slashed Perrys stick so there wouldn't be an offside call right in front of the ref.
Just wished BB would have used Selanne in the first PP unit instead of keeping him in the 2nd for this final game.
After he took the worst penalty at the worst time, I didn't even want to see him at the ice after that.

Ducks Nation* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 03:34 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

I wanted to wait a bit before I came to the boards... but I'm still sad

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 03:56 PM
Yemeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckaroosky View Post
I wanted to wait a bit before I came to the boards... but I'm still sad
I just watched the recording .

The home game felt more than a road game, as if the Wings had much more energy.

The Wings deserved to win this game seven and it hurts me to write it as I feel just as the team did not have enough in them (not to mention stupid mistakes like Selannes "cross check" penalty, this should not happen to a veteran player in game seven and letting the Wings player pull out their picnic blanket in front of Hiller).

You could always see that Etem is a hard worker, but now he started to use his assets in a smart way, great series for him, one of the best players in this series for the Ducks...

Doubt the Wings defence will have a nice time when playing against the much tougher team of LA, but I thought they would have it harder against the Ducks too...

Yemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
05-13-2013, 04:59 PM
duckaroosky
So sayeth Duckthulu

I'm in a glass case of emotion

duckaroosky is offline   Reply With Quote