HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bernier trade in offseason?

Closed Thread

Old
05-26-2013, 05:34 PM
apadilla

vCash: 500
smid and a 2nd is intriguing, but i don't think the kings will trade bernier to another western conference team, they will be wanting to send him east, far east,

Old
05-26-2013, 05:55 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by apadilla View Post
smid and a 2nd is intriguing, but i don't think the kings will trade bernier to another western conference team, they will be wanting to send him east, far east,
i dont see a trade with us and edmonton unless it included magnus Paajarvi coming back to the kings. I dont see emonton tradeing smid after just signing him Also i would rather not add that much salary. I agree with you thinking jb will go east. I dont want to have him come back and haunt us 6 games a year.

Old
05-26-2013, 06:20 PM
apadilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingCanadain1976 View Post
i dont see a trade with us and edmonton unless it included magnus Paajarvi coming back to the kings. I dont see emonton tradeing smid after just signing him Also i would rather not add that much salary. I agree with you thinking jb will go east. I dont want to have him come back and haunt us 6 games a year.
Paajarvi might just allow for an exception to the far east rule, as he is a great talent and the Kings would have to seriously consider this, i.e. having great talent 80 games a year vs. seeing jb 6 times a year,

Old
05-26-2013, 06:34 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Paajarvi might just allow for an exception to the far east rule, as he is a great talent and the Kings would have to seriously consider this, i.e. having great talent 80 games a year vs. seeing jb 6 times a year,
i agree they would have to consider it but i think we can get him without tradeing jb. I put up a king and 4th for magnus they seemed interested. King would be tradeable to me with pearson coming and magnus and it would be doable cap wise.

Old
05-26-2013, 06:38 PM
apadilla

by a king and a 4th for paajarvi, do you mean dwight king and a 4th?

Old
05-26-2013, 06:43 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
by a king and a 4th for paajarvi, do you mean dwight king and a 4th?
yes he saw king playing 2nd line mins that has size.

Old
05-26-2013, 07:57 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

I think the potential destinations for Bernier will be the following:

New York Islanders
New Jersey Devils
Philadelphia Flyers
Florida Panthers (Markstrom struggled big time this season)
Calgary Flames
Edmonton Oilers

The above teams don't have an established #1 going into next season. The Islanders have Nabokov but he fell apart in the playoffs as he usually does and he isn't a long term solution. Dubnyk for the Oilers has been good in spurts but may not be a long term options for the Oilers.

Markstrom showed that he isn't ready to be a starter yet, the Flyers may or may not start the season with Bryzgalov and Mason, and the Flames have nobody to step in to replace Kiprusoff who is rumored to be have appeared in his last game in the NHL.

I believe that one of the six listed teams will be where Bernier will end up in late June.

Old
05-26-2013, 08:03 PM
takk

I think Pittsburgh management should take a look at him as well. They can't trust Fleury and Vokoun won't be able to keep his play. Trade Fleury to a desperate team, and lock Bernier for something around 3.5 - 3.75.

Old
05-26-2013, 10:34 PM
Malkinstheman

Quote:
Originally Posted by takk View Post
I think Pittsburgh management should take a look at him as well. They can't trust Fleury and Vokoun won't be able to keep his play. Trade Fleury to a desperate team, and lock Bernier for something around 3.5 - 3.75.
Was just about to post this. What do you guys want for him

Old
05-26-2013, 10:54 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkinstheman View Post
Was just about to post this. What do you guys want for him
i cant see a trade between us as you dont have a 1st this year or a lw with top potential best i can suggest is 2nd in 13 ( if u have one) 1st in 14 and 2nd in 15 if then im not sure it makes any sence for la this would replace what we gave up for regher

Old
05-26-2013, 11:23 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
i cant see a trade between us as you dont have a 1st this year or a lw with top potential best i can suggest is 2nd in 13 ( if u have one) 1st in 14 and 2nd in 15 if then im not sure it makes any sence for la this would replace what we gave up for regher
I wouldn't mind (D) Simon Despres, or (C) Brandon Sutter or (RW) Beau Bennett...but the Kings need a LW. I think DL will get a LW in a deal for Bernier...and I am still hopeful of getting Holloway back. Holloway is a helluva lot better than Dwight King at every facet of the game and should take his place; be it the second or third line.

Linden Vey and even Nick Shore may be close. Fraser should be gone for sure. Not sure if either of them is an answer for 4th line next year, though.

Old
05-26-2013, 11:33 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
I wouldn't mind (D) Simon Despres, or (C) Brandon Sutter or (RW) Beau Bennett...but the Kings need a LW. I think DL will get a LW in a deal for Bernier...and I am still hopeful of getting Holloway back. Holloway is a helluva lot better than Dwight King at every facet of the game and should take his place; be it the second or third line.

Linden Vey and even Nick Shore may be close. Fraser should be gone for sure. Not sure if either of them is an answer for 4th line next year, though.
We have to many dman as it is and i dont see despres as a upgrade on any of them. Sutter is a nice young player developing but we have to many centers as is. Your not going to get bennett hes there toffoli and we have toffoli coming on the right side.

dwight king is two inches taller and 40 lbs heavier this will keep him in the lineup of hollaway sadly not going to happen.

pittsburgh doesnt have what we need sorry

Old
05-26-2013, 11:52 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
We have to many dman as it is and i dont see despres as a upgrade on any of them. Sutter is a nice young player developing but we have to many centers as is. Your not going to get bennett hes there toffoli and we have toffoli coming on the right side.

dwight king is two inches taller and 40 lbs heavier this will keep him in the lineup of hollaway sadly not going to happen.

pittsburgh doesnt have what we need sorry
I agree. DL should do well here. I am glad he didn't deal Bernier last trade deadline...I was hearing his name as part of the Columbus deal for Carter
and glad that didn't happen, as Bernier hadn't proven much at that time and
now has demonstrated he has the tools and game to be a #1 goalie. His value should be good enough to get a good return and I wish him all the best.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:34 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

If we bring in another Dman we will move Martinez and or Ellerby so it isn't out of the question or we could bring back a replacement for Scuds/RR etc.

Old
05-27-2013, 12:40 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
If we bring in another Dman we will move Martinez and or Ellerby so it isn't out of the question or we could bring back a replacement for Scuds/RR etc.
to be honest if we decide to move a defense id like to try to move muzzin for read something philly fans seemed interested in

Old
05-27-2013, 12:53 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
to be honest if we decide to move a defense id like to try to move muzzin for read something philly fans seemed interested in
I would rather move Ellerby but either way I think if we could get Read back and pick up another SAH D as part of the JB deal it could be a real coup for us.

Old
05-27-2013, 01:02 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
I would rather move Ellerby but either way I think if we could get Read back and pick up another SAH D as part of the JB deal it could be a real coup for us.
if we could get read for ellerby sure but we cant. we got to give to get. imo we need a lw more then another defenseman. As you know we have plenty of defense coming we need to improve our lw spot easly the weekest spot on the team.

Old
05-27-2013, 09:25 AM
HolyShot*
Sniper

Trade him for any other team's 1st round pick this coming offseason.

U guys r on crack insinuating regehr and scuds can't do it defensively. Guys are solid. We need a legit 1st liner.

Last edited by HolyShot*: 05-27-2013 at 09:41 AM.
Old
05-27-2013, 11:06 AM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
if we could get read for ellerby sure but we cant. we got to give to get. imo we need a lw more then another defenseman. As you know we have plenty of defense coming we need to improve our lw spot easly the weekest spot on the team.
Of course we couldn't move Ellerby as the only piece in any deal where we expected Read as the return. Muzzin for Read would still take a little more to get done too.

Old
05-27-2013, 11:20 AM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Of course we couldn't move Ellerby as the only piece in any deal where we expected Read as the return. Muzzin for Read would still take a little more to get done too.
I honestly dont think we would need to add alot. Maybe something like a 3rd or 4th or a b prospect like kozan moller halloway *( prospects that have no shot in la)

Old
05-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Omni Owl

Forgot about the Oilers, who have a ton of good forward prospects we could get for Bernier. Florida too. I still think the Isles would make the best partners though....

Old
05-27-2013, 11:56 AM
Cook24

Send a message via AIM to Cook24
It'll be Bernier to Philly for Read. Just got a feeling.

Old
05-28-2013, 12:12 PM
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cook24 View Post
It'll be Bernier to Philly for Read. Just got a feeling.
Not saying it won't happen, but I don't believe it.

Philly has said they won't likely be buying out Bryz, and they signed Mason for next year as well. I'd imagine they'd give Bryz one more chance and then if that fails, they'd go to Mason and give him a shot. Bernier seems like a 2014-2015 option to them, which would likely be to late as I'd assume Bernier would be dealt by then.

Old
05-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Lososaurus

Lundqvist doesn't re-sign with the Rangers and the Kings send Bernier to the Rangers for a handful of picks?

Old
05-28-2013, 01:14 PM
The Tikkanen
Pest

Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
There is going to be some serious musical chairs at goalie this offseason. The Kings may want to move Bernier but by the time a deal gets started he may not have a team to go to. I don't think Vancouver is going to wait long to trade Luongo and he'll have to go to the East.

Closed Thread