HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Bernier trade in offseason?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-07-2013, 12:27 PM
  #501
Mats26
Cup Champs
 
Mats26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 492
vCash: 500
If Bobrovsky dosn't sign with CBL and heads for Russia(highly unlikely though) I see us getting our first round pick back and Bernier dealt to CBL.

Mats26 is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 12:34 PM
  #502
deeshamrock
Registered User
 
deeshamrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 2,443
vCash: 500
Quote:
If Bobrovsky dosn't sign with CBL and heads for Russia(highly unlikely though) I see us getting our first round pick back and Bernier dealt to CBL.
As a matter of fact, there is an article today which has quotes from Bob saying he /his agent are talking to boththe CBJ and the KHl. KHL reportedly offered him 10 mill a year.
I think he wants to stay in the NHL and I'm sure the CBJ know that's he using this as a negotiation ploy. I love Bob, saw enough raw talent in his rookie year as a Flyer and this year to see he is the real deal and has a bright future.
But he's not worth that kind of money.
I don't think CBJ should go higher than 4 mill given he's yet to give them a full season or a playoff run. Realistically , a 3 year deal to let him prove himself .
But the other side of that is him calling their bluff and going KHL.
In which case, I think they would flip one of their 3 1st round picks to get a goalie, Bernier being one of ones available. Emery, Miller, and Luongo are out there too.


http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...s-and-khl-team

deeshamrock is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 02:24 PM
  #503
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
As a matter of fact, there is an article today which has quotes from Bob saying he /his agent are talking to boththe CBJ and the KHl. KHL reportedly offered him 10 mill a year.
I think he wants to stay in the NHL and I'm sure the CBJ know that's he using this as a negotiation ploy. I love Bob, saw enough raw talent in his rookie year as a Flyer and this year to see he is the real deal and has a bright future.
But he's not worth that kind of money.
I don't think CBJ should go higher than 4 mill given he's yet to give them a full season or a playoff run. Realistically , a 3 year deal to let him prove himself .
But the other side of that is him calling their bluff and going KHL.
In which case, I think they would flip one of their 3 1st round picks to get a goalie, Bernier being one of ones available. Emery, Miller, and Luongo are out there too.


http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...s-and-khl-team
Nothing on Bob but I can say that the pay structure in the KHL is entirely different than in the NHL and by that I mean in how much the teams must pay of the contracts that they sign. Every players contract has a clause in it that allows for his team to make "installment" payments that are based on a players ability to perform.

Now that is some language right there. The KHL offers that NHL players typically receive end up being guaranteed for all or most of the money and is paid in advance often too.

The times I have spent around the KHL and its players have been very enlightening. Not a great league to be a player in though the quality of product on ice is very good. The SEL feels allot like going to NHL games in some ways. They are pretty straight up.

etherialone is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 10:49 PM
  #504
jfont
Registered User
 
jfont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 15,344
vCash: 500
Awards:
Flip bernier for simmonds this summer

__________________
Due to budget cuts, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off
jfont is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 11:02 PM
  #505
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!
 
agentfouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Country: Ireland
Posts: 2,360
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont View Post
Flip bernier for simmonds this summer
I would be so happy that I would *literally* **** rainbows.

agentfouser is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 11:08 PM
  #506
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont View Post
Flip bernier for simmonds this summer
Would love to get Simmonds back but that's not going to happen (unfortunately). Time for Futa and Yannetti to work the coalmine and find another gem like Simmonds.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 11:12 PM
  #507
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Would love to get Simmonds back but that's not going to happen (unfortunately). Time for Futa and Yannetti to work the coalmine and find another gem like Simmonds.
JB for Read (part of a package of things) would make me happy. Sure Read isn't Simmonds but he is a good and solid top 6er who can play all 3 positions and is 100% compete.

Can't get Simmonds, Read would be a solid add.

etherialone is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 11:40 PM
  #508
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
JB for Read (part of a package of things) would make me happy. Sure Read isn't Simmonds but he is a good and solid top 6er who can play all 3 positions and is 100% compete.

Can't get Simmonds, Read would be a solid add.
It helps that Read can play both LW and RW. Though he's smallish, he can produce and add speed from the wing, which the Kings are sorely lacking in their top six (outside of Jeff Carter, whenever he is playing wing).

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 11:43 PM
  #509
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Would love to get Simmonds back but that's not going to happen (unfortunately). Time for Futa and Yannetti to work the coalmine and find another gem like Simmonds.
Simmonds is a product of the flyers system. Wouldn't want him back.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 11:49 PM
  #510
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 30,925
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Simmonds is a product of the flyers system. Wouldn't want him back.
His numbers may be, but he was just as much of an impact player on the Kings. Unfortunately he was restrained exclusively to checking line duties on a line with Handzus under Terry Murray's coaching. I think he eventually would have evolved through more experience and with more ice time, and he's done just that in Philly.

Regardless, no regrets with that trade. It's just an indication of how tough it is to find players like Simmonds who can be physically imposing and can put the puck in the net (granted I am well aware that most of Simmonds' goals come from around the goal mouth, which is what the Kings could use some of when they're on the PP).

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
06-07-2013, 11:52 PM
  #511
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,029
vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Simmonds is a product of the flyers system. Wouldn't want him back.
Tainted past participle, past tense of taint (Verb)

1. Contaminate or pollute (something).
2. Affect with a bad or undesirable quality: "his administration was tainted by scandal".


Reclamation Project is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 12:16 AM
  #512
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,319
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
His numbers may be, but he was just as much of an impact player on the Kings. Unfortunately he was restrained exclusively to checking line duties on a line with Handzus under Terry Murray's coaching. I think he eventually would have evolved through more experience and with more ice time, and he's done just that in Philly.

Regardless, no regrets with that trade. It's just an indication of how tough it is to find players like Simmonds who can be physically imposing and can put the puck in the net (granted I am well aware that most of Simmonds' goals come from around the goal mouth, which is what the Kings could use some of when they're on the PP).
I don't know, I would trade him for below market value. His lower body is very weak, and I can see the western conference defense clearing him out easily. I don't know. Just don't know want him back, I just don't see him being that important to gain back. He's a good line 3 player.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 02:23 PM
  #513
The Black1963
Grit & Character
 
The Black1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Orange County CA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,182
vCash: 3733
The more and more I think about it, I think Bernier will fetch something close to a 2nd and a mid to low prospect.

The Black1963 is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 02:29 PM
  #514
BigBrown
They did it again!
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,050
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
The more and more I think about it, I think Bernier will fetch something close to a 2nd and a mid to low prospect.
I'm just hoping he can recoup the two second round picks we gave for Regehr, anything else will be a cherry on top.

BigBrown is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 04:42 PM
  #515
HookKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 772
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
The more and more I think about it, I think Bernier will fetch something close to a 2nd and a mid to low prospect.
No way, that is a horrible return. Most second round rounders don't even make the NHL.

HookKing is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 04:49 PM
  #516
kinghock
Registered User
 
kinghock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mahwah,NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
JB for Read (part of a package of things) would make me happy. Sure Read isn't Simmonds but he is a good and solid top 6er who can play all 3 positions and is 100% compete.

Can't get Simmonds, Read would be a solid add.
A mush as I respect your opinions I disagree with you on this one.
I do not want to trade Bernier for Read.
He is just too small.

kinghock is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 05:38 PM
  #517
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
A mush as I respect your opinions I disagree with you on this one.
I do not want to trade Bernier for Read.
He is just too small.
Fair enough. I love the kid but I understand why some wouldn't.

But I like Kozun too for the same reasons so and most see him as being too small as well.

etherialone is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 05:50 PM
  #518
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll
 
Reclamation Project's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 18,029
vCash: 592
Richie is only one inch taller

Reclamation Project is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 05:58 PM
  #519
etherialone
dialed in your mom
 
etherialone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: The Ether
Country: United Nations
Posts: 12,990
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Richie is only one inch taller
Read plays a bigger mans game too for his size. Some people value size more than others. Read is average sized but he plays a bigger game. I like his game and have been pressing the idea of our making him part of the JB deal.

To people thinking JB will return anything less than a solid player/top prospect/1st and 3rd pick all I can say is prepare to be very happily surprised for being off for thinking so is all I can say.

etherialone is offline  
Old
06-08-2013, 06:26 PM
  #520
KingCanadain1976
Registered User
 
KingCanadain1976's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Thunder Bay Ont. Can
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,102
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Read plays a bigger mans game too for his size. Some people value size more than others. Read is average sized but he plays a bigger game. I like his game and have been pressing the idea of our making him part of the JB deal.

To people thinking JB will return anything less than a solid player/top prospect/1st and 3rd pick all I can say is prepare to be very happily surprised for being off for thinking so is all I can say.
I so cant wait till your proven right. I ve been saying the same thing for a while now.Althou when jb finally gets trade i will sorta miss the threads because that where most of my posts go

KingCanadain1976 is offline  
Old
06-09-2013, 06:18 PM
  #521
northernKing
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 1,838
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
Read plays a bigger mans game too for his size. Some people value size more than others. Read is average sized but he plays a bigger game. I like his game and have been pressing the idea of our making him part of the JB deal.

To people thinking JB will return anything less than a solid player/top prospect/1st and 3rd pick all I can say is prepare to be very happily surprised for being off for thinking so is all I can say.
Sutter favors size as King and Penner dressed even after less than stellar games while a guy like Richardson IMO played very good when inserted. As you've pointed out even small players that play bigger like Kozun don't get a shot. If we are going to address the lack of LW depth in the Bernier deal I'd like LA to trade for Pajarvvi or Marcus Foligno. Both have the size Sutter craves and can play top 6. Paajarvi would look good along side Kopitar with his speed and Anzes playmaking he'd get breakaways like Grabner. Foligno with Richards and Carter would be damn good too. Plus both players are young and cheap when considering next yrs cap.

I think it would be bigger than straight one for one. LA has depth that EDM could use
EDM- Bernier, Martinez and Nolan
LA- Paajarvi, 2nd in 2013 and Curtis Hamilton

northernKing is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:30 AM
  #522
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont View Post
Flip bernier for simmonds this summer
Let me get my gun and put it to Holmgren's head.

Simmond's being back solves so many problems.

Rorschach is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 04:31 AM
  #523
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied
 
Rorschach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 6,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
A mush as I respect your opinions I disagree with you on this one.
I do not want to trade Bernier for Read.
He is just too small.
I agree, his opinion is mush. I would want to get a pick, an asset that is more liquid, than get an old dude with no upside in Read.

Rorschach is offline  
Old
06-10-2013, 08:59 AM
  #524
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,556
vCash: 500
Based on the Read trade discussions, is there any interest in the nhl ready David Ullstrom+ a 3rd? 24 yr old Ullstrom plays both wings, adds size and speed. Read's a ufa next July. His 47 pt season makes him a more proven NHL scorer, but Ullstrom has shown in the AHL, that he has a scorers hands.

CREW99AW is online now  
Old
06-10-2013, 09:44 AM
  #525
kinghock
Registered User
 
kinghock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mahwah,NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 727
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Based on the Read trade discussions, is there any interest in the nhl ready David Ullstrom+ a 3rd? 24 yr old Ullstrom plays both wings, adds size and speed. Read's a ufa next July. His 47 pt season makes him a more proven NHL scorer, but Ullstrom has shown in the AHL, that he has a scorers hands.
Kings do not need David Ullstrom, but Nino will be fine.

kinghock is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:11 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.