HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Notices

Bernier trade in offseason?

Closed Thread

Old
06-07-2013, 12:27 PM
Mats26
Cup Champs

vCash: 500
If Bobrovsky dosn't sign with CBL and heads for Russia(highly unlikely though) I see us getting our first round pick back and Bernier dealt to CBL.

Old
06-07-2013, 12:34 PM
deeshamrock

Quote:
If Bobrovsky dosn't sign with CBL and heads for Russia(highly unlikely though) I see us getting our first round pick back and Bernier dealt to CBL.
As a matter of fact, there is an article today which has quotes from Bob saying he /his agent are talking to boththe CBJ and the KHl. KHL reportedly offered him 10 mill a year.
I think he wants to stay in the NHL and I'm sure the CBJ know that's he using this as a negotiation ploy. I love Bob, saw enough raw talent in his rookie year as a Flyer and this year to see he is the real deal and has a bright future.
But he's not worth that kind of money.
I don't think CBJ should go higher than 4 mill given he's yet to give them a full season or a playoff run. Realistically , a 3 year deal to let him prove himself .
But the other side of that is him calling their bluff and going KHL.
In which case, I think they would flip one of their 3 1st round picks to get a goalie, Bernier being one of ones available. Emery, Miller, and Luongo are out there too.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...s-and-khl-team

Old
06-07-2013, 02:24 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeshamrock View Post
As a matter of fact, there is an article today which has quotes from Bob saying he /his agent are talking to boththe CBJ and the KHl. KHL reportedly offered him 10 mill a year.
I think he wants to stay in the NHL and I'm sure the CBJ know that's he using this as a negotiation ploy. I love Bob, saw enough raw talent in his rookie year as a Flyer and this year to see he is the real deal and has a bright future.
But he's not worth that kind of money.
I don't think CBJ should go higher than 4 mill given he's yet to give them a full season or a playoff run. Realistically , a 3 year deal to let him prove himself .
But the other side of that is him calling their bluff and going KHL.
In which case, I think they would flip one of their 3 1st round picks to get a goalie, Bernier being one of ones available. Emery, Miller, and Luongo are out there too.

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/blog/ey...s-and-khl-team
Nothing on Bob but I can say that the pay structure in the KHL is entirely different than in the NHL and by that I mean in how much the teams must pay of the contracts that they sign. Every players contract has a clause in it that allows for his team to make "installment" payments that are based on a players ability to perform.

Now that is some language right there. The KHL offers that NHL players typically receive end up being guaranteed for all or most of the money and is paid in advance often too.

The times I have spent around the KHL and its players have been very enlightening. Not a great league to be a player in though the quality of product on ice is very good. The SEL feels allot like going to NHL games in some ways. They are pretty straight up.

Old
06-07-2013, 10:49 PM
jfont

Awards:
Flip bernier for simmonds this summer

06-07-2013, 11:02 PM
agentfouser
Playoffs?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfont View Post
I would be so happy that I would *literally* **** rainbows.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:08 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Would love to get Simmonds back but that's not going to happen (unfortunately). Time for Futa and Yannetti to work the coalmine and find another gem like Simmonds.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:12 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
Would love to get Simmonds back but that's not going to happen (unfortunately). Time for Futa and Yannetti to work the coalmine and find another gem like Simmonds.
JB for Read (part of a package of things) would make me happy. Sure Read isn't Simmonds but he is a good and solid top 6er who can play all 3 positions and is 100% compete.

Can't get Simmonds, Read would be a solid add.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:40 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
JB for Read (part of a package of things) would make me happy. Sure Read isn't Simmonds but he is a good and solid top 6er who can play all 3 positions and is 100% compete.

It helps that Read can play both LW and RW. Though he's smallish, he can produce and add speed from the wing, which the Kings are sorely lacking in their top six (outside of Jeff Carter, whenever he is playing wing).

Old
06-07-2013, 11:43 PM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
Simmonds is a product of the flyers system. Wouldn't want him back.

Old
06-07-2013, 11:49 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
His numbers may be, but he was just as much of an impact player on the Kings. Unfortunately he was restrained exclusively to checking line duties on a line with Handzus under Terry Murray's coaching. I think he eventually would have evolved through more experience and with more ice time, and he's done just that in Philly.

Regardless, no regrets with that trade. It's just an indication of how tough it is to find players like Simmonds who can be physically imposing and can put the puck in the net (granted I am well aware that most of Simmonds' goals come from around the goal mouth, which is what the Kings could use some of when they're on the PP).

Old
06-07-2013, 11:52 PM
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll

vCash: 592
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
Tainted past participle, past tense of taint (Verb)

1. Contaminate or pollute (something).
2. Affect with a bad or undesirable quality: "his administration was tainted by scandal".

Old
06-08-2013, 12:16 AM
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?

Quote:
His numbers may be, but he was just as much of an impact player on the Kings. Unfortunately he was restrained exclusively to checking line duties on a line with Handzus under Terry Murray's coaching. I think he eventually would have evolved through more experience and with more ice time, and he's done just that in Philly.

Regardless, no regrets with that trade. It's just an indication of how tough it is to find players like Simmonds who can be physically imposing and can put the puck in the net (granted I am well aware that most of Simmonds' goals come from around the goal mouth, which is what the Kings could use some of when they're on the PP).
I don't know, I would trade him for below market value. His lower body is very weak, and I can see the western conference defense clearing him out easily. I don't know. Just don't know want him back, I just don't see him being that important to gain back. He's a good line 3 player.

Old
06-08-2013, 02:23 PM
The Black1963
Grit & Character

vCash: 3733
The more and more I think about it, I think Bernier will fetch something close to a 2nd and a mid to low prospect.

Old
06-08-2013, 02:29 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
The more and more I think about it, I think Bernier will fetch something close to a 2nd and a mid to low prospect.
I'm just hoping he can recoup the two second round picks we gave for Regehr, anything else will be a cherry on top.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:42 PM
HookKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black1963 View Post
No way, that is a horrible return. Most second round rounders don't even make the NHL.

Old
06-08-2013, 04:49 PM
kinghock

Quote:

A mush as I respect your opinions I disagree with you on this one.
I do not want to trade Bernier for Read.
He is just too small.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:38 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
He is just too small.
Fair enough. I love the kid but I understand why some wouldn't.

But I like Kozun too for the same reasons so and most see him as being too small as well.

Old
06-08-2013, 05:50 PM
Reclamation Project
Registered Troll

vCash: 592
Richie is only one inch taller

Old
06-08-2013, 05:58 PM
etherialone
dialed in your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reclamation Project View Post
Richie is only one inch taller
Read plays a bigger mans game too for his size. Some people value size more than others. Read is average sized but he plays a bigger game. I like his game and have been pressing the idea of our making him part of the JB deal.

To people thinking JB will return anything less than a solid player/top prospect/1st and 3rd pick all I can say is prepare to be very happily surprised for being off for thinking so is all I can say.

Old
06-08-2013, 06:26 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Read plays a bigger mans game too for his size. Some people value size more than others. Read is average sized but he plays a bigger game. I like his game and have been pressing the idea of our making him part of the JB deal.

To people thinking JB will return anything less than a solid player/top prospect/1st and 3rd pick all I can say is prepare to be very happily surprised for being off for thinking so is all I can say.
I so cant wait till your proven right. I ve been saying the same thing for a while now.Althou when jb finally gets trade i will sorta miss the threads because that where most of my posts go

Old
06-09-2013, 06:18 PM
northernKing

Quote:

Sutter favors size as King and Penner dressed even after less than stellar games while a guy like Richardson IMO played very good when inserted. As you've pointed out even small players that play bigger like Kozun don't get a shot. If we are going to address the lack of LW depth in the Bernier deal I'd like LA to trade for Pajarvvi or Marcus Foligno. Both have the size Sutter craves and can play top 6. Paajarvi would look good along side Kopitar with his speed and Anzes playmaking he'd get breakaways like Grabner. Foligno with Richards and Carter would be damn good too. Plus both players are young and cheap when considering next yrs cap.

I think it would be bigger than straight one for one. LA has depth that EDM could use
EDM- Bernier, Martinez and Nolan
LA- Paajarvi, 2nd in 2013 and Curtis Hamilton

Old
06-10-2013, 04:30 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Let me get my gun and put it to Holmgren's head.

Simmond's being back solves so many problems.

Old
06-10-2013, 04:31 AM
Rorschach
33 #nottobedenied

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
He is just too small.
I agree, his opinion is mush. I would want to get a pick, an asset that is more liquid, than get an old dude with no upside in Read.

Old
06-10-2013, 08:59 AM
CREW99AW

Based on the Read trade discussions, is there any interest in the nhl ready David Ullstrom+ a 3rd? 24 yr old Ullstrom plays both wings, adds size and speed. Read's a ufa next July. His 47 pt season makes him a more proven NHL scorer, but Ullstrom has shown in the AHL, that he has a scorers hands.

Old
06-10-2013, 09:44 AM
kinghock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Based on the Read trade discussions, is there any interest in the nhl ready David Ullstrom+ a 3rd? 24 yr old Ullstrom plays both wings, adds size and speed. Read's a ufa next July. His 47 pt season makes him a more proven NHL scorer, but Ullstrom has shown in the AHL, that he has a scorers hands.
Kings do not need David Ullstrom, but Nino will be fine.

Closed Thread