HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bernier trade in offseason?

Closed Thread

Old
06-10-2013, 09:55 AM
CREW99AW

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghock View Post
Kings do not need David Ullstrom, but Nino will be fine.
Nah. Not on a crowded goalie market.

With Boyes leaving this summer, Moulson a ufa next summer and the isles wanting an internal upgrade on Frans spot, Snow has indicated he wants Nino/Nelson/Strome taking NYI roster spots.

I do appreciate the feedback

Old
06-10-2013, 11:20 AM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Nah. Not on a crowded goalie market.

With Boyes leaving this summer, Moulson a ufa next summer and the isles wanting an internal upgrade on Frans spot, Snow has indicated he wants Nino/Nelson/Strome taking NYI roster spots.

I do appreciate the feedback
I don't think the affordable and talented goalie market is as overcrowded as some would like us to believe.

Old
06-10-2013, 12:28 PM
CREW99AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGS17 View Post
I don't think the affordable and talented goalie market is as overcrowded as some would like us to believe.

In fanchats this season, Staples was asked about several players..Miller, Bernier, Khudobin, Hiller and Halak among others.His fanchats are still on the Newsday website. I'm surprised they haven't been archived yet.
Anyway, he's reporting Snow and Nabby are expected to reach agreement on a 1 yr deal, before the start of the ufa period. He also reports Snow is expected to try to find another goalie to split time with Nabby.

Bernier- Staple is the one who told us, that Snow had called about Bernier during the season and was told he wasn't available.

Halak- lost his #1 spot at the end of the season to Elliott. The Blues also got strong play from Jake Allen, who their gm says doesn't belong back in the AHL. The Blues are sending their AHL prospects to the Chicago Wolves and only can send 1 goalie. They have Jordan Binnington, the goalie of the year in the Ontario Hockey League, who will have to play in the ECHL if Allen goes to the Wolves. The Blues also have 4 important rfas to sign, on an internal budget. Do they want to pay Halak $4.5m?
Staple says Snow will be interested if he's available.

Hiller-lost his #1 spot to Fasth. Anaheim has Gibson who just impessed at the recent WC and Andersen, coming off a strong AHL season. Do they want to pay Hiller $4m to backup? Staple says Snow will be interested if he's available.

Khudobin- is a ufa, coming off a good season in Boston. He wants to be a #1. Snow and his scouts have done a good job of identifying ufas, who they think can play a bigger role then they previously have: Streit, Moulson, PAP and Boyes.
Again, Staple thinks Snow will be interested.

Last edited by CREW99AW: 06-10-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old
06-10-2013, 12:35 PM
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!

Wait wut? I thought JohnnyB was 5'11? He's listed as 6'0 in the Kings website.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8473541

Same with Brad Richardson.

Old
06-10-2013, 12:48 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrozenKing18 View Post
Wait wut? I thought JohnnyB was 5'11? He's listed as 6'0 in the Kings website.

http://kings.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8473541

Same with Brad Richardson.
WAHOOO gained an inch!! Trade value can only be going up from that.

Old
06-10-2013, 01:23 PM
kings11

just out of curiosity what would a package of Bernier/Clifford/Martinez net us????

Old
06-10-2013, 04:30 PM
DapperDan
Bad Thoughts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kings11 View Post
just out of curiosity what would a package of Bernier/Clifford/Martinez net us????
I'd rather it be a package of Bernier/King/Muzzin if we're choosing

Old
06-10-2013, 04:37 PM
bmr

Quote:
Originally Posted by DapperDan View Post
I'd rather it be a package of Bernier/King/Muzzin if we're choosing
If we're trading Muzzin i'd wait til the beginning of next year when his value is higher. He is better in the reg. season. King is still pretty good value for what he does.

Old
06-10-2013, 07:51 PM
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs

I'd hate to see JB ruined by the Flyers.

Old
06-11-2013, 12:02 PM
TROLLPOSO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocWest View Post
I'd hate to see JB ruined by the Flyers.
The Isles will do right by JB. Send him our way.

Old
06-11-2013, 01:24 PM
Brad Doty
Compliance Hero

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strometrooper View Post
The Isles will do right by JB. Send him our way.
Be happy to. We could also use a big, strong, skilled, foreign, 1st-round left wing. Know where we could find one of those?

Also, I just now saw that "we're in! Uh...now what?" part of the avatar and I'm dying

Old
06-11-2013, 04:49 PM
Monarchist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
Hiller-lost his #1 spot to Fasth. Anaheim has Gibson who just impessed at the recent WC and Andersen, coming off a strong AHL season. Do they want to pay Hiller $4m to backup?
I don't think there is as much urgency to trade Hiller because he is on a one year contract. Seems perfect to trade in the middle of a season when some goalie injures himself making a sandwich or something.

Old
06-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Omni Owl

If Philly buys out Bryz I could possibly see Bernier headed there. Though we have center depth, Couturier would still be awesome and would slot down the 3C position for years to come. It'd cost us more than just JB though. With a new GM in Edmonton, we could probably make a package deal involving Bernier/whoever for Paajarvi, Eberle, or Yakupov.

The Islanders also have a nice group of fowards in Strome and Nino, who I'd love for the Kings to get, but we'd probably have to overpay for those guys. I also doubt the Isles would be willing to part with them as well, judging from that Bernier/Strome proposal thread awhile back...

Old
06-11-2013, 08:20 PM
Peter James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post
If Philly buys out Bryz I could possibly see Bernier headed there. Though we have center depth, Couturier would still be awesome and would slot down the 3C position for years to come. It'd cost us more than just JB though. With a new GM in Edmonton, we could probably make a package deal involving Bernier/whoever for Paajarvi, Eberle, or Yakupov.

The Islanders also have a nice group of fowards in Strome and Nino, who I'd love for the Kings to get, but we'd probably have to overpay for those guys. I also doubt the Isles would be willing to part with them as well, judging from that Bernier/Strome proposal thread awhile back...
I'd like to think that JB is viewed by other GM's as a valid potential
missing piece to take their team to the next level. Much like Quick took the Kings from barely making the playoffs, to winning the Cup.
Why not? JB had the second best GAA at 1.88 and a 9-3-1 record, with a .922 save %. The Goalie is the most important player on your team and JB is better than half the goalies in the NHL, imo and just 24. Has a great attitude, has had great coaching, and is pretty flawless, technically. I am glad DL didn't move him at the 2012 deadline - as he was rumored to be part of the Carter deal. JB's value went up this year, as he got to play more and demonstrate he could keep the Kings in the playoffs, when Quick couldn't play as many minutes. This doesn't mean that DL will get full value...but better value than he would have last year.

Old
06-11-2013, 08:34 PM
KingLB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchist View Post
I don't think there is as much urgency to trade Hiller because he is on a one year contract. Seems perfect to trade in the middle of a season when some goalie injures himself making a sandwich or something.
Not only that, but as good as Fasth was...there have been many one and done goalies...trading him is an unnecessary risk.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:03 PM
apadilla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabwaylingo View Post

couturier, strome, or nino would be a good return, but it is a no-go with edmonton, as the kings don't want to be facing bernier 5 or 6 times a season for the next 10 years, so, ship him east i say, way east

Old
06-13-2013, 07:11 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Isles beat guy at NEWSDAY, radio interview today.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/hockeyt...-radio-network

Starts discussing the Isles goaltending situation at 20:00. Essentially, Isles are standing pat and going with Nabokov/Poulin/Nilsson.

Bernier is not on the horizon.

He still thinks the Isles may try to add a second-tier vet to the group though.

Take it for what it is worth, but I consider him to be the single-most trustworthy source for info about the Isles.

Oh, and in his various tweets, Staple (the Isles beat guy) essentially seems to agree with the type of trade value you guys are ascribing to Bernier. He thinks he'll return a first rounder and a strong prospect. Staple obviously has not connections to the Kings, but he has sources around the league and I believe his assessment is probably accurate.

06-13-2013, 07:43 PM
BigBrown
They did it again!

Thanks for passing it along. Sure gonna be interesting to see where Bernier ends up, and for what return. All I know is in the long run whatever team ends up getting him won't be sorry they did, no matter the cost.

Old
06-13-2013, 07:59 PM
Darth Milbury
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBrown View Post
Thanks for passing it along. Sure gonna be interesting to see where Bernier ends up, and for what return. All I know is in the long run whatever team ends up getting him won't be sorry they did, no matter the cost.
Like I said, Staple is plugged in and he tends to be conservative in his guesses about trade value. He said a first plus a stud prospect.

So, I think LA is going to get a really nice return, certainly more than Matt Read.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:09 PM
no name

I'm glad to hear the dialogue that Darth passed along. The Kings have some nice players about ready to contribute, but they will need the occasional stud to come along in order to have sustained success.

Old
06-13-2013, 08:20 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Milbury View Post
Isles beat guy at NEWSDAY, radio interview today.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/hockeyt...-radio-network

Starts discussing the Isles goaltending situation at 20:00. Essentially, Isles are standing pat and going with Nabokov/Poulin/Nilsson.

Bernier is not on the horizon.

He still thinks the Isles may try to add a second-tier vet to the group though.

Take it for what it is worth, but I consider him to be the single-most trustworthy source for info about the Isles.

Oh, and in his various tweets, Staple (the Isles beat guy) essentially seems to agree with the type of trade value you guys are ascribing to Bernier. He thinks he'll return a first rounder and a strong prospect. Staple obviously has not connections to the Kings, but he has sources around the league and I believe his assessment is probably accurate.
ty Darth for this post and to bad I was hoping the islanders were the ones to get jb Hes a hell of a goalie and imo would fit with ur young team really well. I dealt with alot of the jb propsals and i found the islander fans for the most part poilite and well informed when disscussing jb which i cant thanks them enuff. Also great to hear ur beat writter agrees with what i and other king fans have been saying a first and solid prospect is a fair exchange. In closing its not to late to change ur minds lol and hopefully things can come back to what we agreed before .

Old
06-13-2013, 08:56 PM
TROLLPOSO

When an offer sheet can be thrown out there costing a 1st and 3rd then I find it hard to believe JB will cost a 1st and a highly touted prospect. As for the Isles not going after JB, this offseason will show if they are ready to play with the big boys in team building or not.

I am not a big Staple fan. I don't think he is clued in much more than anyone else.

Snow is sooooo close to the vest that I don't think anyone has a handle on what he will do. I don't think anyone saw the Visnosky deal coming last year for instance.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:03 PM
Whiskeypete

the fear i've got is a team doing what SJ did to CHI. make an offer sheet on either JB or VV, with the intention of backing Dean into a corner and having to surrender one of them.

D Wilson screwed CHI on the Hjammer offer sheet, which left no money for Niemi. wilson knew he was going to get either a good young D man for some picks or have a shot at Niemi when CHI couldn't afford to sign him.

with the tight money DL has to work with right now it is a similar situation with two young RFA's with great upside and cap problems.

Old
06-13-2013, 09:20 PM
KingCanadain1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strometrooper View Post
When an offer sheet can be thrown out there costing a 1st and 3rd then I find it hard to believe JB will cost a 1st and a highly touted prospect. As for the Isles not going after JB, this offseason will show if they are ready to play with the big boys in team building or not.

I am not a big Staple fan. I don't think he is clued in much more than anyone else.

Snow is sooooo close to the vest that I don't think anyone has a handle on what he will do. I don't think anyone saw the Visnosky deal coming last year for instance.
I think a team pays a bit more for him then the 1st 3rd offer sheet to control how much u have to pay j bernier in his contract. im guessin 2.5 instead of 3.5 a year/

Old
06-13-2013, 09:30 PM
kings11

As I said before a bernier/Muzzin package could get us
Strome and a 1st it seems I wasn't crazy after all

Closed Thread