HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bernier trade in offseason?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
06-20-2013, 06:35 PM
  #951
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggy Stardust View Post
You really jump to the furthest conclusions possible. We don't know where talks are, so no need to panic.
No one's panicking? I just said nothings coming out. I didn't write in hieroglyphics.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 06:37 PM
  #952
CNS
A World Alone
 
CNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 10,541
vCash: 500
No way guys! I have a cousin named Matt! WHAT A CRAZY WORLD!!!!

On a serious note, if it's Martin and the 15th for Clifford, I would do it. Martin isn't a huge piece but a very nice compliment added with that high of a pick AND he'd be a great 4th liner, although we have Nolan who I still love. Ideally, this gets done before the draft. And if we have the pick at 15, my guy is Alexander Wennberg. All sorts of talent, speed, and a hell of a player. Good two way game. I watched a game of his vs Modo, which was their 2nd game of the year and vs the Kopitar brothers, and he used his speed and some real nice hands to head to the slot and knock a puck out of mid air and in the back of the net. Plus he's Swedish and we need more Swedes.

CNS is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 07:00 PM
  #953
Johnny Utah
Registered User
 
Johnny Utah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Posts: 7,469
vCash: 500
Martin would essentially be a poor mans Simmonds for us. Hopefully, Dwight King is gone after this.

Johnny Utah is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 07:06 PM
  #954
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
He was amongst the discussion on leading the league in hits. He had like 160. Also, nobody on the kings fought. Fights were remarkably low accross the league as was expected.
Okay, I get what your saying but Cliff wasn't himself this year. So if he has concussion problems his role on the team needs to change than. Let Martin and Nolan handle the rough stuff and cliff can do something else.

I think if cliff looks to score more and not fight hell be fine and have a career.

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 07:06 PM
  #955
BigBrown
Now what will we do?
 
BigBrown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,843
vCash: 500
Hell, I'd be all over any deal where we get a 1st rounder and a useful player/prospect. Fingers crossed, but it seems a bit optimistic to me.

BigBrown is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 07:08 PM
  #956
McSorley 33
Registered User
 
McSorley 33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yorba Linda, Ca
Posts: 1,156
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Utah View Post
Martin would essentially be a poor mans Simmonds for us. Hopefully, Dwight King is gone after this.
Maybe in scoring not fighting but I would rather have the other (scoring).

McSorley 33 is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 07:15 PM
  #957
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by no name View Post
He was amongst the discussion on leading the league in hits. He had like 160. Also, nobody on the kings fought. Fights were remarkably low accross the league as was expected.
It was a short season, there really wasn't a need to fight with every game being critical.

DryIslandBartender is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 07:35 PM
  #958
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
I rather have a top 6 low pick. Not am average prospect with high pick. We need help now not later.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 07:37 PM
  #959
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater
 
Ziggy Stardust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Parts Unknown
Posts: 35,368
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I rather have a top 6 low pick. Not am average prospect with high pick. We need help now not later.
Whoever they do end up drafting isn't going to help now, but likely much later. If you're looking for help now, look to guys like Toffoli, Pearson, Kozun, possibly Holloway, maybe Moller after next season.

Ziggy Stardust is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 07:37 PM
  #960
Boba Fettuccine
Pastafarian
 
Boba Fettuccine's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Location,Location
Posts: 27,953
vCash: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
No one's panicking? I just said nothings coming out. I didn't write in hieroglyphics.

Boba Fettuccine is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 07:55 PM
  #961
Peter James Bond
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 1,783
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Shiznit!!

About time there was breaking news and CLARIFICATION.

"a scout (the bird) received this text from an anonymous source (the bird without eyes) that there is wall up, as the other side (GM) doesn't want the SLUG thrown in the deal (the bird is looking away) . He (the other GM) said he would get hanged (the noose) by his owner (the grill looking thing - is a mouthpiece; maybe the owners bodyguard, or something) and he would CLUB him as well. He said his path (the wedge) to the CUP (the CUP) leads to a raise (the money bag looking thing) and something I cannot figure out...and then a handshake and he would be considered a snake.

So, there is an apparent holdup in the Bernier deal, as DL is trying to add a slug in the deal..and this GM knows if he bites, he will be hanged and clubbed. His pursuit is the CUP and apparently this current deal is not going to lead to that end.

Now, we're getting somewhere. Who's the SLUG, though?

Peter James Bond is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 08:21 PM
  #962
Docgonzo
Triple Crown Line
 
Docgonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chino, Ca
Country: United States
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter James Bond View Post
Shiznit!!

About time there was breaking news and CLARIFICATION.

"a scout (the bird) received this text from an anonymous source (the bird without eyes) that there is wall up, as the other side (GM) doesn't want the SLUG thrown in the deal (the bird is looking away) . He (the other GM) said he would get hanged (the noose) by his owner (the grill looking thing - is a mouthpiece; maybe the owners bodyguard, or something) and he would CLUB him as well. He said his path (the wedge) to the CUP (the CUP) leads to a raise (the money bag looking thing) and something I cannot figure out...and then a handshake and he would be considered a snake.

So, there is an apparent holdup in the Bernier deal, as DL is trying to add a slug in the deal..and this GM knows if he bites, he will be hanged and clubbed. His pursuit is the CUP and apparently this current deal is not going to lead to that end.

Now, we're getting somewhere. Who's the SLUG, though?
Dr. Jones is that you??

Docgonzo is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 08:43 PM
  #963
kingsfan
#SutterforanOscar
 
kingsfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Manitoba, Canada
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,241
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primakov! View Post
Personally, I'd love it if the Kings could manage to draft Ryan Hartman if they end up getting a mid to late 1st round pick.

He has an abrasive playing style that I really like. Also doesn't hurt that while being a physical player he can skate and has some hands as well.
I hope we don't use a 1st on Hartman to be honest. I'd love to get him, but I don't think he'll have the offensive upside worthy of a first. I see him as a more skilled version of Kyle Chipchura. Seems like a perfect 2nd round pick for us, but I doubt he falls that far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
Martin is a grinder and we have Clifford, King, Nolan to fill that grinder role. We also have Anthony Stewart, Andreoff etc to call up. There's no point in having Martin on this team.

I believe we have plenty of grinders and that wasn't the issue with this team last season. It was scoring and Frattin provides that, he is a potential 20 goal scorer for this club and can net 40 points for us. Can play left wing as well, and I just think a Frattin-Stoll-Toffoli line or Frattin-Richards-Carter line would be really good for the team.

Again scoring was the issue with this club, not grinders. We outhit every team in every series.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I'm sure Stewart would like to crack the NHL lineup again, he will be signed elsewhere given that our bottom 6 is a logjam.
So you use Stewart to support your argument for why we shouldn't get Martin, then admit he won't even be here next year?

And Martin is WAY more of a grinder than King, and he has more to offer than Nolan does.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmr View Post
It probably won't be Read or we would have done it already. Unless DL is really trying to play this thing out until the end. The only thing that worries me about Martin and Frattin is that they really aren't top-6 quality guys, while Read is. Maybe we don't even need a top-6 with Toffoli coming up. I do think Martin is redundant with Clifford, though..like some have mentioned. Frattin has some upside but I've heard too much about character flaws with him.
Why is Martin redundant if we have Clifford? Having one on the 3rd line and one on the forth would be a terror for defensemen on the other team. You just know several times a period you're going to get hammered whenever you go back for that puck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSorley 33 View Post
Having the 15th pick in the draft is excellent; maybe DL can grab another Pmd.

Would be happy with Mantha or Hagg. Adam Erne kid looks good. Plays the game like Dustin Brown.
Hagg all the way. Whoever gets him is getting a very solid D-man in my opinion.

kingsfan is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 08:48 PM
  #964
Kevin27nyi
Moderator
#21KO
 
Kevin27nyi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 9,982
vCash: 50
I can't see the Isles moving Martin. He's not untouchable, but he's damn hard to replace.

Kevin27nyi is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 08:58 PM
  #965
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
If we were to get martin couldn't we dangle Clifford in the deal too so we can make it a bigger package. Because martin and a first doesn't really sit well.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 09:07 PM
  #966
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,079
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
If we were to get martin couldn't we dangle Clifford in the deal too so we can make it a bigger package. Because martin and a first doesn't really sit well.
Well, getting back into this deep draft is pretty much the prize. Frattin and Martin are depth guys and would be possible replacements of King & co. on the third line. I think Dean wants the first round pick more than anything and then get as much value as possible to maximize the asset after the pick. He has to maximize this one as we don't have very many expendable, valuable assets like him coming up in the near future.

__________________

“We still have a lot of guys who haven't scored a goal since Jesus was a baby.” - Darryl Sutter
Telos is offline  
Old
06-20-2013, 11:06 PM
  #967
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
Well, getting back into this deep draft is pretty much the prize. Frattin and Martin are depth guys and would be possible replacements of King & co. on the third line. I think Dean wants the first round pick more than anything and then get as much value as possible to maximize the asset after the pick. He has to maximize this one as we don't have very many expendable, valuable assets like him coming up in the near future.
I understand but it's more of a long term move that way. We need the upgrade, It's not bad looking long term but using JB he can also be used for filling up that gaping hole at left wing. I don't know just for an organization in a win now mode I think you give up an expendable asset for a quick fix rather than a high pick. I don't know just my thought.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:16 AM
  #968
CTKingsFan
6/11/12 & 6/13/14
 
CTKingsFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Connecticut
Country: United States
Posts: 2,969
vCash: 500
From Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly


While the Flyers remain in the sweepstakes chase for L.A. Kings backup goalie Jonathan Bernier, the stakes have been raised.

Much higher, it seems.

Sources say the Toronto Maple Leafs have significantly anted up the price to pry Bernier from the Kings and this is yet another reason why the Flyers can’t make a final decision on whether to file a compliance buyout on goalie Ilya Bryzgalov.

The Leafs, New York Islanders, Florida Panthers, Minnesota Wild and now the New Jersey Devils reportedly are in the bidding, but sources say Toronto might be offering more than others are willing to pay.

“We’re not really talking,” said one Flyers source, which likely means general manager Paul Holmgren can’t match what others are offering Kings GM Dean Lombardi for a guy many feel could have been a No. 1 starter were it not for how well Jonathan Quick has performed.



full article: http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...call-bryzgalov

CTKingsFan is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:20 AM
  #969
Telos
Moderator
In Dean We Trust
 
Telos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Reno, NV
Country: United States
Posts: 27,079
vCash: 424
Send a message via ICQ to Telos Send a message via AIM to Telos Send a message via MSN to Telos Send a message via Yahoo to Telos
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKopitar11 View Post
I understand but it's more of a long term move that way. We need the upgrade, It's not bad looking long term but using JB he can also be used for filling up that gaping hole at left wing. I don't know just for an organization in a win now mode I think you give up an expendable asset for a quick fix rather than a high pick. I don't know just my thought.
There are a lot of factors to consider too. Such as us not knowing if Holloway will be signed, or even if Dean surprises and re-signs Penner or picks someone up via free agency. So many things happening, it is hard to say, especially when we have such little information. The media is hyping the hell out of this draft, declaring it up there with the 2003 draft. They do that nonsense every year, but this year seems to be closer to the truth than normal, even if it doesn't come close. Would definitely be nice to get back into the first round, and who knows, we may pick up another Corey Perry for the future and sign someone capable of scoring now.

Telos is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 12:39 AM
  #970
DocWest
2012 & 2014 Champs
 
DocWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Los Angeles
Country: United States
Posts: 10,740
vCash: 500
I'm pretty excited to see who we get in return. It's going to be difficult to see JB go because we all know that he's going to be an amazing #1 tender. It's just that Quick is better.

DocWest is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:25 AM
  #971
DryIslandBartender
KCCO
 
DryIslandBartender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,306
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingsfan View Post
So you use Stewart to support your argument for why we shouldn't get Martin, then admit he won't even be here next year?

And Martin is WAY more of a grinder than King, and he has more to offer than Nolan does.
Stewart isn't the sole argument no. If you read the whole post you would understand my point is that we have plenty of grinders, and there's no need to add another one via trade. It's pretty clear our weakness is in scoring, and secondary scoring. Frattin, Read are good targets along with a 1st round pick.

King and Nolan are still very young and already have acquired a ton of experience through the playoffs. I'd like to see them play a full season and they will grow with another season under their belts. These guys are 23 years old. Same goes for Clifford.

I'm sure Martin is a good grinder for the Islanders, but I just don't see why we need him on the Kings, which has a logjam of bottom 6 guys. We NEED guys that can score and have speed.


Some of you guys need to look at some Frattin highlights on youtube, he's known to hit and can score. Its a good trade if we can get him AND a First round pick.

He can hit a Duck...


Takes on big boy Poni...



Can score...






He's got speed, put him alongside Richie-Carter or Stoll-Toffoli. Plenty of combinations for Frattin to be in.

DryIslandBartender is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:29 AM
  #972
FrozenKing18
Top Drawer!
 
FrozenKing18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: So Cal
Country: United States
Posts: 5,902
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BerniernextRoy View Post
I love those reverse hits!


FrozenKing18 is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 01:37 AM
  #973
goosh
TwoForRoughing
 
goosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: UCLA, Los Angeles
Posts: 2,340
vCash: 500
Interesting article. Dave Nonis must really have a hard-on for Jonathan Bernier.

goosh is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 02:05 AM
  #974
KingKopitar11*
Drew Doughty Eh?
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: staples center
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 16,404
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telos View Post
There are a lot of factors to consider too. Such as us not knowing if Holloway will be signed, or even if Dean surprises and re-signs Penner or picks someone up via free agency. So many things happening, it is hard to say, especially when we have such little information. The media is hyping the hell out of this draft, declaring it up there with the 2003 draft. They do that nonsense every year, but this year seems to be closer to the truth than normal, even if it doesn't come close. Would definitely be nice to get back into the first round, and who knows, we may pick up another Corey Perry for the future and sign someone capable of scoring now.

You do have a point, but I am quite confused. We should sign Holloway before trading Bernier because it'd make a lot more sense of where the cap is headed towards with the Bernier trade.

I really don't know, draft may be deep but do we risk the wait of developing a star or a superstar. Or do we trade for a star to immediately fill that hole.

The chance to get a great player in the deep draft seems unusually high, but it comes down to the signings and then see who we can trade for or what pick. I just wonder if dl is gonna take a pick for a future star or fill a hole immediately.

KingKopitar11* is offline  
Old
06-21-2013, 02:09 AM
  #975
King'sPawn
Enjoy the chaos
 
King'sPawn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 8,787
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTKingsFan View Post
From Tim Panaccio of CSN Philly


While the Flyers remain in the sweepstakes chase for L.A. Kings backup goalie Jonathan Bernier, the stakes have been raised.

Much higher, it seems.

Sources say the Toronto Maple Leafs have significantly anted up the price to pry Bernier from the Kings and this is yet another reason why the Flyers can’t make a final decision on whether to file a compliance buyout on goalie Ilya Bryzgalov.

The Leafs, New York Islanders, Florida Panthers, Minnesota Wild and now the New Jersey Devils reportedly are in the bidding, but sources say Toronto might be offering more than others are willing to pay.

“We’re not really talking,” said one Flyers source, which likely means general manager Paul Holmgren can’t match what others are offering Kings GM Dean Lombardi for a guy many feel could have been a No. 1 starter were it not for how well Jonathan Quick has performed.



full article: http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...call-bryzgalov
Of course, I'm always grateful at people's abilities to find these articles and post them, but I'm skeptical of the author.

How reliable is this author?

King'sPawn is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2015 All Rights Reserved.