HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LVIII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
05-14-2013, 10:08 AM
  #826
hototogisu
Global Moderator
Poked the bear!!!!!
 
hototogisu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 35,460
vCash: 500
Awards:
No Markov for the Masterton. Crosby, Harding and McQuaid are the nominees.

hototogisu is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:10 AM
  #827
RealCity
We broke the bruins
 
RealCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: MontREAL
Country: Canada
Posts: 180
vCash: 500
You know, I did feel a bit bad for the Leafs after their incredibly epic collapse last night, but after reading how confident they are that would had an 'easy pass' to the 2nd round if they played the Habs, I don't feel the least bit bad anymore. F 'em.

And the group hugs outside the ACC last night after they lost is the single funniest thing I have ever seen.


Last edited by RealCity: 05-14-2013 at 10:18 AM.
RealCity is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:12 AM
  #828
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 29,403
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCity View Post
You know, I did feel a bit bad for the Leafs after their incredibly epic collapse last night, but after reading how confident they are that would had an 'easy pass' to the 2nd round if they played the Habs, I don't feel the least bit bad anymore. F 'em.

And the group hugs outside the ACC last night after they lost is the single funniest thing I have seen ever seen.
wait, WHAT?! I need to see the group hugs! LOL

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:13 AM
  #829
Burke the Legend
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 3,477
vCash: 1054
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCity View Post
And the group hugs outside the ACC last night after they lost is the single funniest thing I have seen ever seen.
lol anyone have a clip of this?

Burke the Legend is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:17 AM
  #830
Et le But
Registered User
 
Et le But's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: New York
Country: Argentina
Posts: 18,394
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
"Hurr durr" as much as you want, they put on a better battle than we did, and probably have more to be proud of than us, knowing they pushed it to the limit, while we probably had the worst differential of all the playoffs team in the 1st round, while being the 2nd seed playing a 7th seed without its franchise C.
Whatever advantage we had from Spezza being out was nullified when they KOed Eller early on...no, that's not the same thing but Eller was playing like our best C when he went down and he took away our ability to match up because was had one line that was useless if not sheltered.

And besides that, the Sens were much healthier than we were...or the Bruins, who are also playing through injuries right now.

The Sens were not a regular 7th seed considering they got to there missing their best player.

We deserved to lose but there's no point in reading any more into it than that.

Et le But is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:21 AM
  #831
Agnostic
11 Stanley Cups
 
Agnostic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,413
vCash: 500
I was at a GTA bar with some friends last night, with 4 minutes left there was:

"Ole Ole" song
Goodbye song
Everyone ordering their checks because the game was "over", coats being put on

Boom
Hindenburg

Entertaining stuff.

Agnostic is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:24 AM
  #832
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,530
vCash: 500
I laughed my @zz off watching the Laffs implode. I hate both teams so watching one at least lose in such a demoralizing and painful fashion was the best I could hope for - highly entertaining.

windycity is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:25 AM
  #833
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Whatever advantage we had from Spezza being out was nullified when they KOed Eller early on...no, that's not the same thing but Eller was playing like our best C when he went down and he took away our ability to match up because was had one line that was useless if not sheltered.

And besides that, the Sens were much healthier than we were...or the Bruins, who are also playing through injuries right now.

The Sens were not a regular 7th seed considering they got to there missing their best player.

We deserved to lose but there's no point in reading any more into it than that.
They were healthier at the end. At the beginning? Not so much. Only Emelin missing for us.

Why did they ende up being the healthier team? Those all are parts of why they beat us. But of course, you'll try and convince me it was all because of bad luck...

The impact of Spezza on the Sens, who had Jean-Gabriel Pageau as their 3rd line center, is far greater than the one on the Habs, who still had Plekanec, Desharnais and Galchenyuk at C.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:27 AM
  #834
Le Tricolore
Boo! Booooo!
 
Le Tricolore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Montreal
Posts: 29,403
vCash: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I was at a GTA bar with some friends last night, with 4 minutes left there was:

"Ole Ole" song
Goodbye song
Everyone ordering their checks because the game was "over", coats being put on

Boom
Hindenburg

Entertaining stuff.
Why are the Leaf fans singing a soccer song?

Le Tricolore is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:29 AM
  #835
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,530
vCash: 500
Time for a Joke

So 4 hockey fans are mountain climbing, a Sens fan, a Bruins fan, a Canadiens fan, and a Leafs fan. They're arguing all the way up the mountain who is the best and most loyal fan. So the Sens fan, saying "I will prove my devotion", yells "this is for the Senators!" and jumps off a cliff to his death. Not to be outdone, the Bruins fan climbs even higher and yells "For the Big Bad Bruins!" and jumps to his doom. Next, the Canadiens fan pauses for a moment, then yells "This is for everyone!" and pushes the Leafs fan off the cliff.

windycity is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:37 AM
  #836
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agnostic View Post
I was at a GTA bar with some friends last night, with 4 minutes left there was:

"Ole Ole" song
Goodbye song
Everyone ordering their checks because the game was "over", coats being put on

Boom
Hindenburg

Entertaining stuff.
really ?? hilarious, I knew our Ole! chant would eventually make it to every other teams, but not that soon!

Assimilation has begun already I guess!

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:42 AM
  #837
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,315
vCash: 500
A mod started a Leafs appreciation thread on the Stanley Cup board. HF....

__________________
Lucy. Lucy. Lucy.
PyrettaBlaze is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:46 AM
  #838
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,530
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
A mod started a Leafs appreciation thread on the Stanley Cup board. HF....
that's hilarious

windycity is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:51 AM
  #839
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
A mod started a Leafs appreciation thread on the Stanley Cup board. HF....
They're playing exciting, fast-paced, physical hockey and it was probably the best series of them all in the first round.

And I thought Leafs fans were those being insecured...

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:54 AM
  #840
ECWHSWI
Spartan mic'
 
ECWHSWI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 17,279
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
They're playing exciting, fast-paced, physical hockey and it was probably the best series of them all in the first round.

And I thought Leafs fans were those being insecured...
huh... not really no, slowest pace serie of the 1st round : TO/BOS

ECWHSWI is online now  
Old
05-14-2013, 10:55 AM
  #841
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag
 
CaptainBenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Et le But View Post
Whatever advantage we had from Spezza being out was nullified when they KOed Eller early on...no, that's not the same thing but Eller was playing like our best C when he went down and he took away our ability to match up because was had one line that was useless if not sheltered.

And besides that, the Sens were much healthier than we were...or the Bruins, who are also playing through injuries right now.

The Sens were not a regular 7th seed considering they got to there missing their best player.

We deserved to lose but there's no point in reading any more into it than that.
Stop looking for excuses
We lost game 5 6-1 and it was pathetic, we didnt lose because of injuries(we were 3-1 before them) but poor effort and outcoached

CaptainBenn is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:00 AM
  #842
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,980
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
They were healthier at the end. At the beginning? Not so much. Only Emelin missing for us.

Why did they ende up being the healthier team? Those all are parts of why they beat us. But of course, you'll try and convince me it was all because of bad luck...

The impact of Spezza on the Sens, who had Jean-Gabriel Pageau as their 3rd line center, is far greater than the one on the Habs, who still had Plekanec, Desharnais and Galchenyuk at C.
Seems like you want people to wallow in sorrow for the dark future this team apparently has ahead due to a 1st round loss and be jealous of the Leafs for their 1st round loss due to it being in game 7 with a historic choke in the final 10 minutes...

I'm also not sure how you can suggest as absolute that the Leafs will come out positively from this loss and the Habs will not for their loss. They can easily see this as a sign that their team is good enough and not fix issues or have players broken from the way they lost - Phaneuf/Reimer. There is no direct correlation and completely depends on the players and management and how they respond. Anything can happen - good or bad.

Here are some teams that lost in 7 games in the 1st round over the past couple playoffs and what they did the following season:

2011/2012: Florida Panthers vs New Jersey Devils - Finished last in the NHL the following season
2010/2011: Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins - Finished last in the Eastern Conference following season
2010/2011: Buffalo Sabres vs Philadelphia Flyers - Missed playoffs following season and currently rebuilding

Here are some teams that lost in 5 games in the 1st round over the past couple playoffs and what they did the following season:

2011/2012: San Jose Sharks vs St.Louis Blues - Currently in 2nd round
2011/2012: Detroit Red Wings vs Nashville Predators - Currently in 2nd round
2010/2011: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals - Finished 1st in the East/2nd in league following season with a conference finals appearance/currently in 2nd round

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:01 AM
  #843
Crimson Skorpion
Moderator
 
Crimson Skorpion's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Lachine, Quebec
Country: Germany
Posts: 30,412
vCash: 50
Awards:
Habs lost in five games.
Leafs lost in seven games.

They both were first round exits.

Nothing else really matters. They played two more games. Cool. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things because; a. they did not advance to the next round and, b. they did not win the Stanley Cup.

__________________
Shawn Wilken,
Head of Hockey Department
LastWordOnSports.com


Want to write for us? Head to lastwordonsports.com/writeforus and apply!
Crimson Skorpion is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:02 AM
  #844
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag
 
CaptainBenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Country: Russian Federation
Posts: 3,960
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCity View Post
You know, I did feel a bit bad for the Leafs after their incredibly epic collapse last night, but after reading how confident they are that would had an 'easy pass' to the 2nd round if they played the Habs, I don't feel the least bit bad anymore. F 'em.

And the group hugs outside the ACC last night after they lost is the single funniest thing I have ever seen.
They destroyed us every game in reg season...
Group hug after a great effort by a team who made the playoffs for the first time in like 7 years
At least their players cared in the elimination game, Habs players let the Sens humiliate them 6-1 (thanks God we have Subban or it would have been a shutout)

CaptainBenn is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:05 AM
  #845
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Seems like you want people to wallow in sorrow for the dark future this team apparently has ahead due to a 1st round loss and be jealous of the Leafs for their 1st round loss due to it being in game 7 with a historic choke in the final 10 minutes...

I'm also not sure how you can suggest as absolute that the Leafs will come out positively from this loss and the Habs will not for their loss. They can easily see this as a sign that their team is good enough and not fix issues or have players broken from the way they lost - Phaneuf/Reimer. There is no direct correlation and completely depends on the players and management and how they respond. Anything can happen - good or bad.

Here are some teams that lost in 7 games in the 1st round over the past couple playoffs and what they did the following season:

2011/2012: Florida Panthers vs New Jersey Devils - Finished last in the NHL the following season
2010/2011: Montreal Canadiens vs Boston Bruins - Finished last in the Eastern Conference following season
2010/2011: Buffalo Sabres vs Philadelphia Flyers - Missed playoffs following season

Here are some teams that lost in 5 games in the 1st round over the past couple playoffs and what they did the following season:

2011/2012: San Jose Sharks vs St.Louis Blues - Currently in 2nd round
2011/2012: Detroit Red Wings vs Nashville Predators - Currently in 2nd round
2010/2011: New York Rangers vs Washington Capitals - Finished 1st in the East following season
Talk about that to Bruins fans.

Truth is, you're likely going to learn more about your team and yourself in a long, emotional and painful series than you do by getting humiliated in 5 by a 7th seed.

And even without taking that aspect into the equation, it's ridiculous, stupid and pathetic to laugh at a team who really gave it all on the ice like the Leafs did. I, for one, would be proud of them if I were a fan of their team. They overcame a 1-3 deficit and almost won it, when nobody saw them winning it. On this forum, everybody thought the Bruins would get by them easily. And now that they won in OT in game 7, you guys are laughing at them?

You're doing exactly what you accuse Leafs fans of doing. We have nothing to be proud about. And I like the Leafs better next season to have success than I like the Habs in their current state.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:06 AM
  #846
PyrettaBlaze
Registered User
 
PyrettaBlaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,315
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
They were healthier at the end. At the beginning? Not so much. Only Emelin missing for us.

Why did they ende up being the healthier team? Those all are parts of why they beat us. But of course, you'll try and convince me it was all because of bad luck...

The impact of Spezza on the Sens, who had Jean-Gabriel Pageau as their 3rd line center, is far greater than the one on the Habs, who still had Plekanec, Desharnais and Galchenyuk at C.
I'm starting to feel really bad for you. You seem like such an angry person... Everything is always so doom & gloom for you. Sucks.

PyrettaBlaze is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:06 AM
  #847
HiggsBozon
Vintage Emy
 
HiggsBozon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,956
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
Habs lost in five games.
Leafs lost in seven games.

They both were first round exits.

Nothing else really matters. They played two more games. Cool. It means nothing in the grand scheme of things because; a. they did not advance to the next round and, b. they did not win the Stanley Cup.
Still, if you guys laugh at them, what does that say about our own team? We got humiliated in every single aspect of the game.

Oh yeah... bad luck and injuries. How convenient.

HiggsBozon is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:06 AM
  #848
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service
 
Watsatheo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 30,980
vCash: 883
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
They destroyed us every game in reg season...
Group hug after a great effort by a team who made the playoffs for the first time in like 7 years
At least their players cared in the elimination game, Habs players let the Sens humiliate them 6-1 (thanks God we have Subban or it would have been a shutout)
Habs destroyed them in the most important one which had a ton of playoff implications. Besides...regular season =/= playoffs.

Watsatheo is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:07 AM
  #849
windycity
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Well duh
Posts: 3,530
vCash: 500
[QUOTE=CaptainIginla;66029753]They destroyed us every game in reg season... [QUOTE]

They did? I could have sworn we beat them twice, 5-2 (iirc) and 4-1, neither of which was as close as the score.

windycity is offline  
Old
05-14-2013, 11:07 AM
  #850
andy28
Registered User
 
andy28's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 4,266
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealCity View Post
You know, I did feel a bit bad for the Leafs after their incredibly epic collapse last night, but after reading how confident they are that would had an 'easy pass' to the 2nd round if they played the Habs, I don't feel the least bit bad anymore. F 'em.
.
That kind of thing doesn't bother me at all. For one, they very well could have beaten us, and that is one reason why I am glad we did not end up playing them. Secondly, it's pretty normal for a lot of fans to think their team has an edge. A lot of habs fans were picking us against Ottawa. I remember some fans two years ago were saying we were definitely going to beat Boston because we owned them in the playoffs throughout history.

I think it's pathetic that we are more focused on having the Leafs as a team to trash.

andy28 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:41 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2015 All Rights Reserved.