HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Out of Town Thread part LVIII - All Talk From Around the League Here

Closed Thread

Old
05-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
I'm starting to feel really bad for you. You seem like such an angry person... Everything is always so doom & gloom for you. Sucks.
No such thing. Hockey is a game. And I enjoy this game.

It's not my heart that tells me that we have nothing to cheer/celebrate about. It's my head. I couldn't care less if the Habs got eliminated. **** happens. That being said, we're on a HOCKEY message boards, we discuss hockey, and my favorite team is the Habs... And my head tells me the Habs have done nothing of value in the playoffs, and were probably the ones who got humiliated the most in those playoffs. And if I was a Leafs fan, I would find it ridiculous that Habs fans, of all people, laugh at the way my team lost after putting on a great battle to a great team.

It's just that too many people in this thread are way too hypocritical.

Oh and feel bad as you wish for me... I wouldn't if I were you. I personally am not feeling bad for myself at all

Old
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watsatheo View Post
Besides...regular season =/= playoffs.
Yeah but its normal for them to think they would have passed us

Old
Crimson Skorpion

vCash: 50
Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiggsBozon View Post
Still, if you guys laugh at them, what does that say about our own team? We got humiliated in every single aspect of the game.

Oh yeah... bad luck and injuries. How convenient.
I understand we got humiliated and have made no excuses about the series loss, AND I laughed at the Leafs last night.

**** me, right?

Old
05-14-2013, 11:11 AM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Habs destroyed them in the most important one which had a ton of playoff implications. Besides...regular season =/= playoffs.
Indeed. No team fans should know this fact better than us.

Old
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habs 4 Life View Post
The Leafs were so soft in their own zone in the final 10 minutes, no pressure whatsoever towards the Bruins. They should have never lost that game. And Why is Carlyle playing Grabovski late in the game, he costed him a goal on Sunday night and again last night, terrible player in his own zone in this series
With Bozak out he has no choice. It's like us when Eller went down, Desharnais had to take more defensive zone starts.

Old
gusfring

Looking at how Toronto played and how we played, they would have taken us out very quickly.

We were ill-prepared for playoff hockey. It's that simple.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:12 AM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Private Encounter View Post
I understand we got humiliated and have made no excuses about the series loss, AND I laughed at the Leafs last night.

**** me, right?
Yes, and having only a BACC, I'll laugh at someone who fails his master... Logic heh?

Old
05-14-2013, 11:12 AM
CaptainBenn
King Thranduil swag

Quote:
No such thing. Hockey is a game. And I enjoy this game.

It's not my heart that tells me that we have nothing to cheer/celebrate about. It's my head. I couldn't care less if the Habs got eliminated. **** happens. That being said, we're on a HOCKEY message boards, we discuss hockey, and my favorite team is the Habs... And my head tells me the Habs have done nothing of value in the playoffs, and were probably the ones who got humiliated the most in those playoffs. And if I was a Leafs fan, I would find it ridiculous that Habs fans, of all people, laugh at the way my team lost after putting on a great battle to a great team.

It's just that too many people in this thread are way too hypocritical.

Oh and feel bad as you wish for me... I wouldn't if I were you. I personally am not feeling bad for myself at all
Dont know if you are angry but at least you are not delusional

Old
05-14-2013, 11:15 AM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
Dont know if you are angry but at least you are not delusional
Well, I just like to think that if my team made it to game 7 against a team nobody saw us winning, I would not feel ashamed to be a fan of my team. Just like I was disappointed in 2011, but not ashamed.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:19 AM
Watsatheo
Error 503 Service

vCash: 883
Quote:
Talk about that to Bruins fans.

Truth is, you're likely going to learn more about your team and yourself in a long, emotional and painful series than you do by getting humiliated in 5 by a 7th seed.

And even without taking that aspect into the equation, it's ridiculous, stupid and pathetic to laugh at a team who really gave it all on the ice like the Leafs did. I, for one, would be proud of them if I were a fan of their team. They overcame a 1-3 deficit and almost won it, when nobody saw them winning it. On this forum, everybody thought the Bruins would get by them easily. And now that they won in OT in game 7, you guys are laughing at them?

You're doing exactly what you accuse Leafs fans of doing. We have nothing to be proud about. And I like the Leafs better next season to have success than I like the Habs in their current state.
Like I said, there is no proven absolute correlation like you suggested. Just because the Bruins may have benefited doesn't mean every team will.

What did I accuse Leafs fans of doing? What's embarrassing is being jealous of a 1st round loss. I'd hope Habs fans haven't stooped to that level.

Nothing to be proud about? How about not being a joke lottery team anymore in one season - something most of the people of the hockey world saw this team being this season. A lot of teams go through a long painful period before coming back...see Leafs.

Quote:
Still, if you guys laugh at them, what does that say about our own team? We got humiliated in every single aspect of the game.

Oh yeah... bad luck and injuries. How convenient.
You do remember that this team was preparing for a top 3 pick less than a year ago right? It'd take a god to take such a team to a cup contender in less than 1 year of GM'ing and expecting as much is ridiculously unrealistic. There's a reason most people chose the Senators to win the series.

For comparison's sake, these Leafs we laugh at:

2011/2012 - 26th overall in NHL
2010/2011 - 22nd overall in NHL
2009/2010 - 29th overall in NHL
2008/2009 - 24th overall in NHL
2007/2008 - T24th overall in NHL

The team tanked and rebuild-ed for 5 years to get to a position to make history as the only team to choke a 3 goal 3rd period lead in game 7.

I find it insulting you'd be compliant with such a process for the Leafs yet so degrading of how the Habs new management are going about things with less than 1 year into their job.

Last edited by Watsatheo: 05-14-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old
05-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
Could you explain why you think OTT is in a better position? Is it because they beat Habs in playoffs. I don't see much difference and after this years draft I think the Habs are postiioned well for the future.

Also Leafs toughness is really only 3 players picked up off waivers or UFA .And take their size from the roster and they are probably smaller than the Habs overall
Ottawa has some good young players, but also a lot of older/high mileage guys in their core like Spezza(chronic back issues), Gonchar(UFA), Alfredsson(54 years old and about to retire), Michalek(often hurt or unproductive), Neil(getting old for a guy his style) and Phillips(35 yaers old).

Goaltending looks strong but Anderson probably won't duplicate this season.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:21 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainIginla View Post
Yeah but its normal for them to think they would have passed us
True.

And a lot of our fans have been saying we could have taken Boston because of our season series with them. We can't have it both ways.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:22 AM
windycity

Win or lose, I am always going to laugh at the Leafs

Old
05-14-2013, 11:23 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ECWHSWI View Post
huh... not really no, slowest pace serie of the 1st round : TO/BOS
HiggsBozon just likes to be negative and post opposite of Habs fans...think he is a closet Leaf fan hiding out here

Old
05-14-2013, 11:24 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by windycity View Post
Win or lose, I am always going to laugh at the Leafs
You may not. It's been a long time for them. But the Leafs were not always a joke, and they are not under a magic curse.

I think it shows how pathetic we are that we need the Leafs to make us feel better about ourselves.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
You do remember that this team was preparing for a top 3 pick less than a year ago right? It'd take a god to take such a team to a cup contender in less than 1 year of GM'ing and expecting as much is ridiculously unrealistic. For comparison's sake, these Leafs we laugh at:

2011/2012 - 26th overall in NHL
2010/2011 - 22nd overall in NHL
2009/2010 - 29th overall in NHL
2008/2009 - 24th overall in NHL
2007/2008 - T24th overall in NHL

The team tanked and rebuild-ed for 5 years to get to a position to make history as the only team to choke a 3 goal 3rd period lead in game 7.

I find it insulting you'd be compliant with such a process for the Leafs yet so degrading of how the Habs new management are going about things with less than 1 year into their job.
Bergevin has done a great job. But there is still a ******** of work to do for him, and to be quite honest, I was a little disappointed by what he said yesterday in his PC. We'll see what happens, but I'm not holding my breath.

We have no right to be laughing at them for what happened in those playoffs. Habs fans keep living in the past... facts are facts. This season, they won the season series, AND looked better than us in the playoffs. We can get back in our holes and show humility at the very least.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:27 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehowl View Post
HiggsBozon just likes to be negative and post opposite of Habs fans...think he is a closet Leaf fan hiding out here
I don't think he is being negative at all. He is being critical. It's better to criticize ourselves. That's how you become better.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:27 AM
Rosso Scuderia

Seriously, people saying we should feel embarassed because we lost in 5 and Toronto are so great for going to game 7 should just become Leafs fan.

I dont feel embarassed because I dont think our team as a whole, was outplayed by the Sens. I actually think most game, we outplayed them but it all comes to goaltending. Anderson was brillant, Price was bad and Budaj was just medicore.

It hurts much more when you are so close to the goal. When is the last time you guys saw a team score 2 goals after pulling their goalie. About once every 5 years? Well managed to do that in their most important game of the season. Wow big deal! They came back from 1-3 deficit. They also lost a 4-1 lead in game 7 with 10 minutes to play.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:28 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post
Looking at how Toronto played and how we played, they would have taken us out very quickly.

Make a list of key injuries down the stretch and compare. I don't think too many teams ahd as many as the Habs did. OTT suffered early but had mostly same roster for last part of year.

Take away so many key players on BOS/TOR/ etc and see how far they go.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:28 AM
andy28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosso Scuderia View Post
Seriously, people saying we should feel embarassed because we lost in 5 and Toronto are so great for going to game 7 should just become Leafs fan.
I think people who demand better from our fans and our team are much better Habs fans. I don't think he is embarrassed, but just means if we think it should be embarrassing for the Leafs what does that say about our team.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:29 AM
Coldplay
Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyrettaBlaze View Post
A mod started a Leafs appreciation thread on the Stanley Cup board. HF....
Pathetic. I'd be embarrassed to be a Leafs fan right now. If that were my team, as I said in that thread, I wouldn't be appreciative of the self-imploding job they masterfully pulled off.

The one time I cheer for Toronto...yeah. Word of advice never to cheer for them again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
I think people who demand better from our fans and our team are much better Habs fans. I don't think he is embarrassed, but just means if we think it should be embarrassing for the Leafs what does that say about our team.
Congratulations to them for making the playoffs in a decade and proceeding to pull off even what a cynic thought would be impossible. This says nothing about our team. The Leafs have nothing to do with us.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:30 AM
Habsawce

vCash: 2154
People who are saying "Boston or Toronto would have put us out easily" are out to lunch. You cannot state an absolute when the mitigating factors that lead to the teams demise would have been different if they were facing another team.

Injuries, schedule, officials, etc etc all different. Dumb stance to take imo.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:31 AM
Son Oncle Jerry
Formerly HiggsBozon

Quote:
Like I said, there is no proven absolute correlation like you suggested. Just because the Bruins may have benefited doesn't mean every team will.

What did I accuse Leafs fans of doing? What's embarrassing is being jealous of a 1st round loss. I'd hope Habs fans haven't stooped to that level.
What does it say about Habs fans being pathetic enough to make themselves feel better with a Leafs loss? What's good for us is also good for them.

It's visible some of you guys have limited experience in sport. There's a HUGE difference between being jealous of a 1st round loss, and respecting the way a team lost, as painful as it might have been.

To me, you have to show respect for what the Leafs did. I know I do. And I know what's the most pathetic in this thread is not posters respecting what the Leafs did.

Old
05-14-2013, 11:32 AM
Hullois
Suck it Trebek

vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by gusfring View Post

Nonsense, I know you are mostly just a troll but common. Give me back Eller, Pacioretty at 100%, Prust, White and even Gionta, and a slightly better version of Price and we would have won that series.

But no, let's just blow up this team and start from scratch

Old
05-14-2013, 11:35 AM
Nitehowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy28 View Post
I don't think he is being negative at all. He is being critical. It's better to criticize ourselves. That's how you become better.
You sound like his brother . Everything is always greener on the other side of the fence.

If he is gonna critique (his?) team you would expect as much positive as negative posts.

Sure Habs have roster problems and I am as dissappointed as anyone else with the losses to OTT but at the same time I am happy with the direction management has implemented and scouting/coaching staff added.

We improved from 28th to 4th and I know it was a short season and if we played 82 games this year we may have dropped a bit but really how can you not look on the POSITIVE side after all we have been thru with Houle/Gainey/Gauthier leadership!!!!

Closed Thread